On location San Diego Hair & Make-up Artist

Our mission is to provide quality hair and make-up through passion and experience. We will ensure you look and feel beautiful on your special day by creating a unique look just for you! Working in the industry for over a decade, We specialize in hair and make up for your wedding day throughout S. California. Call today

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

San Diego & beyond, CA San Diego & beyond (619) 301-4237
INSTAGRAM

Made my wedding day

Reviewed on 1/15/2016

Kristi and Stacey were amazing from their responsiveness to my in initial inquiry to my wedding day. They were able to easily help me sort through a number of different looks I had found on Pinterest and find one that not only worked, was executed perfectly. Both my... Read More hair/makeup trial and my wedding day were stunning replicas of the look I wanted with adjustments that complimented my features. Wedding guests came up to me and said the hair and make up at my wedding was the best they have ever seen. No exaggeration. They made my bridesmaids, flower girl and mother feel comfortable and beautiful. The last time my mom wore make up or had her hair done was years before at my sister's wedding and the compliments were coming all day long from guests. She looked stunning and felt beautiful, not fake. The Hair & Makeup Box is at the top of my recommended vendors from my October 2015 wedding. Flexible, yet decisive and experts at their craft.

The Most Talented Team!!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Alyson R

The Hair & Make-up box is second to none! Kristi and Stacey will make you and your wedding party look and feel incredible on your big day! These ladies are the perfect duo and extremely talented. They work together flawlessly and are so much fun to be around. All of my... Read More bridesmaids loved how they looked, which can be a difficult task! They went above and beyond to accommodate everyone’s individual requests. They are professional, affordable, extremely well-organized and stay on schedule. I was so nervous about choosing the right team for my wedding hair and make-up and I couldn’t have been happier. If you want to look flawless and have a carefree wedding day, book the Hair & Make-up Box!

Beyond thrilled!

Reviewed on 9/20/2015 Liza H

I absolutely LOVED working with Kristi and Stacey on my wedding day! My wedding was in June, 2015. Kristi and Stacey were always so professional and positive to work with. They are easy to talk to and are always quick and clear to communicate. They are a great team! They made me... Read More feel so special and relaxed on the wedding morning because they were so easy to work with. My sisters, my mom, and I felt and looked the most beautiful on that day! Kristi is talented with makeup! She knows how to work with your best features to make them stand out. She knew exactly what we wanted and made sure we got it. She made sure that each of us felt comfortable and happy with the results before we got up. Stacey did an AMAZING job on my hair! It was a complex style, and I have thicker than usual hair, but she was able to bring my idea to life. My hair and makeup lasted all day, even though it was outside near the ocean breeze. By the end of the night, I didn’t want to wash off my makeup or take my hair out. I loved it that much! I still can’t believe how amazing they made me look and feel. I was beyond thrilled with the results!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Vanessa E

I had Kristi do my make up on my wedding day (Stacey was not available, but I've heard great things). She is so sweet and available for questions. I had kind of an emotional morning the day of the wedding and I swell really easy. By the time Kristi was done with me you couldn't... Read More tell I so much shed a tear. The guests were raving about my make up and it lasted all night. I also had her do both the moms make up. She absolutely transformed them. My mom said she doesn't remember the last time she felt that beautiful. She books up fast so do no hesitate.

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Gabby d

I am so happy that I went with the Hair & Make-up Box for my wedding day! Kristi and Stacey are an amazing duo who do such a good job making bridal parties feel and look beautiful. I absolutely loved my wedding hair and makeup and it lasted through the long day and night that... Read More was mostly spent outside near the ocean. After seeing some of the other girls’ stunning makeup, one of my bridesmaids who at first had opted to only get hair done decided to get her makeup done too last minute by Kristi. They were so organized and accommodating for my large bridal party. On top of everything, they are both so personable and made the getting ready process fun and relaxing. Thank you Kristi and Stacey for working your magic on me and my bridal party!

