The Larimore House Plantation Wedding & Reception Venue

St. Louis, MO

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Larimore House Plantation Wedding & Reception Venue is located in St. Louis, Missouri. It is a Victorian estate that was originally built before the Civil War and is now a protected historical landmark. The elegant architecture and sweeping grounds make it a popular choice for couples to have their wedding ceremonies and receptions. There are many indoor and outdoor spaces available for small and medium sized wedding celebrations.

has Victorian style dressing rooms that members of the wedding party can use to get ready for their event. The rooms in this historic home include private bathrooms and large vanity mirrors. There are also many spots for photo opportunities in this location.

is one of the most popular ceremony locations. In the center of a meticulously maintained lawn sits the stark white marble gazebo. The couple makes their way to this gazebo by walking down a cobblestone path, past planters filled with colorful flowers.

is a good choicefor couples who want a more religious ceremony. It has a stately vaulted roof with exposed wooden beams and has pew style seating for up to 250 guests. A set of windows on one end frame the couple and provide natural lighting.

is the main indoor space for receptions. It is large enough to comfortably seat up to 250 people. This facility has romantic low lighting and mahogany woodwork. Guests can exit onto the attached covered wine garden and designated smoking area.

Receptions held at The Larimore House Plantation Wedding & Reception Venue include onsite catering as part of the package. There are a variety of menu items available, including vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options. Wedding parties can contract outside vendors for other services such as entertainment and photography.

This facility provides all seating, including tables and chairs. They also provide white table linens, china and crystal glassware, as well as setup and cleanup services. The Larimore House Plantation Wedding & Reception Venue also provides a DJ stand and sound equipment. A guest book stand and gift table are also included.

The standard hours of this facility are 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., but wedding parties can make arrangements for extended hours. This venue only hosts one event at a time, so guests get exclusive access to the entire plantation.

The Larimore House Plantation Wedding & Reception Venue is a beautiful historical location. Special arrangements can be made for lovely horse drawn carriage rides and a string quartet, harpist or organist.

All-Inclusive Vintage Estate

The historic Larimore House Plantation is St. Louis' premier location for your unique and romantic Wedding with Reception. . Brides enjoy the ease and convenience of having their beautiful picture setting, romantic garden or chapel ceremony and elegant reception all in one location. The perfect location for those NOT wanting the traditional Hotel or Banquet center setting.

Ballroom, Barn, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Church, Religious Setting

11475 Lilac Avenue, St. Louis, MO (314) 868-8009

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Natalie G

I was researching venues in my hometown, and desired the wedding ceremony and reception to be in the same location, as many guests, including myself, would be traveling from out of town. When I came across the Larimore House Plantation, I knew my search for the perfect venue... Read More was concluded. Dena and Allen were more than accommodating in every way possible throughout the entire wedding process, which made everything so much more enjoyable. The entire wedding day, I never needed to stress over anything, only partake in pictures, attend to my family and friends, and most importantly enjoy the day I had envisioned since a little girl. Many people told me the wedding was the most beautiful and enjoyable one they had ever attended, which made me even happier. Between the white horse and carriage, the best wedding coordinators assisting me, amazing photographers and florist, and incredible family and friends, I could not have picked a better venue than the Larimore House Plantation to have the wedding of my dreams. Thank you Dena and Allen for making my fairy tale wedding come true.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Shlanda B

We had a southern masquerade/Mardi Gras theme. Larimore could not have been more perfect. The beautiful grounds, the southern plantation feel of the home! It was perfect! Dena and her husband and staff went above and beyond from the very day we met them to the very last minute... Read More of our event. Dena kept everything on time and coordinated, and for this mom I so very appreciated it! You want one place for the most gorgeous gardens, gazebos, sunset and bridge photos with beautiful landscape. Look no further. You want that feeling of those charming plantation homes, big porches, beautiful staircase, look no farther. It rained that day, and what I love is that they have a beautiful chapel for days like that. The reception room is beautiful, OUTSTANDING food and service. Look no further. Go meet Dena and as soon as you drive you will go.... "oh my oh my oh my, yes!" Thank you so much Dena!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Bradley H

