The Inn on Newfound Lake

Bridgewater, NH

The Inn on Newfound Lake

At the Inn on Newfound Lake a wedding coordinator is assigned to assist you from the initial booking, throughout the planning stages and is in attendance for your entire day to make sure every detail is executed as planned. Ceremonies can be held in our beautiful gardens or along our gorgeous lake on our private beach, then move to our lawn overlooking Newfound Lake to provide a perfect backdrop for a cocktail hour. Then let the celebrations begin with your wedding reception in our historic barn that has been renovated to include modern bathrooms, a fireplace, heat and air conditioning for your guests comfort. Spectacular sunsets, gorgeous lake views, elegant gardens and luscious food will make your affair a fabulous time to remember.

Barn, Waterfront, Garden, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning

1030 Mayhew Trnpk, Bridgewater, NH (603) 744-9111

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Chantal R

It was beautiful and everyone is so helpful. I would highly recommend choosing this wonderful place as your venue. It really made my wedding perfect!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Sarah H

We had our wedding there at the end of August and we could not be happier. We only booked the venue in February of this year and everything went great despite the short planing time. We picked this place because we vacation at Newfound Lake all summer long. Living in New Jersey... Read More and going to weddings there, this is not your typical wedding factory venue where they do more than one wedding a day, this is a place where the owners actually work your entire event and you can see the pride and "home made" quality. The barn is beautiful and so are the gardens and the beach, New England beauty. The food was really good and not so lavish and over the top, what you can find in other places, but just really classy. Our guests loved the wedding and we could not be happier. The only downside is that there is no "flat rate" fee for the bar, but everything is paid by the glass/ bottle. We got an estimate before from the Inn, what we could expect with an open bar and we actually came in below. The entire contract is very itemized, but in the end it does not cost more than anywhere else and it worth every penny. They do all the set-up for you besides the tables decoration and flowers (that the florist does), which is nice, so you do not have to do too much work yourself. We used the vendors and band recommended by the Inn and it worked out great, Mountain Laurel for flowers and the Club Soda Band. Also, do the fireworks, they were pretty great and all of our guests very so surprised.

2016-10-26T12:07:44 Response from the vendor

We here at the Inn have worked very hard in the last few years to overcome ANY less-than-perfect reviews, and seriously consider any suggestions that come our way via these reviews. We couldn't be more proud of our venue and our attention to servicing our... Read Less Read More

Gorgeous venue!

Reviewed on 8/08/2013 Andrea B

I had an amazing wedding at the Inn on Newfound Lake! The slow response times (or lack of responses) to the planning emails scared me a little, but the wedding day was flawless. Larry is an amazing host who is there from ceremony start until the end of the reception. In our case... Read More he also baked 16 pies the day of the wedding for our desserts! No detail will be left undone at this venue. So happy with my choice.

Beautiful location but...

