Historic Event Venue in Roanoke, VA

Built in 1916 and nestled in the heart of historic Roanoke, Virginia, the magnificently restored Maridor offers the perfect setting to host any event. We can accommodate up to 150 people and offer a variety of backdrops for wedding ceremonies and receptions, luncheons and showers, corporate events, fundraisers, and holiday parties. The beautifully appointed outdoor, private gardens or restored ballroom are the perfect setting for ceremonies and receptions. We are ready to partner with you to create your perfect event.

Backyard, Ballroom, Garden, Historic Venue, Mansion + Estate, Trees

1857 Grandin Rd SW, Roanoke, VA (540) 982-1940

Amazing venue for a wedding

Reviewed on 7/07/2013 Kiara R

The maridor is an absolutely amazing place to get married. Everything was spectacular. The food is cooked by one of the owners( a husband and wife team), and is just delicious. The wife helps coordinate everything and really gets rid of the need for a bride to spend loads on... Read More a wedding planner! I cant say enough good things about this venue, it is an absolute dream!!! Also, it is a great price for everything that you get!!

Perfect down to every last detail!!!!!

Reviewed on 6/04/2013 Sheri B

I couldn't be more happy with my wedding and reception. Brette and Henry did an amazing job. They were organized, professional and very catering to the bride and groom! The food was amazing, the venue was beautiful, and everything was timed perfectly.

Absolutely Fabulous!!

Reviewed on 4/10/2013 Kate H

My Wedding was small- 30 kids and 25 adults!- and the Maridor was perfect! We were able to have the formality of incredible gourmet food and a beautiful venue, with the flexibility to accomodate so many kids! The owners, Brette and Henry, were both very "hands on" throughout... Read More both the planning stage and the day-of activities. Brette made me feel very comfortable in planning our event in a short amount of time, and made sure every detail was handled professionally. I can not say enough about how happy I am that we choose the Maridor as our venue!

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Lydia N

The Maridor was an excellent choice for our wedding and reception in late August. We were planning the wedding from out-of-town, and the owners and staff made that process easy. Many items that you would need to rent for other venues (chairs, tables, tablecloths, dishes) are... Read More included in the overall price. They provide an “elite vendor” list which was helpful in finding our florist and wedding cake vendors. The reception meal is fully-catered on-site, and there are a variety of delicious food choices. There is a lovely bridal suite upstairs for the bride and bridesmaids to dress, and the groom and groomsmen had a nice dressing area, too. The outdoor ceremony location was intimate and peaceful. Having the wedding and reception all on-site made it easy for our guests. The beautifully-decorated historic home provided a comfortable gathering place for drinks and appetizers between the wedding and reception. The ballroom with inlaid mahogany floors was a wonderful setting for dinner, dancing and other reception activities. The owners, Rita and Dave Fecteau, are easily available and accommodating as needs arise as are the other staff who were assisting. Jenna Harris, Ashley and the ladies who conducted the rehearsal and reception activities were all very helpful. We would highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Andrea H

I had my ceremony and reception at the Maridor for my December wedding. I can't imagine having it anywhere else, it was absolutely perfect for everything. The house is beautifully decorated fort he holidays, the food was incredible and the service that they provide was beyond... Read More what I imagined I could have on my wedding day. The Maridor made my wedding the one I dreamed of and recommend it everyone. They were easy to work with, understanding, hospitable, affordable and perfect all around. They provided a beautiful, warm, cozy, fun place to celebrate!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Sara C

The Maridor was absolutely incredible!!! I absolutely recommend using them for your ceremony and reception! They are extremely professional and extremely warm and personable! So so helpful and you can't ask to many questions!! My wedding pictures turned out beautifully! Such a... Read More perfect location for a wedding! Oh and the food was amazing!!

BEAUTIFUL

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 Rachel K

I words can not express how happy I am with this venue!

Love the Maridor

Reviewed on 3/28/2012 Holly S

I was getting married in VA but living in California so needless to say I had a hard time finding the perfect place that would be flexible with my situation and easy to communicate with but when I found the Maridor I knew it was the right place. Not only is the whole area... Read More absolutely beautiful, the prices are great, food is amazing, and Brette and Henry are just so friendly and genuinely caring! They did an amazing job and were so easy to get in touch with and made everything go so smoothly. If anything went wrong that day they made sure I had no idea what happened but ended up getting everything perfect for our big day! I couldn’t be happier, so if you’re in the Roanoke area check them out you won’t be sorry!!!

Review for Maridor Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Berkley D

I loved the decor in the home and the beautiful garden!;The management wasn't top notch when it came to communication.