Alterations & More! See website for appointments!

Offering services: (but not limited to) Alterations (formal/prom/homecoming/bridesmaid/wedding, etc.), Embroidery (lettering/logo), Home Décor (curtains/valances, etc.), & More. Conveniently & Easily Schedule your Own Appointment by going to my website and clicking on the "Schedule Appointment Now" or "Online Scheduling" Link. Feel free to schedule a "MEASUREMENTS" appointment. This allows you to know your measurements before heading out to shop and it gives you a chance to meet me right from the start and be there for you. When you have found your Dress... Schedule - "ALTERATIONS - INITIAL BRIDAL CONSULTATION" Choose a Date/Time and Submit information. I look forward to getting to know and work with you to make this a fun process! #Seamstressjustasimportantasothervendors

Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

1453 Sharon Acres Road, Forest Hill, MD (410) 692-0964

Reviewed on 12/11/2017 Kate M

A coworker of mine referred me to Joy and am I so thankful she did! Not only is Joy a pleasure to work with, she knows her stuff and has the best ideas. It was because of Joy that I fell in love with my dress again! She completely transformed the straps and created these... Read More beautiful options for a bow to the back of the dress. I've received so many compliments about the back of my dress! Thank you so much Joy! The dress was perfect!

2017-12-11T20:11:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Kate. I enjoyed working with you on your dress.

Reviewed on 3/09/2018 Kirsten P

Joy was fantastic. I had a lot of fears about the alterations process, both with regards to some unique aspects of my dress and the fear that there would be some freak accident where my dress would get ruined while staying with a seamstress. Once I met Joy, all those concerns... Read More went away. She is super organized and you know exactly what to expect with her. Her prices are reasonable and she does not nickel and dime you. She is so sweet and friendly to work with. I cannot recommend her highly enough!

2018-03-10T16:35:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Kirsten. You were a pleasure to work with! :-)

Reviewed on 1/05/2018 MICHELE Z

Joy is the best! She is very organized & easy to work with. I am so grateful for her expertise when making decisions about alterations to my wedding dress.  She kept me calm during a stressful time! My dress turned out perfectly & I would recommend Joy for any alteration... Read More needs.

2018-01-11T12:57:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you Michele. It was a pleasure working with you and your bridesmaids. :-)

Reviewed on 3/17/2018 Ashley H

I just had my first fitting with Joy. She was excellent during my fitting. She took the time to pin multiple bustles so I could see exactly what the options were. I can't wait to get my perfectly fitted dress!!!

2018-03-17T15:34:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you Ashley. Looking forward to your fittings. :-)

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Angie H

This was the first time I have ever need a seamstress. I was overwhelmed trying to find the right one. Joy came highly recommend from a friend. From the moment I booked the appointment until I picked up my daughter's junior bridesmaid dress I felt very comfortable. Joy did an... Read More amazing job on the dress. It was absolutely perfect. I highly recommend her & will definitely be using her services in the future.

2017-11-04T12:00:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you Angie. It was a pleasure working with you and your daughter.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Karin V

Joy was very personable and very knowledgeable and professional. A pleasure to work with.

2017-10-31T12:28:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Karin. :-)

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Summer H

oy is great to work with! She really cared about getting my dress to what I envisioned in my head and she did it perfectly :) I went to her for my wedding dress and 3 bridesmaid dresses. She did great every time. I will definitely recommend her to everyone who asks me for a good... Read More seamstress!

2017-10-10T07:51:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you Summer. Enjoy working with you.:-)

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Madeline M

Joy was such a pleasure to work with. My wedding dress was big on me in all directions and she fixed it all! She was so organized and quick to respond to e mails! Having your wedding dress fit perfectly is one of the most stressful experiences of planning a wedding and Joy put... Read More me at such ease! She takes her time and not only helps with fitting the dress perfectly but also helps with picking out the perfect undergarments and accessories! I feel so lucky that I found her! I will use her with ALL future fitting needs! Thank you Joy!

2017-10-07T09:07:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you Madeline. Enjoyed working with you. :-)

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Heather S

Joy has been amazing over the last couple months! I originally met with her in August and she is a true professional who knows her stuff. I can’t wait to go to my final dress fitting on October 7. I will definitely recommend Joy to everyone I know. I know my dress is in good... Read More hands.

2017-10-06T08:38:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Heather! It has been a pleasure working with you and your mom.

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Heather G

Joy lived up to every great review and beyond! She felt like a life long friend right away. Joy had great ideas for my dress and her work is amazing. Prices are very reasonable. Make sure you book early, her calendar fills up quickly. I can’t wait to wear my dress in 2 weeks!

2017-10-03T07:25:20 Response from the vendor

Awe Thank you Heather. Enjoyed working with you.

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Jennifer L

Joy did an amazing job on my lace wedding dress. She provided professional expertise and quality work for a great price! She was easy to work with and her work is perfection. I would highly recommend her one thousand times over!

2017-09-23T21:34:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Jennifer.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Erin B

Finding a seamstress to work on my bridal gown was definitely a difficult decision. Joy was an ansokute blessing! When I was full of stress in bridal prep, I am felt completely at ease after my initial consultation. Joy was so bubbly, kind hearted, and knowledgeable that I knew... Read More I was in good hands. Even though my dress was very detailed and had many layers, joy nailed th alterations and I can't thank her enough! I felt gorgeous on my big day!

2017-09-14T18:36:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Erin.

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Kris F

Alterations were flawless. Extremely professional, well organized and smooth process. Bent over backward to help us with scheduling. Very personable. Adorable workshop and fitting area. Highly recommend! Excellent work.

2017-09-12T07:54:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kris. It was a pleasure working with you and your daughter.

