The Larimore House Plantation Wedding & Reception Venue

St. Louis, MO

All-Inclusive Vintage Estate

The historic Larimore House Plantation is St. Louis' premier location for beautiful outdoor or chapel weddings and elegant receptions. The fantastic food prepared onsite, the five acres of photo settings and the value pricing make Larimore the choice for nearly 100 brides each year.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Barn, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Church, Religious Setting

11475 Lilac Avenue, St. Louis, MO

Wonderful Wedding

Reviewed on 10/24/2013 Christy P

Our wedding at the Larimore House was wonderful - we planned from out of town so it was nice to have everything in one place and we used their recommended florist, DJ, and bar service. Dena was great, answering emails quickly and although I'm sure I drove her crazy with... Read More questions she never showed any frustration. On the day of the wedding, we made a last minute decision to move inside because of rain, and Dena & Alan made the transition seamlessly! Of course there were a few hiccups along the way (there always are), but looking back the night was PERFECT!

Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 9/26/2013

After we met with Dena at the Larimore House to review their options, we knew this was the place for us. The venue is perfectly beautiful. Nestled away in a little piece of perfection is the Larimore House. From the moment you pull in the drive you feel like you've traveled... Read More back in time. The grounds are pristine, trees surround the whole property so you don't even know you're in the city. It's quiet and romantic. The house is fabulous, classic architecture with lovely antique furnishings and décor. Then there is the service. Dena took care of everything. I live about 3 hours away so this was extremely helpful to me. She worked with me from start to finish to ensure that everything went precisely the way I desired. On my wedding day, Dena and staff were always a couple of steps ahead so I didn't have to think about anything. My wedding party and I just showed up and enjoyed the day. Preparation and clean-up were entirely on them so my family, friends and I didn't have to worry about anything. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a classic, romantic location with a complete package to cover every detail. The price was incredibly reasonable (I even opted to include the flowers, DJ, delicious dinner, and more so it was less stress on me) and everything I had Dena take care of turned out better than anticipated.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Jennifer H

My husband Casey & I got married here on 08/22/15. Our friends and family are STILL raving about the Larimore! The venue is the essence of romance. What's more, Deena (the owner and your day-of helper) made everything run SO smoothly. When my mom & I had met with seven (yes 7)... Read More florists who were out of budget, Deena's go-to florist (Stems) was able to give me everything I wanted at 60% of what others were charging. On the day of the wedding, I had absolutely nothing to worry about because Deena was there and she is a pro! I was worried about it not being sunny (they have a backup indoor venue, but I really wanted outdoors) and our day WAS cloudy, but the pictures turned out beautifully. Highly recommend doing the horse & carriage entry. People are still talking about how cool it was! ALSO, it gave me a little time in the carriage to talk to my dad one last time before he walked me down the aisle. I cannot say enough good things about the Larimore and Deena. We had a very detailed wedding (monogram on dance floor, monogrammed labels on the champagne bottles, special table cloths, etc, etc) and Deena made sure that all of our details were taken care of to the T. I cannot believe what a perfect day it was and that I did not have to worry about anything at all! Here is the link to our wedding video so you can see more of this gorgeous plantation for yourself! Congratulations on your engagement & happy wedding planning! ~Jennifer Blood

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Kristy M

Very beautiful venue! After our first meeting at the Larimore House we knew it was perfect. It is a very unique property and we wanted our wedding to be memorable. We got many compliments from our guests, especially on having the horse drawn carriage as a part of our ceremony.... Read More The food was also excellent. Allen was very accommodating during the reception and made sure we were happy. He also helped us clean up afterwards and did not rush us out after the reception had ended. My only complaint is that one of the staff members was rude to a few of our other vendors. Scolding one of the vendors for arriving less than 5 minutes early before their scheduled arrival time, and for rolling their eyes at another vendor multiple times while they were asking questions.

Larimore Plantation was amazing!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Kelly J

My husband and I were married at the Larimore House Planation on September 18, 2015. Besides the warm weather, every thing was amazing. The property was beautiful, the food was delicious and the service was more than outstanding. I am still getting compliments on my wedding.... Read More Dena was a huge help and made everything run smoothly. I would highly recommend Larimore House Plantation.

