The Oaks Grandview Ballroom

Somersworth, NH

Book Your Wedding with The Oaks Grandview Ballroom

A BALLROOM IN SOMERSWORTH, NH

Couples seeking a venue that combines serenity with modern romance may consider The Grandview Ballroom at The Oaks. This Somersworth, New Hampshire, venue is ideal for an outdoor wedding, offering breathtaking views and space for up to 220 guests.

Friends and family can dine, dance, toast and celebrate the bride and groom at The Grandview Ballroom at The Oaks. Scenic photo opportunities and customizable spaces are available to ideally match the couple's personality and design.

Garden. Couples can choose to host their ceremony outdoors in the garden. Using the garden for the wedding ceremony comes with complementary white ceremony chairs. Rehearsals may also take place in this area. The bride and groom can choose to host their reception completely outdoors, either in this space or in a large tent that can be built on the property.

Ballroom. The Ballroom features an expansive indoor reception space and an elegant patio for couples who seek an indoor/outdoor wedding. A built-in bar also graces the room. Guests can head to the patio at the end of the evening for a memorable fireworks display.

The Grandview Ballroom at The Oaks has a list of preferred vendors for couples to choose from. The venue itself provides food and drinks, as well as full-service catering. The bride and groom can also help to create a signature cocktail for their reception.

Before dinner, guests enjoy a raw bar that includes shrimp, oysters and clams, a delectable international cheese display or countless additional selections. At the end of the evening, treat friends and family to grilled flat bread, sliders or a s'mores station.

The couple has a variety of options to choose from for dinner. Salad choices include a selection classic Caesar and house mixed greens and main courses feature bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin, grilled salmon or roast stuffed chicken. These come with a seasonal vegetable and a choice of starch.

The venue takes care of the flowers for the ceremony and reception, the DJ and the wedding cake. They also provide a shuttle service to ensure guests easily travel from their hotel to the venue before and after the service.

Couples hosting their wedding at The Grandview Ballroom at The Oaks enjoy a number of additional perks, including:

• A bridal suite for the bride and her party to prepare for the ceremony and reception
  • Use of the outdoor garden for the ceremony and reception allows for an extra 30 minutes of reception time
  • Every table gets a bottle of white and a bottle of red wine
  • New Year's Eve package, which includes fireworks display
  • Special winter and off-season value dates

A Dream Venue

The Grandview Ballroom at The Oaks is a beautiful wedding venue for all seasons. We offer a unique indoor/outdoor bar, garden ceremonies and manicured grounds. Our dedicated wedding planner will be with you every step of the way, ensuring that every detail of your day works smoothly and beautifully.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Country Club, Garden, Park, Restaurant, Tented, Trees

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

100 Hideaway Place, Somersworth, NH (603) 692-6257

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Morgan B

I honestly don't know where to start. Leslie Santiago has put down herself in SO many ways. I am the most indecisive and anxious person ever and I can't count how many times she just told me to breath and enjoy this part of planning. She was always available for me when I had... Read More one of my panic moments. She had everything under control from the very beginning and everything went so smoothly for us. I don't know how many times she said "morgan, I got this-you are the bride don't worry about this" she took so much into her hands and let me be the bride and enjoy my day. She has a job to do and she gets it done with ease. I wish I could relive this night over and over again. I am so sad it's over but I'm glad that we can truly say our night was perfect because of how awesome Leslie is. The food was amazing, the decor that they set up was perfect and just Leslie's presence makes everything better. Thank you to the Oaks for giving me and my HUSBAND the wedding of our dreams! We also had our rehearsal dinner there and I have nothing but good things to say about that as well!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Jaimy W

