The Mansion at Maple Heights

Pittsburgh, PA

Capacity: Up to 150 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Extraordinary Wedding Planning Made Simple

Located in the center of the Pittsburgh, yet completely private, our house becomes your house as the city's best vendors work together to create your perfect wedding weekend experience. Indoor, outdoor, or both....We do your wedding, YOUR WAY!

• Indoor Ceremony Area

$$$

Style

Banquet/Reception Hall, Inn/B&B, Mansion/Historic Site, Unusual/Alternative

5516 Maple Heights Road, Pittsburgh, PA

September 17, 2011 Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/09/2011 Kara E

After our wedding weekend at The Mansion at Maple Heights (www.mansionmapleheights.com) on September 17, 2011, I know that I couldn't have found a more perfect place to have our ceremony and reception. I loved everything about this place! The service was incredible from the moment we walked in the door on Friday afternoon (we rented The Mansion for Friday and Saturday nights - it sleeps 14 people). We really wanted something different than the traditional wedding venues in Pittsburgh - and we found the perfect place! We had approximately 100 guests and all of them raved about the venue and many wanted to know: "How did you find this place!?!". The Mansion has both indoor and outdoor spaces, but we decided to have the ceremony outdoors and reception under a tent off of the back porch. Another great thing about The Mansion is that they work with THE best vendors in Pittsburgh (Bill Chisnell Productions for florals, Big Catering, Mosaic for linens, and All Occasions Rentals). Take a look at their website - although, I must say that it is much more beautiful and grand in person!

The Perfect Experience

Reviewed on 10/06/2011 allison w

Words cannot express how thankful we are to Chukky Okobi and his staff at The Mansion at Maple Heights for making our wedding day the most amazing time of our lives. The food was fantastic, the flowers were breathtaking and the atmosphere was truly magical. Chukky has surrounded himself with a team of the best in the business and this will become very apparent to all that have the pleasure of dealing with them during the planning process. We found the staff to be extremely accommodating, making sure every detail was taken care of as we wished. As Chukky is famous for saying "it is your wedding..your way" The Mansion at Maple Heights far exceeded our very high expectations and I would highly recommend them to any couple looking for their happily ever after.

Beautiful Location, But Ask Questions!

Reviewed on 12/01/2014 Kelly K

For the most part, I had a wonderful experience with The Mansion at Maple Heights. From our first tour of the location, to planning the details from out of state, the staff was enthusiastic, helpful, and efficient. It seemed that follow-through was the biggest issue. On the day of the wedding, we ran into a few problems. The bridesmaids were told we would be charged $25 per towel if they got makeup on them. When the mother of the groom fell on the stairs and began bleeding from her head, she was not allowed to enter any of the rooms to get cleaned up. There was no communication with us regarding what we should do at the end of the night, where we should put things, or where our things would be put. From the time we cut the cake to the end of the night, we were on our own. After the last song, a hulking police officer entered the mansion and began telling our guests to leave. Very shortly after, a cleaning staff appeared and began moving things and taking them away. I had to argue with one staff member for several minutes about where our leftover cake was taken and whether or not I was allowed to have it! The following morning, breakfast was very slow and our orders were mixed up repeatedly. The wedding party did not have enough time to eat and pack up before the mandatory check-out. Overall, the space is beautiful and our guests had a wonderful time. I would only suggest that you carefully consider what needs to be taken care of at the end of the night, and who will be doing it for you. We were left to our own devices and felt overwhelmed and confused-not how you want to feel the night of your wedding.

Great venue and staff

Reviewed on 6/21/2014 Julia C

This is a great venue if you are looking for something a little outside of the normal Pittsburgh venues. The dinner happens outside in a tent and the dancing has to happen inside. Could be a little strange set up for a wedding with a lot of people, but you can make it work. Also very convenient that you can stay in the Mansion the night after (even though we had cold showers!). The staff was great and I would still recommend it

Wonderful Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 1/24/2014 Catherine K

Worth the price-- my day went exactly as planned and Nicole was great at helping us to plan as well as coordinate all of the vendors. My only disappointment was the florist that they require that you use, Bill Chisnell. He was not very responsive, but that was probably because it was the Christmas season. Overall, a very positive experience.

Highly unrecommended; extremely unprofessional.

