The Mill at Spring Lake Heights

Food + Catering, Planning

101 Old Mill Road, Spring Lake Heights, NJ

Unforgettable

Reviewed on 1/22/2014 Erika P

My husband and I recently got married at The Mill in November 2013. Despite all of the pre-wedding planning and stress, and wondering if it was all worth it...The Mill definitely made our dreams come true. Our wedding was truly everything we wanted and more. From day one, Amy... Read More was there to assist us in planning our wedding from the ceremony to the reception, and all the other minor details in between. Although we were unable to have our ceremony outside due to the cold weather, we were able to take pictures outside before the ceremony and they were absolutely beautiful and captured the fall foliage. The staff transitioned smoothly from the ceremony to the cocktail hour. Our guests are still raving about the food from the entire night. We decided to have a cocktail reception, which our guests said was one of the best wedding meals they ever had. It gave our guests an opportunity to select the foods they liked best and even go back for more! Top choices: Slider Bar, Crab cakes, Lobster Bisque Soup, Stuffed Chicken, and Tilapia. In addition, our wedding cake was included in our package with The Mill. While tasting our cake for the first time my husband shouted, "THIS IS AMAZING!!!". Throughout the ceremony, the staff brought us plates of food and drinks right to our sweetheart table. We even brought some food home, too! We created our own candy bar for guests to take home as goodie bags, and ended the night with "mini-breakfast sandwiches" provided by The Mill. Even the next day when we returned, everything was cleaned, boxed, organized, and ready to bring home. I HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend The Mill!!!

Wish we could go back and get married there again!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 Nori L

My husband and I got married at The Mill at Spring Lake Heights this past October. We could not have been happier with our choice of ceremony and reception venue! We had our ceremony outside in the garden right next to the lake. The ceremony area is beautiful no matter what... Read More season you're there (we've seen it in all four seasons :)), and though it looked and felt intimate, the patio managed to fit all ~150 of our guests plus a string quartet without a problem. After the ceremony, we did our formal photos in the patio area while everyone else headed inside for the cocktail hour. Everyone is still talking about the cocktail hour, even now at almost a year later! Our guests' favorite part seemed to be the mashed potato martini bar; while we didn't get to try that ourselves, the staff was kind enough to bring us a plate of some of the hors d'ouvres while we were doing photos, and they were delicious. The cocktail hour took place in the beautiful atrium area, which provided enough room for our guests as well as the quartet. The reception could not have gone better. The Waterview room was set up perfectly, and the view of the lake and surrounding scenery from the windows around the room was stunning, especially since the trees were changing to their fall colors. As for the food, to this day, our guests are still raving about it! It was really spectacular--elegant, without being too stuffy or unrecognizable--and we loved that they used seasonal ingredients (we had amazing butternut squash soup as an appetizer, for example). The staff at the Mill was always pleasant, helpful and accommodating. We especially appreciated their flexibility in meeting with us leading up to the wedding, since my husband and I actually live in Maryland and had to plan our trips up to NJ carefully and strategically during that time. Amy was a pleasure to deal with, and always responded quickly to our many, many questions :). Overall, we truly have nothing bad to say!

Best Wedding Venue On The Jersey Shore!

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 Sally H

The Mill at Spring Lake is by far the best wedding venue on the Jersey Shore. As a bride I shopped around for a venue that could fit 3 major components: Location, Food, and Service. Here's how they went above and beyond: 1. Location: Set on a beautiful lake in Spring Lake... Read More Heights the view is breath taking. The staff at The Mill take great care in the building and the grounds. The landscape is gorgeous and the inside is up to date without be tacky like most venues in the area. 2. The Food: Talk about wow! Our guests could not stop talking about the food. We opted for the deluxe package and we were not disappointed! Our cocktail hour had everything from Jumbo Shrimp at the raw bar to our gourmet mashed potato martini bar. It didn't stop there. The Mill takes their food a step above wedding food. Our four course sit down was impeccable! Our guest felt like they were at a fancy restaurant and not some cheesy banquet hall. 3. The Service: The staff at The Mill are unbelievable! We booked our wedding with Amy Floss and she was amazing!!! She is so organized with all the paperwork and my special needs. She never missed a beat! She made me a more organized bride and I knew the venue was something I did not have to worry about. She goes above and beyond to make her brides happy! The great service did not stop there! We had Corey as our Maitre D the day of our wedding. And talk about organization and a hard worker! We met with Corey a few days before our wedding and we had a lot of special details to add. I didn't know how someone was going to pull off the decorations better then myself. Corey pulled it off and then some! He did an outstanding job! Then when we arrived and he was my right hand man the entire night! He made sure I was well fed (we all know as a bride that's a hard thing to do) and always was checking in to make sure I was happy! He made my wedding day way less stressful! I could continue on about how wonderful this place is. If you are on the fence about booking here don't hesitate and just do it. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Holly T