My husband and I could not have had a more perfect day. Leslie is amazing to work with. From the beginning she made it clear that her main goal was to take care of us and she did just that. Kerry, too, was so sweet and easy to work with. One example of how they go above and... Read More beyond: I had a different idea for the head table and they offered to set it up for us one weekend to come in and see if we liked it before making the final decision. Additionally, I brought in decorations and centerpieces and they set everything up beautifully! Adam and I had ideas that Leslie was able to bring to life and look better than imagined. The rest of the staff was friendly, helpful, and fantastic. The food was superb and Leslie made sure that Adam and I were actually able to sit down and eat (something I have heard is a luxury for most brides and grooms). The picturesque venue is perfect for indoor and outdoor. We chose The Oaks knowing that if it rained we would be happy no matter where the ceremony took place...I cannot tell you how happy I was with that decision. When it started raining a few hours before the ceremony, I did not feel one bit of stress. At The Oaks, they truly are amazing and talented at what they do and I never worried for a minute what it would look like that day or how the day would go. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Reviewed on 2/23/2017

My daughters wedding reception was held last weekend at The Oaks... all I can say is Leslie and her crew blew my socks off!! Words can not describe how appreciative I am of Leslie. Thank You for helping to make this evening everything Denise had envisioned... her Dream Wedding!... Read More And if anyone was curious... the fireworks are definitely a must!! I am just sad that I can only give a 5 star review.... Leslie and her staff deserve a higher rating! The venue is so beautiful and elegant and the food was so delicious! I received so many compliments on the food! One of our guest is a chef at a high end restaurant and she said the presentation, temperature and taste of the food was all Excellent! As the Mother of the Bride speaking to other Mothers of the Bride... putting one of the most important days of your daughters life in the hands of Leslie, I promise you will be one of the smartest decisions you will make in the whole wedding process! Again Thank You Leslie, You ARE the BEST!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Meghan B

The Oaks was the perfect venue for our wedding! The location speaks for itself, and then Leslie and Kerry (the wedding coordinators) added even more value to this beautiful place! I cannot give enough compliments and praise for Leslie and Kerry for making our day so perfect. My... Read More husband is a man of few words and he even said it was the best day of his life. We had a storybook wedding here, everything flowed so perfectly. The staff, the food, the beautiful garden for the ceremony, and the ballroom for the reception were stunning! I am a detail-oriented, high strung engineer, but having Leslie and Kerry there to handle everything allowed me to truly enjoy my day and just take it all in! All our guests raved about our wedding here and how beautiful it was. I will truly never forget it, thank you to everyone at the Oaks, especially Leslie and Kerry, you are wonderful!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Tonya S

Leslie and her team were amazing, helpful and professional! The site is beautiful and the food was amazing. This night could not have been more perfect. I wanted this to be the most perfect day for my daughter and it was I would not have changed a thing!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017

My daughter got married at The Grandview Ballroom at The Oaks in August, 2017. Leslie Santiago was professional and friendly to work with from the planning stages through the wedding day! Leslie is very organized and made sure that the day flowed smoothly and we did not have... Read More to worry about any of the little details. The venue itself is spectacular inside and out and the food was fabulous! We had a perfect day and beautiful wedding for our daughter and her husband!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Kayla L

I am the bride of the one star review that was written in September 2017 by my father. I have a different opinion about my experience. While there were minor details I wished I could have changed (which I should have communicated to Leslie beforehand), Leslie made sure the night... Read More ran as smoothly as possible with the 150 guests I had. Leslie decorated the place beyond my expectation and made it clear to me the whole night where I needed to be and what time I needed to be there. The scenery is well worth the price and the food was absolutely fantastic.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Lisanne F

We had an absolutely beautiful wedding. Everything was taken care of perfectly, and the staff was amazing. I didn't even notice any staff members during the entire evening. They are so professional, organized and ready to do anything that you ask of them. The night went off... Read More without a hitch, the food was PHENOMENAL, and the venue was perfection. It was the best night of our lives, and we couldn't imagine a better place to get married. Although this is on a golf course and there are golfers around the venue, it offers an amazing amount of privacy that you don't even notice them! I would absolutely recommend this venue to any couple looking to get married!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Eric F

Outstanding venue! The indoor/outdoor bar adds additional space for our wedding and was the perfect setting for a summer wedding. The landscape was the perfect back drop and every detail was executed to the T. The fireworks show is breath taking and the staff was incredible.

