Book Your Wedding with The Heights Villa

A BALLROOM IN HOUSTON, TX

Centrally located inside The Loop, The Heights Villa in Houston, Texas, offers 30,000 square feet of space for wedding ceremonies and receptions. The venue has two ballrooms, lounge areas, a cocktail room, a courtyard and changing rooms for the bridal party. Each room in the facility is meticulously decorated, providing ample photo opportunities around the grounds.

The grand ballroom is a spectacular space for up to 350 guests for a ceremony or reception. It features 20-foot draped ceilings, a balcony and a large stage with a DJ booth that keeps equipment out of sight during the celebration. Guests also have the option of enjoying the adjoining pub with custom wood and granite bar or one of the three lounges or buffet areas near the room.

The ballroom accommodates up to 220 guests for a ceremony or reception. This elegant room includes a spacious dance floor, draped ceiling and two buffet rooms with wooden pocket doors. Guests also enjoy intimate lounge areas, a wine room with a custom bar or a covered outdoor courtyard.

The Heights Villa offers two rental options that couples can customize to suit their needs. Basic room rental of the ballroom or grand ballroom includes tables, gold Chiavari chairs, tablecloths, centerpieces and specialty lighting. With this option, they have three hours of setup time, four hours for the event and one hour for cleanup. Additional time is available for a fee and the owners strictly enforce the contracted times. The inclusive package includes all the options in the basic rental, as well as a photo booth, complimentary valet, upgraded lighting, cake delivery, decorations for the stage and the services of a DJ, security office and venue staff.

Couples must work with one of three caterers approved by the venue. The Heights Villa offers non-alcoholic drinks, beer and wine and full-bar packages. These packages include barware, beverage napkins, bar garnishes and bartending services for four hours. A passed champagne toast is available for an additional fee. Couples that prefer supplying alcohol for the reception have the option of buying out the bar for a fee. All outside vendors must have liability insurance and provide a copy of the policy to the venue before the event.

The changing rooms give the wedding party spacious and relaxing places to prepare for the event. These rooms have amenities like:

• Separate dressing and makeup rooms
  • A floor-to-ceiling mirror
  • Multiple couches
  • Refrigerator stocked with water, soda and snacks
  • Pool table
  • Flat-screen television

The Heights Villa

Step into Houston's newest place to host your dream wedding, reception or special event. If you are looking for a traditional ceremony in a church setting, an elegant reception hall, or an intimate outdoor wedding, our venue has it all. Our venue allows outside catering and alcohol service.

Ballroom, Historic Venue

3600 Michaux, Houston, TX (713) 405-9340

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Kimberly K

My husband I couldn't be happier with our experience at The Heights Villa!! We got married on July 24, 2017 in the ballroom (both ceremony and reception) with 150 guests. The venue is gorgeous. THV can fit any bride's budget. There are countless choices. They have very... Read More reasonablely priced packages and you are also able to add individual items if you don't want everything in a package. They have EVERYTHING on site. We used the photo booth, florist, bar package, uplighting, preferred caterer (City View- they are phoneminal). We ended up splurging on our own DJ. The florist, Shelley, is extremely talented. And the prices are very reasonable for the quality. Non-floral centerpieces are included at no cost! Even linens are included in the rental price. The staff was absolutely wonderful. We worked with Leslie. She is so patient and professional. She even saved us money on a few recommendations! Jamie, who works in the office, is very organized. Within minutes of booking the venue, she sent me a detailed email with a payment schedule. This was so helpful to keep me on track. She also checked in before due dates and answered any questions I had. THV is such a fun venue. Our reception was a big party! Everything we planned went even better. They do everything they can to meet requests (we asked to bring in a special bottle of wine for my MIL as well as set up communion for the ceremony). Another perk at this venue is the bridal/groom suite. They were just remodeled and are huge. It made the hours before the wedding very fun and enjoyable. I could go on forever on how happy we were with The Heights Villa. Our friends and family all had a blast. The staff really cared about making sure everything was done perfectly. Thank you! We are forever thankful for the wedding THV gave us!

