The Scoop!

The Nest at Ruth Farms is a brand new elegant wedding barn set on 6 acres of rolling hills tucked away in Ponder, Tx. Located 45 minuets outside DFW, The Nest can accommodate 300 people with the option of both indoor and outdoor reception and ceremony. Being roughly 8,000 sq ft we have on site a bridal and grooms suites as well as a full catering kitchen and a stationary service bar in the entry. The Nest will happily provide white cross back chairs and tables for your day! We are all about accommodating you so we provide also set up and take down of the full day, leaving your loved ones to enjoy other aspects of your day. When you book our facility, you & your guests will be the only ones there that day , so please soak it all in and enjoy every part of The Nest!

Civil Union, Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Backyard, Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Church, Religious Setting

3930 Bud Williams Rd, Ponder, TX (214) 538-5545

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Erin W

We LOVE The Nest! The barn is absolutely breathtaking in person. You can definitely see how much thought, detail and love went into it's design. This gorgeous 8,000 square foot white barn is nestled on 6 beautiful acres. It was love at first sight! Whitney is not only a sweet... Read More and amazing person but also very clearly a wonderful venue director. She has been so understanding and helpful with all of my family's crazy questions and requests. Also, Whitney is a wonderful resource for great vendors that we are so excited to use on our big day.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Kimberly B

My fiance and I took our engagement pictures here last Friday and this venue is absolutely stunning!! I fell in love with the white barn look from floor to ceiling and the beautiful hanging chandeliers! This place feels so bridal and makes you feel exactly like a princess!... Read More Whitney, the Venue Coordinator, was also fantastic! She was sooo easy to work with which I have come to realize is rare in the vendors world these days. One of my favorite things besides the chandeliers, is the twinkle lighted outdoor patio. My fiance and I took pictures of us dancing under them and I can only imagine how romantic it would be on our actual wedding day! Also, my fiance LOVED the groom's quarters and fell in love with their custom couch - so much that he made me ask where they bought it from lol. This place is such a gem in the beautiful North Texas Countryside and we couldn't be any happier with it!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Hope L

The venue was just amazingly beautiful! Every detail was perfect. The natural light really made our pictures gorgeous. I couldn't have been happier with the staff. They truly made our entire wedding magnificent! You can't go wrong picking this venue!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Mackenzie M

I have had such an incredible experience with the Nest this far! They were accommodating and able to answer all my questions and have been awesome with contracting and tailoring things to what I need. I would recommend this venue to anyone! It also is beautiful and really can be... Read More decorated to fit anybody's wedding theme!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Melanie H

The venue itself is beautiful, and the people behind it have a genuine heart for helping people start a beautiful marriage. Whitney was wonderful, very helpful and answered all questions thoroughly and promptly.

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Shannon B

The venue is set up with events in mind! There are so many options- It is well thought out and adaptable for whatever you are trying to create. The venue is beautiful! The mirrorred doors, the staircase, the balconies, the catering kitchen, the Gallies, the dressing... Read More rooms.....meticulous! Whitney was beyond helpful! Attentive, responsive, creative!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Allie T

The Nest has the most comfortable atmosphere - beautiful, light, airy, and most importantly, comfortable. Whitney and her family are so kind and welcoming - as if the beauty of the venue wasn't enough to convince us! Every little detail has been thought through and you can see... Read More the heart and soul of this family shine through in this gorgeous venue.

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Kelsey D

Absolutely love The Nest! Whitney and her family are the sweetest most caring owners you will ever come across and they genuinely want to make sure your day is perfect. This venue is perfect for all weddings, big or small and I highly recommend using the Nest for your wedding... Read More day!

Meet The Coordinator

Whitney Wood

Hi! My name is Whitney and I am the Venue Coordinator for The Nest. My main priority is to be there for you at any capacity from our first meeting to the final day! I want you to know how committed we are to you and seeing your vision become reality ! My background is in visual merchandising and customer service, and so I completely understand that everyone has a unique vision and we want work with you to make yours come true at The Nest! My team and I are honest and will hold a high level of integrity in our sevice to you and your family. Looking forward to meeting and serving you! Whitney