The Homestead 1835

New Carlisle, IN

Book Your Wedding with The Homestead 1835

A BARN IN NEW CARLISLE, IN

The Homestead 1835 in New Carlisle, Indiana offers quiet and peaceful grounds an historic barn venue. If you are searching for rustic elegance for your big day, then this venue is just what you need.

The Historic Wooden Barn. With space for up to 225 guests, this barn has a main floor and two upper lofts. The natural lighting and rich woods make the space bright and inviting. When you host your wedding at the barn, your guests will feel like they've stepped back into a simpler, more peaceful time.

Ceremony Site. If you are looking for something amidst nature, then the beautifully landscaped pergola and rose garden is ideal. You will follow a paved walkway leading to the pergola, where you can exchange your vows surrounded by the rolling country fields. Also has a Sound System and Microphone.

The Welcome Center. This building at the front of the venue is where you will initially greet your guests. Here you can set up your guest book, as well as your area for cards and gifts. This is the first location that guests will enter and you can let your style shine.

The Corn Crib. Located near the ceremony site and fire pit, the corn crib is the ideal location to set up your s'mores bar or a photo booth. This building can be used as a staging area for the wedding party as they prepare to walk down the aisle.

The Bridal Suite The Bride’s Room and Groom’s Room each accommodates six people comfortably. The suite offers air conditioning, make-up area, dressing area.

When you book your wedding at The Homestead 1835, liability insurance is provided by the venue. The on-site caterer provides a number of food options, including plated dinners, hors d’oeuvres, buffet style and tastings prior to the day of the event. Bartenders are also provide by the venue, which has a liquor license and provides an open bar if the couple desires.

Couples can enjoy exclusive use of the event grounds on Friday OR Saturday. Tables, chairs and linens are included with your rental. The Homestead 1835 also provides event coordination services, as well as full setup and cleanup. Lighting and decor for the barn is also available with our in-house Design Team.

In addition to spectacular views and staff ready to meet your every need, hosting your wedding at The Homestead 1835 comes with a couple of unique perks.

• Fire pit with lighting service included
  • Air-conditioned bridal and groom’s suites

Where Families Begin and Gather

AVAILABILITY: We host events May-October. See our website for current event availability. WEDDING PACKAGES: We offer both Ceremony + Reception ($5,800) and Reception Only ($5,200) wedding packages. See our website for all the details. DECORATING SERVICES: Our in-house design team offers custom floral and decor options, including our most popular, full-service decor packages. FOOD AND BEVERAGE: Our award winning catering team will create a memorable dining experience for you and your guests. Menus are available on our website. CAPACITY: Our historic barn venue accommodates up to 225 guests. VENUE TOUR: Contact us at 574-344-3248 or [email protected]

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning

33771 Chicago Trail, New Carlisle, IN (574) 344-3248
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Anjulee P

Absolutely amazing!! My husband and I got married at The Homestead on September 24, 2016. The weather was beautiful, the grounds are magnificent, and the barn is gorgeous. Lori & Dave are wonderful!! They are friendly, professional, and were so helpful throughout the entire... Read More process from the very first meeting down to the awesome sparkler send off! My mom and I discovered this venue early on in the wedding planning process and every single venue I saw after that didn't live up to how beautiful The Homestead is. Lori asked me why I wanted my wedding at The Homestead and my reply was I wanted an intimate Hindu/Indian wedding ceremony with a fun, easy-going, outdoor flare to it. What we got was exceptionally more than just that. Getting married here was absolutely my dream wedding- an Indian barn wedding!! My husband's family is from out of state and Lori easily accommodated us with multiple barn visits to show my parents and his parents the grounds. She is knowledgable about the wedding planning process and also served partly as my wedding planner the whole time. She put together a blueprint of my seating chart, a preliminary timeline, and also communicated with several of my other vendors. She is extremely organized and I loved it! She works exclusively with Lasalle Grill in South Bend for catering. All of our guests were impressed with the delicious food and how the chefs were able to add Indian spices to the hors d'oeuvres and the entrees. The two biggest compliments that I still get from our guests (2 months later) about our wedding is how great the venue & the food was. The cocktail hour went smoothly, we had over 200 guests and the one bar inside the barn was more than enough to serve everyone (you do have an option to have a secondary bar outside though). The games like giant Jenga, cornhole, and ring toss were a huge success as well. The fire pit was also a nice place for guests to cozy up to. Choosing The Homestead as our wedding and reception venue was THE BEST decision we made. Just perfect. Thank you so much Lori & Dave!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Allison K