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Shandenia G

When I walked into this venue over a year ago I was not looking to make a final decision about my Wedding. The customer service and word of mouth from past Brides of Heights Villa that I spoke with over the next week help me seal the deal. Scheduling a tour by phone with Cathy... Read More was my first interaction and she was very patient and took the time to answer all of my questions and ended with an invitation to come visit the venue. Upon coming in for the appointment Brennan gave me and my Husband the tour. I couldn't believe all of the choices that were apart of the packages and the affordability was impressive. They had an option for a Sunday deal that almost made me think of switching my wedding date..lol I wanted to be sure and made another appointment to bring back my Best Friend and Matron of Honor who were also sold with the options that fit our budget and guest count. Once I made my deposit I was then introduced to Shelly, Leslie and Jamie over the next few weeks and they too were AWESOME ever step of the way until I said "I Do" on Friday, July 7 at 7:00 pm. I am grateful for them because when I received the wedding blues they were still available by phone and very responsive by email also. Our family and friends have been raving ever since they step foot into the beautiful venue. Our wedding party loved the comfortable top of the line Bride and Groom suites. The experience with Heights Villa and staff was everything a Bride needs to entrust one of the most important days of her life to someone else. We are already considering returning to the venue for our daughter's graduation in 2019. The Piper's appreciate you Heights Villa staff!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Ashley P

My husband and I tied the knot on June 4th, 2016 at the Heights Villa. The Heights Villa exceeded my expectations in every way. I had the pleasure of working with Lesley and Jamie and they were always available to answer any questions I had and made sure I had everything in... Read More order prior to my big day. I was really impressed with the selection of decor that the Heights Villa had to offer. The venue had Chavari chairs and a large selection of table linens and centerpieces. The Heights Villa was truly an all inclusive venue and the recommended vendors were top of the line! I would also like to mention, I booked the Grand Ballrooom for the ceremony and reception. The staff at the Heights Villa turned the ballroom over so quickly for the reception, during my Cocktail Hour. I even saw the owners working to make sure things were done correctly. I highly recommend the Heights Villa. It is a beautiful venue with the most professional staff!

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Briana O

WOW!!!! The Heights Villa was so amazing!!! We got married july 1 and was blown away!! We used the grand ballroom and it was magical!! The whole staff was attentive and nice to all of our guests. They went above and beyond and I couldn't be happier with our wedding day. Thank... Read More you to everyone that helps make our day so special and an event that we will never forget. I highly recommend bride's book with them!

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Allie E

My sister had her wedding at The Heights Villa and our family could not be happier. Everything was perfect from the ceremony to the flowers. We totally recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for a venue in Houston.

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Alexis D

I'm so glad they are TRYING to be "friendly". I got married there last year and I still CANNOT get over the WORST experiences I had with this venue. My guests, wedding party, parents, photographer, etc. can all speak on how RUDE they were. I could go on and on about... Read More it..HORRIBLE.

Reviewed on 5/05/2017

On April 23, 2017 my daughter's wedding was a beautiful champagne and blush inspired, vintage meets chic at the Heights Villa. It was an absolutely amazing event. The staff (Brendan, Cathy, Shelly and of course Jamie ) was extremely enjoyable to work with planning of the... Read More wedding ceremony and reception and everything was handled with professional etiquette from start to finish. The grand ballroom was spectacular and our guest thoroughly enjoyed the entire venue. THV is a stunning venue with lots of inclusive packages and made all our dreams of a fairy tale wedding come true. Our guest are still talking about our wedding several days later. Thanks so much for the most memories. You guys are infinitely amazing!

Reviewed on 5/05/2017

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Maria C

Had our weeding reception there this past weekend and everything was beautiful! It was everything I wanted it to be and more! The staff was super helpful and the venue looked amazing, all my guest loved it! I met the event coordinator (Lesley) a year ago when I started planning... Read More the wedding and she helped me so much and answered every question I had! Lesley was amazing and made sure everything came out perfect! Would definitely recommend the venue! Thank you to all the staff, the owners Mr. & Mrs. Garrett & of course Lesley!!!

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Autumn G

My wedding was amazing! My guests are still taking about it 2 years later. I would definitely recommend The Heights Villa!