Kerry, Corey and the head maître de at The Mill were outstanding!! We couldn't be happier with how everything looked and how smoothly everything went. Not one issue on or before the big day! I dropped off a lot of decorations beforehand and they put everything beautifully into... Read More place. And I receive so many compliments on the food!! And we actually got to eat thanks to the great service bringing my husband and I horderves and drinks during our photos.

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Kathryn G

First let me start by saying that I researched many, many wedding venues to host our wedding ceremony and reception; all throughout NJ, NY and PA. I then took my fiancee to visit 12 venues in person. The last venue we visited was The Mill at Spring Lake Heights. It was love at... Read More first sight. The venue location and ambience were exactly what we were looking for with it being set right on a lake surrounded by trees; complete with ducks, swans, and turtles. We met with Kerry who was very friendly and professional. She answered my many questions with ease and I truly felt that she was someone with whom I could entrust our wedding. We found our diamond in the rough and we booked with Kerry shortly thereafter. The following months flew by but with Kerry at the helm of our wedding coordinating, I never felt uneasy. On our big day Corey took the wheel and we couldn't be more pleased. The room looked beautiful with all our personal added touches. Corey went above any beyond to make sure the day went off without a hitch; including placing the flowers on our cake, helping the matron of honor with the bustle of my dress, keeping the bridal party hydrated, and quickly addressing a seating mix-up. Corey is one of the main reasons our wedding day was the best day of our lives. The food was beyond delicious and our signature drink (Apple Cider Mule) was a huge hit with our guests. The only drawback was that we were too full to sample every dish during cocktail hour! We are so grateful to Corey, Kerry, and the The Mill at Spring Lake Heights waitstaff for all their hard work, dedication, and attention to detail. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Patrice K

The Mill was the first venue we visited, and after looking at a few venues we knew nothing could beat it. The views from the ballroom had us hooked as well as everything The Mill has to offer. It's nothing short of amazing. Our guests cannot stop talking about how great the... Read More whole staff was, what a fun party it was, and how amazing the food was! The Mill went above and beyond what was expected for us and our guests. They did everything right. I mentioned that my mom has a gluten allergy. At the reception when she ordered something with gluten in it, the waitress informed her and offered her something else. My mom never told the waitress she had an allergy but it made her feel special that they knew and were able to accommodate her. My husband and I had our own server who made sure all of our food was kept warm and that we had our favorite drinks on hand all night. She treated us like royalty and made sure we were taken care of. The entire wait and bar staff was so friendly. Kerry and Corey made me feel at ease with choosing The Mill, because I knew they had everything covered. Throughout planning, Kerry was so responsive to my many, many questions. I cannot thank her enough for answering my endless e-mails. I met with Corey a few days before the wedding, and he was so helpful answering last minute questions and making sure everything was the way we wanted and that everything ran smoothly that night. At cocktail hour I told him I hadn't eaten all day, and he brought me my own plate of food and a drink to the bridal suite so I could have a few moments alone. We had our cocktail hour in the atrium and the views were stunning. You cannot beat the views of the lake with the swans and turtles and fall colors. We are so happy we chose The Mill to host our guests. Thank you for making our reception everything we dreamed of!

