The Larimore House Plantation Wedding & Reception Venue

St. Louis, MO

Book Your Wedding with The Larimore House Plantation Wedding & Reception Venue

A BALLROOM IN ST. LOUIS, MO

The Larimore House Plantation Wedding & Reception Venue is located in St. Louis, Missouri. It is a Victorian estate that was originally built before the Civil War and is now a protected historical landmark. The elegant architecture and sweeping grounds make it a popular choice for couples to have their wedding ceremonies and receptions. There are many indoor and outdoor spaces available for small and medium sized wedding celebrations.

has Victorian style dressing rooms that members of the wedding party can use to get ready for their event. The rooms in this historic home include private bathrooms and large vanity mirrors. There are also many spots for photo opportunities in this location.

is one of the most popular ceremony locations. In the center of a meticulously maintained lawn sits the stark white marble gazebo. The couple makes their way to this gazebo by walking down a cobblestone path, past planters filled with colorful flowers.

is a good choicefor couples who want a more religious ceremony. It has a stately vaulted roof with exposed wooden beams and has pew style seating for up to 250 guests. A set of windows on one end frame the couple and provide natural lighting.

is the main indoor space for receptions. It is large enough to comfortably seat up to 250 people. This facility has romantic low lighting and mahogany woodwork. Guests can exit onto the attached covered wine garden and designated smoking area.

Receptions held at The Larimore House Plantation Wedding & Reception Venue include onsite catering as part of the package. There are a variety of menu items available, including vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options. Wedding parties can contract outside vendors for other services such as entertainment and photography.

This facility provides all seating, including tables and chairs. They also provide white table linens, china and crystal glassware, as well as setup and cleanup services. The Larimore House Plantation Wedding & Reception Venue also provides a DJ stand and sound equipment. A guest book stand and gift table are also included.

The standard hours of this facility are 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., but wedding parties can make arrangements for extended hours. This venue only hosts one event at a time, so guests get exclusive access to the entire plantation.

The Larimore House Plantation Wedding & Reception Venue is a beautiful historical location. Special arrangements can be made for lovely horse drawn carriage rides and a string quartet, harpist or organist.

All-Inclusive Vintage Estate

The historic Larimore House Plantation is St. Louis' premier location for your unique and romantic Wedding with Reception. . Brides enjoy the ease and convenience of having their beautiful picture setting, romantic garden or chapel ceremony and elegant reception all in one location. The perfect location for those NOT wanting the traditional Hotel or Banquet center setting.

Ballroom, Barn, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Church, Religious Setting

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100

11475 Lilac Avenue, St. Louis, MO (314) 868-8009

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Natalie G

I was researching venues in my hometown, and desired the wedding ceremony and reception to be in the same location, as many guests, including myself, would be traveling from out of town. When I came across the Larimore House Plantation, I knew my search for the perfect venue... Read More was concluded. Dena and Allen were more than accommodating in every way possible throughout the entire wedding process, which made everything so much more enjoyable. The entire wedding day, I never needed to stress over anything, only partake in pictures, attend to my family and friends, and most importantly enjoy the day I had envisioned since a little girl. Many people told me the wedding was the most beautiful and enjoyable one they had ever attended, which made me even happier. Between the white horse and carriage, the best wedding coordinators assisting me, amazing photographers and florist, and incredible family and friends, I could not have picked a better venue than the Larimore House Plantation to have the wedding of my dreams. Thank you Dena and Allen for making my fairy tale wedding come true.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Shlanda B

We had a southern masquerade/Mardi Gras theme. Larimore could not have been more perfect. The beautiful grounds, the southern plantation feel of the home! It was perfect! Dena and her husband and staff went above and beyond from the very day we met them to the very last minute... Read More of our event. Dena kept everything on time and coordinated, and for this mom I so very appreciated it! You want one place for the most gorgeous gardens, gazebos, sunset and bridge photos with beautiful landscape. Look no further. You want that feeling of those charming plantation homes, big porches, beautiful staircase, look no farther. It rained that day, and what I love is that they have a beautiful chapel for days like that. The reception room is beautiful, OUTSTANDING food and service. Look no further. Go meet Dena and as soon as you drive you will go.... "oh my oh my oh my, yes!" Thank you so much Dena!!!