The wedding of our dreams!!!! I could not wait to write this review!!! What an amazing venue, and staff! Lori and her team instantly became family! They are amazing to work with and provide service that is hands down 5 star worthy! The decor, to the catering... just amazing! Our... Read More guests were blown away! We love them, and the homestead will always have a special place in our hearts!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Kelly H

My husband and I got married May 20, 2017, and this place was absolutely amazing!! Our wedding was a dream come true and I cannot thank Lori and Dave enough. The property is beautiful, and although we had a rainy and windy day they made everything go smoothly. From the first day... Read More we toured(and booked the same day!) to our wedding, we couldn't have asked for anything better.

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Kacey G

Lori Kimmel is a great person to work with. We had a destination wedding and came back to Indiana to to celebrate with family and extended friends. Lori worked with me to find an amazing floral/decorator and cake lady. Food was chosen by the venue. The Kimmel's were very... Read More helpful when we asked if we could show up on my husbands favorite tractor. We were able to hide it at there home and they coordinated everything so the entrance ran smoothly. The Homestead 1835 is the perfect place if your looking for a little more rustic look for your event. Everything is super clean and pretty much set to the time period of the barn. The grounds are upkept beautifully. Grass and foliage is all trimmed and not overgrown. Everywhere you look on property is something a little different so unlimited amount of place to take photos. They also have rooms for getting ready as well. Small if you have a large party but very adorable. Since we were married previously we didn't use the wedding portion of the venue but were able to get gorgeous picture by it. The 2 things that were a little hard. We weren't on the same time zone so we were pushing people out the door by 10 pm our time and we had to use the cater they had chosen which was pricy. All in all would recommend for anyone's wedding experience.

Reviewed on 3/24/2017 Sara W

We could not have found a better venue for our wedding! From the day we met with Lori & Dave I knew that we had found our venue and we booked that day! It was the perfect setting for our vintage/country vision. We wanted a casual feel to our day but still elegant and that is... Read More exactly what we got! Working with Lori was great, and she made the whole planning process extremely easy and everything went so smooth. I don't know what I would have done without her help! The family is there with you every step of the way to create your perfect wedding day and to ensure you have almost nothing to worry about on your special day! The grounds are absolutely beautiful! The ceremony site was just what we wanted, and they offer a lot of different décor options to make every detail unique to your vison. The inside of the barn is what we truly fell in love with, its so rustic and earthy and you can truly customize it any way to create your perfect look. We still get compliments every time we see family on the venue and how amazing everything was! Booking The Homestead 1835 is a true all inclusive choice, they will help you with everything you can think of and even stuff you may not! I couldn't be happier with our choice and will cherish the memory of marriage here forever.

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Amanda D

This venue is absolutely perfect. My wife and I got married here August 27, 2016. It was raining that morning so Lori and staff made sure everything was set up inside as well as outside so we our day would be perfect no matter what. Our day could not have been any more... Read More perfect! We recommend this Venue to everyone and our guests still tell us how beautiful everything was!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016

What a stunning venue! We got married in July and we still have people talking about our wedding! Everything was so easy and the staff was very helpful and accommodating! We can't say enough good things about The Homestead 1835! It was the perfect setting for our big day!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016

Every Mother of the Bride wants to ensure that her daughter has the wedding of her dreams. Lori and Dave Kimmel at The Homestead 1835 helped make that dream a reality. From the very first time that we met with Lori and Dave I was extremely impressed. The venue is absolutely... Read More beautiful and extraordinarily charming . Lori is friendly, professional and is very knowledgeable about all things wedding related. In additional to booking a venue I felt like we also garnered a wedding planner. Lori gave us sample timelines and seating charts and made suggestions based on her previous experiences. Since I had never planned a wedding and at times felt a bit overwhelmed, I really appreciated her input and guidance. Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate and we had torrential rain the day of the wedding. Lori and Dave discreetly reconfigured the barn to have the wedding inside if needed. Thankfully, it stopped raining 30 minutes before guests arrived. The Homestead 1835 team worked efficiently and effectively and had the outside ceremony sight dried out and ready for our guests. It was important to Lori and Dave to honor my daughters wishes and have the wedding outside if possible even though it was a lot of extra work for them. That's exceptional customer service! I am exceedingly happy with our experience with The Homestead 1835 and would highly recommend it. Not only is the venue picturesque but The Homestead 1835 team is exemplary!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Ashley D

