The Mountain Top Inn and Resort

Chittenden, VT

Breathtaking Natural Beauty for Your Special Day.

Set amidst the Green Mountains of Vermont, overlooking a sparkling lake; here you will find the rustic elegance of a classic mountain lodge, surrounded by nature. Your wedding will have the perfect magical backdrop regardless of the season. A memorable Vermont destination wedding, your special day!

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Barn, Waterfront, Hotel, Tented

195 Mountain Top Road, Chittenden, VT

Reviewed on 1/30/2016 Megan K

We had the most amazing wedding day on 1/8/16. We had visited the resort on a groupon deal two years prior for a birthday trip and fell in love with the place. When we got engaged we did not think that we could make MTIR fit into our budget-friendly wedding, but made the trip... Read More from CT to meet with the staff. We ended up choosing a Friday afternoon/evening wedding in January. I was so impressed with their ability to work within our budget. I honestly did not think it would be possible, but they made it happen. Many of our guests said it was the best wedding they had attended with some of the best food. We did station style food waves to help with our budget and there was PLENTY - everyone (myself included) was so full. Caitlin was an absolute pleasure, and our vendor team worked flawlessly together (El Folio Entertainment and Jaclyn Schmitz Photography). We did use the spa which was a lovely space, but would not return if given the choice for hair and/or make-up. We were in a wedding a few months before ours and the hair/make-up team they had was drastically different in quality (and lower in price). We paid over $400 with tip for my wife and I to have our hair and make-up done, which all in all took less than an hour and was not entirely the look we had hoped for. Don't get me wrong, the quality was good, but it was not wedding great.

Solstice Wedding

Reviewed on 1/07/2016 Sarah W

I can not say enough amazing things about the Mountain Top Inn. We had a weekend of wedding festivities for a small wedding and everything was perfect at every step of the way. The staff at the inn are professional and friendly. When you have a wedding here you have a wedding... Read More coordinator included, who helps you plan along the way and is there on your rehearsal and wedding day to run everything smoothly. I would not have hired a coordinator if I had a wedding elsewhere, but boy am I thankful that Chelsea was there for us. She was so reassuring, calm, and organized. The inn has large homes in addition to the beautiful main inn building. They have an amazing bard with beautiful mountain views. We had a welcome party and rehearsal dinner catered in one of the large homes we had some family staying in (the mountain aire lodge). They were both great! It was such an amazing venue, it felt like having it at home, but you didn't have to cook or clean up ;) the food was awesome. We had popcorn with a toppings bar, nachos, sliders, truffle fries and then for the rehearsal, an amazing pasta bar. Seriously delicious, fresh, and the staff presented everything beautifully and kept everything stocked up. Our wedding itself was outstanding. Chelsea kept everything moving smoothly, the barn looked absolutely gorgeous, and the food and drinks were wonderful. We had a small wedding (about 60) and I was worried it would seem too big. They worked their magic and it seemed like it was meant to host our size wedding. After months of prepping all my things like table signs, escort cards, menus, photo booth and other details, it can be nerve wracking to hand it over for someone else to set up, but honestly they did such a fantastic job. Everything looked straight out of pinterest!!! The space is so versatile, you could have a rustic casual wedding or a black tie affair and they would both seem appropriate. There is also a spa onsite, and so many activities at the nordic center. The lake, ski trails, horseback riding make it a great place to have guests enjoy Vermont life. One of my relatives even got engaged on a sleigh ride during the weekend. Our whole wedding was so magical and full of love, and I attribute so much of it to the choice we made when we walked up to MTI a year and a half ago. Our jaws dropped when we saw this beautiful inn overlooking the Chittenden reservoir for the first time and we thought, there's no way a teacher and a grad student can afford this beautiful venue. But they are so willing to work with you, and the service is so amazing, it is worth it a hundred times over. We easily could have spent the same amount on a back yard wedding! This comes with setup, takedown, a wedding coordinator, an amazing tasting, full waitstaff, tables and chairs, and they provide all the catering from a huge and wonderful menu, bar service, and even the option of hair and makeup through the spa. You just can't beat it. One example of the service at MTI: my grandmother in law went to lunch at the restaurant (also great!) and was sitting near a door/window and was cold. A server brought over a small space heater to put under her table. The caring, professional, and friendly nature of everyone at MTI is what sets it apart. Don't be surprised if you see us back at MTI for holidays and reunions in the many years to come! :)

An Amazing Experience!

