The Hometown Chef Catering Co.

Greater Houston Area and surrounding suburbs

5-Star Quality Full Service Catering & Bartending

We value flexibility. Our hand-crafted menus are inspired by nature's colors, flavors and textures. The aroma of herbs and spices mixed with perfection to create edible art. Our creations align with each client’s vision for their event. We are happy to accommodate client’s specific desires or dietary restrictions. We will ensure that you and your guests enjoy an unexpectedly exquisite dining experience on your wedding day. We will craft a custom menu that reflects your vision, and is as artful as it is exquisitely tasteful! From a 5-course elegant meal for 20, to a 300- person backyard BBQ, we will provide the secret ingredient for your celebration–extraordinary food and excellent service. Our Chef and our skilled service staff and bartenders will ensure guests’ palates are pleased!

Cuisine

African, Cajun, Hawaiian, Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, Chinese, Eastern European, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, Mexican, Middle Eastern, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty, Thai

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Greater Houston Area and surrounding suburbs (832) 304-1433auyfcbefvrafaxtfuutwwtrufxwrzdburayxxw

Reviewed on 4/24/2018 Marcela S

OMG I can't say enough about my experience with HTC. Not only was the food wonderful, the service was great as well. Easy to contact, friendly staff, it was all wonderful! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 4/23/2018 Adelicia M

100% recommend Hometown Chef! My mom and I went to their tasting and were immediately blown away by not only their food but their passion for the business. Even though we had a small wedding of ~50 people, they helped us create a custom menu and Tiffany was super responsive to... Read More my numerous questions and emails. I didn't have a planner at all for my wedding, but Tiffany called the week before going over every detail from setup to the food. The crew that arrived on the day of were great and everything went perfect. Obviously food was delicious -- our guests loved the chimichurri shrimp and mac & cheese! Thanks again!!

Reviewed on 3/12/2018 Kelcie A

Home Town Chef was absolutely incredible to work with. Not only were they so kind and professional, but they went WAY above and beyond their hired services to make everything for the wedding went smoothly. We are SO appreciate of vendors like them who make certain that their... Read More clients are happy and that the day is amazing for everyone. I cannot say enough great things about them. You will be SO glad you hired them! Warmly, Kelcie Anton

Reviewed on 3/06/2018 Amanda V

AMAZING! The Hometown Chef Catering Co. were so organized and supportive of our special requests! My husband’s family is from Puerto Rico, so we wanted authentic PR food. It was an absolute success! My guests are still talking about the food! I can’t thank Tiffany and Julio... Read More enough for making our wedding such a day to remember. We love y’all!

2018-03-15T15:54:08 Response from the vendor

Sweet Amanda. We were so honored to be a part of you and Anton's big day! It makes my heart burst reading your amazing review. Thank you for taking the time to do so. It is so valuable to our potential couples when they see... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/06/2018 Alissa B

Tiffany and Chef Julio are awesome! We wanted a custom menu for our wedding and they were more than accommodating to create exactly what we wanted our guests to experience. Their creativity and quality of food is out of this world. Thank you so much for making our day so... Read More special!

2018-02-16T12:29:00 Response from the vendor

Alissa, your glowing review means the world to us. We LOVED you, your husband, your menu, your ideas and making your day so special was the highlight of it all! We wish you both a lifetime of love and happiness.

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Katie L

I can't say enough good things about Hometown Chef! As a vegetarian, I wanted wedding food that supported my lifestyle but that everyone would think was delicious and they totally delivered! Many of my relatives were initially skeptical of vegetarian wedding food but I heard... Read More from so many guests that it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. I'm so grateful for Hometown Chef for being so accommodating and friendly. I would highly recommend them for your next event!

2017-11-20T13:19:43 Response from the vendor

Katie, we absolutely loved working with you and your mother to create the day you envisioned and making it perfect. Offering menus that honor dietary restrictions is one of the many things we pride ourselves on. We appreciate your kind words and we wish you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Aram G