We had a wonderful experience working with Dena as we prepared for our wedding. She was always quick to respond and super helpful throughout the entire process. My husband and I both come from larger families and Dena was certain that our rehearsal ran smoothly along with our... Read More large wedding party. She made sure everyone knew what they were supposed to be doing and was efficient throughout the process. The day of was ABSOLUTELY perfect! The Larimore staff took care of everything that we needed so we didn't have to worry about a thing! Allen was certain that the grounds looked perfect and everything was in place. Not only was the Larimore staff professional, but they were also super friendly. I would recommend this venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Robert M

The wedding was perfect. The grounds were beautiful. The photographer took all the pictures onsite in the gardens and in the mansion. We didn't have to wait for the wedding party to come back after going all over town to take pictures. Really nice. The dining facility was... Read More decorated elegantly with nice backlighting. The elevated dance floor made it easy for guests to watch the party while sitting at their tables. The staff were very professional and accommodating. We had several people walk up to us and compliment on how much they enjoyed the food. The applewood pork and chicken marsala were excellent. The cake was decorated beautifully, and absolutely delicious. Dena and Allen simply gave us a special and memorable day for our daughter. We couldn't ask for anything more.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Amelia S

The Larimore House Plantation is a BEAUTIFUL venue! And it was great to have our wedding there! We loved that we could do everything (ceremony, pictures, and reception) all in one place, and everyone was so nice. The plantation is beautiful & the food was delcious! Would do it... Read More there all over again.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Nicole M

I recently had my wedding and reception at the Larimore House Plantation. The property was absolutely beautiful! The staff were super friendly and Dena, the wedding coordinator, helped make the day go incredibly smooth. The DJ and photographer-both suggested by Larimore, did... Read More such a good job. My wedding day was even better than what I expected and it was all thanks to the Larimore House Plantation!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Rachel W

I had my wedding at the Larimore House Plantation this past May and IT WAS STUNNING! Most brides have outdoor weddings at this venue, but I adored the little chapel above the reception hall. It was so nice to have ceremony and reception all in one place. Dena the... Read More owner/coordinator is easy to work with and really helps guide you through the planning process to make sure all the details are in order. The food was great! The atmosphere was lovely! The staff was attentive. I would definitely recommend it. Especially if you are looking for an old time feel for a modern day wedding.

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Ttauri B

It was a beautiful experience! Everyone loved the presentation/location of the wedding. It was dream come true and every bride dreams of a perfect wedding... Dena, Henry and I can't thank you enough for the beautiful ceremony and reception provided! Xoxo

Reviewed on 3/23/2016

The Larimore House Plantation was a wonderful venue for our daughter's wedding. Dena and Allen were very professional and easy to work with. Dena handled the majority of the logistical details and also provided us with very helpful ideas and tips that helped make the ceremony... Read More and reception run smoothly. Our guests were very complimentary of the venue, the food, the DJ and the entire wedding experience. We will have fond memories of the evening.

Reviewed on 3/23/2016

As a military couple we were planning our wedding from North Carolina. My parents and I were very pleased with how the Larimore accommodated us and our situation. There was little to no stress during the ceremony and my mom was at ease during the planning process because the... Read More Larimore staff provides so much. All our guests raved on the food and music played at the wedding. It was an enjoyable experience for everyone.

Reviewed on 1/06/2016

Just What We Wanted! Wow! We had a wonderful groom’s reception at the Larimore House this past Saturday, January 2nd, 2016. Though we contacted Allen and Dena only a month before our desired date, they went out of their way to accommodate us. They offered us a number of... Read More options which made our final selection easy. The food choices were appreciated by the bride and groom as they were able to select something they both enjoyed. On the day of the event, the Larimore staff had everything in place and things flowed smoothly throughout the evening. The food was outstanding during the entire buffet time so that guests enjoyed it whether they came earlier or later. We had many positive comments from our guests. Most importantly, the bride and groom (our son and daughter-in-law) told us the evening was exactly what they wanted. Prior to the reception, Allen and Dena made the mansion and grounds available as the backdrop for many memorable photos of the bride and groom. Based on our experience, we heartily recommend the Larimore House. - Thanks Larimore!!