Reviewed on 7/27/2013 Amy D

We had our wedding at the Inn in late June. We chose it as our wedding venue because it is an absolutely beautiful location - great gardens, cool refinished barn. Also, I grew up in the area and spent many days on Newfound Lake so it was really special for me to get married... Read More there. Joy was really helpful and pleasant during the planning process, although she is clearly overworked. Most of our guests didn't end up staying at the Inn, because they have a 2 night minimum and they only needed 1. The grounds and the barn (and the Inn itself) are incredibly beautiful. There is a little dock across the street where you can get some great pictures. The whole place has a really elegant feel but with a touch of rustic NH - there are cool antler chandeliers in the barn but it still manages to not feel like a hunting lodge! The reason I only gave the Inn 2 stars is because the service we received before, during, and after the wedding by the Inn's owner, Larry, left a lot to be desired. I felt bullied when I wanted to do things that are outside their normal mode of operation (for example, something as simple as having the groom put the Inn-required place cards on the tables instead of having guests pick them up on their way in). He was rude and pushy during our rehearsal (he didn't seem to like the way we organized our processional and kept trying to make us do it a different way). We hosted an open bar and 4 guests mentioned that their drinks were taken away by servers before they were empty, and when they said they weren't finished they were told "it's ok, just go get another one." Their open bar is charged per drink, not a flat rate, so we ended up paying for an unknown number of extra drinks. Several guests received the wrong meals, in spite of my handmade place cards being written on (even though I had clearly indicated the meal choice on the card already, and they were approved by Larry). Larry blamed that on our guests who didn't pick up their cards - so the servers just asked guests what they wanted to eat. This would be fine, but they only make the exact number of meals you request. So - if you request 4 vegetarian meals and someone with beef changes their mind, one of your vegetarians is going to get stuck either with no meal or eating the beef. Some guests who DID pick up their cards still got the wrong meal (and one meal was lost for a period of time). We also paid an extra $2 per person for upgraded salads, which weren't served (we did get a refund for those). BOTTOM LINE: If you're looking for a spectacularly beautiful place to get married, with good food and strong drinks AND you're strong enough to stand up for what you want, you request that they make extra meals, tell your guests not to put their drinks down - this is the place for you. Lastly, Larry asks guests outright to write Yelp reviews. I called the Inn to find out why the above problems happened so I could write a positive review (maybe a server or a cook was out sick, or they had a bunch of new hires, or a million other acceptable reasons) and was treated to a very unprofessional voicemail from Larry in which he accepted NO responsibility and in which I was treated with blatant disrespect. My husband called to speak with him and ask what he would be doing to rectify the situation and Larry said he would call back on the weekend - we never heard back.

Great location, Larry is VERY unprofessional and rude. Must have thick skin to deal with him

Reviewed on 7/17/2013 amanda leigh r

The Inn was a beautiful location for my cousin's wedding. The scenery was amazing and I could not ask for better from their grounds crew....they do an amazing job. The wedding was beautiful but there were many things that went wrong that did not go unnoticed by myself and or... Read More the bride. First, the rehearsal was less than smooth. Larry did not listen to what the bride or groom was saying or what they wanted. I think the groom said that he and his brother were walking their mother down the aisle about 4 times and yet a few minutes later Larry made a very offensive and uncomfortable comment to the mother of the groom saying, "oh...no husband?!?". Kidding or not we were not amused. Then he made another comment about the groom’s side not having any grandparents there. The awkward comments would and could have been avoided if he paid attention to what the bride and groom said a FEW times earlier. The ceremony was beautiful on the lawn and the barn was set up amazing. Very pretty. The inn requires you to have place setting for every guest. On the place setting you have to put the meal that the guest requested. On top of that you have to submit your seating chart along with what meals go where. When I heard this I thought a little pain in the butt but it will make the food service go smooth. Holy crap was I wrong. The main meal serve was a cluster. The best man was the LAST person to get his meal. They brought the food out by food the type (ie fish, beef) not by table. I assumed that the seating chart was so they could plate the trays by table. Example... table 1 has 3 fish 4 beef and 1 vegetarian. Done...one tray one trip done. Nope. Tray of beef went out and the service staff went wandering around looking for the beef people. Then another tray of beef. So there were tables of people with beef and it was a long time before a tray of fish came out to distribute. Then a guest did not get their meal and when requested she was told they were out of fish. A few minutes later Larry came back saying oh I found you a fish. Meanwhile, at another table someone switched their meal for fish with no problem. I was very confused. However, Sarah from the wait staff was extremely helpful and hands down wonderful. My date and I had the beef. It was very good but the portions were completely out of whack. My piece was much smaller than my dates and over cooked. (Still tasty though) My date’s piece was very large (he had no complaints). The lady sitting next to him her piece was even larger. Rule number one of banquet food serving is to make sure all the food is presented the same. The steaks did not have to be the exact same ounce, but I should not be able to see the difference in the sizes from across the table. Once service was over and it was just party time. The wedding a blast the DJ was a lot of fun. After, Larry was terrible. Called the bride a liar when she told him about the things that went wrong. When I wrote a letter to complain...he called the BRIDE back and told him her that he "Does not care about me or my opinion" Honestly, the most UNPROFESSIONAL "manager" out there. When as the maid of honor it is my job to help the bride and to care. We have been very disrespected and mistreated by Larry.

