The Millennium Center

Winston-Salem, NC

Capacity: Up to 400 | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Historic Millennium Center

A National Historic Landmark w/ 3 unique floors w/ catering, decor, A/V & most anything else you need. Spaces for 50-500. Wedding receptions cost from $80 - $100 per person. Most Brides will only bring their cake, special decor, flowers, and entertainment. Let us set the stage for your big day!

• Indoor Ceremony Area

• Valet Parking

• Wheelchair Accessible

$$$

Style

Banquet/Reception Hall, Loft/Raw Space, Mansion/Historic Site, Museum/Gallery, Unusual/Alternative

101 W. 5th St., Winston-Salem, NC

Howard-Forrest Wedding

Reviewed on 3/30/2014 Darryl H

This was our third wedding and the first at the Millennium Center. The facility met all our needs. We were able to have the wedding in the same room as the reception. I was concerned that the ceremony would not be a traditional church type setting but they made it beautiful and respective, and then in absolutely no time they had the place switched over to a beautiful reception while the guest socialized in another area. The lightening was unique and beautiful. I really loved that we had so much room to dance and move around. Too many times you are bumping into people but that was not a problem here. The food was wonderful as well. We had so many choices to pick from and they accommodated all of our request. We had a place to get dressed and they provided us snacks and drinks. I have had many people ask if we could do it again because everyone had such a wonderful time. Compared to many other places the Millennium Center was a very good deal. I liked knowing that everything was inclusive and I did not have to go out and find someone to provide the food, table lines, lightening, etc. The only thing we had to get separate was the DJ, flowers, and cake, however they made wonderful recommendations and would also do flowers for us if needed. My suggestion to anyone planning for a wedding would be spend your money on the setting and food because that is what people will remember when looking back to the fun-filled day.

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 3/27/2014 Sarah C

I had no doubt that this was the place that I wanted my wedding. The first time I walked in for the consultation I was blown away and my head started thinking. Greg and his staff were so comprimising and helpful, since this was my first time. Anything I asked for it was there for me. I had a long engagement so lots of planning. It wasn't until 3 months up to my wedding that I needed to have much contact with them. The day of my wedding I was completely ok with knowing Greg and his staff had it all taken care of. It was nice knowing that the food and decorating was left in their hands. My bridesmaids also were very thankful that I was not barking out orders to them. We got so many compliments and people still talk about my DREAM wedding. The food is AMAZING! AMAZING! AMAZING! I got to chose my meal and it was the best. Again I could not have asked for anything more from The Millennium Center! Wonderful!

Top-notch wedding venue!

Reviewed on 10/19/2013 Candie C

We were so happy with our wedding and all the work that Greg and his staff put into it. He decorated the space absolutely beautifully and we could not have been happier! The food was also incredible, by far the best food I've ever had at a wedding (and many of our guests said the same!) Highly recommend!

Perfection

Reviewed on 12/18/2014 Emily M

I was married less than a week ago and couldn't wait to return to write these guys a review. Perfection is an understatement - Greg, Jon, and all of the team were THE most amazing people to work with. Greg answered every question very quickly and Jon worked with us personally to make sure the set up was everything I envisioned. Myself, my groom, and my parents felt so pampered through the entire process. People are continually telling me how great the food was, and how great the service was. The food was amazing and Greg easily worked with our budget to give me what I wanted in a classy buffet style. The service was on par for a 4-star restaurant. Myself and the groom had our plates served to us, champagne bottle service at our table, and continuous servers asking us if we needed anything. Unlike most people I actually ate at my wedding! I can't say enough about these guys and would recommend them ten times over. Worth every single penny!

Timeless Elegance

Reviewed on 12/17/2014 Deniece M

We had our wedding at the Millennium Center in August of 2014 and it was the best venue we could have chosen! It was beautiful, classic, elegant and perfectly situated in the heart of downtown Winston-Salem where we call home. The hassle-free planning process moves at your own speed and you can customize your event to fit easily into your budget. The Millennium Center is perfect for any size event (ours was 250 people), and your guests will talk about the venue for weeks following your wedding. The staff was accommodating the day and night of our wedding and the staff did their part to make sure that we remained hydrated throughout the night and that we actually had a chance to eat our dinner. You'll not regret getting married at OR having your reception at the Millennium Center. Greg and his team are attentive, personable and they do the leg work so you can relax and enjoy the party.

Great!