Beautiful but had bumps

Reviewed on 12/27/2015 Keyra D

The wedding was beautiful but we were rushed along the entire time. My main concern was we would not have enough time for pictures however I was assured by the owners we would. We paid the extra money to do them prior and then we only ended up having enough sunlight to do my... Read More family side after. The staff had rushed away my husband's side into the reception. When we got to the reception to try to pull them out for pictures, we were told they had to announce us and take our seats. We were also told that they would accomodate portion sizes to be larger if people did not show up. We counted that 17 people we paid for did not show up and the portion sizes were the same. I also had submitted an excel sheet of people & their table numbers in regards to who ordered what & one in alphabetical order. I was not happy that they staff was going around asking what they wanted. Why did I do all that work for? For how much we paid, I would have liked to have had more time for pictures and a better compensation for the food. The venue was beautiful, they helped me set up some extra props even when I was so tired I and stressed I almost just said do whatever. The food was amazing and the night was memorable however if we had to do it again, we would have chosen somewhere else.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Jennifer H

My husband Casey & I got married here on 08/22/15. Our friends and family are STILL raving about the Larimore! The venue is the essence of romance. What's more, Deena (the owner and your day-of helper) made everything run SO smoothly. When my mom & I had met with seven (yes 7)... Read More florists who were out of budget, Deena's go-to florist (Stems) was able to give me everything I wanted at 60% of what others were charging. On the day of the wedding, I had absolutely nothing to worry about because Deena was there and she is a pro! I was worried about it not being sunny (they have a backup indoor venue, but I really wanted outdoors) and our day WAS cloudy, but the pictures turned out beautifully. Highly recommend doing the horse & carriage entry. People are still talking about how cool it was! ALSO, it gave me a little time in the carriage to talk to my dad one last time before he walked me down the aisle. I cannot say enough good things about the Larimore and Deena. We had a very detailed wedding (monogram on dance floor, monogrammed labels on the champagne bottles, special table cloths, etc, etc) and Deena made sure that all of our details were taken care of to the T. I cannot believe what a perfect day it was and that I did not have to worry about anything at all! Here is the link to our wedding video so you can see more of this gorgeous plantation for yourself! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3WrTcRo_qg Congratulations on your engagement & happy wedding planning! ~Jennifer Blood

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Kristy M

Very beautiful venue! After our first meeting at the Larimore House we knew it was perfect. It is a very unique property and we wanted our wedding to be memorable. We got many compliments from our guests, especially on having the horse drawn carriage as a part of our ceremony.... Read More The food was also excellent. Allen was very accommodating during the reception and made sure we were happy. He also helped us clean up afterwards and did not rush us out after the reception had ended. My only complaint is that one of the staff members was rude to a few of our other vendors. Scolding one of the vendors for arriving less than 5 minutes early before their scheduled arrival time, and for rolling their eyes at another vendor multiple times while they were asking questions.

Larimore Plantation was amazing!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Kelly J

My husband and I were married at the Larimore House Planation on September 18, 2015. Besides the warm weather, every thing was amazing. The property was beautiful, the food was delicious and the service was more than outstanding. I am still getting compliments on my wedding.... Read More Dena was a huge help and made everything run smoothly. I would highly recommend Larimore House Plantation.

Reviewed on 9/20/2015

As soon as my now husband and I saw this place, we were in love with it! It was kind of pricy, but well worth it. Dena is super helpful and does a great job with helping to figure out what you need. They have vendors that they partner with, so it was both easy to choose them,... Read More and they knew their way around the grounds to get things where they needed to be. We had an indoor wedding in the chapel, which has some simple decorations already, so it didn't need much else to look good. I liked having the ceremony and reception in the same area. The whole staff was very helpful, and none of my guests' glasses got too empty during the reception.

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 Crystal P

Everything about Larimore House Plantation was perfection. They made sure our special day went smoothly and it truly did! The setting is gorgeous and the food was great! Thanks Dena and Allen for a wonderful wedding!