Reviewed on 5/08/2014 Katherine S

My wedding weekend was truly the best weekend of my life because of the Mountain Top Inn. The location was beautiful, the grounds of the Inn are well kept and maintained and the staff is absolutely incredible. Chelsea, our wedding planner, took care of every detail. No... Read More matter how big or how small the request was, Chelsea and the rest of the staff at the MTI made it happen. My husband's favorite beer is Switchback, so they made sure to have it on tap. I wanted to make sure I had the chance to sample my wedding cake and the rest of the desserts at my wedding and Chelsea made sure to put a sampler of desserts in my room for after the wedding. I had a very specific vision of how I wanted my wedding to be and Chelsea not only listened but made every detail of my vision happen flawlessly. I emailed her incessantly for almost a year and she never seemed to mind and always answered me promptly. The week before the wedding, she made sure to check her emails on her days off in case I needed anything. The rest of the staff is also top-notch. The bartenders at my rehearsal dinner and reception were so professional but at the same time were so fun and personable. They were the life of the party! No request was out of the realm of possibility. The servers also went out of their way for us all weekend. Everyone we met at the MTI during all of the trips up to visit prior to the wedding for planning purposes to the weekend of the wedding instantly became our friends and did everything they could to cater to our needs. We had our wedding in the off season so we couldn't use the boat house for our rehearsal dinner but the MTI let us rent a vacation home and it worked out so well! The food, from the rehearsal dinner to the reception to the farewell brunch was spectacular. All of my guests were raving about their meals! The Mountain Top Inn is a venue that allows you and your guests to get away for the weekend. It's a great place to have a well done, quality event that still allows you to feel as though you can customize your wedding every step of the way. You can plan your wedding exactly how you want it, down to every detail, or sit back and let the amazing, experienced wedding planners do it for you!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 J K

Everyone at MTI (especially Chelsea--Wedding Coordinator @ MTI & Sharon & Heidi--Meadow's Edge Floral Design @ MTI) were beyond helpful and accommodating for our wedding. I still can't get over the gorgeous setting and the quality of service we received. I guarantee that you... Read More will not regret having your wedding here. The food at our wedding was delicious and every request/question we had were responded to promptly. It was a trek for our guests from both coasts to travel to this location--but it was well worth it! Thank you, MTI for having the perfect venue for us to celebrate our special day! And a big thank you to Chelsea, Sharon and Heidi for helping us create the exact wedding we imagined!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Angela M

My husband and I can't say enough about the amazing experience we had at the Mountain Top Inn for our wedding on July 18, 2016. Mountain Top had always been my dream wedding venue and our entire celebration exceeded every expectation we had. Every member of the staff was... Read More amazing and went out of their way to make sure our day was perfect. From the intimate rehearsal dinner we hosted at one of the cottages, to the nail, hair, and makeup services we had at the MTI Spa, each aspect of our wedding was a dream. The food was incredible and many of our guests commented on how impressed they were with the food and accommodations. Most importantly, our wedding coordinator, Caitlin, was a rock star! She made sure every detail was taken care of and not only ensured that our wedding planning process was stress free, but also that it was fun. This was such a gift as we were planning our wedding from out of state. Bottom line, we could not be happier with our Mountain Top wedding experience. It is a day we will treasure for the rest of our lives and we are so grateful for all MTI did to make it perfect!

Perfect Destination Wedding

Reviewed on 12/03/2015 Jess D

If you're in New England and maybe even if you're not, Mountain Top Inn & Resort is the perfect place for a destination wedding. I recently got married there on November 14th, 2015. 130 of our closest friends and family made the 4 hour drive to celebrate for the weekend. We... Read More hosted a welcome party, the rehearsal dinner, the ceremony and reception all on the MTI's property and I have ZERO complaints about anything. Our wedding planner(s) were attentive, helpful and overall amazing. The food was incredible, for all three of our events as well as the desserts, breakfast and all the tavern food (you have to try the truffle fries in the tavern). It was somewhat costly; however the $26k(ish) we paid was WELL worth the money. This also included the cost for us to rent a vacation rental for three nights, and putting our photographer up for two nights. A wedding at home in RI that ends at a set time can be just as costly if not more. MTI does NOT limit the reception time; however you do have to end by 2am as that's the law in VT. All our guests that decided to stay for two nights all stayed on the property without a hitch. There are local hotels that "one nighters" could stay at as well. I would recommend the month of November because it's their only off season month (costs are lower) and if you're having a large wedding, you'll likely take up most of the Inn. Don't hesitate, this place is amazing! Oh and don't forget to google image for pictures, the views are INCREDIBLE.