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 Kayla M

I got married at Larimore on November 5, 2017. Larimore is everything I wanted in a venue. The outside is beautiful. The inside is beautiful. It was all ours for the day (both ceremony and reception spaces), and the prices were reasonable. Dena, the on-site coordinator, was with... Read More me every step of the way and ensured that the day went flawlessly. Even though the rain poured right before my ceremony, the staff was flexible and dried all the chairs so that I could have the outdoor ceremony that I wanted. We used Stems florist and Rockstar DJs, two of Larimore’s preferred vendors, and were extremely happy with their work--they are so comfortable with the space after doing hundreds of weddings there, as well as being great at their craft. I’m so glad that Larimore exists in St. Louis and so glad that I was able to get married there!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Sarah H

The Larimore House was everything we wanted and more! Dena was great and answered every question I had throughout the process. Our wedding was above and beyond. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Susan L

My wedding was September 24, 2017, and it was perfect! Not only The Larimore House beautiful, but Dena and her staff know weddings. They were so helpful! I couldn't believe when I got there 2 hours before my ceremony, that my ceremony decorations were already in place! The... Read More ground were immaculate, my guests keep complimenting the food and telling me how wonderful everything was. If you are looking for a venue where you can have beautiful ceremony and go straight to the reception, you should definitely look into The Larimore House.

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Jessica S

I just got married September 9th at this beautiful venue. I fell in love with the feel of this place the day I first stepped foot on the property. The beauty, the history, the wonderful owners, everything was perfect. I loved how much help Dena was as well as her husband on my... Read More special day to make sure everything was perfect. The foot from their catering company was even perfection. I was told by multiple people it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to, and I have Larimore to thank for that. I hope I get to come back for a wedding in the future so I can relive our extra special night.

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Jennifer K

We got married at Larimore House Plantation in April and couldn't have been happier with our experience! We chose Larimore because we really wanted to have an outdoor wedding and they have a cute indoor chapel as a backup. The day before our wedding there was a 100% chance of... Read More rain and somehow that changed overnight and we were able to have the most beautiful garden wedding. The horse and carriage was a highlight for me as I was able to enjoy some special time with my Dad right before we walked down the aisle, and with my new husband right after. I was a little worried we wouldn't have enough photo opportunities with the ceremony and reception back to back, but we actually have way too many to choose from. It was also really convenient for our guests to not have to travel in between. Dena was prompt whenever I had questions and she was so helpful throughout the process and especially on our big day. I didn't have to worry about anything on the day of and I really was able to be in the moment and enjoy it all. Thanks so much for exceeding our expectations and for giving us our fairytale wedding!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Robert B

Larimore is the best place to have your wedding. We waited 2.5 years to have our wedding there and it was definitely worth the wait. My wife and I had our reception there and it was perfect! We had about 145 people and it was the perfect feel we wanted. It felt like an intimate... Read More dinner party with our family and friends rather than a huge ballroom . Their food was delicious, hot and served in a timely manner. The appetizer foods were great for our guests outside during the carriage rides for our guests. We were so happy we found Larimore because we found our bakery, photographer, florist and DJ using all their preferred vendors. All of the vendors were AMAZING and very easy to work with.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Mari C

I had my wedding at Larimore in May 2017. Throughout the process, Dena & Allen were helpful via email when I had various questions. The property is beautiful and our guests loved it. However, I was less than pleased with execution on the big day. We weren't able to taste any of... Read More the food before we picked the menu, which was stressful. I had told Dena at every meeting that we were getting married in the chapel. At rehearsal she still thought we were getting married outside. Then during rehearsal she didnt understand that my husband & I were both walking our mothers in. On the day of she is supposed to act as coordinator, but she was incredibly unhelpful. Every time we needed her, she couldn't be found. My officiant, photographer, and DJ ended up acting as coordinators. She didn't close the curtain before I entered the chapel so everyone could see me minutes before it was my turn to walk down the aisle. My photographer & DJ had to transition between events during the reception because Dena & Allen were always missing. Our first dance got delayed and we just stood around waiting for them to turn on the dance floor lights. Our leftover cake was given to us smashed and upside down in a box that didn't even close all the way. The list goes on. It's a beautiful spot and we had a great time. But don't count on Dena & Allen to help the day of. Even though Dena says part of what you pay for is her services as coordinator.