Most amazing day of our lives!

Reviewed on 10/02/2012 Kimberly P

We were married @ the Inn on Newfound Lake and had the ceremony on the beach, and reception in the Barn. From the beginning of meeting with the Inn keepers and staff, we got the feeling that they would go the extra mile to ensure our day was stress free and went just as we had... Read More imagined. Working with the Inn Keepers and staff was a great pleasure, as they made the process not only very stress free, but also a lot of fun. The service was amazing, and everyone who was at the wedding is still talking about it. The food was so good that we had a number of people tell us they would travel from afar just to come back to experience the rest of the stuff the Inn serves, as everyone was very impressed with every aspect of the meals. While planning the menu for the reception, the Inn Keeper mentioned that he could do a pie service in conjunction with the cake. Luckily we took his advice, as that was AMAZING. The pies went quick, and here it is two weeks later and we are still getting messages from people who were at the wedding stating how much they enjoyed the pies. They were defintely a big hit, and we would most certainly reccomend this option, as you will without a doubt not regret it. In planning our wedding and going through the schedule of events with the Inn Keepers, we opted for the late night fireworks show to finish the big day off with. We were amazed at the show the Inn Keepers put on for us, as was every one of our guests. It was simply a great way to finish the night with, and everyone was very impressed. Overall, we were both so impressed and are already looking forward to our next trip to the Inn to experience the fine dining, amazing service, and friendliness of the staff that works there.

Storybook wedding...

Reviewed on 9/16/2012 Robyn W

The Inn & its owners really went above and beyond to make our wedding what we had dreamed of. Being from Kansas and traveling for the wedding can be stressful. Joy, Larry and Phelps took care of everything and really made it low stress. Most of our guests stayed on site... Read More and are still raving about the food, service and location. We got married on the beach and you couldn't have asked for a more beautiful location. Cocktail hour was in the pristine garden and then the reception was in their amazing barn. The food was OUTSTANDING! The service was spot on and if there were any problems I never knew about them. We really had the time of our lives and it was because of the wonderful venue. Now we have some of the most amazing pictures to have as memories... thanks to such a beautiful location.

Magical!

Reviewed on 8/02/2012 Alexandra V

Born and raised in LA and currently living in NY, I was nervous about having the wedding in New Hampshire because I didn't live there. I have to say, it was such a stressless process and the owner, Larry, and the manager, Joy, took care of everything where the wedding was... Read More absolutely perfect! The food is top notch and Larry makes his own fresh baked pies - such a special touch! I was very happy with the Inn on Newfound Lake and would recommend it to anyone who is looking to marry in NH.

Perfect rustic New Hampshire wedding!

Reviewed on 10/31/2011 Anna H

We had a beautiful wedding by the lake in September 2011 at the Inn on Newfound Lake, followed by a gorgeous cocktail hour on the lawn and a reception in the renovated barn. The food is top-notch, as is the service, and Joy and Larry did everything possible to make our day go... Read More off without a hitch. Our guests complimented everything for weeks afterwards and everyone loved the experience. Just keep in mind that this is not a big city hotel - make sure to tell your guests to expect a rustic experience (no TVs in the rooms) - and not a wedding factory. It's a very hands-on experience working with two people who care deeply about your big day - Larry and Joy - and if you're willing to do the work, you can have the wedding of your dreams.

Wedding 10-2-10

Reviewed on 10/28/2010 Michelle O

Our wedding was beautiful at The Inn on Newfound Lake. It was set outdoors and the reception was held in the renovated barn. We had 130 people and it was perfect. Larry and Joy did so much to be sure our day was perfect and the meal was impeccable. Larry made sure our... Read More overnight guests were comfortable. We were served continental breakfast in the morning.