The King and Prince Beach Resort

Guest Capacity

Waterfront, Beach, Hotel

Food + Catering

201 Arnold Road, St Simons Island, GA

Vintage Wedding Elegance at the Beach!

Reviewed on 4/01/2014 Dawn M

My family has spent many years vacationing at the King & Prince and had come to expect only the best in service and accommodations from them. Of course there have been some issues here and there but our concerns were promptly handled and corrected. We couldn't have had a more... Read More beautiful and meaningful wedding! The hotels wedding coordinators, Ruth Driggs and Scarlett Starr were exceptional in their assistance and handling of all of our wedding details. Everything went as planned with no issues and the food was delicious and service from the buffet staff was very professional. I only wish I had brought a couple of food containers to pack up some of the delicious food that was left to take back to our condo. If I had any complaint it would be that they do not let you take the leftover food that you've paid for. I think they should waive that for those that are staying in a condo. I understand they don't want it in a regular hotel room. Our room block coordinator Kaitlin Routh was always helpful and the hotel did a great job accommodating all of our guests, especially our large McGee family. Once our guests saw how lovely the hotel and the island was they requested to stay an extra day or two during their check in. The front desk staff graciously accommodated their last minute requests doing some quick rearranging of room assignments. The hotel manager also did a nice follow up to our wedding a few days later to handle a small issue that occured during our stay. No one expects anything to be perfect, just good responsive service to handle things that do arise. The hotel has just finished a beautiful remodel of it's lobby area which is so much better for guests to relax in when they wanted a break from wedding activities. Their new in house restaurant "Echo" (which is separate from the catering) still has a lot of kinks to work out regarding prompt service and proper food prep and proportions in line with prices (too high) as they were only open about a week or so before our wedding weekend. The food is quite tasty though and we had no issues with breakfast at all. The restaurant is very pretty with a full view of the water. I would highly recommend this venue for a wedding or any event. The location is gorgeous right on the beach and has an old southern luxury appeal. My family will continue to visit the area and enjoy a stay here in the future.

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Jessica P

I wanted that perfect beach wedding and The King and Prince delivered!!! My goodness what a beautiful location. They have an oceanfront lawn where I had my ceremony. It is right on the beach, but without all the sand! It was so beautiful. They also have gorgeous rooms for rain... Read More backups! Scarlett is phenomenal and just the sweetest lady to work with. My wedding ceremony was perfect :)

From start to finish, they were there to help!

Reviewed on 9/21/2014 Clara S

The King and Prince was really there every step of the way to make sure that my day went as I wanted. It is a beautiful location and their priced fairly. I loved the flexibility and kindness of the staff. They helped me enjoy the wedding of my dreams.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Ellen L

The staff at the King and Prince went above and beyond to make our wedding beautiful! Scarlett, Alan, and their team worked around the clock to get every detail right. Guests raved about the food and commented on the professionalism of the staff.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016

The King and Prince was the perfect venue for our daughter's wedding reception in June. The entire experience was flawless from our first (unannounced!) arrival to check out the place to the last sparkler being put out as the bride and groom left the reception. The staff at... Read More the King and Prince was so professional and caring. The food was absolutely the biggest hit and our guests are still talking about it. We do not have one negative memory or experience to mar the perfect event that we had planned. If you have an opportunity to celebrate at the King and Prince you can't go wrong!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Jenni W

A 5-star online review doesn't do enough to express our feelings of gratitude towards the K&P regarding our wedding experience and how wonderful they were in seeing that the entire weekend was a cherished and memorable experience. From start to finish, the K&P staff were... Read More extremely helpful in arranging a choice of recommended vendors and staff that catered to every detailed desire we had for the weekend; they were instrumental in making sure that everything was simply magical. Our guests were floored by the beauty of the premises and the service that was extended to them throughout the weekend, with plenty to do between golf, pool, and the beach for families and couples alike. For the price, you will be hard pressed to find a more picturesque and welcoming venue. Simply put, if you dream of having a coastal wedding in the Southeast, you owe it to yourself to give the King and Prince the opportunity to show you how truly wonderful your wedding can be. Finally, our wedding coordinator, Scarlett, was phenomenal. She went above and beyond anything I could have ever imagined. Her sincerity is unmatched.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Nellie B

AMAZING VENUE! The team is fantastic.