Beautiful Space, Beautiful Service

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Christie C

I had been to a wedding at The Mill in 2009, and when I visited last year while deciding on my own wedding venue, I knew that it was the perfect place for my special day. Kerry and Corey went out of their way to make absolutely everything about my wedding go smoothly, and the... Read More entire staff gave 150%+ to make sure that all of my guests were happy! I could not recommend this venue and their exceptional service any more! Cozy, romantic - it;s just perfect. Thank you so much for a memorable, beautiful day!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Allison M

Our wedding at The Mill was more than we could have hoped for. After our very smooth rehearsal and "accessory drop off" I was curious and a little nervous to leave all of my hard work in someone else's hands to set up how I pictured it in my mind. Upon arrival I was amazed and... Read More delighted, it was exactly how I pictured it and the staff had even used some extra decor items along with their own enhancements to make each area from the ceremony space to the reception absolutely beautiful. Corey was the coordinator for the rehearsal and on the wedding day as well. He was pleasant, kind, and so efficient. If their were any hiccups I wasn't aware of them, and that was great. Kerry was also wonderful helping to make the planning process as simple as possible. She took over the position of banquet coordinator halfway through our planning process and never missed a beat. We chose The Mill for their excellent pricing options, friendly staff and beautiful surroundings. We were lucky enough to have a beautiful fall day and get married at their beautiful and well maintained outdoor lakeside ceremony space. The space upstairs for cocktail and reception is just as beautiful, with many windows over looking the lake. Overall, they know what they are doing at The Mill and we couldn't be happier with our wedding experience!

Reviewed on 8/21/2015 Jeff D

My wife and I had our wedding reception at The Mill in August 2014 and were thrilled with how everything went. The staff was amazing, our guests raved about the food and the setting was stunning. I would highly recommend The Mill to any couple looking to get married at the... Read More Jersey Shore.

Best of the best

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Rob B

We could not be happier with our choice of venues. Corey and Don came through in a big way. They made sure our every wish was met and service expectations exceeded. The staff was courteous and on top of all of our guests needs. Everything went off with out a hitch even... Read More though the weather was not wanting to cooperate. Corey orchestrated out day from arrival to departure making sure everything was smooth and perfect down to the last detail. If you are looking for an amazing experience, The Mill at Spring Lake Heights is the way to go. 5 star food, 5 star ceremony, 5 star service. We cant thank them enough for all of their hard work!

The absolute perfect venue

Reviewed on 7/01/2015 Nikki F

We got married at the Mill two weeks ago and although we knew that we loved the venue, both the venue and the staff far exceeded our wildest expectations. Absolutely everything was perfectly taken care of. There was nothing out of place and the food was absolutely... Read More outstanding. Everyone in attendance said that it was the best wedding that they ever attended and I am happy to say that we couldn't agree more. We had our absolute dream wedding and it was all thanks to the Mill.

THE MILL IS AMAZING !!

Reviewed on 3/30/2015 Lauren J

Our wedding at The Mill was absolutely perfect!! Everything from the venue, food, and especially service were top notch!! They truly know how to take care of their bride, groom, and families!!! We got married almost two weeks ago and we can not stop talking about our... Read More experience. Our family and friends are still raving about it all! I would HIGHLY recommend this venue!! We can not wait to go back to The Mill!!!

Dream Wedding :)

