The Milestone Denton Mansion, Aubrey Mansion & Barn

Denton and Aubrey, TX

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Milestone - Walters Wedding Estates Venues

Welcome to The Milestone, nationally recognized by The Knot as one of the top wedding venues in America! The Milestone offers two Southern Style mansion locations in Aubrey & Denton. The mansions are surrounded by large oak trees, water features, and countryside. Each mansion features a beautiful ceremony room with an incredible back drop or the option to have an outdoor ceremony near our winding creek or pond. The reception halls feature walls of windows, crystal chandeliers, and incredible backdrops for your wedding. Our Aubrey estate also features Morgan Creek Barn, a three story timber-trussed rustic barn. The Morgan Creek Barn is surrounded by a winding creek and river rock pond in the open countryside. Please specify in your email to us if you are only interested in the Barn venue.

Backyard, Ballroom, Barn, Waterfront, Garden, Mansion + Estate

Denton and Aubrey, TX (940) 365-9953
WEBSITE TWITTER INSTAGRAM
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 12/30/2017 Bonnie P

Unfortunately our experience was less than admiring. Before the wedding day, we had constant issues with scheduling meetings and getting the staff to agree and recognize what the other staff had told us about catering, payments, and that they don't schedule anything on the... Read More weekends other than the wedding itself. But they won't tell you any of this when you fork over thousands of dollars and try to schedule months in advance. I was unable to schedule bridal portraits at the venue even after being told they would allow me to if there wasn't a wedding booked. Sadly the excuse of "having to leave the time slots available for potential visitors interested in the venue" were given to us time and time again. Between the poor communication, attitudes, and the missing staff the day of, our family and friends felt as if they were watching a drama play out. The staff couldn't figure out how to make their own steamer work after bringing it into the bridal suite. Instead of taking it back to their office to fix it, they stayed in the crowded bridal suite fidgeting and getting in the way of preparing photographers. The two day-of-staff that actually introduced themselves (who knows who actually was paid to help us) were not clicking and made it obvious they had their own plan to stand around. The coordination from the venue was more of supervising that we didn't cause damage. The venue staff did not communicate with the photographers or musicians when asked and even told one of our guests "they didn't pay for that" SO UNPROFESSIONAL!!! Luckily, our videographer was a rock star. We may very well have little video of the whole day because he was getting everyone in line and keeping me chilled out before the ceremony. If you are stuck with this venue plan to pay a few years of tuition in order to get the expected service one would think they would receive on what should've been the biggest day of their life. But still pay your own 3rd party coordinator because you don't want to be put in the position we were in. Family and friends could not get the wait staff to assist with the cake pieces to pass them out. When the venue staff did assist they cued the ceremony music early before the ceremony was actually over, so family had to move our unity candle into the reception hall. For a place that was so adamant about the "details" they found a way to mess up everything they told us we needed. My husband and I told them before we booked we wanted a simple and humble event. I suppose you have to buy what they want to get anything from them. Had one of our guests not been a coordinator herself I doubt any of our guests would've known what to do. As a bride I shouldn't have had to cue the DJ for the bouquet and garter tosses. As a groom he shouldn't have had to walk back and forth with an hour left in our 4 hour reservation (SO NOT ENOUGH TIME BTW) in order to prepare our exit. It was amazing that our guests were so kind and tried to make us feel better about our experience. Almost a month ago now we thought it was just a stressful day with some pretty pictures. Now we realized that this venue is just there and enjoys taking money and moments away from those wishing to create lifelong memories. Whatever, I am still married! -no thanks to Milestone Denton or Walters Wedding staff. Feel free to ask where to find your milestone coordinator the day of when they disappear out of sight. You'll want to have someone on standby to find them when you need assistance.