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Alejandra M

We were married at The Heights Villa last month and had both, ceremony and reception there. We had the best experience and the most beautiful evening wedding there! From the beginning, the communication with everyone at the venue was great! Jamie and Leslie are extremely... Read More thorough and detail oriented. Cathy, Brendan and Collin treated us like family from the beginning. Shelly (who did all the flower arrangements, bouquets, etc) was extremely sweet, helpful, and talented. They all saw our vision from the beginning; as we wanted a candle lit, romantic evening wedding and they asked us to trust them to set up for us the day of and...we did! BEST DECISION EVER! The place was just beautifully arranged and they even gifted us huge, beautiful flower arrangements for the stage that evening. The day of the wedding, Cathy, Shelly and Leslie were there helping us keep with the schedule and making sure everything was looking flawless. Collin commuted from Austin that day just to work our wedding and make sure all the last little details were aligned. I have to add - we did not hire a wedding coordinator or a day coordinator for our wedding and it wasn't Heights Villa's team responsibility to do all that they did. They just went out of their way to make sure we had an unforgettable wedding and for that, we are forever grateful. Other places we looked at, will not do more than is specified by the contract and any little bitty extra help would come with an extra charge. The Heights Villa was the complete opposite! This venue is beautiful and Heights Villa's team is the best you we could've ever found for our wedding. If you are looking for a place to have your wedding, I sincerely recommend you to go to one of their open houses and check this place out. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Jenny M

Our wedding was October 29,2016 at The Heights Villa. I cannot thank them enough, they did such a great job! It was absolutely AMAZING! Even all of our guest were in awe of the elegance of the venue. I can honestly say it was the wedding of my dreams!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Susan H

I had an event at The Heights Villa recently. It was absolutely the most memorable evening ever! Everything turned out perfect. I want to thank the owners Cathy and Brendan for all of their help. I worked with Leslie and Jamie quite a bit. They we very accommodating with... Read More all of my needs. I would definitely recommend The Heights Villa for any event, especially weddings. It was beautiful..

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Brett S

The heights villa is a phenomenal venue and we are so happy that we chose them for our wedding day. From day one and the tour we attended we felt like we were family - all of the staff and owners are super nice, helpful, and very experienced at helping put together a very... Read More classy and elegant wedding. Each and every one of the staff went above and beyond at every step along the way. They were very responsive to any questions or concerns and were always ahead of the game for getting info to us before upcoming deadlines. My wife and I could not be happier with our choice and are always going to look back and smile on our special day - and we know that the heights villa staff were instrumental in making it the perfect wedding. Big thank you to Cathy, Brendan, Collin, Leslie, Shelley, Jamie and everyone else in our Heights Villa family.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Arianne D

I really really enjoyed the experience that the Heights Villa provided for my wedding this past July! I didn't have a wedding planner but the process of booking preferred vendors and picking linens and decor was so easy that I felt like I didn't need one. Everything was... Read More affordable, so we didn't feel like we were breaking the bank on anything for the wedding. The staff was really awesome and helpful (specifically Cathy and Lesley), and went out of their way to make sure that every detail was perfect! Any email or call or question I made to the team was very promptly answered. I was also able to get the mirrored top tables as well as hanging floral which added to the beautiful details already in play, which I HIGHLY recommend! PS: The bridal room in the Grand Ballroom is a must see for brides :-)

Reviewed on 10/27/2016

The Heights Villa is an AMAZING venue, a one stop shop for all your wedding needs! The ballrooms are absolutely beautiful and the staff can't be beat. Wonderful place with wonderful people, we couldn't ask for more!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Kelly B

Had our reception in the larger ballroom - about 175 people attended. It was perfect! They had a lot of decor to use for free or a small fee and my other vendors were very familiar with the place making things very easy and running smoothly! Very happy with Jamie, Lesley and... Read More the rest of the staff!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Allie O

Couldn't have asked for a better event! My daughter's quince was so beautiful and all our guests commented on how fabulous the venue was. I would highly recommend The Heights Villa!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Tamesha C

Our wedding day was September 17, 2016 in the Grand Ballroom. It was absolutely spectacular. From the beginning, Brendan, Cathy, Lesley and Jamie were quick to respond, attentive, dedicated and just overall helpful. They remained so even through our actual wedding. They helped... Read More ensure the room was flipped quickly, since that was a concern of mine, and Brendan was kind enough to capture a moment between my father and I just before I walked down the aisle. Very special for us both and in a time when we didn't have our phones of photographer nearby, he pulled through in a clutch. Thank you so much for helping make our day completely magical.

