The Lodges at Gettysburg

Gettysburg, PA

Capacity: Up to 200 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Gettysburg's Premier Wedding Venue

The Lodges offers breathtaking views of historic Gettysburg. Superior service and flawless attention to detail at an affordable price. Lakeside ceremonies, outdoor and indoor receptions. Beautifully appointed private cottages and a professional team to guide you from beginning to end.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

$$ - Affordable

Style

Country Club, Hotel/Resort, Inn/B&B, Mansion/Historic Site

685 Camp Gettysburg Road, Gettysburg, PA

Best wedding location EVER!!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/05/2013 Sarah S

Where do I start....The lodge is the perfect place to have your wedding,b/w the beautiful outdoor ceremony site and gorgeous reception area inside. I couldn't have asked for a better place to hold my wedding. Beth, the wedding coordinator was wonderful. She is so helpful, while answer every question you have and very flexible in meeting times (my groom travels a lot for work). My vision for our wedding was country, classic and simple with small touches of our personality. That was exactly how our wedding turned out. I didn't have to decorate much since the reception area had the country look. The ceremony I wanted it outside ( we were long to have a beautiful day in the middle of Aug.) with nature being the main focus so i had very little flowers. Also lodges have an unque option that no other place I looked at had. We were able to rent a horse and carriage to drive me & my dad around the pond & up to the ceremony site. Then after the ceremony my new husband and I were able to ride around in the carriage. Also we got bridal party pictures with it. This was a great photo prop and made our wedding stand out in our guests minds. Since no one knew we were having a horse and carriage. Over all I have nothing bad to say about the lodge. There prices are cheaper than any place I looked at in Frederick MD (where we live). I think you would be silly to have your wedding (ceremony and reception) anywhere else but the lodges. FYI if you pick the package the bride and groom get to stay in one of the lodges on their first night.

AMAZING VENUE

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Michaela A

The Lodges at Gettysburg is an extraordinary place to have your perfect day! The staff was so overly helpful with all of my needs as well as my guests. The venue itself is so beautiful literally no decorations were needed. I absolutely loved the fact that all of my friends and family could stay in the cabins the night before the wedding and the night of. I really can’t say enough about how great everything was! I would recommend the lodges to anyone I know!

Great Place!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Ashley M

Everyone who was at our wedding is still raving about how amazing this venue was, and how amazing our day of coordinator Erica was. I would repeat the day in a heart beat, it was stress free, we had time to enjoy, and it was everything we could dream of. The ceremony was outside and it was absolutely gorgeous. Beth and Erica both helped developed a backup plan in case of rain or cold. The reception hall is breathtaking along with everything else there. The touches the lodges put on themselves allow you to have minimal decorating if you choose. I also had my hair and make-up done at the spa which was absolutely amazing, everyone is still commenting on how well she did (am I not one to wear makeup). The Lodges worked with our schedule and was easy to get in touch with. We are already talking about having anniversary parties there in years to come. The cabins are absolutely amazing as well, and we are already planning a trip up there! Our guest loved it, we loved it, and we can not thank Erica and Beth enough!