Lori and Dave are absolutely amazing! We got married saturday, August 20, 2016. It had rained record amounts all week and the morning of was still raining. Lori and her team had set up a ceremony site inside of the barn, but when the rain stopped they quickly set up the outdoor... Read More ceremony site so we could sill have our ceremony by the gorgeous pergola and old wood cross. From the very beginning Lori was on the ball. She was very helpful throughout the whole planning process. She provided us with a preferred vendor list which helped us to find our DJ and other vendors for our day. She was great with communication and helping to plan the day. When the big day finally came she was wonderful in making sure everything ran smoothly, we received great praise and reviews about the venue and staff all day. I would definitely recommend this venue for anyone's wedding. Lori and Dave are outstanding, helpful, and all around incredible hosts. The laid back country atmosphere allowed for our guests to feel comfortable and enjoy all aspects of the ceremony and reception. This is a venue you have to see!!!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Katie W

I can't say enough about how perfect The Homestead is. Of course, the location is beautiful and everything you could ask for in a rustic, country wedding. What really sets this place apart is the owner, Lori, and her husband, Dave. They are the most fantastic people to work... Read More with and you definitely want them on your wedding team. They were incredibly helpful with all the details, scheduling, and just making sure our day was perfect. Lori really knows how to make everything come together - she's a logistics genius! To top it all off, they have an incredibly talented in-house decorator that not only makes the barn look great all the time, but will work with you to personalize the venue. The caterers (Lasalle Grill) were also extremely accommodating and easy to work with. If you want an indoor/outdoor wedding, in a beautiful spot, with amazing coordinators and great food, you absolutely want The Homestead.

Reviewed on 8/14/2016

The Homestead was the perfect place to have our ceremony and reception. My husband and I wanted a modern rustic classy look and The Homestead did not disappoint. Lori was great to work with for the 18 months prior to our wedding including the day of, always keeping me informed... Read More and updated and available right away whenever I had questions. The venue is beautiful and there was so much space to accommodate all of our guests. I have gotten so many compliments on the venue from guests and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for the perfect barn wedding.

Reviewed on 8/14/2016

The Homestead was the perfect place to have our wedding ceremony and reception! My husband and I wanted to go with a modern rustic look but classy and The Homestead did not disappoint. Everything about the venue was perfect and such a large amount of space to accustom all of our... Read More guests. Lori and her husband Dave were present throughout everything to answer any questions we may have had. If something slipped my mind, Lori was sure to get it taken care of to make the day as much of a breeze as possible. Thank you so much Lori and Dave for everything - it could not have been more perfect!

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Elise P

My mom and I saw 8 different barn venues within 2 hours of Chicago...and boy am I glad we didn't give up, since The Homestead 1835 was our last viewing! From the first tour to our big day Lori was genuine, thoughtful, organized and extremely helpful in every possible aspect. I'm... Read More personally an incredibly disorganized procrastinator, and I can't even imagine how our wedding would have turned out without Lori & Dave. Everything went smoothly, specific to my customization (everything orange with a karaoke reception), and almost every guest gave gushing feedback about the venue during the event as well as in the past couple weeks since. The grounds are impeccable, and there's a spot for every type of guest to hang out in. The staff is professional, prompt and friendly. The restaurant that does the catering is amazing, my guests were literally wowed by the quality of the food. I literally couldn't have pictured a better day, and am so thankful to everyone involved in making our ceremony and reception unique, fun and memorable for our friends and family.

