Book Your Wedding with The McDaniel-Tichenor House

A GARDEN IN MONROE, GA

The McDaniel-Tichenor House in Monroe, Georgia, is a historical mansion that was home to Georgia Governor McDaniel, is a beautiful venue for wedding ceremonies and receptions. With it's stately columns and lush lawns, the McDaniel-Tichenor house has lovely grounds featuring crepe myrtle, fig trees, day lilies and magnolias. All of these elements come together seamlessly to create a magical, romantic site for the bride and groom.

Rental of the McDaniel-Tichenor House gives the couple exclusive use of the house and grounds and allows them to choose the spot that will make their ceremony and reception dreams come true. Rental of the property of the McDaniel-Tichenor House can accommodate up to 250 guests. Tents are available if a covered outdoor area is preferred.

Front steps. A favored site for ceremonies, the front brick steps and white columns are a romantic backdrop. The stately elegance of the front steps is also a favorite photographic spot.

Courtyard. The courtyard features a raised area that is ideal for ceremonies as well. The beauty of the grounds only adds to the charming ambience of the wedding ceremony.

The lawn. The lush green lawns offer spacious space for ceremonies and receptions. The lawns allow for tenting if the couple prefers.

Rental of the McDaniel-Tichenor House is venue only. The wedding package includes eight hours, four of which are exclusively for the wedding and reception with three for pre-event set up with the remaining hour allotted for clean up. A rehearsal for the prior evening can be arranged.

The McDaniel-Tichenor House does not have on-site catering. Outside catering services must provide all certifications, license and insurance requirements. Couples may chose a caterer from the preferred list of caterers that have worked at the McDaniel-Tichenor House in the past or they may feel free to bring in their own.

The McDaniel-Tichenor House does allow for the serving of alcohol. However, the service must come through a licensed caterer.

A bridal suite for the bride and her party is available on-site. A special room for the groom and groomsmen is also available.

The McDaniel-Tichenor House has ample parking available. The facilities at McDaniel-Tichenor House is handicap-accessible and wheelchair-friendly.

Couples renting the McDaniel-Tichenor House have the opportunity to become members of the "Friends of the House." Membership includes:

• Free tours of the house
  • Invitations to special exclusive events at the house
  • Newsletters and updates on activities at the house

Enjoy a setting of Southern historical romance

Celebrate your special day in charm and style at the Governor's Mansion. Seven acres of manicured lawns create enchanting sites for your wedding and reception. Personalize your event with vendors of your choice. Dressing rooms for the bride and groom are available. Make memories to last a lifetime.

• Outdoor - Covered

Garden, Estate, Library, Museum, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Transportation

319 McDaniel St, Monroe, GA (770) 267-5602

The perfect venue for the perfect day!

Reviewed on 4/13/2015 Melissa K

Connie with the McDaniel-Tichenor house was a huge help in the success of our wedding day. This venue was just different enough and not common like most other brides. It is an old Governor's Mansion, so it has an old-time feel on the inside with a lot of historic pictures and... Read More furniture. The outside lawn is absolutely beautiful and they had fresh pine straw brought in, fresh ferns, and had the grass tended to 2 days before our wedding to make it perfect. They allowed us to come in the day before the wedding to drop off all of our decorations and actually set up most everything. We were also able to have our rental company drop off the tables and chairs the day before. Connie was wonderful about letting us come out as many times as we needed to try out different decoration ideas and answer any questions that we had. This venue also gives you free range of having whatever vendors and catering you want. They do give you ideas of vendors they use often, but they are not mandatory vendors. I felt like this was a huge weight off of my shoulders to be able to price, and then pick and choose what I really wanted for my wedding day. I would whole-heartedly recommend this venue to every other soon-to-be bride I meet. It was definitely the perfect venue for the perfect day!

