Custom Designer Cake Boutique

The Icing & The Cake designers strive to provide you with the perfect centerpiece for your special occasion. We offer a comprehensive and creative design process to provide you the cake of your dreams. Contact us or visit our boutique located in Mooresville, NC to book your free consultation and tasting.

$$$ โ€“ Moderate

Dietary Options

Gluten Free

Cake Stands, Cake Cutting + Serving, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

105 Singleton Rd., Mooresville, NC Mooresville, NC/Charlotte, NC and Surrounding Areas (704) 663-0399

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Jill B

My wife is an experienced baker, and would have baked our cake on her own, if only she had the time. In the months leading up to our wedding, we met with a dozen bakers. We had been told several times that our design could only be created in fondant. That is, until we met... Read More Brandy. She was able to flawlessly execute our design in buttercream, and FAR exceeded our expectations. She is professional, friendly, and incredibly skilled. Working from a basic sketch we provided, Brandy created EXACTLY what we envisioned. But perhaps more importantly, our guests were lining up to take home leftover slices. It was THAT good. Thanks again, Brandy, for all that you've done.

2017-09-16T10:24:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for the amazing review! I had a blast working with you both and loved your cake design! Themed wedding cakes are so much fun :). Thank you again for choosing me to create your dream wedding cake!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Nancy C

The owner Brandi was absolutely great to work with! I live in NJ and was having my wedding at the Champagne Manor in Monroe, NC and had to plan all the details by phone and email. Our wedding cake was as delicious as it was beautiful looking. We had a two tier cake draped in... Read More flowers with scrollwork throughout. One layer was raspberry champagne and another key lime which was perfect for our summer outdoor wedding. Brandi was very patient and accommodating and I was thrilled with the results of her work. You won't be disappointed!

2017-09-14T16:04:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the amazing review! Your cake was absolutely beautiful and I appreciate you letting me be creative ๐Ÿ˜Š and be a part of your special day! Congratulations and Best Wishes!

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Addam W

We had a beautiful, simple, and relaxed atmosphere, but when it came time to say our vows, then eat-and-be-marry it quickly became an emotional wedding, even the cake was in tiers!!! One cannot speak highly enough to the level of quality and service delivered by The Icing & The... Read More Cake. Brandy and her assitant, Margaret are professional, friendly, and talented. MAKE IT A POINT to stop by the shop if you are in Mooresville, NC. The cliche a picture is worth a thousand words doesn't quite cut it when showing someone who has not seen one of Brandy's cakes a mere photograph. I'm not speaking of mass production shelf goods; I'm referencing Brandy's ability to use a stranger's ideas to create for them a custom baked good that is both visually astounding and delicious. Margaret safely delivered and set up my wedding cake when it was 90+ degrees outside and made sure everything was 100% perfect prior to leaving. My cake is a fantastic memory in and of itself. I have never paid for goods/services in which when the transaction was complete, I wanted to pay more, until now. I am in awe with the level of genuinely kind service I received while the product exceeded my every expectation. I find myself looking for opportunities requiring baked goods...so I may do business with The Icing and the Cake again.

2017-07-23T16:53:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I absolutely LOVED creating your cake!!! We really appreciate the amazing review and strive to create beautiful, great tasting cakes. Your kind words mean the world to us. Thank you!

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Sarah C

This is the only bakery we thought of when it was time to plan our wedding! We went to the tasting session and it was professional and the cakes were amazing, hands down the best cake I have ever had! (I'm not really a cake person to begin with!) We ended up going with a... Read More raspberry champagne cake and it was amazing. We explained what we were looking for and the cake and cupcakes were perfect, exactly what we wanted!! I Would defiantly recommend ordering from The Icing and The Cake, we even had them deliver the cake to our venue in Salisbury! We will be coming here for all of our celebrations in the future!

2017-12-07T15:39:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! Your display for the cake and cupcakes were absolutely beautiful! Thank you for having me be a part of your special day!

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Sasha C

Brandy was by far my favorite baker that I interviewed and did a tasting with. Not only were her cakes AMAZING but she had unique flavors, was an amazing artist, and totally captured the vision I had for my wedding cake. She was so relaxed and down to earth and I absolutely... Read More loved working with her! Highly recommend her and her raspberry champagne flavored cake!

2017-11-29T10:51:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you soooo much for the amazing review!!! I really enjoyed working with you and designing your dream wedding cake. It is definitely one of my favorites!!! Thank you!

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Beth O

Brandy did an amazing job with our wedding cake! She took time to listen to our ideas and created a beautiful cake that exceeded our hopes. It was so beautiful and our guests loved the taste. Working with her was incredibly smooth and easy. I would highly recommend her and will... Read More use her next time we have a celebration.

2017-11-19T12:16:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! Your cake was beautiful! Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day :)

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Lacy M

Can't say enough about Brandy! Amazing to work with and our cakes turned out great! They were exactly how I hoped they would be! We will definitely be using her again in the future!

