The Metropolitan Club

Chicago, IL

Book Your Wedding with The Metropolitan Club

A BALLROOM IN CHICAGO, IL

Couples looking to take their wedding to new heights will love the Metropolitan Club in Chicago, Illinois. Located on the 66th and 67th floors of the Windy City's 110-floor Willis Tower, the amazing wedding destination offers an impressive view of the Chicago River, the city and Lake Michigan. The private club provides four rooms in which to host your ceremony and reception.

Oak Room. This amazing space on the 66th floor overlooks the city and the harbor. The Oak Room has a built-in bar and can seat up to 250 guests for a formal, sit-down reception.

Chicago Room. Also located on the 66th floor, the Chicago Room incorporates four rooms that connect in an L shape. It includes the Superior, Michigan, Ohio and Erie Rooms. Reserve one or all of these rooms for your event. The floor-to-ceiling windows offer breathtaking views of the city and the space can accommodate 160 guests.

East Room. On the 67th floor of the Metropolitan Club is the East Room. It has a panoramic view of Lake Michigan and is adjacent to the venue's main kitchen. This room can seat up to 110 guests.

Wedding packages come with the venue rental and all food and beverages. Couples are responsible for any additional vendors, such as floral arrangements, music, photography and videography. Choose from cocktail stations or a butler-passed or plated reception. The event destination requires a catering minimum and deposit to secure a date.

The venue provides a bridal suite, groom's dressing area, tables, gold chiavari chairs and all linens with each package. Additional amenities include:

• Setup and cleanup
  • China, silverware, stemware
  • Votive candles on each table
  • Full access to the kitchen on the 67th floor
  • Ceremony arch
  • Dance floor

You can begin setting up the space at 2 p.m. All events must conclude by midnight. A seven-hour event window is allowed for the ceremony and reception.

You can't use birdseed, confetti or rice during the ceremony or for decorations. All decorations must have prior approval by the facility's staff.

The ceremony fee is separate from the catering and reception rental. A coat check service and room are available at each site and a public parking garage is on-site for guests.

Each event begins with a personal wedding director who works with you and your other vendors to create an unforgettable day. A manager is on-site for your entire event to assist staff and handle any problems that arise so you don't have to worry.

Breathtaking views you will never forget.

The best of Chicago wedding venues is easily found at The Metropolitan Club. Located in the iconic Willis Tower, The Metropolitan Club showcases breathtaking views of Chicago from the 66th and 67th floors. We work with the city's best vendors to create an overall amazing experience. We'd be happy to book your entertainment, floral and linens... just ask! Planning your wedding is an exciting and important time in your life. Whether you desire a wedding that is intimate or extravagant, our experienced planners are ready to help you with every detail to make your day perfect.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Restaurant

233 South Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL (312) 876-3200

Breathtaking views, excellent food and service!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Mai A

The Metropolitan Club exceeded my expectations! I had a small destination wedding in Chicago and had to plan all from outise Chicago, I was looking for a place with a beautiful view but also great food and service that would be affordable when I found The Metropolitan Club!... Read More Kelley was super helpful, understood my needs, she was very accesible since the begginning even though I wasnt in Chicago I was able to plan everything with her. I only got to Chicago two weeks before the wedding but by that time Kelley and I had everything planned out. on the wedding day I didnt had toworry of vendors going to the club since Kelley had already arranged everything for that day. The view was espectacular and had the chance to see the sunset! The food was deliciooouuus and the service also exceed my expectations! If you are thinking of having a wedding in Chicago you must look at The Metropolitan Club!

