The Inn at Longshore by OnTheMarc

Westport, CT

Book Your Wedding with The Inn at Longshore by OnTheMarc

A BALLROOM IN WESTPORT, CT

The Great Lawn. This outdoor space is idyllic for couples who enjoy an alfresco experience. It displays a tree-lined entrance and a lush expanse of green space offering gorgeous views of the water. The Great Lawn accommodates a more sizeable guest list, seating up to 500 people.

The Grand Ballroom. The Grand Ballroom provides stunning views of Long Island Sound with its floor-to-ceiling windows. The space comfortably seats 275 guests and is ideal for indoor ceremonies and receptions. The Grand Ballroom also has a dance floor for after-dinner festivities and dancing.

The Inn at Longshore hosts only one wedding at a time to ensure that you get full and complete attention from management and staff. The onsite professional planners at The Inn at Longshore help take the stress out of your wedding day with their experience and attention to detail.

Traditional dishes are given a modern spin by OnTheMarc Events. Seasonal and contemporary menus combined with impeccable service make for an unforgettable dining experience. Dining packages include hors d’oeuvres, chef’s signature dinner, desserts and coffee and tea. The beverage package can be open bar or top shelf open bar. Menus can also be customized for a more personal touch.

Couples can have their ceremony and reception at The Inn at Longshore. Outdoor areas are uncovered so The Inn at Longshore offers indoor spaces as backup options. The venue works with a preferred list of vendors. On-site accommodations at The Inn can be arranged for guests.

Couples who wish to treat themselves, the wedding party, their family or guests to an extra-special experience can choose from a number of perks:

• Stunning bridal suite
  • Coat check attendant and restroom attendant for a fee
  • Alternative meals for guests with dietary restrictions
  • Add-on cocktail stations such as a sushi bar, mac and cheese bar, ceviche station, Asian noodle bar and more
  • Add-on dessert stations like a crepe bar, doughnut bar, ice cream bar, waffle sundae bar and other delicious treats
  • A visit to the Longshore Club Park, which is open to the public and has outdoor pools and amenities for outdoor activities including tennis, paddle tennis, sailing and ice-skating during winter months
  • A visit to the Longshore Pavilion, where you can go sailing and paddle boarding or play a game of mini golf and other lawn games
  • A short distance from local attractions such as the Maritime Aquarium, Stepping Stones Museum, Sherwood Island State Park, The Nature Discovery Center and South Norwalk’s shops, restaurants and nightlife

...enjoy the beauty of each and every season...

The Inn at Longshore by OnTheMarc is located in Westport on Connecticut’s idyllic Gold Coast. The sole waterfront event space in Westport, Connecticut only one hour outside of New York City. The Inn faces the Long Island Sound and offers incredible views of the picturesque Connecticut shoreline.

Commitment Ceremony, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Estate, Historic Venue

Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

Bow2007

260 Compo Road South, Westport, CT (203) 226-3316
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Jennifer K

My husband and I were married at the Inn at Longshore on July 29th, 2017. All in all, it was an AMAZING experience from start to end. Beginning with our tour and meeting with Christine, we were provided great information, a walk around the property, and lots of answers to... Read More questions that we had. We pretty much decided right then and there that the Longshore would be it, even after visiting 7 other wedding venues in Connecticut. It captures the quaint, beautiful coastline of Connecticut with the professionalism, elegance, catering, and accommodations we were seeking. Laine, our wedding coordinator, was so helpful and friendly from day 1. She took us through the process of planning a large event, which can be overwhelming. She answered all of our questions with timeliness and clear information. She has such an easy personality... it is calming during an anxiety-ridden process! She told us from the get-go that she would be out for a few months during her maternity leave, but we were not worried because she made sure to take care of everything for us before she left. We were in touch during her absence and when she came back it was seamless. While she was out, we were lucky to be able to get to know Adrienne, and found she was equally as helpful and accommodating. On the day of, the bridesmaids and I got ready in the Drawing Room before moving to our rooms upstairs. The front desk service was SO accommodating and helpful- carrying our bags upstairs, making sure we had everything we needed..they made us feel so special. When the wrong transportation arrived for me and my family, the owner of the Longshore offered to drive some of my family members over to the church. The rooms are clean, quaint ,and beautiful. The brunch the morning after was just perfect for us and our guests. The cocktail hour and reception were not only so much fun, but beautifully executed by the staff at the Longshore. The food was INCREDIBLE and our guests could not stop complimenting it. Eddie, Nicole, and Laina, as well as the rest of the Longshore staff, made sure we always had what we needed- whether it was a drink in our hand or extra appetizers in the back as we were getting ready for our entrance. Laina even helped me bustle my dress when we couldn't figure it out! At the end of the night, they gathered all of our items, the cake topper, envelopes from guests, and anything left behind and had it waiting for us at reception. I knew that I didn't need to worry about a single thing and that we were truly being taken care of. We could not recommend the Inn at Longshore more to engaged couples looking for a flawless experience. This was the longest review I have ever written, but I felt that you can't capture how grateful we are for the experience in only a few sentences. It was the best day ever and we give much of the credit to the staff at Longshore for their impeccable service coupled with the beauty of this venue.

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Elissa S

I can't say enough about how amazing our wedding day was. Adrienne was absolutely wonderful every step of the way. She was clear in her communication and was always there when we needed something (which ended up being pretty frequently!) Our wedding day went without a hitch and... Read More I can only thank her and her staff for being one step ahead of us the entire day. From the moment we started hair and makeup there was someone by my side making sure we were happy and getting anything we might have needed. Even there to hand my husband and I a glass of champagne when we walked back down the aisle after getting married, they knew what we needed the whole time! I would recommend this venue and team of amazing staff to anyone in the area who is looking for an amazing wedding venue on the water!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Gwen R

Our daughter had the wedding of her dreams at the Inn at Longshore this past Saturday night. Christine did a great job explaining how our special day would play out, and it really was perfect! Our wedding planner, Adrienne was incredible and helped us with every detail, start to... Read More finish. Eddie, the banquet manager seamlessly guided us through the evening as well. The staff from the front desk to the servers were just wonderful. The venue is gorgeous, the food incredible, and we could not have asked for more. My husband and I would highly recommend this venue.

2017-06-27T10:46:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We always love to live up to our guest's expectations and create fabulous memories for the friends and families!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Arianna P

There are not enough good words that I can say about the Inn at Longshore. I looked at two other venues before Longshore, but they did not compare to what Longshore offered. The venue is not only beautiful, but the location is prime. On our wedding day the weather was beautiful,... Read More so we were able to have the ceremony and cocktail hour outside. Everyone raved about the food, especially the cocktail hour. Laina and her team were a pleasure to work with. Everytime I thought of a question, which was often, I would email her and she would respond in a timely manner. Everyone we came in contact with was so professional and helpful. We could not have picture getting married anywhere else. Thank you for making such a stressful process so much easier!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 J S

We got married at the Inn at Longshore in July. From start to finish they we absolutely AMAZING. They were very attentive to detail and didn't leave any questions unanswered. Laina was great to work with and kept us so calm and constantly reassured us during our wedding... Read More planning. We received so many complements on the food at the venue from our guests. Everything was delicious. On our big day, everything was PERFECT. It was all just the way we wanted it. We were so happy with the venue and everyone that worked with us at the Inn at Longshore. We would recommend this venue to anyone a hundred times over!