Reviewed on 12/18/2017 Katie B

The only reason this venue is getting 3 stars is because it is absolutely beautiful. The scenery, barn, and pavilion are worth the price tag. Unfortunately, working with the staff is another story. 1) We drove all the way to Aubrey after work one day for our final details... Read More appointment, only to realize that the staff was not available to meet with us and to turn the car back around and drive for another hour in 5 o'clock traffic. 2) Our assigned coordinator was out on maternity leave and we never heard from her or her backups. The venue just assumed she would be handling things...which she didn't. 3) The worst of all was the mix-up with food. My side of the family is mostly vegetarian and we had set it up ahead of time that their would be a dish prepared especially for them-we were told eggplant parmesan. When the day of came, the venue had not prepared anything for my family. 40% of our guests didn't eat anything that night. The worst part is the chef yelled at my wedding coordinator and said we had not requested special meals. Her response: She pulled out the contract and showed him where it was documented. Bottom line: Not organized, crappy customer service...to say the least.

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Sara L

My husband and I just got married here at The Milestone this past October and we couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. We picked this venue because it is absolutely gorgeous, and so convenient having everything we needed provided by the venue: catering, bar,... Read More staffing, linens & dishware, decorations and even a day-of-coordinator. Definitely made for hassle-free wedding planning! We also felt that the pricing and policies at The Milestone were more reasonable than may of the other venues we had visited. The property is so beautiful! They added so many stunning features that I wish had been there when we first booked! I loved how accessible and accommodating everyone was. All of my questions were promptly answered, and they always kept me informed. We loved the catering! All of the food was amazing, and the catering staff were awesome. Everyone was especially attentive to us during the reception bringing us food and drinks whenever we needed it. I also like that they do several events throughout the year to give brides the opportunity to do food tastings and get an idea of how the venue will look and how the catering staff will be on the day of. Misty was our coordinator, and she was absolutely amazing! She was so sweet and was great at explaining everything. She was also really great with the kids! I loved how she was always just an email or phone call away if I needed her. The day of went very smoothly. Even though we had a few hiccups (unrelated to the venue), the staff did a great job of keeping the ball rolling. The only thing that I would change would be the available time slots. I felt that I didn't get to fully enjoy the available amenities (The bridal suite/grooms suite) and I felt like our wedding day was very tightly scheduled, and we had to rush through everything. Yes there is an all-day rental option available, but only on Saturday. Other than that, we had a great experience with The Milestone Mansion, and I highly recommend it to any future brides!!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Colton K

My Wife and I got married at the Aubrey Mansion. The Milestone was without a doubt the best part of the planning process. On the day the Milestone and the staff was 100% flawless. I have zero complaints whatsoever. Julia our Coordinater was AMAZING! I can honestly say that our... Read More wedding went as planned mostly because of Julias help. the food was awesome and everyone talke about how beautiful the venue was. Thank you SO much Milestone for being amazing. Trust me, if you want everything to go well on your day pick The Milestone in aubrey. I will be recomending this location and this staff for several years to come.

2017-11-06T09:08:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this awesome review! We are so thrilled to hear that you loved the milestone and staff so much! We can't wait to see pictures from the big day. Your generous recommendation means the world to us, thank you!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Kelli R

My husband and I just had over wedding at The Milestone two weeks ago and it was everything we ever hoped it to be! Denise was our wedding coordinator and she was so nice and extremely helpful if we had any questions or concerns. The venue is such a beautiful place to get... Read More married, the price of what you get is so worth it and not over the top “too pricy”, and the food was phenomenal! I still have our guests say, that was the best food they have ever had at a wedding! The bridal suite was a nice area to get ready in and the grooms suite was really awesome! They have a pool table in there for all the guys to hang out before the ceremony. Overall we were extremely pleased with this venue and our coordinator, Denise. I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking to get married in a beautiful setting.

2017-10-31T14:26:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Kelli for this awesome review! We love hearing about the amazing experiences that our brides have. We especially loved your use of pink and gold for decor.

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Liann S

I booked The Milestone- Denton over two years ago when I first got engaged. They are amazing. I live in Hawaii, but got married in Texas because my grandparents lived here. They did their best to make sure that everything went well for us. Keri was my venue coordinator. She went... Read More above and beyond. She stayed late to work on my details meeting because of the time difference between Hawaii and Texas. She even came in on her day off so that I would feel better about having my day of coordinator at my rehearsal dinner rather than someone else. I'm glad that I found them. The venue is gorgeous. It has a very southern feel to it. The food was amazing! They made Kalua pig for the first time and did a fantastic job! It tasted exactly like it was supposed to. The alcohol was great. The staff was fabulous. I would recommend this venue to everyone and I would definitely recommend Keri!

