The Meadows At Marshdale

Barn, Mountain

Planning

27826 Alabraska Lane, Evergreen, CO (303) 674-1838

Reviewed on 4/15/2017 Stephanie F

If your guests live in Evergreen, this would be a good location. People coming from out of town should all have driver's if they want to drink and get down to the closest hotel. Or you rent the local senior day care bus. Tour was good, need 1yr. ahead booking. Prices going up in... Read More 2018. Poor communication and response via email.

2017-04-15T22:37:18 Response from the vendor

Stephanie Foust, Our email archives reveal you first contacted us via our website's contact form at 11:42am on 12/31/16. We responded on 1/1/17 at 8:58 a.m. (this was a holiday AND a Sunday). On Jan 2nd at 11:53am, you requested a tour on Saturday the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Lindsay K

We absolutely loved our wedding in the Red Barn at Marshdale Meadows! This venue is truly a hidden gem. With breathtaking views, a perfect combination of the Colorado mountain experience, an aspen grove, and a beautiful rustic barn, it held everything we were looking for and... Read More more! The owners were wonderful to work with and were happy to accommodate our needs. The venue is also very affordable, while not lacking whatsoever in beauty and charm. We received many compliments from friends and family about our venue and would get married here all over again if we could! We will continue to recommend the Red Barn to anyone looking for a lovely mountain wedding.

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Jenna N

We got married at the Grandview Terrace, which is no longer available for weddings, but it was absolutely beautiful and the wedding day went perfectly thanks in no small part to Tammy. She has worked with the venue for years with 2 different owners and when we had our walk... Read More through she and my caterer made sure every detail was covered and put my mind at ease. The location and working with Tammy was great, but poor communication due to a transition in ownership after we signed our contract caused a fair amount of stress before and after the wedding. The venue is incredible and we had a blast, but I would advise you to carefully read all the fine print in your contract!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Heather C

I just had a wedding at the Barn, and I had a FABULOUS experience! They were so great at communicating with me throughout the entire process, and always answered my emails in a timely manner. I appreciated that they took the time to a do walk-through of the entire event with me... Read More and my fiancee weeks in advance- I knew they had the same vision/plan for the evening in their heads as I did, and it gave me great peace of mind. My fiancee and I loved the feel of this space, it has such a chill vibe that was perfect for the "rustic chic" thing we were going for. Since it has 3 separate spaces, we had a ton of friends on the dance floor, while our older family could hang out upstairs and talk/catch up. I would recommend getting some kind of a wedding coordinator for this space, since it has 3 levels-having someone to move the evening along helped immensely. Lisa and Steve really know their stuff, and it showed on the day of our wedding. I will always have positive memories of the Red Barn, and wouldn't have had our day any other way!!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Savannah P

We got married at The Meadows at Marshdale this summer and had an amazing experience. When searching for the venue, I made some calls and was unable to get a hold of anyone. However, Steve called me back personally to apologize for missing the call and we set up a time right... Read More then to tour the venue! His response felt personal and we definitely felt that they valued us and any new business. We toured the venue right before Thanksgiving and immediately fell in love with the area and the sweet, down to earth owners. The other venues we toured seemed so staged, but the Meadows was authentic, cozy, and it was a perfect fit for our needs. The venue is under new(ish) ownership, so they were very good about working with us through any confusion and being flexible. Our only complaint was that sometimes there were some breaks in communication that caused confusion, but they were always excellent about making things right and their facilities coordinator is a doll. The venue is beautiful and tucked away in the gorgeous mountains. The whole day felt like we were secluded in a world of our own, so it was great. All of our guests loved the venue and made a point to tell us so! As Evergreen is a small town, we recommend to engaged couples that you all book your room reservations (and recommend that to your guests) as early as possible! They tend to fill up quick. :) The Meadows also doesn't hold you to any strict catering or alcohol contracts, so you are allowed to bring in the alcohol and catering of your choice. Much appreciated and cost effective! The layout of the barn was ideal as guests could filter in an out as they pleased. There was tons of room for the kiddos to be outside playing and those hanging by the outdoor bar were still able to see inside and be a part of what was going on! Overall, such a great experience. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 2/16/2016 Kelsey W

We got married at the Red Barn at the Meadows of Marshdale on 12/31/15. Overall, we had an extremely positive experience with this venue. Sure, their management is fairly new and still getting the hang of things, but they were responsive to our calls and emails and were... Read More extremely flexible with our budget. The couple that runs the venue are really nice people and did whatever they could to help our wedding run smoothly. With that being said, they could probably use another staff member or two to help with coordination the day of. We were lucky enough to have a wedding coordinator that did most of the work for us. I would say that if you're prepared to do a lot of the set-up yourself, this venue is a steal. They allow you to bring in your own alcohol and catering which can save you a ton of money, the location is picturesque, and the owners are flexible and willing to work with you. Definitely a great place to get married!

