The Inn at Longshore by OnTheMarc

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Historic Venue

Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

260 Compo Road South, Westport, CT

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Danielle A

I cannot say enough about our wedding experience at The Inn at Longshore! Our wedding was on a Friday night, but we along with our bridal party stayed at the Inn from Thursday through Saturday. The staff at the Inn accommodated each and every request that we had with no trouble... Read More at all! The actual wedding itself was executed flawlessly by Laina, Eddie, and Melissa! They ensured we always had food to try and drinks in our hands while we were chatting with our wedding guests. The food itself was AMAZING!! It was such a pleasure to work with the entire Longshore team. Wish i could go back and relive that night!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Ken B

Our wedding was absolutely beautiful at the Inn. The staff at the Inn took care of everything along the way and were a pleasure to work with. We had the best day - the food was delicious and the views breathtaking for an outdoor wedding!

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Angie R

After my husband and I got engaged, we knew we had to decide between getting married in Los Angeles, where we met, or Westport, CT, where he is from. We decided on a day wedding at the most gorgeous waterfront venue in Connecticut, The Inn at Longshore. The elegance and... Read More timelessness of this venue is unparalleled in the area. If you want to have a night wedding there it will cost you more, but if you want my honest opinion, that venue is meant to be appreciated during the day. The place ended up being perfect for our theme, which was vintage glam/Great Gatsby/art deco, since the venue itself has a lot of history from that era. The author of The Great Gatsby himself, F. Scott Fitzgerald, used to party there when he lived in the area with his wife Zelda. First we dealt with Christine to secure the date and discuss the details of the contract. She was super helpful and made that process very smooth. Once you’ve put down a deposit and secured the date, you deal with the lovely Laina, the Senior Event Coordinator at Longshore and a consummate professional. Throughout our whole wedding planning process (which spanned about nine months) Laina was always available to answer every email/call in a timely manner. She also greeted us for our in-person meetings at the venue with a smile, and on the day of, she took such great care of us. She made sure we ate, had a drink when we wanted one, even told the DJ at one point that the music was a bit too loud when we asked her to. She and our wedding planner, Lindsey Anrico of Amy Champagne Events, have worked together countless times, and it certainly showed on that day. They were a well-oiled machine, but very warm and human, exactly the kind of people you want around you. It's everything you want from a venue, but from what I have read and heard, it’s not the norm. A lot of venues just want a check from you and while it’s true that Longshore does tons of weddings, especially in the summer (there was a wedding the night before ours and that night as well), they execute smoothly and professionally on every front. Now, on to the food. Our guests raved about it, especially the hors d’oeuvres during the cocktail hour, which included mini chicken and waffles, spicy tuna on crispy rice, mini lobster rolls, and more. If you know anything about weddings then you know that the food is always forgettable. Not at our wedding, and we want to thank On the Marc Events (Longshore's catering company) for that. The entrees (we went with the braised beef short ribs, roasted salmon, and vegetarian pasta) were phenomenal. Thankfully, my husband and I made sure to eat so we know firsthand just how tasty the food was! One last note: using the outdoor space for cocktail hour was a big hit! It truly gave our wedding that fabulous Gatsby garden party feel. And our photos came out gorgeous, no doubt thanks to the incomparable scenery that Longshore offered us. I’ll never forget this detail: while we were taking our photos during the cocktail hour, Laina brought us a tray with different hors d’oeuvres for us to savor and some champagne for us to relax a bit. We were on the beach and it was a bit of walk from the actual lawn where the cocktail hour was taking place, but Laina happily walked on over with a warm smile. That proved to us that at Longshore, they care about the details.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Cassandra C

There are no words that describe what an amazing venue this is for a wedding! Not only was the view breathtaking from the lawn and the ballroom gorgeous but the staff made the day perfect. Laina and her team which included Adiranne, Eddie and Melissa were unbelievably attentive... Read More and took care of me and my groom the whole night. We didn't have to worry about a thing. All of my hard work planning the day came together beautifully thanks to the OnTheMarc team. Every wedding is judged on a few key things and besides the venue and band, the food is extremely important. OnTheMarc did not let down...everyone raved about the moist and flavorful Halibut and the tender and perfectly seasoned filet. The passed desserts were a hit as well especially the smores and chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches. My husband and I were so thrilled to have our wedding at The Inn at Longshore and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an elegant, unforgettable wedding on the coastline of Southern CT.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Lauren B

The Inn at Longshore was an amazing wedding venue. The staff made us feel like royalty catering to us all night. Our guests could not stop raving about the food and the service. My wedding coordinator, Laina, made sure everything was all set and always answered any questions... Read More that I had. We had the best wedding thanks to them!