Reviewed on 9/20/2015

As soon as my now husband and I saw this place, we were in love with it! It was kind of pricy, but well worth it. Dena is super helpful and does a great job with helping to figure out what you need. They have vendors that they partner with, so it was both easy to choose them,... Read More and they knew their way around the grounds to get things where they needed to be. We had an indoor wedding in the chapel, which has some simple decorations already, so it didn't need much else to look good. I liked having the ceremony and reception in the same area. The whole staff was very helpful, and none of my guests' glasses got too empty during the reception.

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 Crystal P

Everything about Larimore House Plantation was perfection. They made sure our special day went smoothly and it truly did! The setting is gorgeous and the food was great! Thanks Dena and Allen for a wonderful wedding!

Reviewed on 6/29/2015

We just finished hosting my daughter’s wedding at the Larimore this past weekend and Dena was simply wonderful, she does work to bring a level of professional services to your event. I found her very accommodating. All of the wedding elements went incredible well and the... Read More outdoor settings were wonderful. I would recommend the carriage as it does provide a spectacular element to the wedding! When I did a site inspection of the Larimore, I had a discussion with Allen who boasted about the quality of service at his facility as I asked questions about service in the room which had a mixture of 70 inch rounds and 8 ft., 60 inch tables. He assured me that their service was on the same level as sit-down dinner service at the Ritz Carlton. Having prior experience as a banquet manager at the Frontenac Hilton, Doubletree, La Chateau and the Omni hotels in St. Louis, I took his word while excusing my doubts. The Dinner elements, while the salad was average, the main course was really good with an 8 oz. Parmesan crusted breast of chicken served with Russell potatoes and assorted vegetables. Sesame crusted sliced bread was placed on the table cold with a glob of margarine available for spreading. The room itself was severed in waves, head table sections first, and followed by the main floor, saving the tiered section for last. As we were cutting the cake, which we elected to do to produce savings, we told to keep to an aisle open by Allen who seemed to serve as the enforcer rather than a service professional. I had two vegans in attendance and had to have a hard discussion with Allen about getting their two (2) plates as he stated that getting those two (2) vegan plates would slow down the dinner service. Normally I would not have made an issue about it if they had not been waiting for over 30 minutes to eat while others had already finished eating. Perhaps times have changed but I do remember the days when the customer was always right! Allen seemed rather defensive about everything! The average service standards are 1 per 20, The Larimore standards are 1 per 40. Due to the plating and service, dinner took over an hour. In an average service situation you have 2 servers working 4 table with 1 server serving while the other server is transporting items such as water, tea, bread, salad and dinners back and forth. The other server is also clearing items from the tables and maintaining service. This did not happen at the Larimore where the servers carried trays with two hands and six (6) people worked a room set for 240 people. As a meeting planner I would recommend this facility for smaller groups or make sure that the facility guarantees 1 server per 2 tables of ten people, this would ensure that the quality of service is provided. Overall every one of our guests enjoyed the event along with all of the elements of the facility.