Reviewed on 6/29/2015

We just finished hosting my daughter’s wedding at the Larimore this past weekend and Dena was simply wonderful, she does work to bring a level of professional services to your event. I found her very accommodating. All of the wedding elements went incredible well and the... Read More outdoor settings were wonderful. I would recommend the carriage as it does provide a spectacular element to the wedding! When I did a site inspection of the Larimore, I had a discussion with Allen who boasted about the quality of service at his facility as I asked questions about service in the room which had a mixture of 70 inch rounds and 8 ft., 60 inch tables. He assured me that their service was on the same level as sit-down dinner service at the Ritz Carlton. Having prior experience as a banquet manager at the Frontenac Hilton, Doubletree, La Chateau and the Omni hotels in St. Louis, I took his word while excusing my doubts. The Dinner elements, while the salad was average, the main course was really good with an 8 oz. Parmesan crusted breast of chicken served with Russell potatoes and assorted vegetables. Sesame crusted sliced bread was placed on the table cold with a glob of margarine available for spreading. The room itself was severed in waves, head table sections first, and followed by the main floor, saving the tiered section for last. As we were cutting the cake, which we elected to do to produce savings, we told to keep to an aisle open by Allen who seemed to serve as the enforcer rather than a service professional. I had two vegans in attendance and had to have a hard discussion with Allen about getting their two (2) plates as he stated that getting those two (2) vegan plates would slow down the dinner service. Normally I would not have made an issue about it if they had not been waiting for over 30 minutes to eat while others had already finished eating. Perhaps times have changed but I do remember the days when the customer was always right! Allen seemed rather defensive about everything! The average service standards are 1 per 20, The Larimore standards are 1 per 40. Due to the plating and service, dinner took over an hour. In an average service situation you have 2 servers working 4 table with 1 server serving while the other server is transporting items such as water, tea, bread, salad and dinners back and forth. The other server is also clearing items from the tables and maintaining service. This did not happen at the Larimore where the servers carried trays with two hands and six (6) people worked a room set for 240 people. As a meeting planner I would recommend this facility for smaller groups or make sure that the facility guarantees 1 server per 2 tables of ten people, this would ensure that the quality of service is provided. Overall every one of our guests enjoyed the event along with all of the elements of the facility.

Just Wow

Reviewed on 6/11/2015

This place was amazing. Our wedding took place about 6 weeks ago and we had our reception at Larimore. We threw them a lot of challenges and they absolutely rose to the occasion! Dena was by far the best person I worked with planning things for the day (our wedding was... Read More elsewhere). She's amazingly prompt, clear, and helpful, which given my work is probably the thing I value most in anyone! In our case Larimore rose to what I imagine were a host of slightly unusual challenges, which I think are worth mentioning to illustrate how much they are willing to do! Challenge one: my husband and about half our guests were Scottish so we decided to roll with that and serve a traditional Scottish meal, have a Scottish ceilidh and everything. Challenge two: I'm a vegetarian and would NOT allow meat to be served. Challenge three, my fiancé was living in London and I was in Toronto last year while we were planning this. So Larimore had the challenge of serving vegetarian Scottish food to Scottish guests who eat it all the time and a bride and groom who couldn't even be called without international charges to help them figure out how to do this. The result: perfection! The food was magnificent, they accommodated our ceilidh band perfectly, they were super helpful with the photographer and just very, very friendly on the day. We had a champagne toast in the garden on our arrival to the mansion after the wedding and they accommodated that without so much as a blink either. Beyond all that, my uncle's windshield was busted while he was in the reception, and Larimore offered to give him a gift certificate somewhere of his choice to compensate his deductible for a new one and when a couple of taxi's didn't show up after the reception, Allen actually drove our guests back to their hotel downtown. They were so accommodating it was just unreal! Our one complaint is that their alcohol vendor was awful in the lead up to the wedding. Larimore should NOT have an exclusivity contract with Champagne Wishes. Champagne Wishes did well enough on the day, but they repeatedly failed to answer e-mails, failed to explain prices, and only accept cash, which meant I had to meet someone to pay them a couple thousand dollars cash right by a bank of my choosing in St. Louis--it felt like the shadiest deal I've ever made. Thank god he gave me a receipt! Anyway, the only way that reflects on Larimore is that Larimore should have at least a choice of alcohol vendors which would force the vendor to operate on at least a semi-professional level. The problem here is really Champagne Wishes, not Larimore. I cannot say enough (and neither could my guests) how wonderful Larimore was. The grounds and house are beautiful, the service is out of this world, and the food was great (and I'm a real foodie, so that's saying something!) I could not recommend any venue more!

Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 4/29/2015 Amanda D

Perfect Perfect Perfect!!! Dena and Allen have really figured out the winning formula for a perfect wedding. My husband got married Sunday April 26, 2015 and it was the best day I could have ever imagined. From the beginning, Dena was extremely helpful and is always happy to... Read More listen and help in any way she can. The rehearsal went smoothly because she helped us with the line up, the details, and she worked great with our officiant, taking notes to make sure everything went as planned. The staff cleaned the chairs outside before the guests arrived, they were quick to help with anything we needed, and were extremely kind and attentive. I simply cannot believe how amazing they were to us. My husband and I didn't have to worry about absolutely anything all day. Trust me, Dena and Allen know how to make any wedding perfect. If you want a beautiful wedding in a short amount of time with a wonderful line up of vendors (Cake...AMAZING, DJ...SUPERB, Flower...all of it!!!!!!), take a trip to Larimore and talk to Dena. You will be thrilled that you did!

Perfect

Reviewed on 11/16/2014 Brittany T

I recently had my november wedding and reception at Larimore. Everything was perfect! Dena and Allen were great! They worked with me to have my wedding outside as it was a little chilly. I had the most beautiful sunset ceremony. If you are looking for a unique venue, this is the... Read More place to go!

My wedding at Larimore

Reviewed on 11/14/2014 Sasha B

When my husband and I saw Larimore, we fell in love!! The property is absolutely gorgeous!! We were engaged for a year and a half and I always had little questions I would think of.. all I had to do was email Dena and she got back to me within 24 hours. We got married last... Read More month on 10/10 and it ended up being a super rainy day... Dena kept me calm by telling me the rain would let up before the ceremony.. and sure enough it did.. she and Alan were outside wiping off all the chairs to make sure they were ready for the guests and they never once seemed annoyed or ever told me to think about having the wedding inside (the inside chapel is beautiful too but I had my heart set on my outside wedding with my horse and carriage!). Oh and let me tell you we had a HUGE wedding party (over 20 people) and Dena did everything she could to make sure everything went as smooth as possible. If you want to be a stress free bride.. this is the place for you! I cannot even count how many compliments I have received about the wedding and reception... everyone tells me it's one of the most beautiful weddings they have been to... and the food is AMAZING!! If you choose Larimore as your venue, you wont regret it!

September 2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Julia P

The Larimore House Plantation was absolutely perfect for our September 2014 wedding. We were looking for a unique/elegant/romantic/vintage venue for our wedding and the Larimore House Plantation was like a dream! It was also important to us to have the ceremony and reception at... Read More the same location. Walking onto the property you will feel like you have stepped back in time- the property is gorgeous! The grounds are immaculate and the plantation is just beautiful. Having a ceremony in front of the plantation really is a WOW factor. Dena and Allen were fantastic to work with- I definitely wanted to customize my wedding day and they happily worked with me so that I could have everything the way that I wanted it to be. Dena was so amazing and answered questions and really paid attention to detail for me as I planned a wedding from out of town. Seriously, our wedding day was perfect Dena and Allen really did take care of everything for us. All of their recommended vendors were flawless and so easy to work with. They are top tier wedding vendors. Our wedding day was perfect so many guests came up and said they had no idea a venue like this existed in St. Louis and that they felt like that had witnessed a fairy tale wedding. We had a cocktail hour with appetizers and beverages after the wedding which our guests loved. Dinner and dancing followed in the reception venue which from the outside looks like a bar but is elegant on the inside. We served Chicken Piccata and Prime Rib- guests have commented and said the food was great! We had a great dance party with our guests along with a photo booth, cold stone catering, and an additional out door tent with a bar and cigar bar. I would recommend this venue and Dena and Allen to anyone. This was an extremely classy event that had a vintage/elegant feel and was all that we could have wanted. This venue is a gem!

Amazing venue!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Miranda C

My husband and I got married here on August 30th. Our wedding was everything that we wanted and more. Dena had answers to all my questions and even thought of and took care of things that completely slipped my mind. Our ceremony and reception went off without a hitch and... Read More everyone keeps telling me to this day that it was the best wedding they have ever attended. Excellent vendors too that they recommend.

June 14th 2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 7/01/2014 Angela K

I have to say my Husband and I are completely pleased by our choice to use the beautiful Larimore Plantation House for our June 14th 2014 Wedding. It was the perfect setting for a romantic wedding that we were looking for. Dena and Allan are so down to earth and helpful. We are... Read More so very happy with everything....it was just perfect! Every time that we talk to our family and friends they mention how beautiful our Wedding was and that the Venue was so unique. We highly recommend Larimore! Kurt & Angela Merriman