The Green Building

Brooklyn, NY

Known for its rustic elegance and flexibility.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Loft

Bar + Drinks, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

452 Union Street, Brooklyn, NY

Breathtaking venue

Reviewed on 4/28/2015 Trista W

We had our March 2015 wedding at The Green Building -- it was the first place we looked and fell in love with it immediately. We were looking for something with a little more personality than your typical venue, and choosing The Green Building was one of the best decisions I... Read More made. It is honestly stunning and wowed all of our guests. And it photographs so well -- the place literally takes my breath away every time I see it. Megan was super awesome to work and very helpful. Honestly, I couldn't be happier!

Best of the Best!

Reviewed on 8/01/2014 Carly K

This venue will seriously make all your dreams come true. It's such a unique space, and you can fill it in so many different beautiful ways. The outdoor space adds SO MUCH to the experience, and I just don't have enough good things to say. I worked with Megan S. and she's... Read More such a pleasure to plan with. I highly recommend booking The Green Building first thing, as it books up VERY fast! Stunning.

Amazing Venue for a lovely wedding

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Laura S

We had our ceremony at 501 Union and our reception at the Green Building across the street, both owned by the same amazing company. Both venues are gorgeous! The staff at both are sooo friendly and helpful throughout the whole process. They walked us through all the rentals,... Read More features of the space, decorating ideas, etc. many times over multiple visits. They were also extremely responsive to our many questions along the way! The staff the day of the event was attentive and friendly, from helping with set up, assisting the other arriving vendors to helping our guests get cars at the end of the night....they were just perfect! We got sooo many compliments on the beautiful spaces (and we're architects so that was important to us!) We couldn't imagine our wedding being anywhere else! Thanks again Green Building team! Laura and Kevin August 2013

Beautiful space

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Erica W

I wrote a review on Wedding Wire but wanted to also write here for brides that go on this site. We had my wedding at the Green Building two weeks ago. The husband and I fell in love with it the first time we saw it and knew it was THE place. The coordinator that we were... Read More initially in contact with did not answer our emails and made us skeptical but we were later told she was on vacation. After working with another coordinator we had no problems and any questions were answered promptly. Understandably, when we booked the Green Building it was a year and a half away so all the details of the contract was not remembered but a quick reminder was all it took and it was fine. The reason I rated 4 for value was because they are still quite expensive and when everything is done, it almost cost us the same amount if we went with a high-end all inclusive venue. We had to rent everything, hire the workers, and also had to pay for the outdoor space which would not have been used during the wedding anyway. That said, the outdoor space was recently renovated as was the windows and they look great. Everything else worked out fine, mainly because I had family living in Brooklyn. Otherwise, if you are a hands-on, DIY bride like me and do not live in Brooklyn or have family in Brooklyn, it may be pretty stressful to arrange for equipment/decoration to be dropped off prior to the wedding/picked up after the wedding because the Green Building is so popular during summer and fall weekends. Everything had to be done the morning of which kept me on nerves until my family told me everything was dropped off. Overall, the space was great, my pictures look amazing, and I had the time of my life at my wedding.