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Marisa C

The Oaks has something for everyone and they are more than accommodating to any special requests. The staff is amazing, but most of all Leslie and Kerry are the two best planners! My wife and I completely trusted all of their ideas and suggestions and with that we had an amazing... Read More time. Our guests are still talking about our special day and how “perfect” everything was. A special thanks to all of the staff at The Oaks for their impeccable service! P.S. The Fireworks are definitely worth it!!!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017

OK

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Demetri D

I am not one to write reviews, however, I felt compelled to do so after a recent event we had here at the oaks. we had a formal event for 70 people, catered sit down meal and I have to say that everything was just perfect. The space was beautifully set up and decorated. Both... Read More the bar and wait staff were pleasant and efficient. The food was delicious! Most importantly, the event coordinator, Leslie, was great to work with, professional, experienced and organized, made the planning really easy for us. I highly recommend this venue for any event.

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Mary H

My daughter got married at The Grandview Ballroom at The Oaks on July 2, 2017. I cannot say enough about this venue! From the moment she saw it she absolutely knew that she wanted to get married here! It was a storybook wedding! I could not have hoped for anything more beautiful... Read More for my daughter! The wedding coordinator Leslie, and her assistant Kerry, are lovely people and so easy to work with. Leslie has a wealth of knowledge and experience . She made sure every detail was attended to and that everything went according to plan. Both Leslie and Kerry are extremely kind, thoughtful and helpful!They went above and beyond to make sure that my daughter had the wedding of her dreams. They genuinely shared in our joy and happiness. All of the staff at The Oaks are friendly, helpful and professional! The venue is visually stunning and speaks for itself. We loved the indoor/outdoor bar and the patio that overlooks the golf course. The patio has very comfortable stylish furniture and there are flowers everywhere! The gardens are stunning! The ballroom itself is unbelievably romantic, airy, spacious and charming. Our guests could not believe how beautiful it was! The garden ceremony was so intimate and so gorgeous with that stunning view of the golf course as a back drop. The food is delicious and there are many options so you can make sure to have the menu you desire. Chef Charlie is awesome and so personable! As if it could not have been any more magical, my daughter and her husband added fireworks to cap off their reception! Words cannot fully describe how lovely the fireworks were with the reflections in the pond below. I highly recommend The Grandview Ballroom at The Oaks! You simply have to check it out and see for yourself what a hidden gem it truly is! ~ Mary H Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Delaney R

My husband and I were married at the Oaks last Friday, and it was a dream wedding! I had a specific theme and idea in mind for our wedding: vintage romantic literature. For a year, I collected vintage books in hopes that our reception would look like a fairytale, and it did,... Read More thanks to Leslie! Not only did she and her crew decorate the reception hall perfectly and exceeded my expectations in that respect, but she met all of the vendors on our wedding day and organized each aspect of the wedding so that it went off without any complications. In addition to this, we felt supported during each part of the wedding; she gave us directions and tips for how to cut the cake, where to view the fireworks, and so much more! Throughout the entire day, I felt like I was in good hands and that Leslie cared immensely about our day being perfect. She made us feel like our wedding was not one out of hundreds that she has organized; we felt special. Overall, my husband and I would not have changed a thing. Everything was a dream, and everyone at the Oaks was helpful and kind. Our guests had tons of fun and raved about the entire experience. I am so unbelievably glad that we chose the Grandview Ballroom at The Oaks. Thanks, Leslie! We will miss working with you :)

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Jillian W

My husband and I are so happy to have chosen The Oaks for our wedding ceremony and reception! Leslie was absolutely fantastic and one of the most organized and caring people we could have imagined working with. She helped us to work through any problem that came up and made... Read More our wedding more beautiful than we thought it could be. The food was delicious and everything about the venue was wonderful. Guests loved having the patio and the indoor seating to spend time. The fireworks exceeded our expectations as well. We definitely got our money's worth. The wedding and reception were wonderful and it was a stress-free day because of Leslie and the wonderful staff at The Oaks.