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Jamie L

Kristi and Stacey are a fantastic team! My trial and wedding day hair and makeup were exactly what I wanted and photographed beautifully. I loved how incredibly easy it was to schedule my trial and coordinate day of timelines with having a hair & makeup team rather than two... Read More individual vendors. Kristi and Stacey have wonderful warm and friendly personalities. I am shy and was pretty nervous about finding a hair and makeup team, but I was amazed at how comfortable they made me feel at my trial. I brought many pictures of the general look I was looking for and they were both able to take those ideas and make it work perfectly for me. My bridesmaids and mom were thrilled with their makeup. I wanted all my bridesmaids to have updos with each one having a different style of braid. Stacey did a phenomenal job working with very different hair types and gave me an overall very coordinated look, but with everyone actually having their own individual style. All our updos stayed up beautifully, even with very windy weather conditions!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Jennifer P

I cannot GUSH enough on how much my bridesmaids and I LOVED The Hair and Make-Up Box. From my mother who is in her 70s, to 9 very diverse bridesmaids, the team made every single one of us look and feel fabulous. I usually do no trust makeup teams for weddings (when I was a... Read More bridesmaid) and end up always having to redo makeup on myself and other girls (I end up wasting so much $$ and then have to redo it!!!)...but with this team, everyone was left beyond satisfied with BOTH hair and makeup. This is team is efficient, quick to respond, more than helpful with a stressed out bride, and sooo accommodating and organized. Truly an A+++ team. I will definitely recommend and use them for future events. To all future brides- all of our glam radiated in our photos....which sticks with you a lifetime...so make sure you invest in this team because it not only is for your special day but a lifetime of reliving those memories in your video and photos.

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Katie K

The ladies at The Hair & Make-Up Box are truly artists. I booked them simply off of their portfolios since I live on the other side of the country now, and I was not disappointed. Not only are they amazing professionals, they are complete and total dolls! Kristi and Stacey took... Read More their time to get to know me, my style, and my inspiration and channeled it into a masterpiece at the trial and on the wedding day. Not only did they ensure my look was flawless, they went above and beyond for my mom and my girls! I wish I had more opportunities to need my hair and make-up done just to work with these wonderful women again.

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Kat G

Kristi is just SO GOOD! I love how she made my makeup look so natural and I got so many compliments on how my whole bridal party looked. I love her energy and she is so fun to work with!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Ginny D

Kristi and Stacey are the dynamic duo! I had two trials with them and had fun getting to know these ladies. On the day of my wedding, Kristi and Stacey did an outstanding job with my hair and makeup. It was the best I've ever felt and looked and I was so happy with how confident... Read More I felt and I couldn't wait to see my husband at the ceremony. My bridesmaids loved Kristi and Stacey's personalities and thought they were fun to hang out with while they got their hair and makeup done. Thank you so much Kristi and Stacey, you made us feel incredible that day and I LOVED my hair and makeup all night, it was just perfect and stayed on throughout the reception. I'm sure I'll be using you two again for any event that I may have in the future!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 K B

Kristy & Stacey from The Hair and Makeup Box were my hair and makeup stylist for my wedding in March. They were personable, timely, organized, and very efficient. My bridesmaids were raving about their makeup and up dos as well as I. I did not feel over done/ fake; it was a... Read More natural beauty look just what I wanted. I cannot thank these sweet and talented ladies enough for the amazing look that lasted the entire day!

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Emma W

My hair and makeup the day of the wedding was phenomenal and everything I had wanted! Plus, the girls were so sweet and made my day that much better!

Reviewed on 3/23/2017 Jessica W

Ok, STOP looking, you've found your bridal beauty team!!! Stacey and Kristi completely exceeded my expectations. To start, they were extremely responsive to all communications, well organized and made me feel comfortable with the logistics of the day. I have probably had my hair... Read More and makeup professionally done a handful of times and always felt just ok with the result. Both Stacey and Kristi took the images I showed them and made them truly come to life and look exactly like I had hoped. I received so many genuine compliments on the day of my wedding; I felt so pretty! I can't say enough about their talent. They handled hair and makeup for 5 of us and each person left their chairs saying "oh wow!" They are also such sweet, classy women you will want to hang out with them all day! Trust me-You are in good hands with The Hair and Makeup Box! Xoxo!