Absolutely Amazing Experience

Reviewed on 11/21/2015 Stacey S

Our wedding day turned out to be nothing short of perfect, thanks in large part to the phenomenal staff at the Mountain Top Inn. Everyone, down to the person driving the van that brought my husband and I to our cabin after the reception, was so warm and friendly to our guests... Read More and us. The food was perfect, the coordinator (Caitlin) was fantastic, and honestly, could the view be any more perfect?! (the answer to that is no!) I'd recommend this place to anyone, no questions asked.

Beautiful location for a Vermont wedding

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Liz

Our wedding was absolutely amazing and the Mountain Top was a huge part of that. It's not just that the setting cannot be beat. We had an awesome experience working with Caitlin, the wedding coordinator from MTI who was paired with us. She helped our day flow seamlessly -- we... Read More had absolutely nothing to do on our wedding weekend but show up and get married! The food, while on the expensive side, is delicious. The barn is beautiful, and climate controlled which is great for a hot summer or cold winter event. We had a great time relaxing on the Chittenden Reservoir before our rehearsal dinner, using the Inn's beach, kayaks, and stand-up paddle boards to enjoy the water. The chalets and rooms we rented were likewise of very high quality, though again they are on the pricier side. We look forward to celebrating our anniversaries here for years to come!

Perfect Vermont Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 8/30/2015 Jessica W

We got married this past July at the Mountain Top Inn and everything about our day was perfect. Our coordinator, Caitlin, was so organized and made everything so easy for us, she was fantastic to work with. The staff at MTI was so incredibly accommodating with every aspect of... Read More our wedding, and the food was excellent! The venue is on the more expensive side, but it is worth every penny. We already booked a weekend in the spring at MTI so we can enjoy the property without any wedding responsibilities...we absolutely love this place!

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Heather B

I had a fabulous wedding week at the Mountain Top Inn. I have not seen many prettier places to get married and our guests were absolutely taken aback by the views. Since both families were coming from a distance away, we made a large family vacation out of the trip for the... Read More week leading up to the wedding. Definitely take advantage of all of the amenities that the inn has to offer--kayaking, paddle boarding, pool/hot tub, horseback riding (extra $). The lodge itself is very beautiful, but if you have enough people, definitely stay in the vacation homes. Many people chose to do that and had a wonderful time. I would recommend both Four Pines and Wintergreen for larger families, but by far the best house (with the most amazing view) is the White Birches home where my husband and I stayed for the week. We also had our backyard barbeque for our rehearsal dinner there and the views were amazing--not to mention the 20+ horses that were wandering around the fields behind. Our guests raved about the food, both at the events and while they were staying at the inn. The ceremony was up on the "knoll" overlooking the mountains and the water. Not only were the views breathtaking, the landscaping was exquisite as well. Our reception was down at the beach pavilion (only 60 guests), and it was the perfect size and a beautiful location on the water. I would recommend eating in the pavilion and dancing on the deck outside--that way, you have enough space for both. While the ceremony and reception locations are spread out throughout the property, the staff was very quick and accommodating with shuttle rides whenever they were requested. We could not have had a better week there. Thank you!

Reviewed on 6/03/2015

We can't explain how happy we were that we went with MTI as our venue for our wedding. We had looked at multiple venues but as soon as we stepped foot on the property we KNEW it was it. The inn was beautiful, the views were amazing, the barn was a perfect place for our wedding,... Read More and the accommodations (houses to rent) were above and beyond. We wanted a venue where everything could be in one location and MTI offered all of this and more. We had out of town guests rent houses in groups to save money and make a mini vaca out of our wedding weekend. We were able to get almost 1/2 of our wedding guests to ski at Killington the day before while the others, went xc and sledding at MTI. Now, I am a foodie and was so worried about the food...but it all came out hot and delicious! They set up everything and took it down and i was stress free on my wedding day! We had an outdoor ceremony in March (yes) where it snowed and MTI did an amazing job at working us to get a snow cat for our pictures, a sleigh ride to hold all of the wedding party as the entrance to the ceremony, hot chocolate for the guests, etc. We worked with Jodie and she made sure everything went perfectly and she never let me see her stress as I am sure she knew I would start to stress. Wedding was perfect and Jodie was there every step of the way to ensure our day was PERFECT. Our guests had SO many compliments about the service at MTI; welcoming, friendly, accommodating, etc. Go with MTI if you love that rustic/barn/outdoor venue.

