The Marlow House

Marietta, GA

Book Your Wedding with The Marlow House

A BACKYARD IN MARIETTA, GA

The Marlow House in Marietta, Georgia, dates back to 1887. Renovations have made the Marlow House into a distinctive private event venue, ideal for wedding ceremonies and receptions. The Grand Ballroom is an elegant spot to hold your celebration. The grounds are also available for an open-air event. The front veranda is even available for a true southern ceremony.

The House. Dining and dancing are right at home in the Marlow House. This flexible event space will expand to fit 150 guests. Rental of the Marlow House includes access to the full first floor of the home, so you can spread out through the porches, parlor, dance area, bar and ballroom. A baby grand piano is also available for use during your event and a new sound system is in place.

The Grounds. Areas outside the Marlow House are available for events during the warm months. A courtyard with a gazebo can serve as a charming altar. A fountain provides lovely background sights and sounds. The front veranda, wrap-around porch and lawn are also popular places to exchange vows.

Weddings at the Marlow House are a delightful combination of sophistication and southern charm. The events staff at the Marlow House offer attentive service to assist couples with small and large wedding details and decisions.

A wedding event that combines a ceremony and reception will last for eight hours at the venue. The crew will use three hours for set-up and one hour for breakdown, leaving four hours for your event. You will also have a rehearsal before the event. The Marlow House will supply ceremony music for you as well.

The venue provides a wedding suite on the second floor of the mansion for the wedding party. You can access this room two hours before your event. All dinner tables and highboy cocktail tables will be provided and set up for your event. The Marlow House has Chiavari chairs and table linens. A tiered gift table will also be set up for the reception.

The Marlow House provides in-house catering through Carriage House Catering. The catering team provides exemplary service in formal or casual uniforms to match your wedding style.

You have a variety of menu choices through this catering company and customized menus are also an option. You can have a cake and punch reception, light appetizers, chef station appetizers, a dinner buffet or a plated dinner. Buffets are set up with fine linens and china with silver chafing dishes and serving utensils. The buffet includes a carving station and entrees. The plated dinner includes your choice of oven roasted pork loin or seared halibut. Less formal menus will have paper napkins while the buffet and plated dinners will have linen napkins.

Carriage House Catering offers bar service as well. Choose from a full bar with mixed drinks or a bar that serves champagne, beer and wine. Nonalcoholic beverages are also provided.

The caterer will also create a traditional three-tiered wedding cake in a variety of flavors. The banquet servers will cut and serve the cake.

Floral arrangements will be provided for the guest tables, the buffet table and the cake.

The events team at the Marlow House is eager to share this vintage venue with brides and grooms. The coordinators know that you have special wedding dreams and they strive to make them happen within the walls and grounds of this estate. Some extra amenities are also available, such as the option to purchase additional hours for your event.

Beautiful, newly renovated 1887 Victorian home

Beautiful newly renovated 1887 Victorian home in historic Marietta. Perfect for any simply elegant event! Romantic courtyard with gazebo and fountain. Ceremony & Reception catered packages. Guest provides alcohol. Our specialty is to customize for you! Perfect venue also for bridal shower and rehearsal dinners.

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Ballroom, Estate, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

192 Church St NE, Marietta, GA (770) 426-1887

The Rhodes Wedding

Reviewed on 3/24/2014 Danielle W

Well I was just married on March 22, 2014. The Marlow House was the place and it was perfect. I wanted something small and I searched around the internet for venues. I came across the Marlow house. I realized I go right by there everyday and decided to just drop in one day.... Read More I was greeted by the owner Ms. Rebecca and she showed me around. I fell in love with the place and new this was it. I planned the wedding in 6 months and Ms Rebecca was very helpful. She was always there to pick up the phone when I had a question or a issue. She was open to when I just dropped by to get information. The Marlow House can Tailor make your event to fit you. That is exactly what they did for me. My day was the most wonderful day of my life. It was truly more than I thought it could be. I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Our Wedding

Reviewed on 4/13/2013 Shannon H

Since I was a little girl, I have dreamed of my wedding day! I wanted it to be the most perfect day one could imagine! My now husband and I looked at 10+ venues around the area. We came to the Marlow House and immedietely we were greeted with a huge smile by Rebecca, which was... Read More different then any other venue. She showed us around The Marlow House, which was absolutey amazing. We then sat down to discuss prices. I loved it because you can create your own package depending on if you want DJ, food, ect. included, or just rent the venue. So after discussing it, my fiancee at the time and I knew The Marlow House is where we wanted to celebrate our special day with all of our friends and family. During the entire wedding process, I called and e-mailed Rebecca numerous times to discuss ideas that I had. She immedietly got back to me every single time, which is so nice because otherwise I would have been stressing.With the package we chose, which included catering and wedding cake, we were beyond pleased with the vendors, Confection Perfection and Adriane's Delectables. They were so helpfull. The Food was great, cake was beautiful, and actually tasted great... even a year later! People still tell us how amazing our wedding and food were! The day of the wedding, Rebecca set up everything and acted as a wedding coordinator. She helped with every single detail and informed me along the way with everything that was happening so I was assured our day would be perfect and just the way we wanted it! Something that we really loved, was the fact we could bring our own alcohol in and Rebecca would provide a well trained and very experienced bartender for a small fee!!! All the other venues we looked at wanted to charge a fee per person or have a cash bar which I thought was completely tacky. Also, I loved that she had so many choices of centerpieces and decorations that we could use! Rebecca's idea's and visions are exactly what I had always dreamed of as a girl. Our guest truly enjoyed themselves and I wouldn't have changed one single thing about our Wedding Day, or our experience(from start to finish) at The Marlow House!!!!!