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Kelly H

Our wedding at the Mill was a dream come true. Perfection. Everything from the ceremony to cocktail hour to the reception was absolutely perfect. Amy and Corey are amazing. Amy is a breathe of fresh air when it came to the planning process. We instantly knew that The Mill... Read More was our choice after meeting with her the first time. She goes above and beyond to explain every little detail and continued on being right by our side answering every question we had throughout the year of our planning. She is by far the best asset The Mill has and anyone working with her for your big day will be beyond impressed with her!!!! Corey was our day of coordinator. We were a little nervous because we hadn't worked with him throughout the year but to our surprise, he was just as perfect as Amy the day of! He was kind yet efficient and made sure the entire day went absolutely flawless for us. Him and Amy are a phenomenal team! We were very lucky with the weather the day of our wedding so we were able to have our ceremony out in the garden right next to the lake... Another dream come true. The garden is absolutely beautiful and the swans joined in the water for our ceremony! The cocktail hour was bursting with delicious food and everyone raved about how good the food was!!! The upstairs cocktail room was a perfect size for our guest list of about 120 but could have easily fit more. The reception again was perfect. From first course to second course to the amazing dinner to the desserts (Zeppelos included which was a favor for us and it turned out perfect!!), again all of our guests were raving over how amazing the food was!! We know we may be impartial, but it was by far the best food we'd ever had at a wedding! The detail that Amy, Corey and the staff at The Mill put in to our special day is priceless. My husband and I are very outdoorsy people and had a vision of bringing the outside in for our reception. Carey truly made this vision come true for us. They set up the room so perfect, it was as though we had done it ourselves!! If you are considering The Mill for your venue or are on the fence, we highly recommend going with this venue for your dream wedding, hassle free and day for you to sit back and relax to enjoy your special day! Thank you, Amy, Corey and the entire staff at the Mill for making our day memorable for the rest of our lives. Words could never express the gratitude we have to you all. You have become family in our eyes and can't wait to come back soon to visit!!! - Kelly and Dave Kraus

Phillips/Russo Wedding

Reviewed on 7/09/2014 Shannon P

We got married here on May 31, 2013, and it was almost everything we could have hoped for. The process was close to seamless and Amy Floss worked with us through the entire process. We were worried that the we would lose our coordinator midway through as there is a high turnover... Read More in most venues (I worked at The Merion for three years and saw it first hand) but thankfully she was there every step of the way. Pros: - The windows in the ballroom were perfect for every hour of the day. - Cocktail hour was amazing - we were the last wedding to be allowed to have our cocktail hour downstairs and a private cocktail hour for our bridal party upstairs (where dessert is served) - The recommendations for outside vendors was spot on EXCEPT for our cake (The baker completely messed up the color and even the type of icing - she clearly didn't listen to anything we wanted even after we paid extra for it). We are from the Philadelphia area so needed the guidance. - The Maitre D' went above and beyond - we spent the last 15 minutes of the cocktail hour by ourselves outside on the terrace. We forget extra tea lights to enhance the pictures but he took it upon himself to find some and have them lit before we even got outside. - The food was excellent. One of the main reasons we chose the venue in the first place. - The experience of the tasting was amazing. We had hoped to try some more variety of the main entrees as we did not get to taste some of our selections for the actual wedding but the appetizers were spot on and the meals were perfect. - The bar area is gorgeous. This alone keeps the venue from seeming "too" geared towards weddings (I hate the wedding factory feel). It opened up the entire cocktail hour and gave another area for guests to congregate. - The general service was spot on. We had a later wedding so I worried the food would cut into the dancing. The staff moved seamlessly and got the food service out fast. Cons - I like my wine. I had hopes for a higher grade of wines and the champagne was way too sweet. - I already said the cocktail hour was a pro but for future weddings I can't imagine having the cocktail hour upstairs right outside the ballroom. If that had been the case for us it would have been impossible for us to book the venue. - When we booked the venue it had adorable couches and chairs in the bar area. I hate tables and chairs all over and had enjoyed the posh feel. Right before our wedding they replaced the couches with tables and chairs which was disappointing - We did not receive our toiletry basket back after the wedding (that stuff was expensive!) - I would have hoped for a better deal on brunch the day after the wedding but it was completely out of our price range. I would choose this venue again and again. Spring Lake itself is indescribable. Be prepared for things to go wrong on your wedding day; however, you can rest assure that The Mill will not be one of your headaches.

Beautiful Reception

Reviewed on 7/07/2014 Rachel H

My husband and I loved every minute of our wedding day, and much of this is thanks to The Mill. We had our reception in the big upstairs ballroom. All of our guests commented on how beautiful the cocktail hour room was, and loved the view of the pond, complete with swans. The... Read More appetizers were bountiful, and I especially loved the raspberry-brie puffs. During the reception Lauren (the banquet manager) made sure everything went to plan. She graciously used my ipod for the cocktail hour, and even participated in our flash mob!!! Mario and I really enjoyed having our own personal waiter at the sweetheart table- it felt very VIP.

Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 6/19/2014 Sarah P

The Mill was our first venue and only venue we looked at. From meeting with Amy the very first time, we knew this is where we wanted our wedding to be. We met with Amy several times in the planning process, which was helpful when we had to narrow down choices and had various... Read More questions. Over a year later, we are still hearing from our guests how much they loved our wedding, and how great the food was. We dropped off all the items for the centerpieces (you have to provide), and other various items (guest book, and various things for cocktail hour) on Wednesday night before our wedding on Friday. We went over everything, and how we wanted everything to be on the table. When we got to the reception hall the night of our wedding, everything was right where it needed to be. We are very pleased with our experience, and would recommend to anyone looking to have a wedding close to the beach.

Rehearsal dinner

Reviewed on 8/07/2013 Ruth k

HD my rehearsal dinner for about 40 people. We renter the room off the first floor bar area. Gabriel was in charge of our party and he was fantastic. The food was amazing, we had steak, seafood crepes and chicken with a veggie option. Everyone loved the food. My babysitter... Read More didn't get a chance to eat and they wrapped up her dinner so she could eat it later. They food, service Nd decor were fabulous.

Beautiful Ballroom for Value - amazing food

Reviewed on 4/20/2013 Bridget B

We had the deluxe package - and it was a lot of food (more than I realized) and everyone RAVED about the delicious - and enormous - giant shrimp at the raw bar. The lobster bisque was also fantastic. I was worried I wouldn't get to try everything, and they packaged up a ton of... Read More food and cake for me when I picked up our decor the following day which was awesome. I think the food here was of higher quality than some places that cost much more - and they were very flexible in terms of how much I brought in (and vendors) to decorate. I worked with Amy who answered emails from me (long distance!) all year long and was extremely helpful. One suggestion - don't do the cake cutting ceremony and let everything dance. The dinner was served a little late, and I was getting very anxious about getting everyone on the dancefloor (which is all I was interested in).

Delightful and Delicious :)

Reviewed on 3/08/2013 Elyse B

This past August, my husband and I got married at The Mill in Spring Lake. The Mill was the perfect venue, and had everything we dreamed of for our wedding. The grounds were gorgeous, and our outdoor ceremony by the lake couldn't have been any more beautiful! The food was... Read More absolutely amazing, and our friends and family are still raving about it! Our cocktail hour and reception were upstairs, with a scenic view overlooking the lake. Working with Amy in planning for our big day was such a pleasure. She always answered our questions rather quickly, eased any concerns we had, and made sure things ran smoothly. We always enjoyed talking with her, and she was wonderful, especially with handling special food requests. Amy played a big role in making sure our day was the perfect day we would always remember. We are so glad we chose to get married at The Mill, and look forward to returning soon for another delicious meal!

Great Venue

Reviewed on 3/03/2013 Kristy B

We had a wonderful experience with The Mill, from start to finish. Matie was our event coordinator and she was fantastic. She was very quick to respond to my e-mail questions, and so very easy to work with - so professional and very sweet. She really solidified that we had... Read More made the right decision, well before the day of the event. We also had a great relationship with Jim, the banquet manager - he was the 'ringleader' for the events the day of the wedding, and he was also fantastic. Everything went very smoothly, he directed us where to go and what to do and when, and had a calm and very kind way about him, which was great on a hectic day. Our waiter, Jeff was also very kind, funny, and helpful, as he came to find us and let us know when courses were served so we could sit down and enjoy the food. The food was great - all of our guests spoke highly about the quantity and quality of the food and drinks. The mashed potato bar was a hit, and the potatoes were incredibly creamy and delicious. We had a small event, using the room downstairs next to the deck and had the wedding ceremony upstairs in the Atrium. The view over the lake was beautiful, and the Atrium is a great location for pictures. We also took pictures outside by the lake at sunset, and the pictures came out beautiful. If I had a criticism, I would say that the placement of the photo booth made it impossible for us to access the deck directly from the reception room, but it was very cold out on our wedding day, so there wasn't a large need for it. The Mill was overall a wonderful location for the ceremony and reception, and the service, food, and coordination of the events was excellent. I would highly recommend them.