Reviewed on 12/24/2015 Erin S

The Mountainside Arbor and Red Barn provided an absolutely gorgeous backdrop for our outdoor ceremony and wedding reception. The outdoor ceremony site was so pretty for our October wedding with the golden aspens. The Red Barn was intimate and provided everything we wanted for... Read More our reception of 100 guests. We had dinner on the two upper levels and dancing and cake in the lower level. All of our guests loved the setting as well, especially the guests who were not from Colorado and don't often get a chance to be up in the mountains. We were very pleased with The Meadows at Marshdale and highly recommend checking it out if you want your wedding in the mountains!

Reviewed on 12/17/2015 Melissa C

Wow, what an incredible place to get married! My husband and I were so lucky to find such an affordable, beautiful, welcoming venue for our September mountain wedding. Lisa and Steve were so friendly and helpful, and were very flexible with last-minute issues. We got married in... Read More the meadow, and it was the perfect size for our guests - the mountain view was absolutely gorgeous! There were electrical outlets in the meadow and along the patios, which were very useful. There are only two bathrooms, so lines can form quickly, but the venue is great for smaller weddings! Would definitely recommend this wonderful venue if you love the mountains and want a rustic and charming wedding. We wouldn't have chosen any other venue!

Reviewed on 12/16/2015

Everyone at our wedding loved the venue and the Red Barn was perfect for our rustic wedding. Lisa and Steve were very helpful and down to earth, they worked with us a lot . I wouldn't have chosen any other venue.

Beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Monet M

The Meadows at Marshdale was absolutely beautiful! The red barn fit perfectly in with my vintage-rustic wedding theme. The service was also phenomenal! Tammy (the woman that I was in contact with) was so helpful with any questions that I had and always responded to e-mails... Read More within a day or two. If you are searching for a beautiful mountain venue, definitely take a look at The Meadows at Marshdale!

Gorgeous Venue

Reviewed on 8/28/2014 Mandy M

My Fiance and I fell in love with this venue, it was the perfect place for our Mountain Wedding. Our biggest complaint would be communication. We met with two different people, the first we met at our initial viewing of the venue and the other at the final walk through before... Read More the wedding. There were a couple miscommunications over length of rental and linens between the two parties. They were also a little hard to get ahold of and often times took a long time to return phone calls and emails. However, they were very pleasant once you got into contact with them and they were excellent at solving problems and worked with us through the prior miscommunications.

Unforgettable Location!

Reviewed on 11/13/2013 Katie F

The people at the Meadows at Marshdale were amazing. Organized, calm, fun, and kind. They made our wedding perfect. It was a dream location for a true Colorado Mountain wedding and we could not have asked for a better experience. This was not a typical "wedding farm" where... Read More there were other events at the same time. This location made us feel special on our day.

Rustic Colorado Wedding

Reviewed on 10/13/2013 Kate C

This was the cute little red barn I was looking for. All of out out of town guests were so thrilled by the "colorado" experience. The only thing I wish is that I had coordinated with the morning wedding and shared decor. They have a ton of weddings up there, so does not hurt... Read More to ask if there is someone else on your day/weekend.

Spectacular Rustic Barn Wedding in Evergreen, CO

Reviewed on 7/17/2013 Linze H

We wanted a cool, outdoor/barn wedding and we found exactly what we were looking for at the Red Barn at the Meadows of Marshdale. It was an amazing night and a lot of it was due to Joe, one of the employees of Meadows of Marshdale. He was there to help with anything and... Read More everything and the day went off without a hitch. Tammy - the main person in dealin with setting up times to meet and payments was always very nice and returned my phone calls and emails in the same day. I felt that I got every penny's worth!

Beautiful venue

Reviewed on 9/16/2012 Ellen K

This was a beautiful venue for our wedding and we got a lot of compliments on the setting. It was casual but beautiful. We would recommend it to others with the caveat that you have to coordinate all your own vendors, so having a wedding coordinator might be helpful. We didn't... Read More have one and it got pretty complicated.