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Denise S

The Oaks is a gorgeous venue with amazing staff. Leslie is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. She will do anything and everything she can to make your day flawless and perfect. Having your wedding at the Oaks gives you a stress free day! Their fireworks show is worth every... Read More penny definitely a great surprise for our guests. I highly recommend the Oaks to all engaged couples that I know it was by far the best choice.

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Kristen D

When I walked into the Oaks for the first time two years ago, I fell in love. When I walked in two years later for my wedding, my heart felt incredibly full. The staff is friendly and attentive, the location and scenery are from a post card making for breathtaking photos, the... Read More food (oh my!) is delicious, and Leslie was truly amazing! You really get the whole package at The Oaks when you work with Leslie and the team. They have packages to pick from, making the planning process a breeze and they're responsive to any questions you have in the process. I can confidently say that when I came in for my wedding I didn't feel stressed- I knew I was in good hands. They took care of absolutely everything and exceeded every expectation I had. My husband and I are beyond grateful and consider ourselves to be very lucky to have had the opportunity to begin this chapter of our life together at The Oaks.

More than we could have asked for!

Reviewed on 1/26/2016 Sarah C

Lauren is new to the Oaks this year, and she did a FANTASTIC job planning and carrying out our winter wedding! She was so organized and detail oriented (like myself) that made for a seamless evening! Our reception began a little behind schedule (catholic mass) but you wouldn't... Read More be able to tell with how smoothly things still went. The Oaks has the most beautiful ballroom that was decorated to perfection! Lastly, because we got married in the winter we did out first look photo shoot at the Oaks prior to our ceremony (so we could use the daylight). The Oaks kept the grounds (walkways) perfectly groomed (shoveled and clean from snow) which made for the most beautiful outdoor pictures out on the snow-covered golf course. Lastly our midnight firework show was perfection!! Best New Years Eve wedding we could have asked for!! Thank you Lauren & Oaks staff!!!

AMAZING! From start to finish!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Morgan S

The only bad thing about The Oaks was that after my wedding I don't get to keep working with Leslie! She is AMAZING! Words do not express how much she made the whole process, from start to finish, easy as pie. She is organized, knows what she needs and, most importantly, makes... Read More the day of run as smooth as can be. There were no hang ups. I always wanted fireworks and The Oaks and Leslie made my dream wedding come true. It was perfect! Thank you, thank you, thank you to both the venue and the amazing wedding planner. If you are considering The Oaks, do not hesitate! You will not be disappointed!

October 11th 2015

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 kristin g

The ceremony at The Oaks was beautiful! I could not ask for a better backdrop for us when we said our vows. Lauren was such a wonderful person to work with, she made sure everyone was where they were supposed to be. I would highly recommend a wedding ceremony at The Oaks.

October 11th 2015

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 kristin g

After I got engaged it was time to look for a venue. I went on the knot and the first place I wanted to check out with my fiance was The Oaks. We went to our meeting and instantly fell in love with the venue, we did go look at about 15 other places all over Massachusetts & New... Read More Hampshire. But always knew it was going to be at The Oaks, everything was beautiful from the views, the outside seating area, and the inside of the venue. We started our journey almost a year and a half ago with Leslie who answered every email I sent her no matter how silly of a question it was. I loved how we got to have a private taste test for the dinner, we also got to bring our moms along. Some places only did a tasting a few times a year, I liked how they kept everything all about you. Towards the end Leslie went on to another opportunity and we were left in good hands with Lauren. At first I was alittle nervous but she made sure everything was going to be ok. Then the big day came and I could not have asked for a better day. Lauren was wonderful, she made sure everyone was where they were supposed to be, even saving me a few times to keep the night on track. Everyone loved the food, said it was the best food at a wedding they ever had! The staff was wonderful if anyone needed something they were right there to help them out. The topper of the night was the fireworks they offer, I think it was better than a fourth of July display. It just added that something special to our wedding. I can not thank the staff at The Oaks enough for such a smooth, stress free day. I would recommend them for any event you have planned you will not be disappointed.