Exceeds Expectations

Reviewed on 9/10/2013 Stacy B

If you are looking for a wedding venue that has AMAZING city views, delicious food and exceptional customer service, do yourself a favor and book at The Metropolitan Club. Ashley Godinez, Director of Private Events, is amazing to work with; she is organized, prompt and... Read More accommodating. She and her staff worked tirelessly to make our wedding vision a reality. Wedding planning can be very stressful and her guidance helped bring down the anxiety. Our guests had a wonderful time and continue to tell us how they enjoyed the opportunity to go to the Skydeck (added bonus for our guests) and that the food was 'the best they've had at a wedding reception'. They also continue to rave about the view. Oh, that view. There are no words to express our gratitude to The Metropolitan Club for making our wedding beautiful, special and memorable.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Michelle M

I couldn't be happier with the venue we chose! My wedding was amazing! All of our guests told us it was the most different and most beautiful wedding they have been to. During the entire planning process, Ashley Toomey was always ready to answer all my questions (and I had... Read More many!) and she organized everything in the most perfect way (she's awesome!). The dinner was delicious, and all the extras we included were worth it. We had both our ceremony and reception at the 66th floor and went to the skydeck to take pictures at the ledge. There is not even one bad thing to mention, it was perfect!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Brittany W

I have attempted to schedule a venue tour for metropolitan club as a prospective for our wedding. The coordinator isn't flexible or any bit accomodating. I then reached out for a second time thinking I would rearrange my schedule to fit theirs, but not even a response to... Read More acknowledge my message. I actually cannot imagine dealing with this venue come closer to your wedding date- i'd be SO stressed out working with people like this! I can rest easy because I have found 4 other venues that have gone above and beyond for my fiance and us. Stay away!!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Haley C

The Metropolitan Club was absolutely amazing! Outstanding service from everyone we interacted with (especially Lorena- she is AWESOME!!). They treated us so nicely and we got all of our questions answered right away throughout the process. Very professional and the place was... Read More beautiful. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Jhissel V

The Metropolitan Club at The Willis Tower was the best decision made to host my wedding reception. The city views from the 67th floor were breathtaking. Working with the whole staff, including Ashley Toomey, as the coordinator on my wedding day made it stress free and an amazing... Read More experience. I was truly satisfied with everyone at the Metropolitan Club for making my wedding day unforgettable!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Joyce K

The Metropolitan Club was above and beyond what we could ever hope for. The service from start to the final hour was outstanding. The food was superb! Thanks to Lorena, the evening was perfect !

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Marie P

We had a wonderful experience using the Met Club for our wedding and reception. We can't say enough good things about Lorena Mulvaney --she performed in an outstanding capacity as our private events director. She was extremely helpful, always prompt and responsive (especially to... Read More our millions of emails), and no detail was too big or small for her to handle! The food was terrific, the waitstaff all did a tremendous job (our guests even told us how great they were). Our wedding guests said over and over that it was the best wedding they had attended. Truly the most memorable day EVER!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Jill M

I cannot say enough good things about the Metropolitan Club! From day one of touring the Club, my husband and I were in awe of what the Club had to offer! Lorena Mulvaney was our coordinator. Throughout our entire 18 month planning process, Lorena was so accommodating and... Read More wonderful to work with! Lorena was very prompt when responding to emails, and as future bride will come to realize, there will be a LOT of emails during the planning process! I was not once worried that the day would not go as planned! Lorena is on top of everything! We received so many compliments about how beautiful the room was, how amazing the views were, how great the food was, and how smoothly things were run! This would not have been possible without Lorena and her wonderful team! Thank you does not seem like enough! Our wedding will be a day my husband and I, along with our guests will never forget! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Karina V

If you want a unique, elegant, and beautiful view of Chicago, the Metropolitan Club should be your number one choice for your wedding venue. Sally Karney was our wedding coordinator. She was a pleasure to work with and was always available with any questions/concerns we had.... Read More On the day of our wedding, we were a bit behind schedule as we were still waiting on family members to arrive. Sally made sure to keep the day going as planned, as if we were on time. The food tasted amazing. The decor was very elegant. The staff were very attentive. And of course all of our guests were in awe with the view of Chicago from the 67th floor. The Metropolitan Club made our wedding vision come to life. We definitely recommend if to any newly-engaged couples looking for a wedding venue.