Reviewed on 11/15/2014 Melissa F

Everything about the Millennium Center was amazing! They provide everything from the food, tables, chairs, sound system, waiters, etc. making planning a reception pretty easy. The owner, Greg, is a really amazing man and will work with you to make your day perfect. The staff are also all very kind and helpful, and put up with me rearranging the front area about 3 times before I found a configuration I liked. The food was also incredible, and the wait staff were courteous and efficient. Everyone complimented us on the amazing meal. At the beginning of our reception, the sound system messed up a little and one of the staff members immediately came to fix it, and I appreciated his swiftness in identifying and fixing the problem. I would recommend the Millennium Center 100%-- it was a great experience and a wonderful reception!

A dream come true!

Reviewed on 10/18/2014 Kristen M

Everything was better than I could have ever imagined! Greg and his staff treated us like their own family and did their best to quickly accommodate every request, no matter how strange and indecisive, it might have been. The entire planning process was easy and stress free!

You should have your wedding here, you won't regret it.

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Natassia S

The Millennium Center was the best choice to have the wedding reception of our dreams. The space is one of a kind, the staff is second to none, and the catering was so fantastic it will be praised for years to come. We had our wedding on a Sunday so we got a very good discount. We had the location all day and all night long. Greg's staff were serving guests from 4:00 in the afternoon until midnight. The customer service here was great, I feel like they really listened to all of my ideas and made everything happen that I wanted. I came in with some very different ideas and instead of discouraging me they actually were impressed with my taste in food and decor and executed everything very well. I will continue to recommend the Millennium Center for future brides who are tired of the standard hotel ballroom.

Amazing Wedding

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Laura K

The Millennium Center is definitely the place for an amazing wedding! Don't let the outside discourage you(my husband was really worried it was across the street from the transit center) but when you are inside it is like a different place. We had our ceremony and reception in the grand ballroom with the cocktail hour in the main lobby. The "flipping" of the room was a little longer than I anticipated but in the end it was all worth it. SO many people have said it was such an amazing wedding, venue, d├ęcor, and every person I talked to said how amazing the food was and they wanted seconds. Somehow the rest of our cake squares weren't put out so everything thought the cake was gone and we really had a ton left over. Greg, John and their entire crew were awesome and so helpful and worked so hard. I think each one of them came up to us to see if we needed anything. The room can be transformed into anything you may dream of. Greg (the owner) responds to emails quickly and provides all the info you could need. Definitely the best choice we could've picked for our wedding...it went by way to fast and I'd love to have it all over again!

Review of Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 4/15/2014 Cindy Bay W

The Millennium Center is a full service wedding venue, offering both traditional and unique facilities within the same building. The staff is very professional, experienced and easy to work with. As a professional couple, we wanted a facility that could implement our ideas without our constant involvement. The Millennium Center delivered an excellent product in a cost-effective manner. The on-site chef prepared an excellent meal that was served warm and presented beautifully. The flowers were as requested, beautiful and extremely cost-effective when compared to local florists. The wedding and reception went smoothly for both the bridal party and guests. I would highly recommend that the Millennium Center be considered and compared with any other local venue.

Excellent

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Jessica D

The Millennium Center was wonderful. At first I was skeptical because the owner seems a little scatter brained, but he has a great team surrounding him. Every detail was perfect, food was great, and the venue itself is absolutely beautiful and so different from your typical wedding venue!

The Millennium Center

Reviewed on 9/23/2013 Sarah Y

Oh my goodness, I cannot say enough good things about the Millennium Center. While planning my wedding, I was finishing up graduate school and my mom was working full time, so needless to say we were both busy. The Millennium Center was the perfect location for us because they took care of everything from linens to food and drinks. It was so wonderful not to have to coordinate with several vendors the week before and day of the wedding. The staff at the Millennium Center worked with all my requests and went above and beyond. They even found gluten-free beer for my guests who had this dietary restriction. They were also great with involving me in every decision, even down to how I wanted the napkins folded! There were about 400 guests at my wedding; however, the large space at the Millennium Center never felt crowded. All my guest were fed extremely fast and did not have to wait for drinks. Plus, they were all in awe by the gorgeous historical venue. Just to help give a better a ideal of how great this vendor is, here is the thank you note I wrote a few weeks after the wedding: "Dear Greg and Staff, This note is a little overdue. However, I just had to write to tell you thank you for helping to make my wedding day so special and perfect. You all literally took care of everything and went above and beyond all of my requests. It was such a blessing to not have to worry about a single detail on my wedding day. Because I knew y'all had everything covered, I was able to relax and enjoy time with my friends, family and new husband. You not only made me and Wells feel like a King and Queen, you made both our parents feel like royalty as well! The staff was excellent at anticipating all my guests' needs. Everyone is still talking about the delicious food and gorgeous venue! Thank you sincerely for making Wells and my wedding an event we will remember for a lifetime!" I would definitely recommend the Millennium Center to any bride or groom!