2015-04-15T09:28:25 Response from the vendor

Your wedding day was absolutely spectacular. We thoroughly enjoyed working with you to help make your special day memorable. We are so excited for you and Rhett and wish you a long happy life together. Love the picture of you in your beautiful wedding dress... Read Less Read More

Overflowing with Southern Charm and Grace

Reviewed on 9/06/2014

For the bride dreaming of a place that captures the charm that the Old South had to offer, the McDaniel-Tichenor House is the perfect venue. My daughter and her groom chose the area behind the home, "Between the Hedges." Their wedding was held there recently on an August... Read More evening at 6:00, and the massive trees on the western part of the property provided a pleasant, shaded site for the ceremony. The home is absolutely beautiful, both inside and out. It offers numerous, magnificent backdrops that photographers crave. We had right at 250 guests and the home allowed a very nice flow as people went through the dinner buffet line. The staff was so kind, and each of the ladies offered smiles along the way to help me de-stress! During the planning stages, Connie offered reminders for the tiniest of details to prevent last-minute frustration. This was extremely helpful since we live about an hour and a half from Monroe. Also, I needed to find a local caterer, wedding rental company, and a hotel. I used Connie’s referrals, and was pleased with all three. I highly recommend that you consider The McDaniel-Tichenor House for its elegance, tranquility, and charm.

2015-02-10T14:50:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review, Leigh. We loved getting to know your sweet family. The pictures from the wedding were gorgeous. Tell Tori and Zack we wish them the best. Thank you for choosing the McDaniel-Tichenor House.

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Heather V

Not only did we love this venue, but so many of our family and friends were very impressed with it as well. Connie was a pleasure to work with starting with the tour all the way up to holding on to forgotten items for us after the wedding for us to come pick up. We had a Star... Read More Wars themed wedding which was a great contrast to the historical site and house. And when the weather did dampen our reception a little, there was still plenty of room inside the house, under the back portico, the wellhouse and the tent that was provided as part of our package. Speaking of packages - I found this venue to be VERY budget friendly for what you get and you can choose from pretty much winging all your vendors to having all the vendors arranged for you and even a package in-between (which is what we used). There was ample space inside for all the getting ready needs, we could use the kitchen area the day of for storing refreshments for our wedding party and families so they had something to drink and/or snack on if they needed it. And the overall beauty of the house and grounds was just perfect for what we wanted. I highly recommend that couples check this venue out - I think you will be just as impressed as we were!

Reviewed on 5/11/2016

I can't say enough good things about McDaniel-Tichenor House. The setting was amazing and the staff was so helpful. The house and the grounds are beautifully maintained. I would highly recommend this venue for any number of event possibilities.

Reviewed on 4/29/2016

We are so grateful to the excellent staff at the McDaniel-Tichenor House. Every member of the staff was so hospitable that they made this historic house feel like a home. Working seamlessly with our wedding coordinator and vendors, the expert staff enabled me (the mother of the... Read More bride) to truly enjoy what could have been a very stressful weekend. The house and the grounds were the perfect backdrop for my daughter and son-in-law's (Noel Byers Carter and Caleb Carter) wedding on April 2, 2016. Everything was in full bloom, and it was magnificent! Although everything is very elegant, it is also very relaxed and peaceful. Many of our guests loved taking a break from the festivities to tour this wonderfully preserved and restored historic home. This landmark and its staff are truly one of Georgia's treasures.

2016-05-12T10:56:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words about the McDaniel-Tichenor House. We truly enjoyed hosting your wedding and so honored to be your choice venue. It was so beautiful and we are very pleased it will be a most special day to remember. We... Read Less Read More

Classically Elegant

Reviewed on 8/05/2014 Kristen

Absolutely loved the house!Fit well with my classically elegant, vintage theme. No need for many decorations, it shows itself.

2015-02-10T14:53:11 Response from the vendor

Kristen, your wedding was absolutely gorgeous. We loved your setup and theme. We wish you and Andrew many, many blessed year together. Thank you for choosing the McDaniel-Tichenor House.

Meet The Manager

Connie New

I love working with bride's from meeting them for the first time and working with them through the wedding planning process to the successful completion. I'm honored to see the huge smile on her face as she walks down the aisle and know I had the privilege of sharing this special day with the newlywed couple. I've been working in the wedding industry for ten years and feel blessed to be able to work with so many wonderful people. I'm here to help you have the most successful and historic event and enjoy the bonus of getting to know you and your special someone and all families involved.