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Vicki M

Joy is an amazing lady! Very organized and talented. Down to earth and easy to work with! So happy to have someone in my area to go to for alterations and embroidery that supercede my personal sewing talents. She is a treasure!

2017-08-05T18:55:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Vicki!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Paula H

I met with Ms. Joy regarding alterations for my wedding dress. To say the least she was indeed a joy & a pleasant seamstress to work with for my wedding dress which she did fabulous work on.

2017-05-04T21:28:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you Paula. Enjoyed working with you!

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 Sarah L

Joy did a fantastic job on my ALL lace dress. She fit me even with a tight deadline and really made each of my visits worth it. My dress ha d a defect from the manufacturer and Joy made it as if it was never there! Fantastic to work with

2017-03-28T19:56:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Sarah! You were a pleasure to work with. :-)

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Roxanne W

Joy took my wedding dress and turned it into my son's baptism outfit, truly amazing. Great attention to detail and amazing custom work. I highly recommend her!

2016-11-01T05:59:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you Roxanne. It was fun working with you and Bob.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Trish M

I wanted to say how wonderful Joy was a few months ago for a June wedding. I had called her to get a gift certificate for a family member cause I was unable to make her shower and pay her final payment. She assisted me getting a gift certificate I had filled all the... Read More information out and took a picture and sent to the bride to let her know it would be waiting for her on her next appointment date. She was so happy and excited one less stress she would have to worry about. Also, the day of the wedding we were having issues bussleing the dress so we were able to FaceTime her and she walked us thru step by step how to. The bride was so happy and very pleased that just goes to show the awesome service Joy provides and she takes 100 percent pride in her work. I will definitely recommend her in the future. Thank You Once Again You Rock Trish

2016-10-31T14:22:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you Trish. It was a pleasure assisting everyone.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Liz S

Joy is absolutely amazing! If. I could give her 10 stars, I would! She has the best ideas and can create beautiful masterpieces! She is extremely organized which can be appreciated by all brides! She will not only be your seamstress, but she will become a friend for life. I... Read More promise you that you will not be disappointed, and you will love her work and personality so much that you will send everyone you know her way after your very first appointment!

2016-10-31T06:02:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Liz! You and your mom were fun to work with.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Linda O

Joy was a delight to work with. As the mother of the bride I could not have asked for a better experience in getting our daughter's wedding gown hemmed and altered to fit her like a dream! Joy was professional and knowledgeable and I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone... Read More needing alterations of any kind.

2016-10-30T19:51:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Linda! It was a pleasure working with you both!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Stephanie C

I can't say enough about Joy and her professionalism. Choosing which person or company to have your wedding dress alterations done is very overwhelming, and somewhat scary. You've never met this person before, and despite seeing work on their website or FB page, you'll still be... Read More a ball of nerves until you get to their studio or workspace, and go through the appointment. After only getting references of 2 alteration services, I read reviews, took a chance and went with Joy. I am so glad that I did! Not only was she professional, but she was funny and my girlfriends & I could be our goofy selves around her and I'm pretty sure she was entertained by us. She never rushed us, answered all of our questions, and even went out of her way to show us several different bustle ideas because I wasn't sure which I wanted. Her website is also very easy to navigate, and you can schedule your bridal alterations, and bridesmaids alteration through her website and pick your own time (if it's available). How awesome is that? I could've easily chosen the other person since they were closer to me, but I am so thrilled that I chose Joy to work on my dress. I will keep referring her to everyone needing some type of alteration, wedding related or not!

2016-10-30T17:27:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Stephanie! I greatly enjoyed working with all of you.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Kelly B

I can't say enough good things about working with Joy. From beginning to end, it was an effortless process having my wedding gown altered. To begin, her prices are affordable, she is transparent and will not try to nickel and dime you. She was thorough and attentive, made sure... Read More that everything was done just as I liked, she genuinely enjoys her work and it shows in the results. She is very warm and inviting, and made everything so easy and I actually looked forward to my fittings. I could go on and on, but you'll just have to experience it for yourself to fully appreciate it! Go see Joy for any alteration needs - you won't regret it!

2016-10-31T14:25:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Kelly! I enjoyed working with you.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Amanda R

Joy is absolutely amazing! I was hesitant about alterations because my dress had a lace overlay. I was having anxiety attacks about it getting ruined but when I walked into my first appointment there was another brides beautiful dress on a maniquin and I knew my dress was in... Read More good hands. I needed a hem and the bustle on my train and what she did was amazing! And the train was super easy for my girls to bustle up after pictures. I got compliments on my dress all night and how gorgeous the bustle was. I'm a line dancer and of course I was going to line dance at my wedding. She made sure that I was able to do that and did! She is so sweet and very professional. She made me feel so calm and comfortable which is exactly what I needed. I will always recommend her to anyone who needs help with their dress. She does beautiful work and is a sweetheart!

2016-10-29T08:53:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! So glad you were able to dance the night away.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Alan J

Joy was a pleasure to work with when alterating my wedding gown! I could not have been happier with how it turned out. She is very personable and affordable. I highly recommended Joy!

2016-10-29T10:21:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you! You were a pleasure as well.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Marina T

Joy is fantastic, so friendly and talkative. She has in taken in a few of my dresses, always does great work. She even squeezed me in her schedule for an emergency fit in the week of a weeding I was in and did a great job.

Joy Pelt

I am a mother of 2 wonderful children and married for 17+ years. I started this service in the September 2000 because I love helping people achieve the look they want and deserve at affordable prices. ​ When I got married I knew that I wanted to grow my business to helping brides enjoy the process of alterations. My Initial Bridal Consultation allows for my brides to receive personalized attention to go over the details of their dress so they "Don't Stress Over the Dress". Every bride knows the steps their dress is going to go through, we set up a schedule for fittings and have fun.