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Lindsy M

Dan and I got married at the Inn at Longshore on Friday August 18, 2017. We truly feel it was the most special day! Our wedding coordinator Laina, our maître d' Eddie, and the entire staff at the Inn provided exceptional service to my husband and I, and our guests. Laina helped... Read More make our special day perfect. Eddie made certain the night ran smoothly for Dan and I as well as our guests, and made sure we had everything we needed throughout the entire evening. We received such wonderful feedback from our guests, many saying that is was the best wedding they had ever experienced! We would get married here again in a heartbeat if we could lol. We strongly recommend booking your wedding here!! The Inn at Longshore goes above and beyond in every category. While we fell in love with the interior of the venue (the New England charm, historic beauty, and architecture), we also absolutely loved the outdoor space and wanted to have our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour outside. Of course, on our wedding day, it poured all day! As an anxious bride, I had given up hope that we would have any of the ceremony or cocktail hour outside. Laina stayed positive throughout the hours leading up to the ceremony, checking in on us to make sure we had everything we needed, and also saying she will make every effort to give us an outdoor ceremony weather permitting. Well, Laina stayed true to her word! 30 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony, the weather cleared! Laina and her staff moved everything from the already set up indoor ceremony outdoors! This included drying every one of the 160 chairs off that were already outside just in case of a break in the weather. Dan and I are forever grateful that Laina and the staff at the Inn at Longshore were so willing to move things at the very last minute, and give us our fairytale outdoor ceremony! Additionally, Laina collaborated well with all of the vendors (hair, makeup, strings, florist, lighting, DJ, photographers, baker), during the setup of the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Dan and I were able to have our beautiful first look pictures taken outside when the weather cleared followed by the perfect ceremony. Due to the weather, the cocktail hour was held inside. Everything flowed beautifully. So bottom line, even if you do not get a perfect weather day at the Inn at Longshore, the staff will still make it the best, most beautiful and perfect day ever for you and your guests. At our cocktail hour, we had an antipasti bar, a surf station (raw bar), and a pizza station. The servers also passed numerous appetizers. We heard rave reviews of the delicious food. We had 160 guests, which fit comfortably in the ballroom. Laina and Eddie frequently checked in with Dan and I to make sure our food was served in a timely way, and that we were happy with the timing of everything. They were flexible, changing the order of events as needed due to other parts of the evening running over or starting late. The personalization and individualized attention that the Inn at Longshore provides to its guests is unmatched. Our vendors also helped make our wedding day perfect. I would highly recommend Vicki and Erik Photographers, Local Motion Entertainment (Bill Mazzucco), The Beauty Bar, Divina Strings, and the Cake Box. I could not be more happy with the combination of all of the above mentioned people. They all worked together to give Dan and I a perfect wedding despite the rainy summer day!

2017-09-02T13:49:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our team. We are a very lucky crew because we all try to work together to create a wonderful and cohesive experience. Laina and Eddie are true gems for sure! They make... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Erin M

Stunning views! We felt pampered by the staff they took care of all our needs and all the wedding guests needs! The staff is so wonderful and it's amazing that there is only one wedding at a time so the focus is all on you! The pizza bar and raw bar on the water were a huge... Read More hit!

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Jackie N

I loved having my wedding at the Inn at Longshore! Their space is beautiful and afforded us an outdoor/indoor experience on one of the nicest days of the summer. Chef Max put together an amazing brunch menu for us, complete with omelette and pancake stations, bringing our... Read More vision to life! Adrienne, our on-site wedding coordinator, was extremely responsive, kind, and knowledgeable throughout the planning process and she was there for me for the whole wedding day, too. The rest of the staff members at Longshore were also incredibly attentive - it felt like everywhere I went that day there was someone waiting for me to help me maneuver my dress, tell me where to go, or ask if I needed anything. The best features of The Inn at Longshore in my opinion are that the facility is beautiful and clean, the staff is professional, they give complimentary wedding coordination which makes the day run smoothly, and OnTheMarc's menus are innovative and delicious. When I first started wedding planning, I was focused on finding a venue that wouldn't feel cookie-cutter; I wanted something that would be authentic and fresh. The Inn at Longshore delivered the ambience and feel I wanted and made it very personal for me and my husband. I couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017

