The Mansion at Oak Hill

Carmel, IN

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

A Beautiful Place for Your Ceremony and Reception!

Ideally suited for weddings, the Grand Ballroom seats up to 450 guests, or can be divided into two to accommodate smaller parties. Bars, dance floors, and entertainment staging are all built into the banquet rooms which are elegantly decorated and feature large cathedral windows for spectacular view

$$$

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Estate, Historic Venue, Tented

Food + Catering, Planning

5801 East 116th Street, Carmel, IN

Gorgeous

Reviewed on 5/27/2014 Miranda B

The inside and outside of this venue are beautiful. The staff was extremely nice, understanding, and very willing to work with us. Everyone from the coordinators to the servers were all very professional. The food we picked was great - the carving station was awesome! This venue is unique from hotels and conference centers, but still very affordable, requiring little decor simply because it is very elegant on its own. I'm so glad we picked Oak Hill Mansion!

Beautiful setting with a fantastic staff

Reviewed on 9/26/2012 Jamie B

I loved the venue from the first tour and had my heart set on it. The wedding coordinator,Erin, really helped make my day perfect. She was able to work with me on my budget limitations, and was always so helpful and kind. She answered any email questions that I had promptly and in thorough detail. The wait staff was fantastic! They were so helpful before the wedding, and really took great care of my guests during the reception. The food was delicious! Usually wedding food is only "so-so." But their food was like something you'd eat at a nice restaurant. We had pork, potatoes, and green beans. This was semi fancy without being snooty where you get one bean and half a potato. They have most anything you can think of, and will work to customize to you. I hate that reddico lettuce, and so at our final meeting at the venue the chef was kind enough to bring me a few different plates of lettuce to make sure my guests and I got what I wanted. They do kids meals which were a big hit. They also take into account any special dietary needs. I can't have any artificial sweetener, so Erin made sure to note that for the chef and staff. They also have a tasting a few times a year so it helps you decide what you'd like to serve. You can tell this place does a lot of weddings, so they are well practiced. They do have a few rules that they ask you adhere to. Like no glitter and things like that. I can understand, some things are impossible to clean up. I was super organized, but Erin made sure that no detail was missed. The only issue I had,and its not the venues fault. The ceremony was outside, which was not super handicap friendly. The stairs back into the reception hall were hard for some of the older people. And getting down to the ceremony site was hard for some. Not anything that would stop me from going there,but something to make note of. I would recommend the Mansion to everyone-they did a great job!

Beautiful Wedding and Reception Venue

Reviewed on 8/09/2012 Chrissi B

My husband and I got married last month at The Mansion...Beautiful outdoor wedding and indoor reception with a plated meal for 65 people. Our wedding cordinator, Erin, was very helpful, kind, and professional. The reception staff was very attentive and patient (we were a little behind schedule due to photography). Although the initial view of the cost looks a little high, I calculated it to be only slightly more than if I had done all of this myself in a back yard with rented tables, serveware, etc. It was well worth the cost!!! I was VERY pleased with this venue!

Reviewed on 7/24/2015 Lauren C

I had my wedding here on 5/24/2015 and everything was beyong AMAZING. The staff was on time and very accommodating to my requests( I'm very picky and called so many times to go over details). I thought I might have some issues when the young lady that I had been working with left and moved to Texas two months before my wedding, but the transition to my new planner was seamless. If you seek professionalism and a venue that will go above and beyond to make your event PERFECT, this is the venus for you! My guests are still raving about how great my wedding was almost two months later

Great service and food

Reviewed on 4/21/2015 Gail S

Jennifer at Oak Hill was a pleasure to work with, her and the other employers always got back to me really quickly and answered about a million questions. The facility is beautiful and we got a lot of compliments on our food. Jennifer was so helpful especially the week of the wedding helping me finish a lot of last minute set up details and was helpful the night of checking in with me a few times just to make sure things were going smoothly! Great venue (especially for a larger reception) and wonderful customer service.

Happy Couple

Reviewed on 11/06/2014 Verla L

All of our dealings with everyone at The Mansion of Oak Hill was pleasant. Each employee was great. We were unable to decorate because of time frames so Jennifer took our decorations and did the decorating for us. For the most part everything was wonderful. There was a little confusion before we arrived but they had it figured out by the time the wedding party arrived. Definitely recommend this venue.