Reviewed on 8/11/2016

When my husband and I visited the Homestead we were blown away by two things- 1. The amazing space and views and 2. Lori!! She's fabulous. We had the wedding of our dreams with many thanks to the Homestead. Everything about the coordination of the day way easy because of Lori.... Read More The food was awesome and our guests could not stop talking about how beautiful the property and venue was. Lori was such a dream to work with, from the very start until the final moments of our special day. Thank you Lori for the most wonderful experience!!! Love- Jenn & Andy

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Courtney H

Oh my goodness! I don't have enough words to praise this venue! My wedding was a dream and I owe most of that to Lori and the Homestead. It is an absolutely beautiful venue! I fell in love my first visit-- I never looked anywhere else! Lori and her husband Dave are wonderful... Read More people and she helped me with so many details. She really knows what she is doing. Everyone raved about our venue and loved the options they had during the reception-- so many were dancing, hanging out, playing corn hole, and making s'mores. Your guests will not be bored and will leave so happy! It was so much fun and Lori was very helpful during the planning process as well. Would definitely recommend to anyone to have their wedding here-- but don't forget to invite me :)

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Kellie V

I know this sounds clique, but I simply cannot say enough about the venue and the team there. Everything about the Homestead made our day absolutely perfect. Between the comfortable and quaint atmosphere and the absolutely excellent job of Lori and her team, we could not have... Read More picked a more perfect place to get married. Lori helped make the vision we had for our wedding a reality, and for that, we will both be forever grateful.

Reviewed on 6/11/2016 Cortney D

The Homestead 1835 was the second venue we visited after a search of about 30 or so barns & historic venues and we knew that this was it! It's an incredibly beautiful & unique space operated by incredibly gracious & flexible hosts - Lori & Dave. The weather ended up being a... Read More record cold day and we had to make the last minute decision to move the ceremony inside, but Lori and Janet Ann (Janet Ann's Designs) adjusted quickly and the barn was absolutely breathtaking for both our ceremony & reception. The venue has an onsite kitchen and food from the required vendor, LaSalle Grill, is magnificent. Our guests would not stop raving about the quality of the food, the beauty of the venue and the magic of the night. We cannot say enough good things about our experience and about how perfect the day was and much of that was due to Lori's planning, grace & expertise. Thank you Lori & Dave for making our wedding day better than we ever could have imagined!

Reviewed on 1/26/2016 Jordan W

Loved it!

Reviewed on 11/30/2015 Courtney B

My wedding was a little over 2 months ago, and I still think about how beautiful it was. The Homestead was such a perfect place for what i had in mind. When I walked into the barn for the first time to see all my thoughts and ideas for how I wanted it, it was simply... Read More breathtaking. It was perfect. the ceremony space was absolutely beautiful and the new walk way just adds to it. I didnt decorate much because i honestly thought it didnt need it. The corn crib had our trail mix bar, smores and photobooth and was perfect! The fire pit offered some moments for our guests to make smores and visit with each other. And lori and her husband were perfect hosts and made sure everything ran smoothly! I keep getting compliments on how beaut it was and how perfect our venue was. I would honestly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a country/rustic venue!

Amazing

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Lora P

Everything about the Homestead 1835 is perfect if you're looking for a barn setting. We had both the ceremony and reception on site. The ceremony site is beautiful and creates the perfect atmosphere. The main barn area is everything we wanted: rustic wooden walls, wagon wheel... Read More chandeliers, large windows, and plenty of space. There's also a fire pit on site which adds a fun twist to the wedding, we had a s'mores bar and it was a big hit. As lovely as the venue is the people are just as great. Lori, the owner, was with us every step of the way. She is beyond helpful. Lori made the entire process much easier on us. I would definitely recommend this venue. It is all around amazing.

Reviewed on 7/25/2015

This venue made my wedding a dream come true! I had always pictured having a country style wedding with my cowboy boots and all and I can not express how thankful I am to Lori and Dave for making our day one that I will cherish for a lifetime! Thank you so much for being there... Read More for me through it all! I was planning my wedding from New York State and from the first time I came to the Homestead to the time when the wedding reception died down, Lori was there for me through it all. She made the planning process so easy with her vendor list. This is where I found ALL of my wedding vendors & I wouldn't have it any other way. The best part was, they had already worked with Lori and her team before which made everything a piece of cake on the day of! Lori and Dave helped us set up the day before, gave great advice and made sure our day was stress free. Lori & Dave, Thank you so much for your amazing support! I wish you the best with your future weddings. Mine was everything I dreamed of...Thank you for bringing it to life! xoxo Married: July 18, 2015