2017-10-13T09:27:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review! We are so pleased that everything turned out great for your wedding. We pride ourselves in customer service and do what we can to accommodate everything. Living so far away from... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Melissa H

I had an amazing experience with The Milestone! The venue itself is beautiful and set back from the road. The grounds are large and able to accommodate guests in multiple areas. The food was delicious (provided by their catering service) The day of coordinator was excellent as... Read More well

2017-09-18T10:16:37 Response from the vendor

We are so pleased to hear that you loved the Milestone and all it has to offer. Thank you for taking to time to review us!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Brittanie B

The Morgan Creek Barn was absolutely beautiful inside and out. I was initially nervous about having my ceremony outside under the brand new pavilion because I only saw pictures before my wedding day... It was above and beyond what I expected. The pictures my photographer got... Read More were incredible. The venue was stunning! The dark wood and columns along the aisle were beautiful - everything I wanted! The reception was honestly exactly what I imagined for my wedding night. The string lights took it to a whole new level! Rustic with all of the wood, yet gorgeous with the huge chandeliers were the perfect combination for me! I HIGHLY recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Amanda G

Touring venues with my fiancé (now husband woo!) was a blast. Of the venues we toured, Walters Wedding Estates took our top 3 preference slots easily. It's amazing the variety of venues they have and how beautiful each of them are! We specifically chose the Milestone Mansion at... Read More Aubrey and are so glad we did! The staff was on top of things leading up to the big day, which I appreciated. When I got to the venue, I didn't leave the bridal suite until the actual ceremony and everything was perfectly taken care of without me having to lift a finger. It made what could have been a stressful day the most fun and relaxing day I could have hoped for. And the venue was of course as beautiful and classy as we dreamed. Thanks Milestone!

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Briannna B

We had our wedding at Morgan Creek Barn a few weeks ago and it was absolutely wonderful! We used their new outdoor pavilion for our ceremony site, all of the wood details were exactly what we pictured. They recently installed stringed lights in the barn which were an absolute... Read More dream. We had a brunch meal served and our guests still tell us how good it was. We are so happy we choose to have our wedding here, it was a day we will never forget!

2017-09-04T15:28:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to review us! your brunch wedding sounds amazing. We are glad you liked the details at the barn. - Milestone Management

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Catherine B

The staff at the milestone was great in helping the planning along as well as having a day of coordinator.

2017-09-04T09:38:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your kind words!

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Amanda M

Incredibly beautiful venue! Each guest could not say enough how gorgeous the place was! Minimal decorations needed on my behalf, the natural beauty was enough.

2017-09-04T09:37:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for reviewing us! Your wedding was beautiful, and we are so glad you loved the Milestone! -Milestone Management

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Kaitlyn W

Everything went according to plan and schedule. The food was hot and good. The place was beautiful and the best part they were accommodating to requests and affordable.

2017-08-31T10:19:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to review us! It sounds like your wedding was perfect! Please send us pictures.

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Kristin B

Bethany was extremely helpful. We got married in the Barn even though we first planned to get married under their new pavilion. However, it stormed all throughout my wedding and Bethany made it a VERY smooth transition. I loved the venue and how they treated me with priority. I... Read More always heard back quickly and I had an amazing experience.

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 natalie e

The Milestone Mansion Krum is absolutely beautiful! I am overall so happy that I chose the Milestone. My picture came out beautiful! The food was great! I had many people tell me they enjoyed it. The only negative thibg I have to say is that the "day of" wedding planner that... Read More came with the package I purchased was not so great when it came to the reception. The planner was no where to be found once the reception started. It was dissapointing because I didn't get to just sit back and enjoy my wedding.

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Candace R

The greatest place to get married. Affordable, beautiful, and everyone is always willing to help! I can't imagine having my wedding any place else.

2017-08-31T10:17:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a wonderful review!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Iden C

My husband and I got married at the Milestone Mansion in April. Beautiful Beautiful that's all I have to say. It was the first venue I visited and although I saw different other options I came back to The Mansion because It was the one I liked best.