Reviewed on 3/25/2016 Kasey C

My daughter had her reception at the King and Prince on March 19,2016. I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it was. The food was amazing and we worked with Hannah, who absolutely attended to every detail to make it perfect!! We used the room upstairs for cocktail hour... Read More and the Delegal room and lawn area for the reception. The service was amazing, food brought in tons of compliments and it was overall a beautiful venue. Once again, Hannah was amazing to deal with! The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because reservations is very difficult to deal with. We had a lot of out of town guests and knew we would need over 30 rooms/villas. Rooms can't be held in a block so 5 months before the wedding, we were given a month to have guests register or pay for them ourselves to keep them reserved. This meant calling our guests who had not even received a Save the Date or invitation yet. We booked 30 rooms off the bat, but guests had to pay for the first night at the time of booking and the second night before arrival. This was not anything we were used to. When we did reserve some rooms that were supposed to be held for guests, instead guests were told that the hotel was booked so many had to stay in other places due to miscommunication. As wonderful as everything was, IF you have a lot of out of town guests, you really need to take this into consideration. We had some guests tell us that reservations charged them for both nights 5 months ago and also complained about rudeness when they called. It is a shame because everything else about the King and Prince was lovely. So, 5 stars for everyone but that department. I would give them a 2.

Absolutely Terrible Experience

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Heather S

I would not recommend having your wedding at the King and Prince Resort!I had both my ceremony and reception at the resort in July of 2014, and I received horrifying customer service and had a terrible experience. In summary, it is clear to me this hotel has no concept of true... Read More customer service or responsibility. Needless to say, on one of the biggest days of my life I was highly let down because of the King and Prince, and will never get back what they took from me. My guests will always remember the security forcing everyone to leave the reception with no explanation for what was happening. The King and Prince took what was supposed to be a happy and memorable day, and made it into an incredibly embarrassing and sad incident. Here is a list of items that happened to justify my harsh but true statements: The person responsible for my event was titled, “Catering & Conference Service Manager”. After I put down my deposit, I was re-assigned to a new manager. During our wedding tasting the new manager provided unclear responses and was unable to answer several critical questions. During our wedding tasting catering manager told us she could help with coordination activities and setup of the reception; however, one week before my wedding she stated that the King and Prince did not provide “Coordinator” services. We were only allowed a few hours prior to ceremony start to setup the reception.On the day of my family arrived promptly at 9:00AM to setup the arch for our outside ceremony; however, the catering manager responsible for my event didn’t come in until 1:00PM and no one was available to show them where to setup. I provided the catering manager a specific seating chart that included table numbers and attendees. My parents were assigned to table 1 and my husband’s parents were assigned to table 2. The catering manager responsible for my event put the number 2 table identifier in the very back corner of the room. My husbands parents were seated in the back corner of the room! When asked about this, the catering manager said she typically makes it a priority to go over the seating chart with clients, but she overlooked this for my wedding. I was told (via saved emails) our appetizers would be butler passed. When I went to look at the reception on the day of my wedding I noticed heating stations that were setup and asked what they were for. The catering manager said she forgot. Probably the worst thing that happened at my wedding is that hotel guests staying at the King and Prince kept coming over to my private event. These hotel guests were not invited or a part of my wedding; however, they were drinking at the King and Prince hotel bar and chose to cause problems by continuing to walk into my event and even use my photo booth. One of the men even wrote profanity in my guest book. The King and Prince security did nothing, and were not available to keep the King and Prince hotel guests out of my event. An altercation occurred in the reception area of the King and Prince hotel near the fireplace (NOT the area of my event). The police were called, and king and prince security finally got involved. Even though the individuals responsible for the fight were NOT related to my event, and the fight did NOT occur at my event, the head of security guard walked into my reception and made the DJ stop the music. My event was terminated early, and all my guests were forced to leave. Other incidents happened, but my character limitation is up!