Absolutely Amazing Venue!

Reviewed on 4/21/2015 Erin B

This place is truly amazing! The staff at The Mountain Top Inn and resort were great to work with, so friendly and accommodating. Our coordinator Caitlin, went above and beyond our expecting and we were truly blessed to have Caitlin help us every step of the way. All of are... Read More friends and family are still talking about how much fun they had at the Mountain Top. My husband and I love this place so much that can't wait to visit and make an annual trip to celebrate our anniversary.

Simply the best

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Heather M

Words can not describe how wonderful the MTI and staff truly are. I never once felt like just another bride, despite them holding weddings all year long. My family and friends were free to enjoy the amazing location, the fabulous service, leaving my husband and I free to soak... Read More it all in. Views, food, bar, outdoor ceremony - everything we wanted all in one great location. We chose this venue for the feeling we got from the moment we drove up to visit, and I am could not be more pleased with our choice. Just the best.

Wonderful New England Venue

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Jennifer L

We loved working with Mountain Top Inn for our September wedding. The wedding coordinator made sure that our weekend was filled with fun and love rather than table settings and cake deliveries. They truly are professionals. Our guests loved their time in Vermont, and there... Read More are a variety of housing options for different price points.

A great experience from beginning to end

Reviewed on 6/01/2014 Shen L

My wife and I got married at the Mountain Top Inn a few months back and it was truly a terrific experience from beginning to end. Chelsea was our wedding coordinator and she was super professional from our first interaction with her. She was super-responsive to our many... Read More questions and also proactively made sure we were thinking about details that we needed to think through. The wedding weekend itself was terrific. The memory that best exemplifies our experience was after my wife and I went down the sledding hill in our wedding attire. We came back into the lodge invigorated, but cold and covered with snow. The staff had drinks waiting for both of us, a hot toddy for my wife and something called 'liquid fire' for me. That was pretty much how things went the entire time -- really friendly, attentive, and thoughtful service. The venue itself is beautiful. We wanted a rustic venue close to nature, but also a place where all our guests could stay on-site and Mountain Top fit that right to a tee. The event barn is a modern space with a rustic feel to it. It can accommodate a few hundred people, but did not feel too large for our wedding of about 90 guests. We had a winter wedding so many of our guests went skiing at Killington which isn't far away, or did cross-country skiing (there are a number of trails on the Mountain Top property). Pretty much everyone took advantage of the sledding hill, since they have sleds available for anyone to use at any time. A word about food - the food at the actual reception was great, but we were a bit underwhelmed at the tasting. Mountain Top does two tastings a year where they bring together all the couples who are getting married in the upcoming months. This way, you get to taste a wider variety of things, but I think that doing things this way makes quaity control a bit harder. For example, the salmon that was a bit dry at the tasting was perfectly cooked at the reception itself. I guess it's better to have the food come out well at the event than at the tasting, but something to keep in mind. The restaurant at the inn itself is terrific and we had many great meals there. Anyway, to sum it up, Mountain Top is a beautiful venue in a beautiful setting with really good food and great service. Highly recommended if you're looking for a wedding in a rustic venue without compromising on the creature comforts!

Had a beautiful day!

Reviewed on 4/16/2014 Gayle H

I grew up in Vermont and really wanted to return to my home state for the big day, my husband was on board with this and we both wanted something rustic, fun and classy. The Mtn Top Inn is all these things! The ceremony site is beautiful! Both reception sites are very nice - I... Read More can't speak to the barn b/c my husband wanted the tent and we loved it, but the barn seemed nice too. The food was good, the backdrop and setting is phenomenally beautiful. We used the Mountain Aire Lodge to house us and several members of our bridal party for the weekend and it was amazing. It's a bit pricey but well worth the splurge!! The resort staff and our wedding planner, Lauren are all laid back and want to work with you to make your day exactly what you want. My husband and I have only the best things to say about The Mtn Top Inn/Resort, our wedding and our day! Thank you, Mountain Top Inn!