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Brian G

The Inn at Longshore is PERFECTION! Laina and Eddie are so accomodative and on point. We were always told that the Bride and Groom never eat at weddings and that was certainly not the case. My husband and I were able to enjoy the amazing food too and share special moments... Read More together because they made it possible. They were also attentive to my parents and made sure they always had a drink in their hand. The venue was gorgeous, the food was spectacular (guests went to the kitchen to compliment the chef). On top of that the staff was so friendly and helpful too. When my mother had trouble boustleling my dress in the bathroom, one of the staff members came over without us asking and helped her. She also offered my mother a pair of her own slippers in case her feet hurt. Staying overnight at the Inn was also amazing with the champagne, the room, and the staff helping us pack the cars. Overall, I highly recommend the Inn at Longshore.

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Alexandra M

I could not speak more highly of getting married here. We just had our wedding at the inn 2 weeks ago and I am already wishing I could do it all over again. The venue itself is so beautiful and classic and the service was phenomenal - drinks, food, and anything else we could... Read More have wanted were always within our reach. The food was outstanding. Numerous people have said it was the best wedding they've ever been to- I hope I get invited to a wedding here down the road so I can enjoy it all over again! :) My best to all the staff- they were so helpful both in planning and on the day itself.

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Christine H

August 5th 2016 *Best day of our lives. Our wedding was absolutely breathtaking! Laina, Eddie and all staff involved were an absolute pleasure to work with. Not only was everything set up the way that we had pictured it, but they were right there to assist with anything that we... Read More needed. I especially loved that right after the ceremony, Laina and Eddie were right there before pictures with a tray of lobster rolls to make sure we were being fed too :) The food was also incredible !! If I could rate this higher than 5 stars I would! Thank you all for making this the wedding of our dreams and more.

Reviewed on 6/03/2016 Kate C

Our May 21, 2016 wedding at Longshore was a dream come true. First, the place: A quaint, historic inn on a breathtaking property on the Long Island sound. It's a classic New England setting with all of the finer details you would expect from a top NYC venue. To a bride raised... Read More in Fairfield County and living in Manhattan, it struck the perfect balance of charm and sophistication. Then, the people: The Longshore team is the definition of professionalism and class, and not one of them misses a beat. From day one, Laina (our coordinator) handled every question and concern with grace and ease. There are a ton of other behind-the-scenes people like Eddie, Christine, and Mary at the front desk, all of whom made my husband and me (not to mention our guests) feel so special and welcome. I feel like I will never have the words to thank them enough. Honorable mentions: - Don't be deterred by a date with two events! There was a bar mitzvah immediately prior to our wedding reception, but I would have NEVER known if they hadn't told me. The space was flawless and everything was ready for us. When it comes to handling multiple events in a day, the people of Longshore are total experts! - The food, oh, the food! On the Marc events did not disappoint. Our guests were raving all night. From the pizza station and the mini lobster rolls to the passed desserts and coffee/cordial bar (not to mention late-night pretzel bar), there was indulgence at every turn. Laina even ensured that John and I had plenty to eat, hand-delivering some hors d'oeuvres before we entered our cocktail hour and flagging us down when dinner was served. Contrary to what people usually say, we were not a hungry couple! - The Pearl was a great spot for an after party next door, and they let us shut down the place. :) - Rain threatened all week, but we ended up just having overcast skies. I was so appreciative to the team for having our cocktail hour outdoors, even though the danger of rain loomed the evening. The photos are priceless! - Magic just happens at Longshore. It's like a whole team of elves are there making things go perfectly and smoothly, down to packing up your cake and props at the end of the night and having them waiting for you in the morning. THANK YOU Longshore for, without a doubt, the best day of our lives. We hope to be back soon!!

Reviewed on 4/26/2016 Marisa D

I keep pinching myself, did this really happen? From the moment we met with Christine we knew that The Inn at Longshore was the place for our daughter's wedding. It was the best experience ever! The prep leading up to the wedding was flawless executed by Laina and Eddie. The... Read More night of the wedding was a perfect 10! Laina and Eddie treated us as family, paying attention to every detail right through the last minute when the final bus left the driveway. We continue to glow in the bask of the beautiful celebration at The Inn. A very special shout out once again to Laina and Eddie for a beautiful wedding day celebration!

Reviewed on 4/24/2016 Deirdre D

Our wedding at The Inn at Longshore was absolutely perfect! It was wonderful and stress free experience. We loved every minute begingkng working with Christine in the sales dept to working with Julia our event coordinator. Julia was organized and very responsive. She was the... Read More reason I had NO stress on the wedding day. I knew she and the staff at Longshore had everything covered. The food was amazing! The wedding guests are still talking about how good the food was.. And being from NJ/NYC we had lots of food-snobs! I wish we could do it all over again!