We hosted my daughter's wedding at the Inn at Longshore this past weekend. Our event planner, Lania Mills, is exceptional in every way and most specifically her over-the-top customer service. Laina was personally involved in every phase of planning and execution of my... Read More daughter’s wedding. I know for a fact that I was extremely needy in terms of questions and probably asked the same question of her multiple times in all of the confusion. Laina is way beyond just professional! She made me and my daughter feel like we were the only two people she was working with in the world and we both had such an amazing amount of comfort and peace during all of the stress of the details and the planning. Laina stayed at the venue and checked in with me multiple times on the night of the actual event and her exceptional care and customer service were noted by many of the family and friends present for the event. I will highly recommend the Inn at Longshore to others as a most amazing venue for such a special occasion. Thank you all, especially Laina.  Connie

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Lauren O

Chris & I got married at the Inn on 5/6/17. We haven't written our review before today simply bc the idea of expressing how incredibly happy we were is overwhelming! We couldn't have asked for anything more. The degree of hospitality we received was so far above & beyond what we... Read More hoped for. From the day we took our 1st steps inside the gorgeous venue & met w/ Christine to discuss having our event there, we knew there really were no other options. Christine is above all else professional, but seriously, she's hilarious. She made us laugh during our entire meeting, all while confirming our hopes that that we had found the place we'd be married. We hadn't even met Adrienne yet! Our event was assigned to Adrienne & we couldn't have been happier! Throughout the entire process, in our case a short 6 months of planning, she couldnt have been more amazing. She is truly great at what she does, & is so organized, professional, & really just lovely. She was attentive & responsive whenever I needed her, even if it was just to bounce ideas off of. Adrienne saved the day more times than I count- when my hair/makeup fell thru 2 weeks before the wedding, she replied to my SOS email after hours & on her day off. She had the perfect solution &within days I was back in business. When it came time to drop off our items, she took the time to understand what I had in mind & the vision I had for all aspects of the big day. Anywhere I came up short, or time ran out & I just couldn't finish that last detail, Adrienne had a solution, or way to make it work so that I didn't feel like I had to cut anything or abandon an idea I'd had. I trusted her completely, she has a great eye, & gave her full discretion when it came to finalizing the ceremony, cocktail hour, & reception set ups. Many times at the end I was simply over it, & just said-whatever you think. She even came to the rescue 1 hr before the ceremony when 1 of my girls had a shoe mishap. She pulled a pair of her own nude heels right out of what seemed to be thin air &so generously lent them to her. I couldn't even believe it, talk about a class act! The venue couldn't have been more accommodating. The rooms were turned early, before expected, & my bridal party was able to check right into their room. Takeya had the best energy all day &anticipated our every need while the girls/guys were getting ready. She made us laugh, feel comfortable & had a subtle way of really reminding us how special every moment of the day was, even before the ceremony, & made us feel excited &special all day while we were getting ready. The event itself was nothing short of amazing. Our guests are still raving about it to us any time we see them. The room is beautiful, the property cannot be beat, & the staff is nothing short of amazing. Eddie, our maitre'd was incredible & such a pleasure to have by our sides all night. The food was divine, the guests loved every single thing they ate. Cocktail hour at the Inn of course can't be beat. A woodfired pizza oven, while socializing on the LI Sound? The doughnut bar - a new add on the Inn offered - was a total showstopper, it's one of the first things our guests bring up when we see them. The passed desserts were another hit & something that we have heard so much excitement about. The Inn &staff really care about their clients. They went out of their way at every turn to make sure we had the most incredible day! Book at the Inn at Longshore & I promise you will not be disappointed!