2017-08-31T10:17:23 Response from the vendor

We are so happy that the Milestone had such a good impression on you. An April wedding at the Milestone is absolutely stunning, please send us pictures from the big day!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Rachel R

Stunning venue. We fell in love he moment we arrived to our tour and knew that this is where we wanted to have our special day with family and friends. Amazing staff! Etheny was our coordinator and her work is exceptional. Highly highly recommend this venue to all brides looking... Read More for an elegant and memorable wedding day.

2017-08-31T10:14:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the review and the recommendation. We look forward to seeing your wedding pictures!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Lauren S

My husband and I got married at The Milestone Mansion this summer and it was truly a dream come true! The venue is stunning and the staff was perfect! ❤️

2017-08-29T14:47:33 Response from the vendor

Lauren and Justin, It was so much fun hosting your wedding day! Thank you for your kind words about our venue and staff! We cannot wait to see your photos, everything was so beautiful! Thank you! - The Milestone | Denton Management

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Lauren W

No otber place I would've wanted my best day ever to be!! My guests loved it!

2017-08-29T14:48:02 Response from the vendor

Lauren and Dylan, we are so happy you enjoyed your special day at Morgan Creek Barn! We loved the donut wall you had! Thank you for giving us the honor of being part of your special day! - The Milestone | Aubrey Management

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Stephanie F

I got married on July 2nd, 2017. Let me start by saying Morgan Creek Barn is an absolutely stunning and amazing wedding venue. I had close to 200 guests at my wedding and the reception still felt open with a very large space in the middle for a dance floor. The staff is pleasant... Read More over the phone. Close to 4 weeks out, I still had not heard anything from the venue. Luckily, I hired a separate day of coordinator who took matters into her own hands. Once she reached out I was assigned Bethany B. When we met with her at the details meeting, she knew nothing about my wedding. She didn’t even have an up-to-date contract with her. She asked me if I had a day of coordinator which was very alarming as they had been e-mailing back and forth prior to the meeting. Bethany B. was also 45 minutes late to our final walk through of the venue. She claimed she got stuck on the phone with another client. I thought that was very unprofessional and didn’t have high hopes for her the day of my wedding. Luckily, she proved me wrong and was helpful the day of my wedding. The bar is extremely overpriced and confusing. You can only use their alcohol; they do not allow you to do outside liquid catering. Also, you are not able to use their glassware if you do not use their catering. We chose to use Babe’s as our caterer as they were significantly more affordable and because we could try the food prior to the wedding. The Milestone won’t let you attend a tasting unless you sign a contract saying you are going to use their catering service. They will do a private tasting for a fee of $250. We were concerned that we might need an extra bartender with the amount of people attending. Only one of the 2 bartenders was “allowed” to mix the drinks. I was told there was an extremely long line during cocktail hour. The bridal party even had to wait to make our grand entrance because the line at the bar was so long. I was also told by numerous family members and friends that the female bartender was extremely rude. My mother-in-law rented glasses for the mixed drinks to go in. Upon arrival to the venue, she checked in with the bartender after noticing plastic cups out instead of glasses. She asked the bartender about it and she snapped “They are in the back.. I haven’t had time to unpack them.” She never used the glasses. My dad paid an additional fee to have his wine stocked. When he asked for a glass of his wine, the female bartender was very rude and rolled her eyes at him while pouring the wine. My dad went up a second time with his personalized mason jar as well as his friends. He needed two different mixed drinks. He told her which he needed in each glass. She began to pour the wrong drink in his mason jar. He quickly corrected her. She walked back to the sink looked him in the eye and dumped it down the drain. That kind of behavior from a trained professional that we were required to use is absolutely inexcusable and very infuriating to me as a bride. I was also told by my brother-in-law that everyone was skimped on their alcohol serving per drink. For the amount of money The Milestone charges per person (including children) for alcohol, they should be filling glasses. So be warned, this is the type of bar experience you will likely have if you choose to have your wedding at Morgan Creek Barn or another Milestone venue. After both myself and my separate day of coordinator called with our list of complaints, no refunds were offered and we haven't heard from anyone.