Just Wow

Reviewed on 6/11/2015

This place was amazing. Our wedding took place about 6 weeks ago and we had our reception at Larimore. We threw them a lot of challenges and they absolutely rose to the occasion! Dena was by far the best person I worked with planning things for the day (our wedding was... Read More elsewhere). She's amazingly prompt, clear, and helpful, which given my work is probably the thing I value most in anyone! In our case Larimore rose to what I imagine were a host of slightly unusual challenges, which I think are worth mentioning to illustrate how much they are willing to do! Challenge one: my husband and about half our guests were Scottish so we decided to roll with that and serve a traditional Scottish meal, have a Scottish ceilidh and everything. Challenge two: I'm a vegetarian and would NOT allow meat to be served. Challenge three, my fiancé was living in London and I was in Toronto last year while we were planning this. So Larimore had the challenge of serving vegetarian Scottish food to Scottish guests who eat it all the time and a bride and groom who couldn't even be called without international charges to help them figure out how to do this. The result: perfection! The food was magnificent, they accommodated our ceilidh band perfectly, they were super helpful with the photographer and just very, very friendly on the day. We had a champagne toast in the garden on our arrival to the mansion after the wedding and they accommodated that without so much as a blink either. Beyond all that, my uncle's windshield was busted while he was in the reception, and Larimore offered to give him a gift certificate somewhere of his choice to compensate his deductible for a new one and when a couple of taxi's didn't show up after the reception, Allen actually drove our guests back to their hotel downtown. They were so accommodating it was just unreal! Our one complaint is that their alcohol vendor was awful in the lead up to the wedding. Larimore should NOT have an exclusivity contract with Champagne Wishes. Champagne Wishes did well enough on the day, but they repeatedly failed to answer e-mails, failed to explain prices, and only accept cash, which meant I had to meet someone to pay them a couple thousand dollars cash right by a bank of my choosing in St. Louis--it felt like the shadiest deal I've ever made. Thank god he gave me a receipt! Anyway, the only way that reflects on Larimore is that Larimore should have at least a choice of alcohol vendors which would force the vendor to operate on at least a semi-professional level. The problem here is really Champagne Wishes, not Larimore. I cannot say enough (and neither could my guests) how wonderful Larimore was. The grounds and house are beautiful, the service is out of this world, and the food was great (and I'm a real foodie, so that's saying something!) I could not recommend any venue more!

Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 4/29/2015 Amanda D

Perfect Perfect Perfect!!! Dena and Allen have really figured out the winning formula for a perfect wedding. My husband got married Sunday April 26, 2015 and it was the best day I could have ever imagined. From the beginning, Dena was extremely helpful and is always happy to... Read More listen and help in any way she can. The rehearsal went smoothly because she helped us with the line up, the details, and she worked great with our officiant, taking notes to make sure everything went as planned. The staff cleaned the chairs outside before the guests arrived, they were quick to help with anything we needed, and were extremely kind and attentive. I simply cannot believe how amazing they were to us. My husband and I didn't have to worry about absolutely anything all day. Trust me, Dena and Allen know how to make any wedding perfect. If you want a beautiful wedding in a short amount of time with a wonderful line up of vendors (Cake...AMAZING, DJ...SUPERB, Flower...all of it!!!!!!), take a trip to Larimore and talk to Dena. You will be thrilled that you did!

Reviewed on 11/16/2014 Brittany T

I recently had my november wedding and reception at Larimore. Everything was perfect! Dena and Allen were great! They worked with me to have my wedding outside as it was a little chilly. I had the most beautiful sunset ceremony. If you are looking for a unique venue, this is the... Read More place to go!

My wedding at Larimore

Reviewed on 11/14/2014 Sasha B

When my husband and I saw Larimore, we fell in love!! The property is absolutely gorgeous!! We were engaged for a year and a half and I always had little questions I would think of.. all I had to do was email Dena and she got back to me within 24 hours. We got married last... Read More month on 10/10 and it ended up being a super rainy day... Dena kept me calm by telling me the rain would let up before the ceremony.. and sure enough it did.. she and Alan were outside wiping off all the chairs to make sure they were ready for the guests and they never once seemed annoyed or ever told me to think about having the wedding inside (the inside chapel is beautiful too but I had my heart set on my outside wedding with my horse and carriage!). Oh and let me tell you we had a HUGE wedding party (over 20 people) and Dena did everything she could to make sure everything went as smooth as possible. If you want to be a stress free bride.. this is the place for you! I cannot even count how many compliments I have received about the wedding and reception... everyone tells me it's one of the most beautiful weddings they have been to... and the food is AMAZING!! If you choose Larimore as your venue, you wont regret it!

