The Lodge at Malibou Lake

Agoura Hills, CA

Only From The Heart Can You Touch The Sky

The Lodge at Malibou Lake is a historic venue in Agoura Hills, Southern California. We are hidden in the rustic Santa Monica Mountains, shaded by sycamore and oak trees, and beside a storied private lake. Our Ballroom seats 180 for dining, while the Lawn may be used for your ceremony and can seat 280 for dining. The Lodge is located less than an hour from downtown Los Angeles, minutes from the 101 freeway, and a step back in time from the pace of modern life. Previously called The Malibou Lake Mountain Club, The Lodge is exclusively managed by Chef Cordelia Catering and is fully furnished with farmhouse dining tables, vineyard style x-back chairs, one of a kind antiques, and lush modern touches.

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Waterfront, Country Club, Historic Venue, Mountain, Park, Vineyard

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

29033 Lake Vista Dr., Agoura Hills, CA (818) 268-0689

Reviewed on 2/28/2018 coreen C

Our daughter's wedding was at The Lodge on 12/29/17. We were the first wedding booked with the new caterer and property manager, Cordelia, and how lucky we were! We are still receiving rave reviews from our guests and we are two months out. They loved the welcoming charm of... Read More the venue, the delicious food and attentive servers. Some had been to events under the old regime and were delighted by the changes Cordelia has made. The Lodge is truly a special property and I fully anticipate it becoming a premiere venue. The photo opportunities with the lake and surrounding mountains are simply incredible. Cordelia has kept this backdrop in mind with her decor. The results are an aesthetic experience not easily found especially in this price range. It's particularly nice to be the only wedding on the premise. There is no wedding mill here! Cordelia was an absolute pleasure to work with. We had some unforeseen challenges pop up on our end and she was a light through it all. And, The Lodge is surprisingly reasonable! Farm tables and wooden cross back chairs are included in the pricing as are all the other charming and unique pieces. The food is plentiful and positively delicious! Many of my guests (we had 140 people attend) are still trying to duplicate Cordelia's cauliflower dish but to no avail! There isn't one thing we would change. The Lodge is clearly Cordelia's passion and it shows. This passion led to a night we will cherish forever. I highly, highly recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 12/01/2017 Tamy N

This venue used to be called "Malibou Lake Mountain Club," and if you look through the old Yelp reviews for it, you'll see that it is really well rated. And pretty. "The Lodge" definitely sounds more hip though. The lodge is actually an old hunting lodge. The building itself is... Read More pretty compact and the layout is pretty convenient for a wedding (which I used it for). Ceremonies are held on the side lawn with a view of the lake. There is a street that separates the lake and grass but it didn't cause any problems or distractions during the ceremony. Cocktails are served on a large front patio and the reception is served in the main hall. There were indoor and outdoor bathrooms for the guests (plus separate ones in the bridal and groom's suites). There is an exclusive caterer for the venue, Truly Yours Catering. They hold the lease so you're the only one you'll deal with during the entire planning process. Our coordinator was Laura and she was the best and I don't know how I would have pulled off a wedding without her. I was a pretty laid back bride (laid back meant that I also didn't know what needed doing most of the time). You know how most people complain about that vendors don't reply back? That's not a problem here! Laura would reach out to me to ask about various things instead of the other way around. Thanks to her pro-activeness, she realized that I wasn't receiving her emails and found a work around to contact me. If she just shrugged my lack of response off, I would have missed a bunch of important planning milestones. As for food, I found the prices to be super reasonable and yet everything was delicious. Nothing to complain about on that front. I will tell anybody that listens that the vegan stuffed bellpepers were the best vegan dish that I've ever had. And I'm a meat lover! The chicken and tri-tip that we had were also perfectly cooked. The chicken breast was actually moist and the trip-tip a perfect medium rare. And did I mention that the place is BYOB? That will save you a ton of money and is so hard to find nowadays.