2017-08-31T10:24:51 Response from the vendor

First and foremost, Congrats on your recent marriage at the Morgan Creek Barn. We are absolutely honored that you were married at The Milestone and wanted to thank you for the kind words about the beauty of our venue. Our management team has reached out... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Brett G

Hard to get ahold of anyone. Has more than one wedding a day so it is not yours to decorate till an hour and a half before your ceremony time

2017-07-31T11:58:38 Response from the vendor

Hi Brett, First and foremost, congrats on your engagement! We are sorry to hear about your experience with communication with our venue. We will communicate this feedback to our team as our goal is to get back to you within less than 24 hours. We... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Gillianne M

We had our wedding at the Denton Mansion. First off, this setting is absolutely beautiful. My guests were all raving about it. The reason my review is 4 stars is the result of what I'm going to pass off as a miscommunication. We overestimated our guest count and apparently once... Read More you do that you can't go back down. Nobody ever told us this so we ended up having piles of extra money we had to relocate elsewhere to unnecessary things because they couldn't refund us. Given that final payments need to be in much earlier than someone would expect a final RSVP (April for a July wedding), we didn't have our final numbers when we had to give our final payment. Be aware of this and make sure you give a very accurate guest count early on! Otherwise, the food was delicious and the venue is beautiful! Sloane, our day of coordinator was especially wonderful too.

2017-07-31T11:51:41 Response from the vendor

First and foremost, congrats on your recent marriage. We are so excited for you two and wish you both a lifetime of happiness. Thank you for your kind words about our venue, coordinator, and food! We are incredibly happy to hear overall everything was wonderful.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Kellie M

As mother of the bride, I wanted to add to the review from Jessica M on 6/27/2017. As we look back at pictures and videos from that day, we realize it was really a beautiful wedding and the venue itself really added to the day. However, I would like to add a few comments about... Read More the management and service for you to consider before you invest thousands of dollars at this venue. We paid for mimosas and champagne for the bridal suite prior to the wedding. We never got the champagne ($30 that we never got back) and had to ask several times for the mimosas. We upgraded the food options to have appetizers and food stations. I must say the food was pretty good, but feedback from the guests and from what I observed was that there were not enough appetizers for the amount of guests or for the time allotted between the ceremony and when dinner was served. We ordered an antipasti tray but I never saw it. I hear it was only out for a short time which indicates it was not big enough or pulled prematurely. The DJ (a friend of the family) released the guests too early for dinner and I didn’t realize it was too early and didn’t know why the food wasn’t out. I went to the kitchen to find someone and then had to find the venue coordinator. She came in and griped at the DJ and told him to announce it was “his bad”, even though she was supposedly responsible for coordinating the timeline with him before the reception. This awkwardness could have been avoided if the coordinator had been present in the room to step up and correct the situation quickly and we didn't appreciate how rude she was to our guest. She tried to blame the miscommunication on the banquet coordinator in her response to my daughter's review, but this is still an employee of The Milestone! Everyone wants their wedding day to be special and in this case more attentive and caring service would have gone a long way!!

2017-07-24T16:34:08 Response from the vendor

First and foremost, congrats to your family on your beautiful daughter's wedding. Thank you so much for your kind words about the beauty of our wedding venue. We are sorry to hear about your experience wasn't 100% satisfactory with our staff. Our records indicated that... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Laura K

Booked the Aubrey Mansion about a year before our wedding date and it was love at first sight! Wedding was on June 23rd and the only complaints I have is that they ran out of champagne at the open bar we had. Unfortunately, I was sticking to only champagne and no hard liquor and... Read More naturally they ran out. Other than that it was amazing! My coordinator Ethany was great. She was helpful and very focused on her tasks. She helped the day run perfectly! Great venue!

2017-07-21T12:46:01 Response from the vendor

Laura, we absolutely loved celebrating with you on your wedding day! Everything was so beautiful! Thank you so much for saying such wonderful things about our venue and Etheny! We apologize for the champagne. We have since added a preferred drink section on our bar... Read Less Read More