Wedding of our Dreams!

Reviewed on 1/26/2013 Melissa F

We visited several venues at the Jersey Shore in hopes of finding one for our dream wedding reception. As soon as we walked into The Mill and met Amy Floss, we knew that our search had ended. Amy was amazing to work with from day one. She made the entire planning process so... Read More easy as she guided us step by step. Amy helped us finalize our date and contract, arranged food tastings with our parents, spent time catching up with us at bridal shows, and helped us plan the final details which would make our wedding reception a night to remember. She was always available by phone and email to answer EVERY question, offer suggestions, and give opinions based on her experiences with other weddings. Amy put our minds at ease and we knew that we were in great hands! Thinking back on our wedding day, we couldn’t have been happier that we chose The Mill for our reception. It was the perfect mix of the modern and rustic wedding venue that we had hoped for. From the moment they arrived, our family and friends enjoyed delicious food (and lots of it!), amazing drinks (including our signature drinks and special order beer), and outstanding service! The entire experience went above and beyond our expectations. We are still getting compliments from family and friends for choosing such a perfect place to celebrate our wedding day. Every bride and groom hopes for the wedding reception of their dreams. We are so happy that we chose The Mill. Amy, Lauren, and the rest of the staff truly made all of our wedding dreams come true. Every detail of our wedding reception went so smoothly and the set up looked amazing! We highly recommend The Mill, Amy Floss and staff to any couple who is searching for the perfect wedding reception location. Your memories there will last a lifetime – we promise!

not very happy

Reviewed on 1/25/2013 kim s

we booked our wedding at the mill for may, 2013. due to unforseen, unfortunate circumstances, we had to cancel 4 months before. we booked the downstairs room, and had put down $4000, $880 more than we were contractually obligated for. we hoped they would consider giving us... Read More something back being they had re booked the room 1 week later, less the difference in party pricing and a percentage if neccesary, and they seem unwilling to consider it. this is a lot of money to lose, for what was at this point, a 20 minute meeting and e mails. we are very disappointed. we realize that there is a non refundable policy, but some circumstances are out of our control. if they had not re booked, we wouldn't have a complaint.

Excellent and beautiful venue

Reviewed on 11/27/2012 Sue K

Although Hurricane Sandy caused us to have to move our wedding from The Mill to another venue, they were extremely helpful and refunded us 100% of our payment.

WONDERFUL VENUE!

Reviewed on 11/26/2012 Carrie D

We got married on October 20th and were lucky to have a beautiful 70 degree day on our wedding. We got married outside by the lake and it was gorgeous. The food and the staff was incredible. I did not hear any negative feedback at all from our guests. Everyone raved about the... Read More food and the service. Amy Floss was great and responded to my questions promptly and Jim was great the day of the wedding. I did not have to worry about ANYTHING. We also hired Bruce Foster to play keyboard during our ceremony and during our cocktail hour. He was wonderful! I would highly recommend The Mill for your wedding!

AH-MAZE-ING!

Reviewed on 10/15/2012 Renee D

I have nothing but positive things to boast about The Mill. First off, what a stunning location it was. We thankfully lucked out and had a gorgeous day, so we were able to get married in the lakeside gazebo. Throughout the process, we worked with Amy, who by far exceeded... Read More expectations. She was there answering phone calls, e-mails and basically handling every request we could come up with. Our guests were stunned with the beauty of the venue, and many of our unmarried friends said that they are going to have their wedding here. Many brides probably say their wedding was perfect, but ours truly was amazing. We didn't have to worry about anything because all the prep work and details were handled seamlessly. We would recommend The Mill to anyone and everyone. People always say it's "location, location, location" and we truly struck gold with The Mill. If you are thinking about it, stop and just book it already! You will not be disappointed.

Start a Conversation!