My favorite WS Venue

Reviewed on 8/24/2013 faye v

The folks at the millennium center sure know how to take care of their guests, the staff are awesome and the place is beautiful I would highly recommend this venue to future brides words cannot express how they 100% outshine local venues for their professionalism I love this place!

MH

Reviewed on 8/18/2013 elizabeth h

We hosted a rehearsal dinner for 200 people at the Millennium Center, August 2013, and Greg and his wonderful staff provided an evening to remember! His vision, flexibility and value made the entire planning process enjoyable. He took my vision of a formal family style dining experience and ran with my ideas and created a spectacular evening with a stunning setting and outstanding food and service. The additional plus is that he had everything I needed in-house... candles, linens, chiavari chairs, and beautiful chandeliers. I did not have to rent a thing....Patrick, the chef, took my dinner requests and created a meal that surpasses anything I have ever had in NC. The ease with which he served 200 was astounding. His creativity took a basic rehearsal dinner and made it a fabulous event. Our guests have been calling for his recipes: figs stuffed with goat cheese mousse, herb crusted tenderloin with chimachurri sauce and much more. After the dinner, we moved downstairs to a party at the "Speakeasy". Once again, they took my ideas of a fun party night and created an atmosphere that took us into the early morning hours, including egg croissants at midnight. We had to finally dim the lights to get all to leave. Greg was there from start to finish making sure that everything went off according to my expectations and I was free to enjoy the evening with family and friends. We truly can not thank Greg enough for this wonderful evening.

Matt and Victoria's Rehearsal Dinner and Reception

Reviewed on 8/12/2013 DAVID T

This was the second time we called upon The Millennium Center for a wedding event. For our oldest daughter, we relied upon Greg and his staff for the reception; for our youngest son and our new daughter-in-law, we called upon Greg and his staff for the rehearsal dinner and the reception. Greg spent plenty of time with Matt and Victoria, as well as with my wife and me, to make sure that the events reflected Matt and Victoria's individual tastes and preferences. Everything was done for both events as promised and on budget. The food, beverages, and decor were as we had wanted them to be. The attention to detail was incredible. We are constantly hearing from guests about how much they enjoyed the events. It could not have been a better weekend for us simply because it was perfect.

Love The Millennium Center!

Reviewed on 8/07/2013 Julia D

Had my daughters wedding at The Millennium Center. Greg, Cyndi and Frasier were so amazing and helpful to work with! The reception was beautiful and everything we imagined! Would 100% recommend having your wedding and/or reception there!

A Perfect Day

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 Jordan M

The Millennium Center was everything I dreamed of and more for our wedding day. Everything went so smoothly and it left me to really enjoy our day! The food was incredible, the decorations flawless, the staff was professional and friendly, and the ambiance was incredible. I would definitely recommend this venue to any bride looking to have the perfect wedding day!

THE PERFECT WEDDING!!!

Reviewed on 7/04/2013 Megan L

We truly had a wonderful wedding and can't thank Greg, John, and the rest of the Millennium Center staff for everything they did. The venue was beautiful, the staff was friendly and great to work with, the food was excellent, and the day was perfect. Would recommend this venue to anyone!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 6/19/2013 Caroline D

Everyone at the Millennium Center was so amazing to work with. They made the process so easy and my wedding turned out beautifully! I wouldn't have gone anywhere else and would completely recommend using them! The food was AMAZING! Guests are still talking about it and the overall feel of the historic building can't be beat. They also are constantly making improvements which is nice. Greg and Cindy are awesome to work with!

Fairy Tale Wedding

Reviewed on 5/02/2013 Rea E

I had my wedding there in April and had a wonderful time. Greg was great to work with and accommodated a lot of our needs. I started a new job in another city and Greg was great at meeting our schedule for planning purposes. I had a fairly large wedding and I could not have found a better place to have it. I felt the cost that we paid and all the accommodations he did for us saved us a great amount of money. Our wedding day was great and his staff was amazing. The place looked beautiful and our guest could not stop commenting on the location. My friends left talking about how they loved our servers and bartenders. Its been a month and they are still mentioning how awesome the service was. I would recommend this location! You may think that other locations may be cheaper but consider the cost of decorations and what other add ons those places will put in your total. After all of that, I am pretty certain the difference will be more than the cost of this location who pretty much has everything a bride needs! The food is also AWESOME!!! When I was looking for a venue this was on the top of party planners list because of the food! This place has amazing food!