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 T N

Kristi and Stacey did a wonderful job for my wedding! The whole experience was fun and enjoyable, from getting a hair and makeup trial to the day of the wedding when they had to do hair and makeup for 8 ladies! Stacey was about 5 months pregnant at the time and she was a... Read More trooper--standing up the whole time she did our hair. The ladies listened to my requests and looked at the photos I shared. I had my first trial with another hair and makeup duo and the result was not as impressive. I looked older and felt like I was one of those French courtesans with so much makeup on my face. Kristi and Stacey did an amazing job compared to my first trial. My makeup looked natural and lasted all day for the photos. All my bridesmaids loved their look as well and one even asked for their info for her friend's wedding. Thank you for doing an amazing job! I will refer all my friends to you for your professionalism, experience, friendly personality and reasonable fee.

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Amanda A

Kristi and Stacy are THE BEST. If you can, book them right now! :) I got a recommendation from a friend, and I am so glad I did. First off, Kristi answers quickly to all emails. She is the sweetest, you could tell from her first email. Kristi and Stacy rearranged their... Read More schedules so that they could do my trial on the same day as my engagement pictures. They went above and beyond. And after that trial I was hooked. From showing a few pictures, and a quick discussion, they nailed it! The hair and makeup were both SOO perfect. I wish Kristi and Stacey could do my hair and makeup every day. It was incredible to see how in unison they work. Then the wedding day rolled around and I was so excited to see them again. They know their timing perfectly. They were right on schedule the whole day! Wow, their work was incredible on everyone. They listened to all of my bridesmaids and my mom and what they were looking for and made it happen beautifully. Then when it came to be my turn, they recreated my trial and pushed it a little further for the big day and all the pictures. Wow. It was stunning. I felt like a princess, and got SO many compliments. And, my hair and make up stayed perfectly all day and all night. Not a single smudge on my face even with the massive amount of tears I shed throughout the day. :) I highly highly highly recommend The Hair and Make-Up Box. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Julia N

Kristi and Stacy were incredible, and a perfect touch for our wedding! From my makeup and hair trial - I knew I was in good hands! She even scrounged to find an extra assistant so my girls wouldn't have to wake up too early! Kristi was also VERY receptive to any feedback I had... Read More (I know I can be picky, but it ended up PERFECT!) All of our girls loved their looks, and my mom loved hers so much that she's since gone back to get her makeup done for New Year's Eve!

Reviewed on 12/26/2016 Amanda D

Kristi and Stacey are absolutely phenomenal. Everything from my hair trial to my wedding day was so smooth and easy. Not only do they work together seamlessly but they are also amazing on their own. On the day of my trial they really listened to the vision I had in mind and... Read More helped it come to life! Everything was recreated and done so beautifully on the day of my wedding. I can't speak highly enough of them - I was so blessed to have them there with me on the morning of my wedding! I absolutely loved the outcome. Thank you so much!!!

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Neda N

There is nothing I can say that would do justice to Kristi and Stacy's amazing work. I did my trial when Stacy was out of town and ended up loving my makeup but I wasn't sure about my hair. Kristi had warned me that she was not "the hair person" but due to living in OC and... Read More having to travel to San Diego for my trial, I couldn't really wait for Stacy to come back. It wasn't until after I left my trial and got home that I realized I wasn't crazy about my hair. I emailed Kristi and she immediately put me in touch with Stacy to do another hair trial at no cost. Stacy was coming to OC to visit her in laws and was more than willing to stop by my house on her day off to make sure I felt comfortable with her work for my big day. I couldn't decide between two updos and without hesitation, Stacy offered to try them both (she really is a patient angel). Even my mom was annoyed with my indecisiveness but not Stacy. She was patient, kind, and extremely helpful. She really cares about what YOU want and will do whatever it takes to make sure the bride is happy. The day of my wedding the ladies arrived early to set up. They had sent me a list of what they needed beforehand and my planner made sure they were taken care of. I had about 20 people that needed their hair and make up done and Stacy and Kristi, along with their team, worked diligently to keep us on time and even ahead of schedule. All of my girls LOVED the way they looked. Kristi's make up skills are second to none. We all felt like supermodels! She took time to explain things and to ask the girls questions to make sure they looked exactly how they wanted. The weeks leading up to my wedding, Kristi was helping me pick out lip colors and sending me ideas to go try on (i told her i wanted to buy something so i could have it to reapply all night). She always responded to my texts and was super helpful. She even took special care to find me the most gorgeous eyelashes! Bottom line, these girls will treat you like a friend. They truly invest in your wedding and go above and beyond to make you look and feel absolutely gorgeous. Their positive attitudes, cheerful demeanors, and great taste are all part of the package. I wish I could hire them to be my personal glam squad everywhere I go. They are truly fantastic to work with!! I can't say enough good things! Thanks Makeup Box!!!