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 J A

Wedding Bliss I’m not sure I can find the words to truly express how perfect The Lodges at Gettysburg is for your wedding day. My now wife and I attended a friend’s wedding here a little over a year before ours and knew this was going to be the first place we visited when we started planning ours…and it ended up being the ONLY place we visited. The surroundings are gorgeous, the main lodge is beautiful and can easily be “customized” to fit your needs, and the lodges themselves are perfect. Our coordinator, Beth, was an absolute pleasure to work with and walked us through every step of the process to keep us on track. She was courteous, accommodating, and professional. She arranged our dinner tastings, multiple visits for planning, answered all of our questions quickly, did everything she could to accommodate what we wanted for our day, and made sure all the details were taken care of (very helpful since there are so many things you forget or don’t think about). Our actual wedding weekend was perfection. Our ceremony/reception was on a Saturday, so about 35 of us showed up Friday afternoon for our on-site rehearsal and rehearsal dinner (which we did off-site because they were hosting another wedding that day). The scene was a little chaotic when we arrived because of the wedding/reception, and although clearly a little overwhelmed, the entire Lodges staff were pleasant, professional, friendly, and very quick to address any concerns our party had. We had early access to the main lodge for decorating and set-up on Saturday morning. The bridal party was conveniently tucked upstairs in the bridal suite/spa for make-up, etc. and the groomsmen had access to our own suite. We decided to be a little unique and held our late afternoon ceremony on the main hill by the flagpole that overlooks the fabulous view of the Gettysburg country-side that made for some phenomenal pictures. The reception went off without a glitch and I’ve never heard so many rave reviews from our guests about the venue, the food (we used Carriage House for dinner and Karen Rodkey Cakes for cupcakes), and how impressed they were at how smoothly everything went. Everyone had a blast! For an additional bonus, we were able to finish off the night down by the lake for a bonfire, where anyone staying at the Lodges (a HUGH convenience…we had about 75 people stay) were invited to congregate to relax and continue the festivities. We were also able to have a farewell brunch on Sunday morning for our guests in the bar area of the main lodge (delicious food again from Carriage House), which was a nice way to see our guests one more time before parting ways. My only criticism of The Lodges would be the lodge reservation process. Some of our guests had difficulty getting someone on the phone to reserve their cabin (the online system didn’t work for us), but that’s about it. Overall, we’d do it all over again if we could. It was a perfect weekend that just went WAY too fast. If you are looking for a place that’s convenient, budget-friendly, professional, and beautiful for your wedding day, you’d be remiss to not visit The Lodges.

Awesome Venue!!!

Reviewed on 12/12/2014

We had a private wedding ceremony at the lake on October 14, 2014 and then had a brunch reception on December 7, 2014 in the ballroom. This venue is awesome and Beth is amazing!!! Before we visited the Lodges we had not set a date for our ceremony, nor had we even picked a location. And, we couldn't set the date for the reception before decided on a wedding date. We thought we'd take a look at the Lodges just to see what they had to offer for our reception, whenever we decided when that might be. We were so impressed during our initial visit there that we set our dates for both the wedding and the reception on the spot! Beth and her staff made the planning for and the day of both events effortless for a slightly nervous bride. The food was fantastic and there was certainly plenty of it. I would give Beth and the Lodges more than 5 stars if I could!

10-18-2014

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Katrina R

The Lodges at Gettysburg were amazing. The staff was helpful, friendly and always there to help! The food was amazing!!!

Beautiful wedding

Reviewed on 10/25/2014

Could not have been more pleased with our wedding and the services the lodges provided. Beth is easy to work with, professional and can accommodate many requests. As an employee in the catering businesses, we had high expectations and the lodges met everyou one.

We had the BEST day at The lodges

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Katie A

We had one of the most wonderful day at the Lodges. The staff was more than accommodating and everything ran smoothly. The entire place is gorgeous and pictures there turn out lovely. Every view is gorgeous, and the ceremony site is breathtaking. If you needed anything at all the staff would bend over backwards for you and make sure it was done. I can't say enough good things about this venue! Everything was great!

Perfect Place for a Wedding!

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Tara S

We couldn't have asked for a better place to get married! The lake was a perfect ceremony site, the view is amazing, and the reception hall is a great size. Beth and Susie were wonderful throughout the entire night, as well as with all the planning beforehand. Our family members and friends couldn't say enough about this place and the lodges they stayed in that evening! If you are looking for a place to get married, definitely check out The Lodges! You won't regret it!