Beautiful Holiday Wedding!

Reviewed on 1/15/2013 Nicole K

The Christmas decoration were beautiful and Rebecca really knows what she is doing. She planned out the timing for everything and made it worry free and was will to work with the fact there were so few guest.

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Ashley H

Marlow House was absolutely beautiful. It is an excellent package. They offer so much and take care of so much of the stressful planning and it made the wedding extremely smooth and enjoyable (which I don't think a lot of people say about their weddings). I would highly... Read More recommend this venue. You can't get a better deal than the Marlow House.

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Sarah S

Marlow House was the perfect venue for our wedding of approx. 70 people. Many more and I think the space would be crammed. The venue was a perfect mash up of our traditional values and esthetic and contemporary décor and perspective. The space looked downright romantic with the... Read More white walls, soft light, and the gray table clothes and pale pink and purple hydrangeas floral décor. Candles were the icing on the cake, so to speak. We loved having the front porch for the wedding itself, and the back porch to house the bar, leaving room inside for dancing. Karen was very accommodating, a real doll to work with. The bridal suite upstairs was great to get dressed and have a quiet moment post ceremony to ourselves. Make sure your ceremony has a microphone, as street noise and trains do happen, but did not dampen the mood or "ruin" the ceremony the least. Inside the venue main floor are 5 fireplaces you can use to hold photos, family momentos, etc. It helped make the space feel home for us, and gave our guests destinations to explore. I can't say how much I loved this venue.

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Nancy R

The Marlow House was the perfect place for our wedding. We picked our date and planned our wedding in 7 weeks. Karen was just amazing to work with. She was always there to answer any questions in a timely manner. She was flexible as we changed plans. She is just a jewel.... Read More The food was fabulous! The floral arrangements were beautiful. The team that worked with me made this a very low stress event. The guest could not stop commenting on everything from the food to the house itself. I HIGHLY recommend the Marlow House.

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Diane D

Our wedding was on April Fools Day 2017, but it was anything but foolish to choose The Marlow House. It was beautiful and couldn't have been more perfect. The venue has a wonderful flow to the layout that allows for people to dance or chat, as they will. Karen was a delight to... Read More work with and was always available to help with suggestions or questions. The food and flowers were fabulous. The staff on the day of the wedding was incredibly helpful. We couldn't have been more pleased.

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Stacy D

We recently had our wedding (11/6/2016--ceremony & reception) at The Marlow House, and it was an absolutely beautiful venue. The house has been renovated so that it is a mix of modern but without losing it's charming, historic features. The wedding planning was a breeze due to... Read More the packages, and there is plenty of room for a larger party or a more intimate gathering like our wedding. You are able to customize things as much or as little as you want as well. Our decorations were incorporated perfectly. Loved it!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Marisol R

Just had our wedding at The Marlow House and it was absolutely everything I dreamed it would be! Perfect venue for a smaller wedding like ours. Rebecca, who is the coordinator, was nothing short of amazing and handled everything like a pro. She was extremely helpful through... Read More the whole process and was always flexible with meetings etc. All of our guests had a great time and were wowed with the decor of this historic house. Its the perfect blend of vintage charm and modern elegance. Our photographer had no shortage of photo opportunities with all of the stylish touches in every area. I can't wait to see the photos! Thank you Rebecca and team for giving us the wedding of our dreams!

Best day of my life!

Reviewed on 8/08/2012 Christina Q

The Marlow House is a beautiful venue and is everything you could want! I got married on June 9th and am still receiving compliments on how beautiful the venue was! The coordinator, Rebecca, is also amazing! She had a schedule and made sure that everything went as planned.... Read More Rebecca made sure that we did not forget the toast, special dances, garter/bouquet toss, etc. Rebecca is also extremely flexible and is always willing to meet with you at anytime. It was also very stress-free knowing what caterer, cake, and DJ I was using instead of "shopping" around. It was a spectacular reception and I would HIGHLY recommend The Marlow House for future brides!!!

PERFECT

Reviewed on 4/11/2012 Leyla A

I am beyond pleased to have had my wedding reception at The Marlow House on 3/31/2012. The owner Rebecca is so great to work with and she did a fantastic job making sure everything came together just as planned. If you want to minimize stress and have your reception at an... Read More absolutely beautiful location, choose Marlow House. Trust me, you won't be disappointed

Super nice!

Reviewed on 3/11/2012 Maggie

OK, so we haven't been married there yet but the tour we went on today couldn't have gone better. Rebecca is SUPER sweet and helpful.

Couldn't be better

Reviewed on 9/07/2011 Judy J

Loved everything about it, back drop, location, it all went very smooth, Perfect!!

The Marlow House

Reviewed on 8/13/2011 kathleen d

I was worried at first about the vendor. I picked it because I wanted to be near the Marietta Square. I had the wedding outside in the courtyard. My planner said that I did not have to purchase many flowers because she had enough stuff to make it beautiful. At the last... Read More minute I had my doubts. The wedding planner, Rebecca amazed me. My wedding was picture perfect and I did not have to spend very much or spend very much time planning it.

Perfect Venue with Charm!

Reviewed on 6/24/2011 Jessica W

My husband and I had looked at several reception sites for our wedding, and knew we wanted the Marlow House as soon as we saw it. It is very charming and has character. Also, it is located right off of Marietta Square which is near where we live. Rebecca was very helpful in the... Read More whole planning process and helped execute a wonderful reception including orchestrating our other vendors for us on the day of our wedding.

Review for The Marlow House

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Rachel S

It was beautiful!! The pictures turned out great!!