2017-06-27T10:50:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are here to ensure that we fulfill your dreams and expectations and I am so proud to work with the team of people who are here. Adrienne is a true gem and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/03/2017 Monica T

My husband and I just had our wedding last weekend and I am still receiving so many compliments about the reception. The food was amazing and so was the service. Adrienne was such a pleasure to work with and made the process easy, stress free, and fun. My bridesmaids and I got... Read More ready at the Inn and they were more than accommodating, not once was I worried about how anything was going to turn out. I would recommend the Inn a hundred times over!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Mary-Nicole D

There is no place more beautiful than The Inn at Longshore! Between the golf course in the front and the stunning long island sound in the back, it is perfectly situated. We knew we wanted to book there as soon as we did our tour with Christine. She knew what she was talking... Read More about and was very hands on initially. We then worked with an in-house coordinator, Julia Criscione, who was excellent. Julia was accommodating and offered her opinions only when asked or needed. She was truly a joy to work with. She helped us pick the menu, offered vendor opinions, and even was able to get rose and Bud Light (request of the groom) in special just for our wedding. Unfortunately, Julia left her position shortly before our wedding, which made me very nervous before our wedding. However, we again were in excellent hands with our new in-house coordinator, Laina Mills. I loved also working with Laina! She is smart, detail oriented, and truly listens to your vision. She made sure I had all of my dietary restrictions covered for the day as well as our delicious signature cocktail. The day-of went by perfectly. Longshore ran the wedding in the most organized and classy way I've ever seen. The staff truly make the place! Food was amazing! People still rave about the food to me, especially the mac and cheese bar. I can't thank them enough for their kindness and efficiency. What a perfect place to get married! I'd recommend it to anyone looking at a venue in CT.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Rachel M

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Longshore on 8/19/16 and we could not have been happier. It was the perfect day! Laina was our coordinator and was beyond helpful! We dropped everything off beforehand and they set it up and it was stunning! We had food waiting for... Read More us at every turn and someone to help if need be. We still are getting rave reviews on how amazing the food was from our guests! We have been to many weddings this year and we may be biased but OnTheMarc has to be the best we have had! The cocktail hour was magnificent, I could have stayed out there all night! We cannot say enough good things about everything. I really do wish we could do it all again!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Jonel R

One of my best decisions was to have my wedding at The Inn at Longshore. From day 1 going to check it out, Christine was so down to earth and awesome. The venue is breathtaking ESP the outdoors overlooking the water. Laina always pointed me in the right direction and told me... Read More exactly what I need at the right time. The day of my wedding was so relaxing- they offer the bridal suite or the drawing room to get ready in which is very spacious. It was perfect. Laina and the other staff made my wedding look like a dream- they put all my decorations out and made everything look so perfect. Our first look was so beautiful with the sunset outside with the adirondack chairs. So pretty!!! For the reception the staff was so helpful and attentive. We did not have to worry about a thing. Dinner was delicious. We knew the food would be good after our tasting- we were amazed. Everyone st the wedding complimented the food as well. Bar was always running well and no one was waiting for a long time for a drink. Bathrooms are gorgeous. If you want a great wedding- have it at the Inn! It was the best day of my life!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Rosa C

What a beautiful venue! We had our wedding here in September and loved our outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour followed by our indoor reception. The staff at the Inn at Longshore are so attentive and detailed, they made our perfect wedding. OntheMarc did an amazing job! The food... Read More was delicious.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Cassandra C

There are no words that describe what an amazing venue this is for a wedding! Not only was the view breathtaking from the lawn and the ballroom gorgeous but the staff made the day perfect. Laina and her team which included Adiranne, Eddie and Melissa were unbelievably attentive... Read More and took care of me and my groom the whole night. We didn't have to worry about a thing. All of my hard work planning the day came together beautifully thanks to the OnTheMarc team. Every wedding is judged on a few key things and besides the venue and band, the food is extremely important. OnTheMarc did not let down...everyone raved about the moist and flavorful Halibut and the tender and perfectly seasoned filet. The passed desserts were a hit as well especially the smores and chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches. My husband and I were so thrilled to have our wedding at The Inn at Longshore and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an elegant, unforgettable wedding on the coastline of Southern CT.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Lauren B

The Inn at Longshore was an amazing wedding venue. The staff made us feel like royalty catering to us all night. Our guests could not stop raving about the food and the service. My wedding coordinator, Laina, made sure everything was all set and always answered any questions... Read More that I had. We had the best wedding thanks to them!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Danielle A