Great service, very little stress

Reviewed on 8/21/2014 Jennifer H

Oak Hill was a lovely place for our wedding. Besides the construction going on next door, which was affecting the entrance to the parking lot, the venue was beautiful. Many of the staff members were wonderful, including Tina and Chef Matt. We encountered a couple of rude staff, but nothing really worth discussing. Because we were planning the wedding from out of state, Oak Hill was a great choice, because they took care of everything for us. They did all of the set-up and tear down, as well as providing the food and tables, linens, etc. We received several compliments about the quality of the food (we chose one of their buffets). All in all, it was a great choice for our wedding venue, and I recommend Oak Hill, especially if you are from out of town.

Happy Bride

Reviewed on 7/01/2013 Christi L

The Mansion at Oak Hill was absolutely beautiful. We have had nothing but compliments about the venue and wedding! We were married outside and had the reception under the wedding pavilion tent. Positives - location, gorgeous setting, amazing food, and great servers. Negatives - We were switched through three event planners with our final one not being very experienced (she didn't even tell me when to come outside so I could walk down the aisle), we could only have the venue for 5 hours max, and the venue frowned upon 'partying'. They were very strict with the bar and right at 11 they started cleaning everything up, not even allowing us time to clean up the venue. Overall it was great and I would not have picked a different location, but the price tag was a little hefty for some of the issues we encountered.

Perfect Location

Reviewed on 7/15/2012 Kristen M

Oak Hill is a beautiful place to have a wedding and I am so happy we chose it. We had a ceremony on the grounds and went indoors for the reception which was perfect. The guests were well shaded for the 4:30 pm ceremony, and it was wonderful to escape into the AC afterwards. Great photos can be taken out there as well. Erin was very helpful throughout the entire process, and always always answered my emails promptly. She had great input anytime I asked for it too. I also wished she could have been there on the day of the wedding, but it turned out perfectly. All the folks there know what they are doing and are waiting to help you out. We had a budget to stick to, and Oak Hill worked with us to keep our event in the right price range. For most of the venues I looked at around Indianapolis, Oak Hill was reasonably priced for what you are getting. There was an event in the ballroom next door to us, but I never heard their music.

Great Location for a Vintage Feel

Reviewed on 7/02/2012 Felicia M

I absolutely fell in love with this place when I saw it online. I live in California, so most of my research for venues had to be done through the internet. From the moment I spoke with Erin, I knew that this was the place we wanted to get married. Erin was extremely helpful and was always there for me when I had a question. The day of the wedding, all the staff was super helpful and very nice. I couldn't have asked for more! They helped get me down the aisle, made sure we had appetizers waiting for our bridal party before we were going to be announced and so much more! The food was good too. The feel of the Mansion was what I enjoyed the most. It felt comfortable and definitely had the vintage feel I was going for. We also took advantage of getting married in the back, outside. The grounds were gorgeous and there was enough shade for all of our guests so they weren't in the sun. It was perfect - I couldn't think of anywhere else that would have done a better job! Thanks!!

love this place

Reviewed on 12/19/2011 Ashley P

I loved working with the staff at the Mansion. They were all wonderful! We had a budget that we wanted to stick to and they helped us create our dream wedding with what we could afford to spend. All of our guests talked about how beautiful the room was and how good the food was. I would highly recommend this place!

Reception

Reviewed on 9/20/2011 Jenn S

Our wedding reception of 240 people was held at Oakhill Mansion. It turned out really nice, but there were a few hiccups. Our guests all had a great time, but the food was a huge dissapointment! For the price we paid it should have been a LOT better. The potatoes were raw and the corn souflette came out really weird. Not at all what we tried in the tasting! The pork was ok, but a bit dry. I understand that with that many people it wasnt going to be perfect, but it should have better! Also one of the servers broke my toasting champagne flute! All in all it was a good expirience and I would recommend them again!

The best day of my life.... !

Reviewed on 8/26/2010 Ashley G

The garden at Oak Hill is a gorgeous place to have a wedding. It was so hot on our wedding day, but the garden was shaded in the evening, and it was nice. Erin was extremely helpful as we got closer to the wedding. She made suggestions and eased my mind. I wish she would have been there for the reception, but another guy helped things run smoothly. I was extremely nervous about the wedding and reception going on next door, but I barely noticed the other wedding party or guests. I think the food was good... but honestly, I don't remember. :)

TO The Mansion at Oak Hill