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Lindsay S

Dena and Allen were such a pleasure to work with! They made this wedding go smoothly, were available whenever I had a question, and made my wedding absolutely perfect! The house itself is gorgeous, the garden and outside are just beautiful, and the reception was amazing! I could... Read More not have chosen a better venue for my perfect day! They are amazing!

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Lindsay A

I can't say enough about Dena and the Larimore House. We fell in love the moment we seen it. Dena was fabulous through the whole process and was always in contact with us. If you're looking for the vintage feel,this is the place and not to mention you don't have to leave and... Read More have guest wait on you while you go to the reception venue. We couldn't of asked for a better day and venue. Our guest where blown away and said it was the best wedding they've attended in awhile. EVERYTHING WAS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Paige A

The Larimore House Plantation was the perfect place for my wedding. Dena was polite, accommodating and prompt throughout the planning process. It was very reasonably priced, and the food was great. Dena was really great about honoring special requests and making sure we were... Read More happy with how the day went. I would definitely recommend getting married at the Larimore House if you want a classy, beautiful, but simple wedding.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Bradley H

We had a wonderful experience working with Dena as we prepared for our wedding. She was always quick to respond and super helpful throughout the entire process. My husband and I both come from larger families and Dena was certain that our rehearsal ran smoothly along with our... Read More large wedding party. She made sure everyone knew what they were supposed to be doing and was efficient throughout the process. The day of was ABSOLUTELY perfect! The Larimore staff took care of everything that we needed so we didn't have to worry about a thing! Allen was certain that the grounds looked perfect and everything was in place. Not only was the Larimore staff professional, but they were also super friendly. I would recommend this venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Robert M

The wedding was perfect. The grounds were beautiful. The photographer took all the pictures onsite in the gardens and in the mansion. We didn't have to wait for the wedding party to come back after going all over town to take pictures. Really nice. The dining facility was... Read More decorated elegantly with nice backlighting. The elevated dance floor made it easy for guests to watch the party while sitting at their tables. The staff were very professional and accommodating. We had several people walk up to us and compliment on how much they enjoyed the food. The applewood pork and chicken marsala were excellent. The cake was decorated beautifully, and absolutely delicious. Dena and Allen simply gave us a special and memorable day for our daughter. We couldn't ask for anything more.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Amelia S

The Larimore House Plantation is a BEAUTIFUL venue! And it was great to have our wedding there! We loved that we could do everything (ceremony, pictures, and reception) all in one place, and everyone was so nice. The plantation is beautiful & the food was delcious! Would do it... Read More there all over again.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Nicole M

I recently had my wedding and reception at the Larimore House Plantation. The property was absolutely beautiful! The staff were super friendly and Dena, the wedding coordinator, helped make the day go incredibly smooth. The DJ and photographer-both suggested by Larimore, did... Read More such a good job. My wedding day was even better than what I expected and it was all thanks to the Larimore House Plantation!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Rachel W

I had my wedding at the Larimore House Plantation this past May and IT WAS STUNNING! Most brides have outdoor weddings at this venue, but I adored the little chapel above the reception hall. It was so nice to have ceremony and reception all in one place. Dena the... Read More owner/coordinator is easy to work with and really helps guide you through the planning process to make sure all the details are in order. The food was great! The atmosphere was lovely! The staff was attentive. I would definitely recommend it. Especially if you are looking for an old time feel for a modern day wedding.

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Ttauri B

It was a beautiful experience! Everyone loved the presentation/location of the wedding. It was dream come true and every bride dreams of a perfect wedding... Dena, Henry and I can't thank you enough for the beautiful ceremony and reception provided! Xoxo

Reviewed on 3/23/2016

The Larimore House Plantation was a wonderful venue for our daughter's wedding. Dena and Allen were very professional and easy to work with. Dena handled the majority of the logistical details and also provided us with very helpful ideas and tips that helped make the ceremony... Read More and reception run smoothly. Our guests were very complimentary of the venue, the food, the DJ and the entire wedding experience. We will have fond memories of the evening.

Reviewed on 3/23/2016

As a military couple we were planning our wedding from North Carolina. My parents and I were very pleased with how the Larimore accommodated us and our situation. There was little to no stress during the ceremony and my mom was at ease during the planning process because the... Read More Larimore staff provides so much. All our guests raved on the food and music played at the wedding. It was an enjoyable experience for everyone.