I cannot say enough about our wedding experience at The Inn at Longshore! Our wedding was on a Friday night, but we along with our bridal party stayed at the Inn from Thursday through Saturday. The staff at the Inn accommodated each and every request that we had with no trouble... Read More at all! The actual wedding itself was executed flawlessly by Laina, Eddie, and Melissa! They ensured we always had food to try and drinks in our hands while we were chatting with our wedding guests. The food itself was AMAZING!! It was such a pleasure to work with the entire Longshore team. Wish i could go back and relive that night!

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Brian G

The Inn at Longshore is PERFECTION! Laina and Eddie are so accomodative and on point. We were always told that the Bride and Groom never eat at weddings and that was certainly not the case. My husband and I were able to enjoy the amazing food too and share special moments... Read More together because they made it possible. They were also attentive to my parents and made sure they always had a drink in their hand. The venue was gorgeous, the food was spectacular (guests went to the kitchen to compliment the chef). On top of that the staff was so friendly and helpful too. When my mother had trouble boustleling my dress in the bathroom, one of the staff members came over without us asking and helped her. She also offered my mother a pair of her own slippers in case her feet hurt. Staying overnight at the Inn was also amazing with the champagne, the room, and the staff helping us pack the cars. Overall, I highly recommend the Inn at Longshore.

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Alexandra M

I could not speak more highly of getting married here. We just had our wedding at the inn 2 weeks ago and I am already wishing I could do it all over again. The venue itself is so beautiful and classic and the service was phenomenal - drinks, food, and anything else we could... Read More have wanted were always within our reach. The food was outstanding. Numerous people have said it was the best wedding they've ever been to- I hope I get invited to a wedding here down the road so I can enjoy it all over again! :) My best to all the staff- they were so helpful both in planning and on the day itself.

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Christine H

August 5th 2016 *Best day of our lives. Our wedding was absolutely breathtaking! Laina, Eddie and all staff involved were an absolute pleasure to work with. Not only was everything set up the way that we had pictured it, but they were right there to assist with anything that we... Read More needed. I especially loved that right after the ceremony, Laina and Eddie were right there before pictures with a tray of lobster rolls to make sure we were being fed too :) The food was also incredible !! If I could rate this higher than 5 stars I would! Thank you all for making this the wedding of our dreams and more.

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Ken B

Our wedding was absolutely beautiful at the Inn. The staff at the Inn took care of everything along the way and were a pleasure to work with. We had the best day - the food was delicious and the views breathtaking for an outdoor wedding!