Wonderful wedding weekend

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Lauren M

I have always wanted a weekend get-away feeling for my wedding. The Lodges at Gettysburg made that possible. We had many out of town guests and their multiple lodging options allowed all of our guests to stay on location in hotel like accommodations. Many guests took advantage of historical location and came early in the week to be tourists. We had an outdoor picnic rehearsal dinner down by the pond on Friday night, the outdoor ceremony and indoor reception on Saturday, and then a wonderful brunch on Sunday morning. We also did bonfires Friday and Saturday night. All of the guests loved not having to drive to multiple locations and all of the staff were very helpful with any questions or needs. The food was amazing and was true to what we had at the tasting. Beth and her team were great! Beth was very responsive and helped me with whatever I was asking for. The rooms and outdoor areas are beautiful and seem to get better each season. The staff was available when you needed them, but did not hover and intrude in the festivities. I was extremely happy with my wedding weekend and loved everything about the Lodges at Gettysburg!

Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Melanie R

We had our wedding on August 16th, 2014 at the Lodges and I'll start off by saying it was everything we dreamed! I knew the moment I arrived at the Lodges for the first time it was the place we'd end up picking. The Lodges truly is an amazing place to have your ceremony and reception. The scenery for our outdoor ceremony was gorgeous by the pond, the main lodge was nothing but beautiful, and the overnight accommodations in the cabins were wonderful. The staff at the lodges made everything so easy. We were impressed and fortunate that when we did the food tasting, the lodges had the main room filled with vendors. From that night we were able to finish off the vendors that we still needed. Beth, the director of events, was amazing in helping with all the planning. She always responded to my questions or returned my phone calls very quickly and was always willing to help with anything I needed. We had changed our minds with several details including the menu selections and she was always very patient and accepting of our ideas. Susie was our day of coordinator and I can't praise her enough! She made sure that everything flowed smoothly throughout the entire day and more importantly made sure that everyone was having a great time. I can't praise the location and entire staff enough! We are still getting comments from friends and family on how great the food was, the beauty of the setting, and how much fun everyone had! Anyone that is looking at the Lodges for their wedding make sure to consider the bonfire after your reception. This was such a unique option and allowed us to spend even more time with all our guests! We give them our highest recommendation.

Professional, superior service

Reviewed on 8/12/2014 Jess F

What an over-the-top, perfect job they did for my daughter's wedding weekend. We can't say enough about their professionalism, "can do" attitude, and ability to get the job done. The staff bends over backwards to help make the day exactly as you want it to be. The event planners are very skillful and accommodating. To say that the food is delicious is an understatement. We had over 200 people attend this wedding and the food did not taste like "banquet" food. It tasted like "made to order" or "going out for dinner" food. That's an impressive feat! The property is beautiful and you really will want to spend the night there because the accommodations are top notch. Who doesn't want to spend the night in their own private lodge after attending a magical wedding topped off by a bonfire? We created memories there!

Best Country Setting you will find!

Reviewed on 7/11/2014 Karen H

My fiance found the Lodges at Gettysburg while I was deployed to Afghanistan. We had the first couple meetings with Beth via skype. Although it was a very unconventional way of picking a venue, Beth made this process so easy that we booked her while I was still deployed. The Lodges is conveniently located right outside of downtown Gettysburg with gorgeous views of the rolling hills. My fiance and I are both military, so this venue was extremely important to us. In the months leading up to our wedding day, the Lodges had a food tasting day so that we could pick our menu. We were excited to show up for this but what we didn't expect was for the ballroom to be filled with vendors. We still hadn't found our cake baker or photographer, but after that day, we not only picked our menu, but we booked our baker and photographer and was able to complete our wedding plans! On the day of the wedding, the food was amazing, the ballroom was gorgeous, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Our guests filled the lodges behind the ballroom and loved that everything was onsite and convenient. We booked the bonfire after the reception and because we were the only guests at the Lodges, we were able to relax and enjoy every acre of the property! The breakfast the next morning was top notch and gave all the out of town guests one more time to visit before heading home. If you are looking for a gorgeous, convenient, country wedding venue, the Lodges is for you!