Hometown Chef didn't live up to expectations and disappointed us greatly on the day off. We paid for a seated dinner service with 3 different entree choices for our guests: steak, chicken, and vegetarian. Our dinner service was assigned seating and each guest had already... Read More selected a meal on their RSVP. I've broken down the main issues below. COMMUNICATION: This was the most longstanding issue we had with Hometown Chef that really shook my confidence that they could handle my wedding. A few weeks prior to the event, I emailed HC to discuss what would help them the most on the escort cards to show what entree each guest had selected. To my surprise, they informed me that it only mattered who picked vegetarian since meat eaters would be receiving both chicken and steak. Never at either of our tastings had they discussed that this was their intention. From the beginning, we had made it very clear that we would be offering 3 entrees. (Some of our guests are Hindi, can't have red meat etc.) Instead of fixing the issue, Tiffany called me to try and convince me that it was "very hard work" for them and me as the bride to handle 3 entrees. This is NOT what a bride wants to hear her caterer say just weeks out from the wedding. On our call, she informed me of other decisions, like how she wanted to pre-plate the salads on the table and not have it as the first course. When asked when we would have had this conversation if I hadn't emailed first, Tiffany said they call brides one week out. No one informed me of this either, so I'm not sure I believe it, and secondly, who wants to make big catering decisions a week out from their wedding? The last comment that really threw me came 3 days before my wedding from my planner that HC wanted to change their mind about bread baskets and instead plate bread on each plate. I'm celiac and severely allergic, as our some of our guests. We had had the discussion many times on how important it was to keep bread secluded in the basket for cross-contamination purposes. If we hadn't caught that, my guests and I could have spent my wedding day in the hospital. FOOD QUALITY: The food we received at our wedding was extremely disappointing and NOT what we received at our tastings. You might have good food at the tastings, but you won't see it again. For our sides, we selected green beans almandine and herb roasted potatoes. We were served canned split green beans and boiled potatoes with hardly any herb coating at our reception. The beans were clearly canned as they were French style cut and mushy, while they were whole beans and crunchier at both our tastings. The potatoes were boiled & had zero crunchy coating and were two fork pushes away from being mashed potatoes with zero flavor. The steak and chicken were reheated with the chicken extremely rubbery and the steak an off-color. We paid over $65 a person and to receive such piss-poor quality on our wedding was not just disappointing, but frankly, insulting. Our guests even commented on the state of the food, which was very embarrassing. Overall, I would NOT recommend this caterer to brides that want quality food at their reception, especially brides that want seated dinners. It seems like it is too much hard work for HC to complete in an appropriate and consistent manner for a wedding.

2017-10-26T15:41:21 Response from the vendor

Aram and Alexandra, your review of our food and service has left us in shock and disappointment. We truly worked so hard to make this day perfect for you. From giving you an additional tasting for you and your family at no charge when you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Allison M

I absolutely loved my experience with the Hometown Chef Catering company. The owners and other staff members were very helpful. I did not have a planner and they did a great job making sure food was served and cake was cut. They worked closely with my DJ to ensure all meal... Read More events of the evening happened flawlessly. Their food is also delicious! It was fresh and warm and my guests loved it!

2017-10-17T13:49:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this amazing review! We appreciate you taking the time to do so since it is so valuable to us. And the fact that we made your BIG DAY go so seamelessly is "icing on the cake!" Many blessings to you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Olivia F

We used The Hometown Chef Catering for our wedding catering and bartending. Their food is good (we received many compliments from our guests) and the prices are reasonable. Stacy and Tiffany were very responsive and patient with all of my questions throughout the planning... Read More process. I am rating them a 4 because of issues we had with the bartending. The bartenders were 20 minutes late - This caused an backlog at the bar and our guests had to wait a long time after the beginning of our cocktail hour to be initially served. Further, the bar staff was not well-informed about our alcohol inventory. For example, some of our guests were told that certain types of beer were unavailable, though there were several cases in the venue's walk-in cooler (We provided our own alcohol and had multiple cases of each type of beer leftover).

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Kathy O

YES! YES! YES! We used The Hometown Chef for our wedding and we could not have been more pleased. Their food is wonderful (we received multiple compliments on our meal from guests), the service is exceptional, and the prices are very reasonable. They have a very large menu with... Read More every variety you could think of -- from casual dining to very upscale, also meaning they can fit a variety of budgets. We chose to do the Italian buffet and were very pleased! All of the staff was helpful in answering questions and very on top of everything. They were on time, professional, and friendly.

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Ana G

Omg! The food was amazing at our wedding! We looooved the bbq with the brisket, sausage, and chicken options as well as the potato salad and we also had the late night tacos. All of our guests still talk about how amazing the food was at our reception!

2017-07-05T12:19:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your amazing review!! We really appreciate you sharing and we truly loved being a part of your special day. We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness. All our best, The Hometown Chef Catering Co.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Chuck R

I used The Hometown Chef for an event of about 50+ people over the weekend, and I couldn't be happier with them!! The food was amazing and we received numerous compliments on the taste, presentation and creativity of the items served (you HAVE to try their Cowboy Meatball)!!... Read More They were on-time, professional and seamless in their prep and execution. HIGHLY recommended!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Megan S

Hometown is not only reasonably priced but their food and service is outstanding! They are easy to get in contact with and they were so patient in answering all of our questions in the months leading up to the wedding in order to make sure everything was coordinated. My only... Read More complaint is that we ran out of the upgraded beer options very quickly and I didn't get the beer I wanted (and specifically upgraded for) at my own wedding. Everything else went very smoothly and Tiffany is a joy to do business with. I recommend the roast beef and the chicken! Delicious!

2017-07-05T12:27:37 Response from the vendor

We appreciate your kind words and are so excited you have amazing memories of your special day. It is always our goal to make the process seamless from start to finish. Wishing you a life of love and happiness, The Hometown Chef Catering Co.

Reviewed on 3/04/2017 Allison D

We used Hometown Chef for our wedding after they catered my sister-in-laws wedding. The staff is great and food is very good. It is not your typical all taste the same catered food. Very pleased with there service and would highly recommend them to anyone!