Reviewed on 11/05/2013 Vanessa T

This should be an overall rating of zero. I put over $4,000 in down payment for a wedding at the Mansion via telephone and requested a refund 3 days later. When touring the facility prior to that time, the Mansion did not inform me that the down payment was nonrefundable. I never signed any paperwork that stated the money was nonrefundable, namely the contract that was sent to me after the down payment was made. I was also not told that the money was nonrefundable when the down payment was authorized over the phone. The Mansion would not return any of my phone calls after the refund request was made and responded minimally to my emails. They would only refer me to a “Payment Schedule” that was enclosed in the initial tour information packet, which they claimed stated that the money was nonrefundable, afterward openly acknowledging that they made a mistake in not realizing that this was not in fact stated on the cited form. The Mansion did not respond to inquiry by the Better Business Bureau on my behalf, to the investigative attempts of the Attorney General, or to the informal resolution attempts of the attorney that I had to secure. After six months of legal suit, they randomly decided to refund me the full amount minus $200, without notice and with no reason given. I am now stuck with attorney fees, not to mention the hours wasted. I do not understand why a small business that survives on referrals would conduct themselves in such an extremely unprofessional way. No services were rendered, aside from giving a brief tour of the facility and running my credit card over the phone (which certainly doesn’t warrant a $4,000 fee). They had been friendly all the while taking my money, yet did not call me once after my initial tour when they realized I had changed my mind. Buyer beware!

11/20/2013 Response from the vendor

I understand your frustration. Please understand that once you brought an attorney into this matter, there wasn't much I could do. We consulted with our attorney as well and assumed our decision to refund your money, even though it is against our policy, would be... Read Less Read More

Wedding Gem

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Meghan B

I knew instantly that I wanted to have my reception at the Mansion at Maple Heights when I arrived for my tour. Nicole was fantastic to work with! Her calming nature and willingness to help with anything made planning simple! Nicole even called churches for me when I found out last minute my church had to be moved. She truly cares! I loved spending the weekend at the Mansion. It was great to spend time with family and experience the entire weekend together. The vendors were great (espiecally BIG BURRITO!) and made it all come together as I envisioned. Unfortunately, we were unable to dance in the tent as origianally planned, but it worked out okay. I have great memories of my wedding reception and would not have done it differently!

Mrs. Jaclyn Harris

Reviewed on 10/04/2013

The Mansion at Maple Heights gave my husband and I are dream wedding, from start to finish. Not only is the location itself beautiful, but the staff is beyond anything I could have imagined! They were fabulous from the moment we arrived on Friday until the moment we left on Sunday! There is not one moment, not one detail that I would change about our wedding day! The food was absolutely amazing, the flowers were gorgeous, and I have to say it again... The staff was so accommodating to us and our guests - they were the 'icing on the cake' :) If I had to sum our wedding experience at the Mansion is one word it would be PERFECT!

Best Wedding Venue in Pittsburgh!

Reviewed on 1/15/2013 Mary S

The Mansion at Maple Heights was the perfect place for our wedding. We wanted our ceremony outdoors, and we were lucky enough to get a warm, sunny, day, but we also wanted a venue with a good backup plan in case of inclement weather. The Mansion had a beautiful outdoor area, but the rain plan was also lovely as well! Working with Nicole was, in a word, fabulous! She was married at The Mansion herself (before she worked there!) so she has all sorts of great advice based on very personal experience. She is extremely knowledgable, but also very friendly! In fact, since we got married, I have come to miss our daily emails! (We still keep in touch, though!) She will help you create the wedding of your dreams, and help ease a lot of the stress that comes from planning a wedding. She should list her side job as "wedding planning counselor!" Whenever something came up during the planning process, even if it had nothing to do with the venue itself, she always had great advice, and kept me calm and collected, and most of all, HAPPY! She loves her job so much, and it rubs off on the couple, and she really helps keep the overall planning process.. dare I say it, fun! The venue itself is BEAUTIFUL! Our wedding was very classy, and of course, fun! The Network works so well together, to provide exceptional service and a beautiful setting for the happiest day of a couple's life. Some things that made the venue really stand out: The Mansion is gorgeous! The Edwardian house is classy and elegant, and so picturesque. The bridal suite... amazing.. You really have to see it for yourself. The outdoor area is beautiful as well (perfect for our ceremony.) The tented patio leads right onto a covered porch, so even if it rains out during the summer/fall, you can still enjoy fresh air while not getting wet. For us, it was the perfect combination of inside and outside, a beautiful venue for a wedding, rain or shine. When we took a tour of this place, it was the first time in our venue-shopping experience that we both looked at each other and just... smiled. We just knew this was it. We had so many guests who commented on what an amazing and one-of-a-kind venue it was, and most of all, we thoroughly enjoyed our experience as the marrying couple, from our very first tour, to our breakfast the next morning. Highly, highly recommend The Mansion at Maple Heights!