My Wedding

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Kelly H

I can't thank the staff at The Lodges at Gettysburg for the wonderful service we received. I would recommend this to any bride who is looking for a fabulous place to get married! They go above and beyond to make sure that the wedding goes over smoothly and they take care of it all!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 6/23/2013 Tracey O

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at The Lodges at Gettysburg on 5/17/13 and everything was absolutely perfect. Our coordinator, Beth, was wonderful throughout the whole process. She promptly responded to all of our questions and concerns. She was also present on the day of our wedding, which made everything run so smoothly. We received many comments from our guests, praising how smoothly the reception ran and how wonderful the food was. They were impressed by the flow of events during the reception and the lack of down time while waiting for the next event to occur. We've even had guests tell us it was the best wedding they've ever been to for those reasons and also for the pure beauty of the site and its surroundings. The Lodges definitely has some of the best views around and our wedding pictures turned out gorgeous due to the lovely scenery. The only issue some of our guests experienced was with the front desk when calling to make a reservation to stay at The Lodges. If a call was made to make a reservation and there was no answer, a message could be left on the answer machine; however, calls were never returned. My husband and I (and some of our guests) left messages, requesting a return call, but the call was never returned. Our guests were also quoted various different rates for the same lodge and told they had to stay a minimum of 2 nights. We discussed our concerns with Beth, who immediately addressed these issues and verified our guests were charged the correct rate. The Lodges is a wonderful place to get married and I wouldn't change a thing.

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 6/21/2013 Elaine O

We held our ceremony outside by their lake and it was like a fairytale! We had gorgeous 70 degree weather and even had a horse and carriage bring me around the lake to the ceremony! Our coordinator, Erica, was there to answer our every question and bring us whatever we wanted! The pictures around the lake and woods were phenomenal! The ceremony was held in their banquet hall which is so romantic with its exposed beams and dimmed lights! We also EXTREMELY enjoyed the cabin we got to stay in for our wedding night and the free couples massage the next morning!

Fantastic Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Brenda K

We were so pleased with The Lodges at Gettysburg for our daughter's wedding. Beth, our wedding coordinator, was fantastic to work with. Our daughter and son-in-law were able to have the outdoor ceremony by the lake that they had hoped for, which was absolutely beautiful! The reception could not have been any better. The food was delicious and the presentation of it was amazing, as was the cake. The staff members worked very hard that night to make sure everything was just perfect for us. We received many compliments throughout the night about the food, the great location and the scenery outside of the venue. We stayed in the lodges, that were a short walk behind the venue, which was very convenient for us and our guests, that were very comfortable. Would highly recommend The Lodges at Gettysburg!

Alicia

Reviewed on 3/25/2013 Alicia S

Great job with accommodations and wonderful job communicating. Wonderful food, as well!

Food was amazing looked high end for reasonable pr

Reviewed on 11/21/2012 elizabeth e

We had Tuscany Chicken Roulade and Hawaiian tilapia served, I wanted it to be plated so as to make it fancier and beth at the lodges let me do it at no extra charge!!!!! The food was great tasting and even better looking!!!!!!

What a Wonderful Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Megan D

We had both our ceremony and our reception at the Lodges and I couldn't have been happier! The hubby is from central PA but my family traveled from all parts-NY, ME, TX, VA, MD-so we needed a location that had places for people to stay and didn't required traveling more then they already had to just to get to the wedding. For my work I go to many conferences and when we looked into weddings at hotels all I could think of was conference and work related functions and I didn't want to feel that on my wedding day. When we first visited the Lodges we knew that this was the place-we loved the style, the class and the outstanding service. The weather held and we were able to have an outdoor ceremony as well as appetizers and cocktail hour outside. The reception was beautiful and everybody enjoyed the night. The only one thing i heard people talk about was getting to the outdoor ceremony site was tricky because of the heels and grass predicament. I am sure this is something the Lodges will improve on the future and a golf cart is an easy fix. All in all a 150% satisfied wed family!