Country Mountain Wedding

Reviewed on 7/04/2012 Danielle L

This is the perfect mountain spot with a cute red barn for the reception. Barn is already decorated and the field makes for amazing pictures. Tammi and Joe were very helpful, they work there. They also have houses to rent on the property which is very convenient. Very private... Read More and a good price

Meadows at Marshdale - Red Barn - Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/12/2011 Sarah R

When my fiance and I started thinking about places to have our wedding and reception, we decided we wanted a mini-destination wedding. We wanted a mountain setting, but decided against having it too far in the mountains (Breckenridge, Keystone, Beaver Creek, etc), so that more... Read More of our guests could easily access our venue and attend. We looked at several places near Ken Caryl Ranch, Genessee, and Morrison but we didn't fall in love with any of them. Then we came across The Meadows at Marshdale - Red Barn & Mountainside Arbor - we fell in love IMMEDIATELY! Situated about 3 miles past Evergreen Lake in Evergreen, it had the mountain feel we wanted. It sat off the main road so there was very little traffic noise if any at all. It had a very private feeling which was nice because we knew we weren't disturbing anyone nearby. The Barn is gorgeous, both inside and out. There are white Christmas lights all over the place outside which makes it just beautiful at night. Inside, there are also white Christmas lights all over the place so we didn't have to worry about bringing in any extra lighting. The Barn has such an intimate feel yet can still hold over 100 people also something on our 'must have' list. The max capacity is 125, but I wouldn't recommend trying to fit 125 people in the Barn. We had just around 100 and that seemed perfect and not too crammed. We also really liked that there were 3 levels to the Barn: the loft, the main level, and the basement level where the dance floor is located. We felt that if our guests didn't want to be near the music, they could go upstairs and visit or step outside and enjoy the fresh Colorado air. We had to do very little decorating which was a huge help as well. The staff keep the Barn very well maintained and were great to work with. Tammy and Joe were always prompt on answering any of our questions and helped us through every step of the planning. I would highly recommend The Meadows at Marshdale - Red Barn and Mountainside Arbor to anyone. It was just perfect for us and our guests are still raving about how great of a venue it was.

Beautiful view

Reviewed on 10/06/2011 Brenda C

We had our wedding at The Meadows at Marshdale terrace location (not the red barn). The terrace has a beautiful view of the mountains and works well for smaller weddings (around 100 people or so). It is a newer site for the location (opened last summer) so there is not a lot of... Read More past history to go off of for ideas on what a wedding there actually looks like. However, the staff is helpful and it gives you an opportunity to be creative. The venue is also affordable but you will need to add in costs for tents, chairs, and such if you need more than they have on-site.

Exceptional Venue

Reviewed on 10/05/2011 Michelle J

The venue was wonderful. They were so helpful throughout the whole process, very easy to work with. Just before the outdoor ceremony it rained a little, so they helped us wipe down all of the seats with a towel. Our guests loved the site and we have heard numerous comments... Read More on how beautiful the site was. It was just what we were looking for, an intimate setting in the mountains with a beautiful mountain backdrop. I can't say enough good things about the site, we loved working with them and our wedding turned out so beautiful!

Beautiful and convenient...

Reviewed on 9/08/2011 Katie M

We rented out the entire property for our wedding this August (2 rental houses, terrace for ceremony, and barn for reception) Tammy and Joe were excellent! Day of- Joe did everything from finding a new CD player when our ceremony music would not play on the one they had to... Read More rescuing our silk flowers arrangements left behind on the terrace when it started to shower while we were having pictures taken. We are not from the area, and the staff was SO helpful with all of our questions about other vendors, the local area, etc. Another perk - so close to Denver that our extended family could fly in easily. But still far enough away from the city that we had amazing views of the mountains and the meadows. Wish I could post a picture - it could not have been more beautiful. The Barn itself is adorable and rustic. Built just for special events like weddings... So many details that really made it special. Sound system in the dining area, lots of beautiful lights already put up and ready to go... Little red lanterns, hurricane glass and berry wreath centerpieces available for you to use... and a GORGEOUS chandelier hanging right above everything! It was everything we could have wanted for our outdoor Colorado mountain wedding.

The Scenery your looking for

Reviewed on 7/19/2011 James K

If your looking for the mountainesque scenery for your special event with flexibility of indoors / outdoors functions in close proximity this is your place, The only part I wish was better was the length of time a "typical" reservation has access to the property

Great Wedding Location

Reviewed on 11/16/2010 Lindsay M

We rented out the entire Meadows property, including both houses and the Red Barn, for our wedding week in August. It was the perfect spot for our wedding with many out of town guests. We also rented out the Bear's Inn across the street for our guests. The Gatehouse property was... Read More a great dual purpose location for the bridal party as well as for our informal rehearsal dinner the night before our wedding. Tammy at the Meadows at Marshdale was very easy to work with and beyond accommodating to my needs and my guests' needs. She was also very responsive to all my questions and concerns in the months, weeks and days leading up to the wedding. I would recommend this location to anyone who would like a beautiful location in Colorado, not too far from Denver, with lots of space for wedding guests and the bridal party.

Perfect Colorado Setting!

Reviewed on 10/23/2010 Jennifer T

A great location to have a ceremony outside, and then continue to a reception without having to travel anywhere. Beautiful scenery, especial in the fall!