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Farah K

Kristi and Stacey are amazing at what they do. For my trial, I showed them exactly what I wanted and they made me look fantastic. On the day of my wedding, my hair and makeup could not have been better. I received so many compliments and my hair and makeup looked exactly the... Read More same from the moment they finished at about 2pm, until the end of the night, 12 hours later. I cannot say how great they are in this review. They were punctual, easy to work with and one of the best decisions I could have made for my big day! They are fantastic and you cannot go wrong with their professionalism and eye for detail. They will make you and your bridal party look amazing!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Jessica W

They did such an amazing job with my hair and makeup. I felt incredibly beautiful. They really listened to what I wanted and delivered. I had been searching for someone to do my hair and makeup for a while before I found them and felt very comfortable after the trial and... Read More emailing them. On my wedding day my makeup lasted all day and made me feel so beautiful. Totally recommending them to my friends.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Elizabeth C

Kristi and Stacey are the Make-up and Hair DREAM TEAM. They were understanding when I had 2 people drop out of our contract and they worked with us. I loved how they made everyone in my bridal party look so flawless. They made me feel beautiful for my big day. You two did such a... Read More great job, I can't wait to see pictures of the bridal party on our big day!! I will recommend you girls to all my family and friends in Southern California!! Thanks again!!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Lorelei A

When I met them for the hair and makeup trial I had no idea what I wanted. I also know nothing about makeup but Stacey and Kristi were able to decipher my vague description and give me the perfect wedding day look. These ladies started bright and early and finished hair and... Read More makeup for 4 bridesmaids, the mother of the bride, two grandmother's of the bride, and the mother of the groom. It was 90 degrees that day and everyone's makeup stayed perfectly in place and there was not a stray hair to be seen. We all looked so beautiful, I wish I could have their help everyday. ***Bonus*** One of my bridesmaids jumped in the pool and her makeup did not smudge or run.

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Talia D

Kristi and Stacey are a dynamic duo that made an already perfect day even MORE perfect (yup -- it's possible). After working their magic, I felt like the best version of myself. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Elisa K

I had such a great experience using The Hair and Make -Up Box for my wedding. They make such a fantastic team. Kristi did my make up, along with my moms and my maid of honor's. Everybody was thrilled and we all looked gorgeous. Stacy did my hair and one of my bridesmaids. She... Read More was very happy wity her hair and I used hair extensions which I was a little nervous about. She did such a wonderful job with the extensions and styling my hair, it looked 100% completely natural. I got so many compliments throughout the day on my hair and my make up. I truly felt like a princess which is how every bride should feel in my personal opinion. Not only are they great at what they do, they are such a pleasure to work with. They are easy-going and just a delight to be around. Thank you guys for making my day so special!

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Stefani H

I hired Kristi to do my bridesmaids hair and makeup. She did an amazing job! Not only did they look beautiful, they felt it too! And it means so much that Kristi helped them feel beautiful because they are but they don't think so normally so I'm just really happy they felt... Read More beautiful on my wedding day! Thank you SO MUCH Kristi! My wedding wouldn't have been the same without you!

2016-05-18T21:03:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind compliments Stefani!! ❤️

Kristi Colby

Hi I'm Kristi Colby! Myself and my amazing partner and hairstylist are the Hair and Make-up Box. We are the lead stylists and have been working together as a team since 2013. We get our inspiration from modern, classic and boho trends that you are currently seeing in today's wedding industry. We are beyond thrilled to be apart of this amazing wedding industry here in San Diego. Together we have done over 300 weddings and counting. We look forward to beautifying you and your bridal party! ❤️