Reviewed on 3/20/2016 Kristen S

My husband and I got married on September 4th 2015. We love the Inn at Longshore and are so happy we had our wedding there. Would choose it ten times over! The food was great, service was amazing, Laina and her team were supportive- they just know what they're doing. Our friends... Read More and family mention often how beautiful the outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour were, and how much fun they had at the reception. We had the best wedding day!!

Reviewed on 3/10/2016

My wife and I were married at The Inn at Longshore in the middle of a blizzard on January 23rd and we couldn't have been happier with how everything happened. We could tell from our first meeting with Christine that we were dealing with a well-oiled machine (meant in the best... Read More possible way) and that we had nothing to worry about. We worked closely with Laina, the in-house event planner, and it was enjoyable every step of the way. Laina is a great communicator- very friendly, funny, and detail-oriented. It was almost like she could read our minds because on the day of our event she was always a step ahead of us. Considering the blizzard and the many changes and last minute tweaks, Laina was 100% calm and cool-headed, and made us feel the same. We would recommend her as strongly as possible. As for the food- it was delicious. The chef was considerate of all of our guests with dietary restrictions and everyone went away full and happy. The passed apps and raw bar were true hits. Overall- the staff, food, and location were all top notch. Going with The Inn at Longshore is an easy decision if you're getting married anywhere near Westport.

Reviewed on 12/27/2015 Erin M

Just had our wedding there Dec 19th 2015 and it was absolutely incredible. Nothing could have gone smoother. Laina and the staff were incredibly helpful in the planning stages and were on hand wedding day for any issues (though there weren't any). All the guests had a great... Read More time. Would definitely recommend the Longshore to anyone looking for a wedding venue.

Reviewed on 11/04/2015

We just celebrated my daughter's wedding at the Inn at Longshore on Halloween. The evening was flawless. The inn attended to every need and request we had. The event planner, Laina, was stupendous! She listened, advised, executed every detail, Plus she is warm and friendly!... Read More Love her! The food was delicious, prepared perfectly. The appetizers were unbelievable. Main courses were perfectly executed and that is a feat when serving 250 guests. It felt like we were having a big party at home. It felt warm and cozy. Plus we had the ceremony overlooking the water on the most gorgeous ground! At the last minute we moved the ceremony outside and Laina and Eddie pulled it off seamlessly. What else could we ask for! I would not hesitate to have another affair at the Inn.

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Monica S

We had a the greatest wedding at the Inn at Longshore in October!!! Laina is fantastic and put us at ease throughout the wedding planning process. Her and Eddie were so on point the whole wedding day so we did not have to worry about a thing and got to really relax and enjoy our... Read More wedding. Max, the chef, was also great and really listened to all our feedback from the tasting. We got so many compliments from our guests on the food and the venue. The weather didn't cooperate enough for us to have the ceremony and cocktail hour outside but it was still perfect and beautiful inside! We could not have asked for anything more!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

My son's wedding was held here in September, and they did a fantastic job. Great location, and the staff was helpful and courteous. The weather wasn't so good on the wedding day, but they quickly and easily took care of everything. Highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Katie B

We had our wedding on October 16th at Longshore. Everything was perfect! Admittedly I'm a planner but Laina and her staff were beyond perfect partners. They offered suggestions, were available at any point to answer questions throughout the planning process and were beyond... Read More professional the day of. She even took it upon herself to solve a problem with the buses (which was not associated with the Inn) so that myself and parents did not have to worry about it. Longshore offers you the wedding expertise of a large wedding venue, with the quaintness and personalization of a small, New England Inn. Our guests raved about the outdoor cocktail hour and the food. And many said it was the best wedding they have ever been to. Thank you Longshore for making it an awesome day!

A Perfect Day

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Shauna M

Nothing makes a bride happier than hearing the words "best wedding ever!" from her guests. I cannot say enough about how amazing our wedding was at The Inn at Longshore. The staff there is fantastic; they are super responsive, and they were a pleasure to work with from our... Read More first meeting to the close of the reception. We were lucky to have a beautiful fall day, and the pictures I have seen so far are gorgeous - what a background! I have heard nothing but positive feedback from guests about just how lovely the venue was in general, but also guests were raving about the cocktail hour and the excellent service in particular. I heard from a ton of people how impressive the cocktail hour was. The passed hors d'oeuvres were high quality, delicious, and came around frequently. Guests said they didn't have to wait for anything the entire night, and there was never a line at the bar. We loved the look of the ballroom in general for the reception, but we especially loved that there is a stage area for a band to setup. The whole day ran very smoothly from start to finish. I really could go on and on, but to sum up, I would recommend the Inn at Longshore to brides in a heartbeat. I hope I am able to attend a wedding there one day so I can eat more food :-)

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Lisa D

The Inn at Longshore was the first venue we looked at for our wedding and we decided to have our wedding there one week later - it was one of the easiest decisions we made. What I liked about the Inn was that they have a lot of experience running weddings/events, but they do not... Read More make you feel like you are just another client. Working with the staff was easy and enjoyable. Kacy helped answer many questions along the way and worked hard to make sure our needs were met. Laina was amazing on the wedding day as our coordinator - everything ran smoothly and she made sure me and my husband were taken care of the entire day/night. Guests were very impressed with the quality of service and food and you cannot ask for a better location. I am so happy we decided to have our wedding here and would highly recommend this venue to others.

