68 Parsons St. #1, Newton, MA (617) 564-0330

Made our ceremony special!

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Guillaume D

My fiance and I were so excited to find Lauren as our harpist because she was open to trying some different and more modern songs. She learned several Radiohead songs and adapted them to the harp BEAUTIFULLY! We are big radiohead fans and its part of the reason we met so we... Read More wanted our recessional to be Radiohead. She gave me great advice on the best sound for a recessional and it turned out so amazingly. People who know Radiohead were blown away by the detail and those guests who didnt just thought the music was beautiful. She made the whole process so easy for me and helped me set up the perfect ceremony and cocktail hour! Would highly recommend her for classic, traditional and more modern, adventurous weddings!!!

Stop searching for a harpist- you've found the BEST!

Reviewed on 6/22/2014 K S

Lauren is an absolute pleasure to work with and I highly recommend her! I had my heart set on using contemporary music for our ceremony. When I saw Lauren play, I knew that I had found my harpist! A few weeks before our big day, the priest (we were getting married in a... Read More Catholic church) told me that I wasn't allowed to use anything but "church approved" music! Ahhhh! Panic mode! Lauren was amazing and saved the day; she sent me lots of samples of different church songs until we found something. The girl can play anything- classical, contemporary, church-friendly and priest approved! Search no further, Brides, you've found the best!

May 31, 2014 wedding

Reviewed on 6/04/2014 margaret c

Lauren is an accomplished and highly skilled harpist with a repertoire which is traditional and contemporary providing music which is quite beautiful and exhilerating.

Fantastic Ceremony and Cocktail Hour Musician

Reviewed on 5/23/2014 Neeley M

I highly recommend Lauren, the Modern Harpist, for your wedding. Lauren has a really large repertoire of music that she can play well and was willing to learn two new songs for our ceremony. I was hiring vendors from across the country, so Lauren's attitude and professionalism... Read More eased any worries that I had. She attended to every detail, was prompt in responding to email and to arriving at the ceremony. Most importantly, my guests really enjoyed her music. Many thumbs up!

The best

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 Xining D

My wife and I were looking for a harpist for our wedding ceremony and luckily we found Lauren! From the very beginning Lauren was easy to work with. She discussed in every detail with us and helped us to choose the best music. Her play during the ceremony was the perfect... Read More addition to the atomosphere, and all my guest were impressed! I would highly recommend Lauren for anyone who is looking for a harpist for the wedding!

Excellent for cocktail hour

Reviewed on 10/17/2013 Krys G

We had Lauren for our cocktail hour. Although we didn't get to see her because we were busy with pictures, our guests raved about how great she was. She added a beautiful, unique touch to our wedding and we are so glad that we had her!

Wedding Day Perfection

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Christine S

Lauren was the perfect addition to our wedding. She played during the ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner. She added that extra flair to an already perfect day. Christine Day

Made my day!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Gabrielle P

Lauren was amazing! She was professional and very easy to work with from start to finish. She is an incredible harpist and her beautiful sound was exactly what I was looking for at my wedding. Lauren also accompanied my friend who sang during the ceremony. She was so... Read More accommodating in working with my friend beforehand to ensure the sound was right. My only regret was not having a video of the ceremony! I would highly recommend Lauren baker!

Impressive & Professional Musician

Reviewed on 9/28/2013 Sarah H

We hired Lauren Baker (The Modern Harpist) to play at our wedding in August 2013. Our experience working with Lauren was excellent and we would highly recommend her. Lauren played during our ceremony and reception, and was a tremendous addition to the atmosphere. She offers a... Read More wide range of music that appeals to a variety of audiences and plays all of it beautifully. Thank you Lauren for your hard work and professionalism!

Ceremony Music

Reviewed on 7/12/2013 Ella H

My husband and I wanted something traditional at our wedding and we decided on a harpist for our ceremony. Looking at gigmasters.com, we came across Lauren's profile and listened to some samples. It was the perfect mix we were looking for - traditional wedding ceremony music... Read More with a mix of contemporary music. Lauren was responsive via email from the initial contact to the detailing, all the way to the actual day. We highly recommend her!

Simply the Best!

Reviewed on 12/24/2012 Alli B

Lauren is a very talented harpist, and was the perfect choice for our wedding in Boston. She was very professional throughout the entire wedding planning process, was very accommodating and open to our requests, and was there early on the big day. She even played a few extra... Read More (lovely!) songs when inclement weather delayed the start of our ceremony. Walking down the aisle to Lauren's beautiful notes was a dream come true! Neither we, nor our guests, could say enough about her. We would strongly recommend Lauren to anyone looking for a harpist for their wedding!

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 11/19/2012 Ashley F

Lauren played at my outdoor wedding at Coggshall Park in Fitchburg, MA this summer and she was amazing!! She was extremely easy to work with and made me feel very comfortable. I am so glad that I found her and couldn't have made a better choice. My guests were very impressed... Read More and loved the sound of the harp. I'd refer her to anyone! You wont be sorry...

Lauren is amazing!

Reviewed on 11/08/2012 Alley M

Lauren played the harp at our wedding ceremony last month and we couldn't have been happier with her services! Not only is she an extremely talented musician, but she was an absolute joy to work with :) She took the time to meet with us and was prompt to respond to every email I... Read More sent her. Lauren was able to help us choose our songs for our wedding ceremony and seeing her YouTube videos really helped us to solidify our decisions. I can't say enough good things about Lauren and I will most definitely be referring her to everyone in search of a harpist. Thanks Lauren! :)

Fabulous

Reviewed on 11/07/2012 Karen I

My daughter Michelle got married September 29, 2012 in Salem MA . Lauren , The Modern Harpist played at her ceremony. Lauren and her music was just so lovely. Lauren was a pleasure to work with. She really listened to us. Her knowledge of music,and love for her work was... Read More evident in all our transactions. She created the perfect atmosphere for our guests and Bridal Party. A perfect choice. Karen R

Wedding Music

Reviewed on 11/07/2012 rachel s

For my wedding I knew I wanted a Harp for the music. I went online and found Lauren, The Modern Harpist. From the start she was easy and great to be in communication with. She made the process of booking her talent super easy! She was so flexible and even drove to Newport, RI... Read More for my wedding. Words cannot express how talented she is and how beautiful the music was throughout the ceremony. Everyone of my guests came up to me at the reception and complimented how beautiful the music was. If you are looking for a Harpist for your special event I would recommend Lauren hands down, you will not be disapointed!