A Romantic, Rural Setting with all the Modern Conv

Reviewed on 10/09/2012 Andrea T

-----What a beautiful place to spend one of the best days of your life! Not to mention one location which offers a ceremony site, reception venue, catering, and modern lodging overlooking historic battlefields. As soon as we arrived on site, we knew The Lodges at Gettysburg was where we wanted to get married. The location is rural and just outside of Gettysburg, but as soon as you are there you do not want leave. Our guests felt the same way! We had many out of town guests who were impressed with their lodges and the courteous and attentive staff members. We even had a chance to relax before the big day as we had a bonfire with the bridal party and family members by the lake the night before the wedding. -----One source of stress that I did not have to worry about on the wedding day was transportation. Literally everything (hair and makeup included) was available on site. A family member grew the flowers for our reception, and The Lodges allowed us to and helped us store the flowers while we were staying there. One staff member even drove my aunts around on a golf cart to collect some extra flowers for the tables! -----The ceremony site is lakeside and beautiful, and there are a few intimate indoor options as well. The ballroom has great natural light, wooden beams, and beauty in its simplicity, yet it is full of potential for an elaborate celebration as well . Many of our guests complimented that there were several places to spend time during the reception: the dance floor, bar area, covered porch, loft overlooking the ballroom (we had a photo booth there) yet the entire space does not feel divided. -----The event coordinator, Beth, was fantastic to work with throughout the entire planning process. She is open to many ideas and very enthusiastic, and she makes sure the day is exactly what you want it to be. It did rain on our wedding day, and we had to move our ceremony indoors, which came together perfectly in a matter of hours. Beth and all of the staff members worked so well with all of our vendors to make sure things ran smoothly, and we were still able to get beautiful pictures outside after the ceremony. What an incredible view of the sunset and a rainbow over Gettysburg during dinner too! The night did not have to stop there (again not having to worry about transportation) we walked back to our lodges and continued to celebrate with family and friends. It was truly a memorable weekend and even better than we could have imagined. We absolutely recommend The Lodges at Gettysburg for your wedding day!

Such a wonderful place to get married!

Reviewed on 9/10/2012 Rachel M

My fiance and I came across The Lodges of Gettysburg on Wedding Wire when they first opened. We immediately booked a meeting to see what it was all about. The venue is gorgeous and Beth was extremely helpful. Not only does she have all of the information about the venue, but she is the catering manager as well which really helps when you are trying to coordinate! The staff the day of our wedding was so helpful and accommodating. They were available to drive us in a golf cart with our photographers around the property, box up our extra cake, or even help us light the bonfire at the end of the night. We were more than impressed with the level of service. Our family also took advantage of the hotel rooms on site, and they were just beautiful as well. We stayed in the honeymoon suite and had breakfast and massages the next morning. So so glad we chose this venue and will recommend to all of our friends!

Beautiful Wedding Facility, Amazing Coordinator

Reviewed on 8/29/2012 Jamie D

My wedding at The Lodges at Gettysburg was amazing! The venue itself is very beautiful and it continues to improve. There is plenty of space for guests to enjoy all of the countryside and it is close enough to the center of town for out-of-town guests to enjoy visiting Gettysburg. Beth, the wedding coordinator, was so accommodating, kind, and responsive! This venue went way above and beyond for the wedding and it showed! I would recommend The Lodges at Gettysburg to any bride!

Completed the task when it mattered

Reviewed on 8/15/2012 Adriane B

I thought overall my experience was good with the planner provided. i had to tell her a few things more than once but on the day of the actual wedding she made my wedding beautiful. she decorated beautifully!

Honeymoon Stay

Reviewed on 7/17/2012 Leigha W

The Lodges at Gettysburg was a wonderful place to kick off our honeymoon. We had our own individual lodge--almost a cabin--that included a beautiful bathroom with a walk-in slate shower, a nice kitchen, a big comfy bed, and views out our back porch that were absolutely spectacular. We were so impressed with our stay that we're talking about going back every summer for our anniversary. The staff was very friendly, and our stay included a small breakfast bar in the morning. We couldn't have been more pleased with this choice!

TO The Lodges at Gettysburg