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Linley R

The Inn at Longshore was a dream. I don’t even know where to start. The grounds and picturesque scenery speak for themselves- absolutely stunning. The food was “the best cocktail hour and wedding food I’ve ever had” as described by every wedding guest I spoke to. The reception... Read More room is perfect as it is one large room with the large bar overlooking the dance floor, making for an incredibly fun and cohesive celebration. The staff…perfect at every moment. From my initial meeting with Christine to all my collaboration throughout the year and a half planning with Christine, Kacy, and Laina- every person was nicer and easier to work with than the next. Wedding planning seems to be notoriously stress inducing- I had the exact opposite experience thanks to the entire team at the Longshore. The wedding day could not have been more perfect- special thanks to the entire staff particularly Kacy, Laina, and Eddie who made sure it was the best night of our lives. If you want to have a gorgeous, delicious, and elegant wedding that is approached at all times with the utmost care and detail book the Inn at Longshore.

Reviewed on 5/20/2015 Shauna P

Having our wedding at The Inn at Longshore was one of the best decisions we could have made! Everything was perfect the entire night. It was easy to plan with them leading up to the wedding and they really surpassed our expectations for the cocktail hour and reception. The food... Read More was amazing and our guests are still talking about it. Laina was our banquet manager the night of the wedding and she checked in with me and my husband all night to see if we needed anything and made sure that we had plenty of chances to eat. She also checked in with both of our parents throughout the night to make sure that they had everything they wanted. We were all very happy!

Best Day Ever!

Reviewed on 1/19/2015 Jackie B

We recently celebrated our wedding at the Inn at Longshore on NYE, and it was the most amazing day of our lives. The staff at the Inn made sure the day went perfectly from start to finish. We were met at the door with champagne in hand and from then on treated like royalty. All... Read More of our guests had the most amazing time, the food was excellent, the drinks were flowing, and the venue looked beautiful. All of the staff at the Inn worked hard to make sure our day was everything we had imagined. I highly recommend the Inn at Longshore as a venue. If I could do it again, I would chose them in a heartbeat!

Unprofessional staff

Reviewed on 12/14/2014

I rarely leave comments, but I recently had the most disappointing experience working with Christine, the sales coordinator at the Inn at Longshore. She double booked our appointment to view the site, which she said was “only a little bit” her fault, and mostly due to “Google... Read More messing up”. Honestly, this would have been fine, but she never called us the morning of and instead just met us in the lobby at our scheduled time and told us to wait an hour without even introducing herself to us. I had traveled in from NY to see the Inn and thought this was quite inconsiderate. When I asked her why she didn’t call us, she just turned her head in the other direction and did not respond. We ended up touring with another couple, and she essentially refused to look at us the entire time. At the end of the tour, she abruptly handed us a menu, and told us we were done. We didn’t even realize she was saying goodbye until she started walking away with the other couple! No follow-up email or phone call, either. Aside from her behavior, the ballroom is actually quite nice and the view is beautiful. As others have commented, the grounds are covered in bird feces so you could not wear open toed shoes on the property. We would have considered Inn at Longshore, but the service was so far below what we have seen at other venues that we would never spend any significant money with such an unprofessional individual.

2014-12-15T14:53:30 Response from the vendor

I appreciate the time you and your parents took to visit The Inn on Saturday. It is an unfortunate circumstance that the appointment calendar went down. I certainly would have called you right away had I known of the problem. I would have really enjoyed... Read Less Read More

I can only hope that everyone can have their wedding here!

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Amanda F

My husband and I just recently got married at the Inn at Longshore and I have to say, it was the best night of our lives. Everything was way beyond what I expected as far as service, food, and flow of the night, went. The perk was that our weather was absolutely gorgeous, so... Read More it made this venue that much better. The staff at Longshore is nothing but professional and our wedding coordinator for the night made sure the flow went smoothly and that my husband and I were taken care of. From my guests, I couldn't have gotten more compliments on the food. They loved all the hors d'ouveres we served at cocktail hour, and we had numerous people compliment how the entrees came out nice and hot. At no point in the night did we feel rushed and we were incredibly sad when it was all over with. Days after, a lot of our guests told us that this was the best wedding they have ever gone to. I can only hope that everyone can experience their special day at such a special venue :-)