Pretty Good

Reviewed on 4/09/2013 Mandi N

We rented the green building for our wedding on the tail end of the low season for around $6,000. We had heard the place was a good choice because its fully customizable and thats no joke, you have to do everything yourself (or hire someone to do it for you). The venue itself... Read More is beautiful, which was great for us because after everything else, we didn't have it in the budget for any decor and only minimal flowers. We just had a tiny bud vase on each table and ordered their globe light package, which I advise if you have a blank wall anywhere, we used it as a backdrop to our ceremony. I was afraid the place would feel empty, but it was great. We heard repeatedly before hand that the sound system wasn't good so we brought in extra speakers, but it wasn't necessary, the sound was great and plenty loud (oops too loud). I think the most important thing to consider about this venue are the hidden costs. I can't tell you what the hidden costs of your event/wedding will be, but here were what blew me away because I had no idea a wedding could cost so much that we put the bare minimum in to. A Day-of-Coordinator is not included. You are told you have the venue for 24 hours, which sounds great, but before you think you're going to party until 2am, remember that your caterer might charge you up the wazoo for time over 5 hours. Rentals:You must use Broadway Party Rentals and the cheapest stuff for a sit down dinner for 150 will cost about $7,000. There are no heating sources to cook with at TGB, so if your caterer can't supply, plan for an extra $800+/-. So before you even feed people, buy a dress, add flowers, pay a DJ, or hire a photographer, this venue will cost you $11,000 for a sit-down dinner. Everyone who works there was really nice and thankfully quick and knowledgable. Logistically we had a few hiccups. I would have to e-mail people a few times before hearing back and 3 meetings out of 4 were with a new person. It seemed as though things were rapidly changing there as information I received quickly became out-of-date, it was a little confusing at times. They had an event scheduled the day before so we couldn't rehearse there (really not a big deal for us). A few days before the big event we were told it would be better if (not in accordance with our contract) all our stuff could be picked up on monday instead of sunday. We scrambled to make arrangements and almost changed our honeymoon plans because we had nobody to help, but fortunately we cited the contract and moved on. Between our contract signing and a few weeks before our wedding a piece of furniture in the speakeasy broke. The TGB rep said there were a few things that needed to be fixed, but on my wedding day the cracked piece of furniture with a wobbly leg was still in the room. The night of our wedding there was someone there on TGB's behalf who was never introduced to us, I had to walk up to the random person with the clipboard and ask who she was. On more than one occasion when our guests were leaving the host was either missing or standing in the doorway of the coat check while guests squinted at ticket numbers. I had to tap him on the shoulder and ask him to help them. The final word on it is too much hassle for so much money. I think they need to lower the rate, but I'm pretty sure people will keep paying it.

Ok, but be advised

Reviewed on 12/06/2012 Laura Angela B

The Green Building is a beautiful venue and I am glad I had my wedding there, but there are a few things you should know. you can use any vendor there except for rentals and they insist on Broadway Party Rental. I booked the space in February for a Sunday wedding in November,... Read More but was only told THREE DAYS before that a Sunday delivery would cost an additional $400. No one told me and I refused out of principle. The venue then told me they contacted the wedding planner from the Saturday wedding (I person I do not know) who said they would be willing to pay $200 for the delivery fee. This seemed very strange. I opted out of all of this and bought everything at Ikea.

THE place to get married!

Reviewed on 11/12/2012 Angie O

We had our October 21st Wedding at The Green Building and we could not have been happier! Quin Johnson was beyond helpful in planning and a true pleasure to work with. She made everything so easy for us! The space is just gorgeous. We had our ceremony and reception inside.... Read More The ceremony could not have been more romantic. We used the front wall (the one with the kitchen entrance) and had a light wall hung. The lights combined with the rustic charm of the space was breathtaking. Our cocktail hour was in the outdoor space which looked fantastic with the lights strung along the top. The indoor space was just the perfect size for our reception of 135 seated. We did banquet style tables and still had plenty of room for a dance floor. I cannot even begin to count the number of compliments we received on how beautiful our venue was. It is truly a magical space.

An Urban Chic Wedding

Reviewed on 7/15/2012 Karina L

We got married last weekend and we had our reception at the Green Building. Not only was the reception a fantastic affair but the Green Building was amazing. We wanted an urban chic wedding with a vintage flare. The Green Building staff helped us to make our vision come true... Read More and our friends and family were more than impressed with the space. I highly recommend the Green Building and Quin, Meghan and Brooke were more than helpful to answer questions, give recommendations and provide solutions to any challenges. If you are looking for a great space at a reasonable price consider this venue. We did and we couldn't be happier.

Wonderful space

Reviewed on 5/14/2012 reva g

The staff at the Green Builidng- led by Brooke-led us though the process of planning and creating a wedding that surpassed my expectations.