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Angie R

After my husband and I got engaged, we knew we had to decide between getting married in Los Angeles, where we met, or Westport, CT, where he is from. We decided on a day wedding at the most gorgeous waterfront venue in Connecticut, The Inn at Longshore. The elegance and... Read More timelessness of this venue is unparalleled in the area. If you want to have a night wedding there it will cost you more, but if you want my honest opinion, that venue is meant to be appreciated during the day. The place ended up being perfect for our theme, which was vintage glam/Great Gatsby/art deco, since the venue itself has a lot of history from that era. The author of The Great Gatsby himself, F. Scott Fitzgerald, used to party there when he lived in the area with his wife Zelda. First we dealt with Christine to secure the date and discuss the details of the contract. She was super helpful and made that process very smooth. Once you’ve put down a deposit and secured the date, you deal with the lovely Laina, the Senior Event Coordinator at Longshore and a consummate professional. Throughout our whole wedding planning process (which spanned about nine months) Laina was always available to answer every email/call in a timely manner. She also greeted us for our in-person meetings at the venue with a smile, and on the day of, she took such great care of us. She made sure we ate, had a drink when we wanted one, even told the DJ at one point that the music was a bit too loud when we asked her to. She and our wedding planner, Lindsey Anrico of Amy Champagne Events, have worked together countless times, and it certainly showed on that day. They were a well-oiled machine, but very warm and human, exactly the kind of people you want around you. It's everything you want from a venue, but from what I have read and heard, it’s not the norm. A lot of venues just want a check from you and while it’s true that Longshore does tons of weddings, especially in the summer (there was a wedding the night before ours and that night as well), they execute smoothly and professionally on every front. Now, on to the food. Our guests raved about it, especially the hors d’oeuvres during the cocktail hour, which included mini chicken and waffles, spicy tuna on crispy rice, mini lobster rolls, and more. If you know anything about weddings then you know that the food is always forgettable. Not at our wedding, and we want to thank On the Marc Events (Longshore's catering company) for that. The entrees (we went with the braised beef short ribs, roasted salmon, and vegetarian pasta) were phenomenal. Thankfully, my husband and I made sure to eat so we know firsthand just how tasty the food was! One last note: using the outdoor space for cocktail hour was a big hit! It truly gave our wedding that fabulous Gatsby garden party feel. And our photos came out gorgeous, no doubt thanks to the incomparable scenery that Longshore offered us. I’ll never forget this detail: while we were taking our photos during the cocktail hour, Laina brought us a tray with different hors d’oeuvres for us to savor and some champagne for us to relax a bit. We were on the beach and it was a bit of walk from the actual lawn where the cocktail hour was taking place, but Laina happily walked on over with a warm smile. That proved to us that at Longshore, they care about the details.

Reviewed on 6/03/2016 Kate C

Our May 21, 2016 wedding at Longshore was a dream come true. First, the place: A quaint, historic inn on a breathtaking property on the Long Island sound. It's a classic New England setting with all of the finer details you would expect from a top NYC venue. To a bride raised... Read More in Fairfield County and living in Manhattan, it struck the perfect balance of charm and sophistication. Then, the people: The Longshore team is the definition of professionalism and class, and not one of them misses a beat. From day one, Laina (our coordinator) handled every question and concern with grace and ease. There are a ton of other behind-the-scenes people like Eddie, Christine, and Mary at the front desk, all of whom made my husband and me (not to mention our guests) feel so special and welcome. I feel like I will never have the words to thank them enough. Honorable mentions: - Don't be deterred by a date with two events! There was a bar mitzvah immediately prior to our wedding reception, but I would have NEVER known if they hadn't told me. The space was flawless and everything was ready for us. When it comes to handling multiple events in a day, the people of Longshore are total experts! - The food, oh, the food! On the Marc events did not disappoint. Our guests were raving all night. From the pizza station and the mini lobster rolls to the passed desserts and coffee/cordial bar (not to mention late-night pretzel bar), there was indulgence at every turn. Laina even ensured that John and I had plenty to eat, hand-delivering some hors d'oeuvres before we entered our cocktail hour and flagging us down when dinner was served. Contrary to what people usually say, we were not a hungry couple! - The Pearl was a great spot for an after party next door, and they let us shut down the place. :) - Rain threatened all week, but we ended up just having overcast skies. I was so appreciative to the team for having our cocktail hour outdoors, even though the danger of rain loomed the evening. The photos are priceless! - Magic just happens at Longshore. It's like a whole team of elves are there making things go perfectly and smoothly, down to packing up your cake and props at the end of the night and having them waiting for you in the morning. THANK YOU Longshore for, without a doubt, the best day of our lives. We hope to be back soon!!

Reviewed on 4/26/2016 Marisa D

I keep pinching myself, did this really happen? From the moment we met with Christine we knew that The Inn at Longshore was the place for our daughter's wedding. It was the best experience ever! The prep leading up to the wedding was flawless executed by Laina and Eddie. The... Read More night of the wedding was a perfect 10! Laina and Eddie treated us as family, paying attention to every detail right through the last minute when the final bus left the driveway. We continue to glow in the bask of the beautiful celebration at The Inn. A very special shout out once again to Laina and Eddie for a beautiful wedding day celebration!