2017-07-05T12:30:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking to the time to review us and we are so ecstatic that you experienced great service and food. It is truly our passion to make our clients day an amazing one. Wishing you a lifetime of true love and happiness, The... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Sarah P

Hometown Chef was great! My guests loved the food. Some even went back for seconds. The people at Hometown Chef were responsive to all my emails, questions and concerns. They even made special plates for my vegan friends, and gluten-free friends at no extra charge. The tables... Read More were bussed quickly so there wasn't empty plates laying around. I'm a big believer in companies putting their people first, and Hometown Chef does just that for a very fair price. I highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Lacey H

We loved Hometown. They really deliver for brides on a budget. The staff was efficient and professional on the day of and handled everything very well. Even when our guests couldn't follow instructions and overloaded the line for the buffet. We had some issues with accounting... Read More and getting a correct bill when our final headcount went up but Tiffany was on it and always made sure it got handled. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to cater an event.

2017-01-23T12:25:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words and compliments! We strive to provide stellar food and service for all of our clients! Thank you for choosing us to be a part of your wedding bliss!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 ALLIE Z

My food was incredible and the service was great. The only reason for 4 stars is that I did hear from a couple people that their food was not warm, but still insanely delicious. One person told me they could have bathed in the potatoes and that the chicken cut like butter! (I... Read More would have to agree)! The service was great and everyone was very professional! I would recommed!

2017-01-23T12:27:06 Response from the vendor

Thanks a million for your valuable input and amazing compliments. Our clients deserve the best and that is what we always aim for. Wishing you a lifetime of love, Tiffany

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Meredith H

The food was pretty good. Who doesn't love bbq? If I had one complaint, it would be about the lack of communication. There were several staffing changes while I was trying to set up our contract. I was so worried that they wouldn't be able to actually do it that I looked for... Read More other caterers. Overall, the guests were pleased with the food. The warm cole slaw didn't go over too well. I'm not sure why anybody would actually want their cole slaw to be warm. The S'mores Bar was a HUGE hit! The Hometown Chef fit into our budget, so I would recommend them to a bride on a budget, but if you can afford someone else, I'd go for it.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Nancy M

We used Hometown Chef Catering Co. for our daughter's wedding in September. The food and service were outstanding. They go above to make sure every thing is perfect.

2016-10-18T08:54:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review and we are so happy you had outstanding food and service. We are passionate about making the day perfect for our couples. Wishing you love, happiness and lots of laughs, Tiffany Avila

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Jerrika K

My personal experience working with The Hometown Chef has been great! They are such a wonderful company to work with, they make you feel like a part of the family. They provided such amazing service during my wedding! I did not have to lift one finger, everything was taken... Read More care. All of the food down to the salad dressing was wonderful! I will be using them again for future events!

2016-10-18T08:53:29 Response from the vendor

We are blown away by your amazing review! We love what we do and the fact that you chose us to be a part of your special day makes us so very happy. Wishing you a lifetime of pure love!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Dani M

The food and the service were phenomenal for my daughter's wedding reception. I was surprised (and so were our guests) at how quickly everyone received their food. We had over 300 attending. The Bartenders and Waiters were professional and personable. There was enough food... Read More and drink for everyone. Jennifer & Tiffany were so easy to work with throughout the entire process. We would highly recommend them for any event. Even the clean up crew staff were polite and helpful. Thank you for making Dani & Chance's Wedding Reception so memorable.

2016-10-18T08:50:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words and amazing review! It was an absolute pleasure working with you all as well! Many wishes for a life of love and happiness! Tiffany Avila

Reviewed on 5/09/2016 Nikki H

The Hometown chef was first class and most certainly 5 stars! I got so many compliments on how incredible our wedding food was. They met every request of mine and made everything over-the-top and elegant!

Reviewed on 3/07/2016 Kristi W

The Hometown Chef Catering Co. really went above and beyond for our catering needs. From the moment I first spoke to them to the day of our wedding, I was happy with our decision to go with this company. Our alcohol caterer didn't even say anything to me, but Tiffany walked... Read More right up to talk to me, say hello, and make sure I didn't have anything on my dress. She also made sure we were taken care of in line and got us food. She checked on us throughout the night (and not in an annoying way). The food was great and the price was excellent. I highly recommend them and will use them again for any caterer events.

Reviewed on 1/12/2016 Heather H

HTC offers great, communicative service and great food. I highly recommend them for weddings! I selected their buffet option, and guests commented that the food was delicious and still hot. We were very impressed with their service before, during, and after the event. The... Read More owner is very hands-on and truly cares about the bride's (couple's) experience.

Outstanding

Reviewed on 12/03/2015 Michelle B

The food was delicious and the s'mores bar was a hit! The staff was very attentive throughout the night.

Tiffany Avila

Like an exquisite meal made up of dishes that are a little spicy, a little sweet, a little savory, and always exceptional, our team was hand picked for each of their unique attributes. Together, our forward-thinking, creative bunch crafts customized food experiences that are flawlessly executed from beginning to end and ensure an amazing event for every client. Call me today to craft an event that is as unique and individual as you, from a savory start to a sweet finish!