Every Bride should have a venue this beautiful!

Reviewed on 2/06/2013 Robin P

We cannot say enough GREAT things about Greg and his staff at the Millennium Center. We had a large wedding of over 300 people and made if through the whole thing stress free with Greg's help! To start, the venue is break taking! An old Federal building that has been restored into a beautiful venue with the best lighting, sound system, and staff around! We had a unique sports themed wedding that the Millennium Center help make everything we ever dreamed of and more! We met multiple times with Greg and the staff to iron out details and finalized plans. The venue was open to us all day prior to set up. When we arrived for the reception Greg had made special reserved parking spots for us and for our close family members. When we walked in, we couldn't believe our eyes, it was just perfect inside! Everything was set up as we has discussed, the food was unbelievable and the professionalism of the staff was second to none! At the conclusion of the night, Greg kept all our belonging for our parents to go back the next day, when things had slowed down, and collect. To top matters off, almost three weeks out from our wedding, we still have family and friends commenting on what a great time they had and how beautiful the Millennium center was! We couldn't be more pleased with our decision to have our event at the Millennium Center and would recommend every bride at least go check it out! Thank you Greg, Cynthia, and the rest of the staff for helping make our dream a reality!

The Millennium Center exceeded our expectations!

Reviewed on 2/03/2013 Amy E

My daughter was married in Winston Salem, NC on December 8,2012. The reception was held at the Millennium Center. The staff was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. They were truly interested in making every aspect of the event exactly what we wanted. They were friendly, knowledgeable and professional. We were especially pleased with the "all inclusive" pricing. And it really did include EVERYTHING! We can't imagine that we could have gotten more for our money anywhere else in town. The ballroom was beautiful and allowed plenty of room for cocktails, dinner, dancing, a photo booth and even a lounge area. And the food was out of this world. Many of our guests commented that the food was the best they had ever had at a wedding reception. We agreed. The Millennium Center truly exceeded our expectations on all counts. We would recommend them for any special occasion, large or small. You can count on them to make your dreams come true!

Amazing Venue & Great Staff

Reviewed on 1/23/2013 Anna E

Greg & Cyndi at the MC are an amazing pair. Every time I went by before the wedding to talk with them or talk through ideas, they treated me like I was the only bride on their calendar! Several, and I mean LOTS of people have told us it was the "nicest" "most sophisticated" "most beautiful" "elegant" etc wedding they have ever been to... and we had guests from Cali, Texas, Miami, NYC, etc. The set up was beautiful, the food (they do their own catering) was amazing -- and we were also told that it was the best food people had ever had at a wedding. They put up a Christmas tree for us as a surprise (they cleared it with us a few days before) but it made our December wedding that much more beautiful! They also spontaneously set up a coffee/liquer bar without even being asked after one of the bridesmaids asked if there was coffee service ready yet. Someone came by and told me what a great idea I had for that... totally wasn't my idea, Greg just went above and beyond as usual! I honestly can't imagine that our wedding could have been any better, it was more of everything than I had even hoped for. I wish we could do it all over again. Their service is truly turn-key and all-encompassing!

Amazing Reception!

Reviewed on 11/08/2012 Lee p

There really aren't words to express how wonderful Greg and his staff truly are! My guests continue to rave about the beautiful and unique venue, the amazing service, and of couse the stellar food! Everyone has said it was the best they had ever tasted at a wedding! The ballroom was beautiful! It is so obvious that everyone at the Millennium Center loves what they do and they will go out of their way to make sure that your day is perfect! I can't imagine my wedding without them!!!

"People-First" kind of business

Reviewed on 11/07/2012 Meredith Y

The first time we met with Gregory and Cindy they were attentive to every detail, listening to our wishes and dreams, and offering great suggestions that enhanced the overall experience. The Millennium Center is a "people-first" kind of business and they recognize that to the fullest. Their hands-on approach to dealing with you is truly fantastic. They have an extraordinary gift in putting you at ease, and then most importantly delivering (actually over-delivering) on there promises. On top of all that, the VALUE of the food and services they provide is tremendous. The venue in and of itself is amazing. The charm and history that it exudes gives the perfect ambience for a wedding to remember. The high ceilings, the antique light fixtures, the marble floors in the ball room, the marble throughout the perimeter areas, and the scattering of the various bars and vestibules where people can congregate and spread out, are simply the finishing touches. Our experience was truly a "fairy-tale" wedding for our daughter.

TO The Millennium Center