September 2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Julia P

The Larimore House Plantation was absolutely perfect for our September 2014 wedding. We were looking for a unique/elegant/romantic/vintage venue for our wedding and the Larimore House Plantation was like a dream! It was also important to us to have the ceremony and reception at... Read More the same location. Walking onto the property you will feel like you have stepped back in time- the property is gorgeous! The grounds are immaculate and the plantation is just beautiful. Having a ceremony in front of the plantation really is a WOW factor. Dena and Allen were fantastic to work with- I definitely wanted to customize my wedding day and they happily worked with me so that I could have everything the way that I wanted it to be. Dena was so amazing and answered questions and really paid attention to detail for me as I planned a wedding from out of town. Seriously, our wedding day was perfect Dena and Allen really did take care of everything for us. All of their recommended vendors were flawless and so easy to work with. They are top tier wedding vendors. Our wedding day was perfect so many guests came up and said they had no idea a venue like this existed in St. Louis and that they felt like that had witnessed a fairy tale wedding. We had a cocktail hour with appetizers and beverages after the wedding which our guests loved. Dinner and dancing followed in the reception venue which from the outside looks like a bar but is elegant on the inside. We served Chicken Piccata and Prime Rib- guests have commented and said the food was great! We had a great dance party with our guests along with a photo booth, cold stone catering, and an additional out door tent with a bar and cigar bar. I would recommend this venue and Dena and Allen to anyone. This was an extremely classy event that had a vintage/elegant feel and was all that we could have wanted. This venue is a gem!

Amazing venue!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Miranda C

My husband and I got married here on August 30th. Our wedding was everything that we wanted and more. Dena had answers to all my questions and even thought of and took care of things that completely slipped my mind. Our ceremony and reception went off without a hitch and... Read More everyone keeps telling me to this day that it was the best wedding they have ever attended. Excellent vendors too that they recommend.

June 14th 2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 7/01/2014 Angela K

I have to say my Husband and I are completely pleased by our choice to use the beautiful Larimore Plantation House for our June 14th 2014 Wedding. It was the perfect setting for a romantic wedding that we were looking for. Dena and Allan are so down to earth and helpful. We are... Read More so very happy with was just perfect! Every time that we talk to our family and friends they mention how beautiful our Wedding was and that the Venue was so unique. We highly recommend Larimore! Kurt & Angela Merriman

Everything I could have hoped for

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 melissa o

We absolutely loved everything about our fall wedding at the Larimore House. They went above and beyond to make us feel like our wedding was the most important thing in the world that day. I would highly recommend Larimore to anyone. Great food and beautiful garden.

Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Katie F

The Larimore House is a wonderful place to have a wedding. Dena and Alan made sure we had everything we needed and/or wanted for the day. They handled all the little 'details' and made sure things went off without a hitch. I loved working with them from start to finish.

Sep. 7 evening wedding

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 Andrea H

Larimore House is a beautiful outdoor/indoor all inclusive facility. Their staff is extremely helpful and accomodating and it was our dream wedding facility. We had our ceremony outside at the gazebo and it was beautiful. After pictures on the surrounding property we headed... Read More inside the converted barn where our guests awaited us. The food was very good and since we had over 10 kids under 12 they made special chicken fingers kids meals that our family truly appreciated. I would recommend Larimore to anyone!

Amazing experience!

Reviewed on 8/30/2012 Mary S

Larimore House Plantation provided an idyllic setting for my August 4th wedding. As an out-of-town bride, Dena worked within my schedule and was able to complete the majority of the arrangements over the phone or through e-mail. If I had any question or request, she and her... Read More staff promptly responded. Despite raining all morning on my wedding day, Larimore made sure that everything ran smoothly, so I could have the outdoor wedding of my dreams. My guests constantly commented on how beautiful everything looked and how smoothly everything ran. When it came time for the reception, I didn't really have to think about anything other than enjoying their delicious food and greeting my guests. I would recommend this venue to both my friends and family because of how easy and well-run everything is.

A little known wonderful venue

Reviewed on 4/17/2012 Tara T

I can only say that my wedding last weekend was perfect. We were able to have our outdoor wedding and reception all at one estate and the weather even cooperated for our wedding in front of the mansion. Dena, the wedding coordinator, was Such a great help, and our guests just... Read More loved everything. They were given refreshments and allowed to tour the historic buildings and landscaped grounds while we finished our pictures and then we all had a delicious dinner. The evening was PERFECT ! It was a really fair price too!