2017-11-09T10:51:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much! Your Wedding Cake was beautiful and the Grooms Cake was a lot of fun! Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day. :)

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Lauren B

Brandiโ€™s creativity with baking is amazing! When we first went to meet with her we really didnโ€™t have any idea of what we liked. She gave us a lot of great ideas and showed us examples so that we could narrow down what we wanted. The cake was more amazing and beautiful than I... Read More could have ever imagined it to be!! It was sooo yummy and was a big hit at our wedding! Thank you Brandi for your amazing work!

2017-11-01T06:56:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! I really enjoyed working with you designing the cake of your dreams! Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day! Congratulations!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Emily C

We had a different kind of request for Brandy...we wanted a white dragon cake for our wedding. She went beyond our expectations...the cake was beautiful and absolutely delicious. (I highly recommend the raspberry champagne flavor) Our guests are still talking about the cake!... Read More Thank you so much for making our day that much more special, you made my dragon cake dream come true!

2017-10-28T10:59:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you sooooo much! Your theme was super fun and I love getting the chance to create something unique. I am so happy that you loved it!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Eryn L

Brandy was wonderful to work with. The cake turned out exactly as I had hoped, and it was absolutely delicious! We had multiple guests tell us that it was the best wedding cake they had ever tasted. I cannot recommend Brandy and The Icing & the Cake enough!

2017-10-15T10:37:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and letting me create the wedding cake of your dreams for your special day! I absolutely love your cake design! It is one of the most elegant deigns that went perfect with your venue. I am so... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Anna D

Beautiful cake design, excellent service, delicious creation & rave reviews from our guests! Brandy was easy to work with, very helpful and delivered exactly what we were looking for. She was on time (possibly even early), quick to set up our beautiful cake and even let us rent... Read More an awesome cake stand that matched our theme perfectly. Her cakes are a great value for this area and honestly, she could be charging more and it would still be a great deal. If you're looking for a well-rounded business to purchase a wedding cake from, you should consider Icing and the Cake. From the trial tasting to the customer service and delivery and (very important) the actual flavor and design of your wedding cake -- you really can't go wrong with Brandy and Icing and the Cake. Support local and you won't be disappointed! She listens to what you envision and makes smart suggestions based on her experience. We got a three-tier cake, buttercream icing. Two tiers were vanilla cake with raspberry filling and the base tier was raspberry champagne cake -- highly recommend -- very flavorful and made without that fake sweet taste. Thank you Brandy!

2017-10-15T10:33:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for the amazing review and letting me be a part of your special day! Your cake design is one of my favorites and adding the "rustic" decor truly made it a one of a kind. It was perfect for your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Sindy H

Brandy was highly recommended by 2 friends so I did not hesitate to call The Icing & The Cake. She was fabulous to work with from start to finish. She made us feel so special at our cake tasting, and was fun to work with designing the perfect cake for our theme. We had a... Read More custom made cake topper that was fragile, Brandy mounted it very securely on the cake. When I called her 2 weeks before the wedding to say we had more guests than we originally planned for, she said no problem, here's what we can do! Our cake was delivered and displayed beautifully, it was a focal point at our reception and everyone raved about how beautiful it was and how delicious! We could not have been happier!

2017-10-09T08:28:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and thank you for letting me a part of your special day! I absolutely loved your specialty made cake topper and the story behind it. I can't wait to hear more! Thank you again and Best Wishes!!!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Gayathri K

I ordered my baby boy's 1st Birthday cake here. I just showed a sample from Google photos. Brandy is very talented. She made the cake to every detail. Everyone in the party appreciated and commented as the cake design is very unique. Cake tasted awesome, the butter icing is very... Read More good. I wish I could attach a photo of the cake from the party but I didn't see any option over here. Overall one of the best choice for party cake.

2017-09-06T16:59:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much! I really enjoyed creating your son's 1st birthday cake! It was a pleasure and I can't wait to create another one for you!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Chrissy L

The Icing & The Cake's Brandy did an amazing job with our wedding cake. Not only did it look beautiful and exactly what we were wanting it also tasted amazing. We were beyond happy with everything she did for us. I highly recommend her for your wedding cake!!

2017-07-31T21:28:31 Response from the vendor

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much! I do not always hear feedback on the cakes I create and really appreciate you taking the time to leave this wonderful review! Thank you for letting us create your wedding cake and be a part of your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Ingra S

All I can say is WOW!!! Brandy is AMAZING! From the tasting all the way to the wedding she was a gem to work with! I designed my cake and she executed my vision PERFECTLY!! I could not be happier! Not only was my cake GORGEOUS it was THE freshest best tasting wedding cake I've... Read More EVER HAD!! Use Brandy and people will be talking about your wedding cake for years to come!

2017-05-10T05:11:40 Response from the vendor

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much! :) Your cake design was amazing and I truly thank you for letting me create the cake of your dreams!

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Brandy S

Excellent service, delicious and unique cakes!

Meet The President

Brandy Stimac-Spalding

The owner of The Icing & The Cake, since February 2016, Brandy Stimac-Spalding, has over 15 years of experience baking and decorating cakes. I am dedicated to creating beautiful, carefully constructed, fresh baked custom cakes. Having the opportunity to be a part of someone's special day or occasion, creating the cake of their dreams, is so rewarding and the feeling is unexplainable when you see their faces light up! I absolutely LOVE what I do and hope to share the passion with my clients.