The Legacy Ballroom

Ballroom, Garden

Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

11782 Simon Ranch Road, North Tustin, CA (714) 895-1171

Reviewed on 2/21/2018 Andrea Q

STAY AWAY!!! Daniel Lyons totally screwed us over!!! We booked our wedding for June 9, 2018 in late October 2017. We signed the contract, mailed in the deposit and he provided us with a list of preferred vendors which we proceeded to book and pay deposits to. We sent out save... Read More the dates, schedule wedding dress appointments and so forth. Then about a month later we get a message from Daniel through The Knot, not even the decency of a phone call, that our wedding was double booked and that he basically bumped us for the daughter of a club member. So my fiancé calls and begins to explain that this can’t be we already booked other vendors and our deposits are on the line and Daniel's response is “well I hate to say it but you shouldn’t have booked vendors this early”.. seriously? We asked him to mail us our check back (which he never did, we had to put a stop payment on it) and had our lawyer send over a demand letter requesting he cover the money we lost which totaled over 3k and Daniel never responded... (thankfully breach of contract has a statute of limitations of 4 years so we are taking him to court at our convenience) DO NOT HAVE YOUR WEDDING HERE!!! This cancellation ruined my bridal appointment as we got the notice the night before my appt, it ruined my 30th birthday because I had to spend that weekend trying to find a new venue. I get that mistakes happen but I remain in shock about the complete disregard and lack of empathy the legacy ballroom showed us when they completely screwed us over on one of the most important days of our lives.

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Leah E

The venue is affordable and full of charm. Chef Daniel makes STELLAR food and is a gem to work with. The bridal room is large though needs a LOT of work on updating and fixing up. There is a large mirror but a vanity is needed as well. I highly recommend taking a tour and... Read More scheduling a food tasting. You will be blown away. We were able to come in and decorate early and had a fantastic time.

2016-11-29T09:34:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the very nice review. In March of 2017, Wee closing for the whole month to do a complete renovation of the Westminster Manor, Complete up grading of the guests bathrooms, new carpet, flooring, lighting, all wooden paneling to be removed... Read Less Read More

Loved My Venue!

Reviewed on 12/28/2015 Emily K

I am so very happy that I chose to have my wedding at the Westminster Manor! The prices are comparably amazing, Daniel was very easy to work with, and the food and service was exceptional! All of our guests had such a great time and people were talking about the food for two... Read More weeks! The venue looked very nice after we decorated it and added all of our personal details. It was really nice to have everything there together so we didn't have to move locations between the ceremony and the reception. The set-up of the ceremony, bar, reception area, and outside access all flowed very nicely and worked well for my guests (I also needed it to be wheelchair friendly for my mom). I really felt like it was our place for the night and everyone was very accommodating.

Five Star Food at Fabulous Price! Flexible, Friendly, and Professional

Reviewed on 7/02/2014 Christine N

First off, on basis of the food alone, this place is 5 Stars amazing! Chef Daniel, the owner, is a phenomenal chef. Ask him about his culinary training and background sometime. We first contacted Daniel about a year before our wedding date. He was easy to reach, and extremely... Read More friendly and personable over the phone. Although we were planning our wedding cross country, Daniel was flexible with his hours and always very accommodating so that we could view the place and have a meal tasting in the limited time we made available. The food was excellent. My then fiancée and I are not big Caesar salad fans, but when we sampled Daniel's Caesar salad we changed our menu selection bad on how good it was. All the meat entrees were amazing, and we received no end of compliments from our guests on how it was the best food they'd ever eaten. We went with the tri tip and the chicken with the white wine mushroom sauce. My formerly vegetarian only friend said it was the best chicken he'd ever had. The stuffing was very popular. We liked the risotto best out of all the starches we tried. The veggies were all fresh and tasty as well. My aunt runs a Singaporean restaurant, so Daniel allowed us to bring in outside appetizers that his staff set out on platters and served to our guests all at no extra charge. He also let us bring in an outside cake from one of the local bakeries and his staff cut and served the cake with no cutting fee. Daniel was super accommodating regarding our elderly guests with special needs. He was also very flexible with our final guest count as we changed the number several times leading up to the deadline. On the day of, he as personally on site. We also have to commend his floor manager Matt, who helped keep everything running smoothly and who was very friendly and gave us some advice regarding places to visit after we return to the East Coast. He was very aware and alert, and solved minor snafus before they could develop into big ones, and he helped organize our family volunteers as well as his own staff, and made sure the vendors all had what they needed.

Reviewed on 10/14/2010 Juanita B

Absolutely AMAZING

Reviewed on 9/05/2010 Marissa M

Honestly, it took me awhile for me to fall in love with this place. After seeing countless venues, we came back to Westminster Manor... It was my second time seeing it that I decided there was just no where I'd rather have a wedding reception. One of the things that really set... Read More Chef Daniel (the proprietor of WM) apart from everywhere else we went was that he genuinely cared for the quality of hisfood and presentation meant so much to *him*. We came for a tour and everything was being set up for a wedding later that day--there were white drapes hanging from the ceiling, beautiful white floral linens, chair covers & sashes, gorgeous floral arrangements (that he provides!) to bring loveliness to the tables where the buffet is set up...We hadn't seen anything like it. He is so accomodating and helpful, and you can NOT beat the prices. He would offer honest suggestions but always tell me that he would do whatever I wanted, since I was the bride. After the wedding, every single one of my guests RAVED about how good the food was, that it was hands-down the best wedding food they'd ever had. The cake was wonderful too. White cake with fresh strawberries and white chocolate mousse.... so good. almost 2 months after the wedding, I'm begging my friends to get married there and telling my boss to have our holiday party there so I can hae the food again. Beats a hotel reception any day. I'd give it 10 stars if I could.

Review for Westminster Manor

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Kristin L

I loved that it was intimate on the inside and the decor was very charming. I loved that catering was included. I loved that you had access to the venue for the entire day and not just for a few hours so there was no rush to leave. Also, the waitstaff was very pleasant and... Read More helpful.;I didn't care much for the proprieter. At times he was arrogant and rude. I didn't like how I had to provide my own soft drinks (I can understand having to provide the alcohol but I also had to provide soda and water). The proprieter also kept all my leftover drinks which I didn't think was right. Also, the day of my wedding (which was at 12 p.m. 45 miles away) the proprieter wouldn't let us drop off drinks before 10 a.m. which made it difficult for my wedding party to get dressed, drop off the supplies, and then get to my wedding on time.

2016-11-29T09:46:53 Response from the vendor

Hello, I just become a member of Wedding Knot, so this is the first time I was able to see your review. Im seeing at the time of the review, I believe you are mistaking my then GM as the prorpietor. He worked with us... Read Less Read More