A splendid event

Reviewed on 1/28/2014 Audrie L

I had a wonderful wedding in the Barn at The Mountain Top Inn and resort. Over 100 of my family and friends gathered and stayed for the weekend. The resort staff was attentive. The food was beautiful and delicious. The location is outstanding and picturesque despite rainy... Read More conditions. Khele and Leah made our day something very special for us and our families.

Beautiful setting, great value, service needs work

Reviewed on 11/24/2013 Phillip D

We loved this location and everything about it! The food was great, and there was so much for guests to do over the weekend. Our only complaint is our experience with the wedding planner. She was slow to return emails, couldn't seem to remember the details of what we wanted... Read More (we had to continually correct her), constantly tried to push for us to spend more money, and didn't seem to be enthusiastic about her job. To her credit, she had everything together on the day of the wedding and we had a wonderful experience. Would recommend to others.

Beautiful venue with top-notch food and service

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Kirsten S

We had our wedding at the Mountain Top Inn last month and couldn't be more thrilled with how it all turned out. We had our ceremony up on the knoll (the sun came out just long enough for us to squeeze it in!) and our cocktail hour and reception in the new barn. We worked... Read More with Chelsea, one of the two coordinators for the Mountain Top, from the moment we signed the contract. She was incredibly helpful, answering every single question I had and providing guidance throughout the year leading up to the wedding. And on the weekend of the wedding itself, she and the staff of the Mountain Top took care of everything including setup of our decorations, corralling everyone for both the rehearsal and the ceremony, coordinating the vendors, etc. Because of Chelsea and the staff, my husband and I were able to relax and enjoy spending the weekend with our family and friends. Every single element of the service was top notch. JR, the bartender, worked with us to get our signature cocktail perfected (and made sure we always had one in our hands at the cocktail hour and reception!), the wait staff was incredibly professional and friendly, and every single member of the staff was happy to help anytime a question arose. In fact several of our guests commented on how wonderful the service/staff was. I'd be remiss to not mention the food as it was fantastic. We received a ton of compliments on the prime rib but people also enjoyed the chicken statler and autumn risotto too (and the sides were all delicious!) To produce such good food in such large quantities is challenging but the Mountain Top did an amazing job. And the food was very reasonably priced. Our guests had a great time all weekend (several took advance of the activities on site on Saturday morning, including kayaking, clay shooting, tennis, etc.). And they loved having everything - including the rehearsal dinner - on site. We were absolutely thrilled with how the whole wedding weekend turned out and can't wait to return to the Mountain Top to celebrate future anniversaries.

wedding venue

Reviewed on 9/21/2013 Michele P

We had a wonderful wedding at the resort. The food was excellent and Lauren the wedding coordinator was amazing. My only recommendation for improvement is that many resort guests went through the barn while I was setting up and even were so bold as to touch my wedding favors and... Read More decorations. I think the barn should be off limits unless accompanied by a resort staff member (for potential brides and grooms). Other than that, I was very pleased with my experience.

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 11/13/2012 Jennifer G

The first time I saw this place I fell in love with it! The folliage was perfect for my wedding. The staff is helpful and communicate often! I had a Sunday wedding, so no venue fee. The food was a little expensive but nothing you wouldn't expect. The lodging was wonderful as... Read More well. They offered me rooms at the same rate as the comfort inn. My final cost included rooms, food, rehearsal dinnner, the whole deal (minus the cake and the flowers). I can't say enough good things! everything was wonderful!

Amazing for weekend wedding!

Reviewed on 11/12/2012 Jennifer G

The Mountain Top Inn is amazing for a weekend wedding location. All guests can stay right on location which is very convenient and our group was the only ones there so all our guests got to know each other! The rooms are so cozy. We had all guest at our rehearsal dinner... Read More 'hoe-down' which was great! The food is amazing and Chelsea the wedding coordinator is great to work with! The tent on location is really beautiful and the entire tent has wood flooring! Can't say enough good things!

Picture Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/25/2012 Sara B

Everything about The Mountain Top Inn is absolutely perfect!

Venue

Reviewed on 9/05/2012 Whitney L

Amazing. All of the guests loved the many, many activities. The food was exquisite! The view is beautiful and I had the most amazing wedding.

Gorgeous place

Reviewed on 7/24/2012 Liz B

Fantastically beautiful inn - great place for a get-away. it's expensive, but we got a living social voucher, which made it a steal. Amazing foods, activities, and views.