Best Night of Our Lives

Reviewed on 9/29/2012 Krista J

The Mansion at Maple Heights was more than half of our wedding budget - but was worth every penny. It was truly the best night of our lives and everything was perfect. Every staff member catered to us and made sure we were happy. We were involved in all the planning and nothing was done without our ok. The wedding network made planning as easy as could be and the group of vendors included were fabulous. An absolutely beautiful venue that was everything we wanted and more. All of our guests were amazed by this location and enjoyed themselves immensely. An amazing wedding location!! We can't wait to return for a bed and breakfast stay on our anniversaries!! Our only complaint really was that on the day of our wedding, their house photographer showed up to take photos for their use, which I didn't mind and I understand they need to do that, but they didn't tell our photographer she would be there. It was a little awkward and a little offensive to our photographer, so it would've been nice to know ahead of time. Otherwise, we were really beyond pleased.

10/01/2012 Response from the vendor

We are so glad everything was perfect for you! We really enjoyed having you and can't wait for you to come back again. As for the house photographer, we apologize that it was awkward for you and your photographer on the day of the wedding.... Read Less Read More

A wedding dream come true!

Reviewed on 8/24/2012 Lauren A

My husband and I recently got married on May 12, 2012. The Mansion at Maple Heights more than exceeded all of our expectations. From the first tour at the venue, we knew this is where we wanted to get married. Nicole, the wedding coordinator deserves a raise! She's absolutely FABULOUS from beginning to end, she was there every step of the way. She was always there to answer my questions and to answer questions I never even thought of! She by far is the main reason weddings held at the Mansion are so spectacular…she went above and beyond for my wedding and I have to think she does that for each of her brides. On the actual day of the wedding, Shawn and Scott, were AWESOME! The two of them were so attentive to myself, my husband, and all of our guests. They were truly there to ensure everyone had a great time, and we did! The Mansion's exclusive "network" of vendors is the best thing about having your wedding at this venue. Not having to research vendors to find the "best of the best" is amazing. It made the entire wedding planning process so seamless and stress-free...I can't imagine planning a wedding any other way. And luckily, I'll never have to. Honestly, everything from the decorations, to the food, and to the beautiful setting were outstanding - and even though I may be biased because it was my wedding...the thank-you cards we received from our guests for inviting them to "our" wedding, speak for themselves!!! To some, the Mansion may seem extravagant, but my husband and I can say positively, without a doubt, it was worth every single penny, and more! This wedding venue deserves more than the 5 stars I can give it!! They made our wedding dreams a reality!!

The Mansion Effect!

Reviewed on 6/27/2012 Rachel N

Our wedding at the Mansion at Maple Heights was amazing to say the least. A fairy tale dream come true. This gorgeous venue took the guess work out of it for me. Planning a wedding from MD in PA is no easy feat.Unless you use the mansion wedding network that is! They had a vendor for every need and GREAT vendors to boot. Top Notch service and quality. Nicole was the glue that held it all together for me and I'm happy to say I think that I've made a friend for life ;). I also was able to stay at the Mansion the night prior to my wedding with my maids which provided a few extra memories to look back on and smile. The Mansion at Maple Heights provided an excellent canvas for the photographs that I will treasure forever. I just cant say enough about this fabulous venue... Thank you Mansion Staff !

less than impressed

Reviewed on 6/02/2012 Nikki D

Although our wedding turned out beautiful, there were some glitches due to the services provided by the mansion. Our family stayed over night at the mansion on Saturday and Sunday. We rented the entire facility for the wedding that weekend. Everyone arrived at 245 to unload the car so we could be checked in at 3pm as promised. We were not allowed to enter the gates till 3:00 exactly and had to frantically unload the cars and be at rehearsal for 5pm. We were never told an innkeeper would be staying overnight and were not provided extra towels, blankets, etc. Breakfast Saturday morning was a nightmare with each guest getting served one at a time! Breakfast was supposed to be served 8-10, but we our meals took upwards of an hour! We had to bring the food up to the girls while they were getting ready because it took so long. Our inlaws went to Pamela's for breakfast on Sunday because they were so disgusted with the breakfast service. Never got to meet owner Chukky but he was less than welcoming in an email concerning alcohol consumption on the property. We spent $8000 to rent this facility and the rooms and never felt welcomed or accommadated. If you are thinking of renting this facility for your wedding, I would look elsewhere. Food from Big Burrito was wonderful, and flowers turned out beautiful from Bill Chisnell although they were very overpriced.

What an amazing venue!

Reviewed on 8/23/2011 Nicole P

I was truly blown away by the Mansion at Maple Heights. I had been assured numerous times by the staff and my coordinator at the Mansion that everything would be perfect. And it really was perfect. Not a thing went wrong. It was so helpful having the Mansion Wedding Network to help me through all the pieces of my wedding planning. It was such a cinch to plan and I could really enjoy every moment rather than worrying something wouldn't turn out right. I would suggest this venue to anyone. I wish I could get married all over again!

4/24/2014 Response from Kathryn, the member

The owner is in violation of a court order. He is not allowed to hold catered or tented events in this location. His motions to reverse the order and grant an emergency stay of the decision have both been denied.

TO The Mansion at Maple Heights