Reviewed on 1/06/2016

Just What We Wanted! Wow! We had a wonderful groom’s reception at the Larimore House this past Saturday, January 2nd, 2016. Though we contacted Allen and Dena only a month before our desired date, they went out of their way to accommodate us. They offered us a number of... Read More options which made our final selection easy. The food choices were appreciated by the bride and groom as they were able to select something they both enjoyed. On the day of the event, the Larimore staff had everything in place and things flowed smoothly throughout the evening. The food was outstanding during the entire buffet time so that guests enjoyed it whether they came earlier or later. We had many positive comments from our guests. Most importantly, the bride and groom (our son and daughter-in-law) told us the evening was exactly what they wanted. Prior to the reception, Allen and Dena made the mansion and grounds available as the backdrop for many memorable photos of the bride and groom. Based on our experience, we heartily recommend the Larimore House. - Thanks Larimore!!

Beautiful but had bumps

Reviewed on 12/27/2015 Keyra D

The wedding was beautiful but we were rushed along the entire time. My main concern was we would not have enough time for pictures however I was assured by the owners we would. We paid the extra money to do them prior and then we only ended up having enough sunlight to do my... Read More family side after. The staff had rushed away my husband's side into the reception. When we got to the reception to try to pull them out for pictures, we were told they had to announce us and take our seats. We were also told that they would accomodate portion sizes to be larger if people did not show up. We counted that 17 people we paid for did not show up and the portion sizes were the same. I also had submitted an excel sheet of people & their table numbers in regards to who ordered what & one in alphabetical order. I was not happy that they staff was going around asking what they wanted. Why did I do all that work for? For how much we paid, I would have liked to have had more time for pictures and a better compensation for the food. The venue was beautiful, they helped me set up some extra props even when I was so tired I and stressed I almost just said do whatever. The food was amazing and the night was memorable however if we had to do it again, we would have chosen somewhere else.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Jennifer H

My husband Casey & I got married here on 08/22/15. Our friends and family are STILL raving about the Larimore! The venue is the essence of romance. What's more, Deena (the owner and your day-of helper) made everything run SO smoothly. When my mom & I had met with seven (yes 7)... Read More florists who were out of budget, Deena's go-to florist (Stems) was able to give me everything I wanted at 60% of what others were charging. On the day of the wedding, I had absolutely nothing to worry about because Deena was there and she is a pro! I was worried about it not being sunny (they have a backup indoor venue, but I really wanted outdoors) and our day WAS cloudy, but the pictures turned out beautifully. Highly recommend doing the horse & carriage entry. People are still talking about how cool it was! ALSO, it gave me a little time in the carriage to talk to my dad one last time before he walked me down the aisle. I cannot say enough good things about the Larimore and Deena. We had a very detailed wedding (monogram on dance floor, monogrammed labels on the champagne bottles, special table cloths, etc, etc) and Deena made sure that all of our details were taken care of to the T. I cannot believe what a perfect day it was and that I did not have to worry about anything at all! Here is the link to our wedding video so you can see more of this gorgeous plantation for yourself! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3WrTcRo_qg Congratulations on your engagement & happy wedding planning! ~Jennifer Blood

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Kristy M

Very beautiful venue! After our first meeting at the Larimore House we knew it was perfect. It is a very unique property and we wanted our wedding to be memorable. We got many compliments from our guests, especially on having the horse drawn carriage as a part of our ceremony.... Read More The food was also excellent. Allen was very accommodating during the reception and made sure we were happy. He also helped us clean up afterwards and did not rush us out after the reception had ended. My only complaint is that one of the staff members was rude to a few of our other vendors. Scolding one of the vendors for arriving less than 5 minutes early before their scheduled arrival time, and for rolling their eyes at another vendor multiple times while they were asking questions.

Larimore Plantation was amazing!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Kelly J

My husband and I were married at the Larimore House Planation on September 18, 2015. Besides the warm weather, every thing was amazing. The property was beautiful, the food was delicious and the service was more than outstanding. I am still getting compliments on my wedding.... Read More Dena was a huge help and made everything run smoothly. I would highly recommend Larimore House Plantation.