Reviewed on 4/17/2017

The Sears* Tower and the Club are special to our family, so deciding to have our wedding there was the easy part. Sally, our coordinator, made it even easier. Our wedding was small, intimate and emotional - the staff and Sally were amazing in ensuring those elements remained... Read More in tact throughout the evening. We added little touches up to the last day and the team had no problem making adjustments. Anytime we had questions or needed another walk-through Sally was happy to make herself available. The day of our wedding went smoother than we could have hoped. The bar wasn't open yet, but this bride needed a glass of wine and Aby found a way to make it happen! The room we reserved to get ready in was too hot due to the time of day, and the team easily moved us into another adjacent room that was much cooler, making make-up and hair a snap for all. Our bartender and service team were a delight throughout the evening and made each of our guests feel special - down to the chocolate tower treat for our kids. There was another female attendant in addition to Aby that I want to give special thanks to (so sorry I cannot remember her name!). She kept everything moving efficiently and was wonderfully patient with me - much appreciated. We wouldn't change a thing about our day.

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Vinh T

The Metropolitan Club was a wonderful and magical place to have our wedding. Lorena was incredibly accommodating and was an absolute joy to work with, along with the rest of her team. The views were without equal and the space was complete with every amenity you could possibly... Read More want. Add that to the "wow" factor of being in one of Chicago's most iconic buildings and you've got a beautiful combination. Thanks!

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Susie S

There are not enough words to describe the entire wedding journey at The Metropolitan Club. We looked at many venues but the professionalism was top rate right from the first visit. The food, service and of course the view were amazing. Lorena, was the absolute best to work... Read More with. We had winter wedding and snow came down at the perfect time which just added more to the magical evening. I cannot say enough about every staff member, it is the hidden gem that is worth visiting.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Laura H

We had the most amazing wedding here at the Metropolitan Club! Working with Ashley was so wonderful and stress free. She knew exactly what we were envisioning and made our dream wedding a reality. I couldn't have been happier! The food was so amazing, we got so many complements;... Read More a friend said he asked for seconds on the salad! Overall, we had the best day ever! Thank you Ashley and staff at the Metropolitan Club!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Adam W

It isn't just our opinion that we had the greatest wedding, but all of our friends' and families' as well. The Metropolitan Club is such a special location which just feels like a great place to have a wedding. Every time we are driving into downtown or can spot the Willis Tower... Read More from the suburbs, we say "hey that's where we got married! Relatives from out of town were definitely thrilled to be in Chicago's tallest skyscraper to celebrate with us. Location and atmosphere aside, the food and service was equally outstanding. The planning was perfect by Lorena, who I cannot say enough great things about. I would recommend this venue to anybody that is looking for a place to have the perfect wedding and hope they all get to work with Lorena and the same staff that helped us.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Russell B

We really wanted to highlight our city when we decided on a wedding venue, so we selected one of our favorite places, The Metropolitan Club. It was a fantastic decision. Lorena and the entire staff had everything under control, and I honestly felt like we were free to enjoy the... Read More evening, without a worry. We were able to add our own special touches to the space, and I watched Lorena as events unfolded, attentive to every detail to ensure things flowed smoothly. We had a blast, the food was wonderful, and the service was flawless. Our guests are still telling us it was the best wedding they have ever attended. It is worth noting, The Metropolitan Club is a welcoming space for all couples. If you are looking for a magical place in Chicago to host your family and friends for your special day, you owe it to yourself to have a look.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Christina P

We used the Metropolitan Club for our wedding on 9/17/16 and couldn't have been happier with our decision. Lorena was our coordinator and was absolutely wonderful. She was always accessible, super helpful, and on top of things which is what you want when you're a bride and... Read More already have a million things to keep track of. Everything about our day was perfect and if anything went wrong, I had no idea. All of our details were executed exactly as we asked and turned out even better than we envisioned. The staff was extremely accommodating and our guests raved about the venue and the food especially. Everyone we spoke with could not compliment the food and the space enough. I wish we could do it all over again and would choose the Metropolitan Club every time!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Jayna A