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Lynn B

Perfect day-perfect place!! We can't say enough good things about the venue and the owners Brendon and Cathy!!! The venue is absolutely gorgeous!! Cathy and Brendon went above and beyond is meeting with us and acclimating our needs!! They exceeded our expectations!!! We also... Read More loved our Dj Roy and the caterer Cityview! I highly recommend this venue for your special day!!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Joan G

This place is amazing and helped create such an amazing day for me and my now husband!! It's gorgeous. Our reception was in The Ballroom. (the smaller of the two rooms) The staff is very responsive and very informative. They are always available to help and offer all kinds... Read More of suggestions. They really work hard to make your dream event come true. They're easy and fun to work with and are fantastic at giving ideas to make your day unique and feel like your own special day! The Heights Villa is simply beautiful . . and made for some really great pictures. We purchased the all-inclusive package which came with our choice of DJ. We just had to meet him/her and make a decision. We chose DJ Roy McQuade who did a phenomenal job picking fun songs that made the crowd get up and dance. The Bridal Suite and Groom Suite are beautiful! During an open house of the Heights Villa we toured the facility and absolutely fell in love with the Bridal and Groom Suite. That is the moment we decided to have our wedding there. If only the price was in line with our own budget. After considering all extras you get with the all-inclusive package it did. I was a little worried that the four hour rental would make me and my guests feel rushed. Luckily this was not the case. I had such a great time and enjoyed every minute of it. Thank you to everyone at the Heights Villa!

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Courtney G

About 30 minutes into the Open House I knew that I would have my wedding reception at The Heights Villa. I toured several other facilities (to appease my sister) but none of them compared to THV . I could not be happier with my decision. The entire night was magical and stress... Read More free! I did not spend a single second of the event worrying about anything. The whole experience from start to finish was easy and enjoyable. Lelsey helped me think through every little detail and made sure that the night was everything I wanted it to be. She helped me with so many details that I never would have thought of on my own. all of those details came together thanks to their hard work and everything was beautiful. The ballroom was perfectly decorated and photographed so well. (My photographer says it's a great place to capture shots.) the photo booth was a big hit with my guests! The valet parking and bar set-up gave the whole experience an upscale feeling. It is clear that The Heights Villa is committed to providing excellence through both their work and their choice of preferred vendors. Both the cake and catering companies were absolutely amazing. I did have some minor issues with the DJ and THV owners treated it as if it was their own staff's mistake, even following up to be sure our issues had been resolved. If you are looking for a place that will take all of the stress out of wedding planning and provide you with the perfect night, you must book The Heights Villa!

Reviewed on 3/31/2016 Kathryn R

Lesley and Shelley are amazing! In fact the whole staff from start to finish through the whole crazy process was excellent! The venue speaks for itself, I was told all night and still now how beautiful it is! The Heights Villa made sure my night went perfect, and I couldn't have... Read More picked a better venue! I I had rain on my wedding day which completely broke my heart but Shelley reassured me that things would work themselves out and they did!! Thanks so much team, it's a night I will never forget!

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 James P

Heights Villa was the first venue we toured, and no other venue we toured afterwards had that wow factor we first saw there (It has a historic charm that is very romantic) ...so of course we chose Heights Villa for our ceremony and reception. Lesley was our main contact... Read More there. Every meeting, email, phone call with Lesley was very helpful. She just made it easy as if she knew wedding planning is stressful enough already. We got to know her very well during the process and she's a wonderful person. Everyone else at the Heights Villa were amazing as well. Everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) went as planned. It was a perfect evening. The venue of course was beautiful (that's why we chose it). I thought we were just booking a venue, but they actually helped so much with logistics and planning and coordinating. We had our ceremony in the Grand Ballroom and our reception was in the Ballroom. I don't know what else to say except it was perfect. They really went out of their way to help us. They gave us the wedding and memories we had dreamed of.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Kendra E

I just got married in their beautiful Grand Ballroom on September 5th 2015. From the beginning of my wedding planning process, the entire staff was attentive to our needs and wants. The venue is absolutely beautiful and was the ideal backdrop for our starry night theme with our... Read More mixed metallics color pallette. The day of our wedding was AMAZING and the team made sure that all had a great time. Special thanks to the entire staff for ensuring that we had the wedding of our dreams. Love the Waters' * Kendra and Justin