Perfection

Reviewed on 4/27/2014 Franny Y

I am so happy we chose the King & Price, our wedding coordinator Scarlett was phenomenal, the place was beyond amazing and the cost was fair. Great value and perfect place

Wedding of my Dreams!

Reviewed on 9/02/2013 Janell G

The King and Prince Beach Resort is the perfect location for a fairytale wedding! The staff is amazing and will make your wildest dreams come true! I am from Portland, OR, so obviously, this was a destination wedding. The staff made it so simple to plan, and set up tastings and... Read More tours the one weekend I had available without any hesitation. The wedding weekend was perfect! I came in on a Thursday and only had to have one small 15 minute meeting to square away the final details! I am so blessed to have had the perfect wedding! If you want the perfect beach wedding, I fully recommend The King and Prince Beach Resort!

Wedding Caterer

Reviewed on 8/23/2013 LaToya D

good food and service

Perfect Honeymoon

Reviewed on 6/27/2013 Marc D

We had the governor suite. IMO the best suite that overlooks the beach. You can sleep peacefully to the waves at night and have the ocean breeze fill your bedroom without any sand! They had free complimentary breakfast, just make sure you tell them up front before checking in... Read More how many guests you have. The Friday night seafood buffet was stunning! Everything about this place and our stay was perfect! Thank you King and Prince Beach Resort!

never again.

Reviewed on 6/02/2013 Heather E

the king and prince was our location for the reception. The planning process was flawless but the actual reception... far from. They let strangers eat our food before we got up there. The security team was rude and approached me (keep in mind i'm the bride here) about outside... Read More alcohol. I should have been the last person approached with any problems that day. The outside alcohol came from the strangers the let come in. My aunt stayed there and had money stolen out of her room. Even after lots of contact, they failed to do anything to remedy the situation. Don't book here for your reception.

Fun Wedding and Nice beach

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Ashlin B

I enjoyed this venue because the ballroom was large enough for everyone to spread out and the food is really good. I had the ceremony outside on the oceanfront lawn and it was really windy that day so the flowers and my viel were blowing everwhere. It was pretty, but the... Read More location to where everyone walks out from was very unorganized. I also didn't think the customer service was very good on the banquet side of things for the amount of money we paid to have it there. Also I was not impressed with the rooms, they were very old and did not have very many amentities. I had to send someone to the bar every 5 minutes to get me a glass of ice water. No water in the rooms at all. I expected it overall to be nicer for the money we spent, but it turned out really pretty and we had a lot of fun. They let the DJ go until 12am in the ballroom.

Beautiful place to honeymoon!

Reviewed on 5/30/2012 Jennifer G

This hotel was georgous & we really enjoyed our time there. Giving itineraries less star because their panoramic view of the ocean is really a sliding door and a very small window. Just wasn't what we expected for the price & description.

Fabulous!

Reviewed on 1/30/2012 Marsha R

We hosted our wedding reception at the King & Prince. We worked with Scarlett and Anne and they made our day perfect! Every little detail was taken care of and I didn't have to worry about anything. Additionally, our guests couldn't stop raving about the food - it was so... Read More delicious! Furthermore, we reserved a block of rooms for our guests at the King & Prince. Our guests enjoyed the resort immensely. Plenty of things to do on the resort and close enough to walk to yummy restaurants.

Loved Everything!

Reviewed on 10/06/2011 Kelly B

I worked very closely with Scarlett and the King and Prince and I couldn't have asked for a sweeter person to work with. She was so accommodating and made sure nothing went wrong. She was there from the beginning and was there for the wedding to make sure everything was perfect.... Read More The venue itself was spectacular and breathtaking. It's right next to the water and just a stunning place to get married. It's a little pricey, but I think it was totally worth it.

Excellent!

Reviewed on 7/01/2011 Leigha F

I had my reception held at the King and the Prince and they were wonderful. I didn't have to worry about a thing! Everything was set up perfectly. They put my centerpieces down, set up the guest book table, favor table and groom's cake. During the wedding, the servers waited on... Read More us hand and foot. I never wanted for anything. It was a beautiful venue and the service was spectacular!