When choosing a venue, we could not be any more pleased with the service we received from start to finish with Lorena Mulvaney at the Metropolitan Club. The Club welcomes prospective brides and grooms with an event table that has a binder of recent wedding photographs, and they... Read More tour you around the event spaces with a glass of champagne. They provide you a very helpful binder checklist, and any outstanding question (big or small) was promptly replied to by Lorena with complete understanding and professionalism. It was truly a seemless experience, and I don't know what I would have done without Lorena and the Metropolitan Club team. A very special thank you to her and Rick for going beyond the call of duty with our concerns, and providing us the best day of our lives. If we could do the day all over again, we would still confidently choose the Metropolitan Club and Lorena for our venue. Everything was top notch. Total satisfaction!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Elizabeth

We wanted a classic room, ideally with some windows, and a classic Chicago location. The Metropolitan Club was absolutely perfect! The food was outstanding, the staff was attentive and friendly, the space was classic, and the VIEW! Ashley was wonderful to work with, and made the... Read More process a breeze. Plus the cost was really reasonable for a downtown location. Plus you can add the Sky Deck to your package, which our guests LOVED. We were so happy with our decision and highly recommend the Metropolitan Club!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Alexis F

5/5 Would get married there again! Our event coordinator Sally K. was outstanding. She was very helpful in all aspects of the wedding especially when dealing with the mother of the bride (no easy task). The views were spectacular and the venue was not your ordinary space. Food... Read More was excellent and service was great. The club accommodated special request for our event and really tailored it for us. They worked well with outside vendors. Everything went smoothly and the timing of all events was perfect. Couldn't recommend the Metropolitan Club enough. If you are searching for wedding venues in Chicago definitely call Sally you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Lindsey S

Our day was perfect in every way - we had a wonderful venue coordinator (Ashley) who answered all questions and accommodated our needs in a timely manner. The day of our ceremony and reception everything could not have gone smoother. The food was outstanding, the wait staff... Read More professional and the views breath taking.

What a View

Reviewed on 9/29/2015

The Metroplitan Club was a great choice. The preferred vendor list was very helpful. (DJ and Photog). Wedding and reception came off with out a hitch. The staff was so professional and helpful. The food was outstanding and was delivered en mass per table. No one had to wait.... Read More Cake was excellent. Bartenders were fast and efficient. No one had to wait.

Gorgeous views and amazing food

Reviewed on 11/20/2012 Erin S

I'm only giving the Met Club 4 instead of 5 stars because they have a serious problem with employment turnover. It was very inconvenient to have to constantly change Met Club contacts every few months. Due to the constant turnover, it also led to a breakdown in communication... Read More among the Met Club employees. Otherwise - everything was fabulous.

Amazing Venue, Service, and Experience!

Reviewed on 10/23/2012 Lauren S

If I was planning my wedding again I wouldn't change a thing about having it at The Metropolitan Club. They didn't miss a beat, took great care of us and our guests and really went over and above. The food was incredibele. Everyone of our guests plates were empty and we... Read More received such compliments about the food and service. In addition to a great room we had a fantastic view of the city which was very special considering 95% of our guest were from out of town. I highly recommend hosting your wedding and or events at The Metropolitan Club. You will receive the royal treatement. The cost is very reasonable especially for the city and the value you get is tremendous.

Breathtaking Views, Amazing Service!

Reviewed on 9/21/2012 Ashley M

We hosted our wedding reception at The Metropolitan Club and had an amazing experience! Such great feedback from Chicago as well as out-of-town guests. Kelly Rehmer, our Event Director, managed every detail including those we had overlooked, and the turnout was amazing. Kudos to... Read More Chef Greg and the service staff for an unbelievable meal (filet and halibut-out of this world), and the drinks didn't disappoint! Seriously a great experience that couldn't have gone better. Thank you, Metropolitan Club!