Keep Looking

Reviewed on 11/27/2011 Sarah B

I had my wedding this Fall at the Larimore. If I wasn’t trying to plan for an accessible wedding for my out-of-town guests, I would have chosen another venue. It was nice that it was close to the airport, as we were out of town and trying to plan the wedding from another state.... Read More One other nice feature was the pure convenience of having our wedding and reception all at the same place. The plantation house is beautiful from outside—which made for nice pictures. However, it is in need of a serious face-lift inside. There were outdated furnishings, dolls and old fake floral arrangements inside which made for awkward backgrounds. The temperature was also pretty warm (80 degrees) in both the house and the reception hall. Dena acted put out when my now Mother In Law asked if we could turn it down for our guests’ comfort. As far as a wedding coordinator, Dena was very stand-off and not very personable in her overall demeanor. I primarily reached out as questions arose and found Dena to work with me on things, but only if I would pay extra. On the day of my wedding, she really didn’t approach us (except to say when we were cutting the cake) and never congratulated me during the entire event. My wedding party kept asking if she was ok or mad. I guess I’d just expect someone a bit more approachable and bubbly to work in the wedding industry. Even though there were no events before my Saturday evening wedding, she was unwilling to move the time for the rehearsal from noon on Friday to something later in the day. This posed a bit of a problem for some of the wedding party. Also, we asked to arrive an hour early and paid $200 extra for that time. As for the decoration packet, words of warning- don’t do this. At first, I thought it would make the planning easier, and once I looked at what was involved I asked to take this off our contract—primarily for the tulle backed chairs that really didn’t go with my theme at all. She charged me $150 extra dollars to take these off the chairs, even though they were included in the decorations I specifically didn’t want. These are already on the chairs, but they make you think you’re getting all of these “extra” decorations for the $600. They also recommend using their preferred vendors. I would warn against this as well. Dena gave me a floral arrangement price list, but Jenny at Stems wanted the extra amount in another check written out to her. So, instead of getting any savings, it ends up being more of a hassle by writing two checks to Dena and the florist with no real “deal”. We also were told at the beginning of our wedding venue search that, if we had less than the 155 guests for the minimum per plate pricing, they’d offer an extra entrée option. This was another empty promise- we didn’t receive any extra selections and ended up paying more than $600 extra due to the smaller guest count yet still paying for the minimum 155 headcount. For all of the extra nickel’ing and diming the Larimore did, we really should have looked elsewhere for someone who would be willing to work with me and make my day as stress-free as possible without all of the hassle.

2012-01-11T19:44:18 Response from the vendor

Sarah....its unfortunate that you painted such a dismal picture of such a wonderful day! We do appreciate that you did bring up at least a couple of the great advantages of our venue.....convenience, accessibility and a one stop venue for both a wedding and reception!... Read Less Read More

Beautiful Place

Reviewed on 11/17/2011 Ashleigh B

I love the Larimore because it is so beautiful and we were able to have our ceremony outside at sunset! The reception hall was the perfect size for our wedding of 230 guests. Food was AMAZING! The only issue I had with the Larimore is that I was not a very traditional bride and... Read More the owners are much more traditional people.

still talking about it....

Reviewed on 11/17/2011 cory n

Jacob and I are very grateful for our beautiful ceremony and smooth/fun reception at The Larimore House Plantation. Working with Dena and Allen (wedding coordinators/owners), was a wonderful experience and they truly made our wishes come true ! We cannot wait to see the... Read More pictures and videos of the beautiful Larimore Estate. Our friends and family are still talking about it. We highly recommend Larimore to any bride looking for the perfect wedding and reception venue.

Thank you Larimore !

Reviewed on 11/17/2011 nichole b

The staff at Larimore House Plantation made our wedding beautiful, smooth, wonderful, memorable, and perfect ! The historic mansion was beautiful, the grounds were impreccable, the reception was elegant, and the service was outstanding ! We will never forget our wonderful... Read More experience here on our wedding day !!!

Reviewed on 11/17/2011 dot m

Everything about our daughter's wedding at the Larimore House Plantation was beautiful and magical and just plain PERFECT! With Larimore's help, my husband and I were able to give our Only daughter her dream, a True Fairy Tale Wedding! We thank Larimore from the bottom of our... Read More hearts.