My Dream Come True Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Faith C

Absolutely the best night of my life! Every girl always imagines the wedding of her dreams and I can honestly say that Leslie went above and beyond to make this happen for me. I had always envisioned the way my wedding would be but I can honestly say that this was even better... Read More than I could have imagined! The Oaks was beautifully decorated with a tasteful fall theme, there was plenty of room for dancing (with my guest count at 190), and all of the staff was helpful and friendly! Leslie and Lauren kept the night running smoothly and Leslie took care of every little detail! Every single guest is still talking about how much fun they had and how impressed they were with everything. The food was excellent, drinks were great, and I did not have to worry or stress over anything, just one quick email to Leslie and Lauren and it was answered quickly! We chose to do the fireworks which was a perfect added touch for our guests to enjoy and a great photo op for my husband and I! I cannot speak highly enough of the Grandview Ballroom at The Oaks and of Leslie Santiago! If you are looking for an elegant yet relaxed venue to have your dream wedding at, look no further!

Even better than I could imagine!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Faith C

An Affair to Remember

Reviewed on 9/28/2015

We had a wonderful experience at the Oaks. Arrangements were well organized and the venue was outstanding. The reception room is large with a bar along one side which also opens out to a large patio. The patio overlooks the golf course where we had a vendor, suggested by our... Read More coordinator Leslie Santiago, put on a fireworks display. Everyone went out onto the patio to watch the display and it added a very romantic, Disneylandish touch to the affair. Everyone loved it.

Perfect wedding! Beautiful ceremony and reception venue, Leslie is amazing! :)

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Sarah B

I cannot begin to express how grateful I am for Leslie Santiago. My husband and I were married at The Grandview Ballroom on September 12, 2015. To say our day was perfect is an understatement and we owe every ounce of praise and compliment we received about our wedding to... Read More Leslie. Leslie made sure to dot every "i" and cross every "t" to ensure a smooth ceremony and reception. From our very first meeting with Leslie, we knew we were in good hands- an experienced and knowledgeable coordinator, she was so helpful and willing to answer any and all of our questions leading up to the big day. A lot of our planning was done during the week, so I would send emails off to Leslie and always received a speedy reply back with helpful and honest feedback. Our ceremony was held outdoors at The Oaks overlooking the beautiful, perfectly manicured lawns. We were fortunate enough to have a comfortably sunny and warm September afternoon and the area was perfect for our group of about 115 people. My husband's family has a tradition of building and decorating an arch and Leslie was amazing for letting us bring the arch over prior to the wedding day and even offered to help keep flowers cool. Following our ceremony, cocktail hour was held both indoors and outdoors- the Oaks has beautiful and picturesque property, our wedding photos look like a fake background! It's so stunning and our guests were so pleased with the outdoor bar/patio! The interior of the Grandview Ballroom is everything I could have wanted. It's completely open and perfect for a reception of our size- we had a mixed number of round tables (people were seated very comfortably at up to 12 people per table!) and also has an indoor bar which contained excellent drink variety! The dance floor was also spacious and left plenty of room for our guests to celebrate :) It felt perfectly open and was so wonderful to see everyone in the room from our sweetheart table. Among every detail that makes The Oaks a perfect wedding venue, they offer a package (at a very reasonable price) for a fireworks display to wow your guests at the reception! Leslie helped do all the coordinating and suggested we keep it a secret to guests- which we did and are so thankful for, because everyone was completely blown away! I've never been to a wedding that had a fireworks display and we were so happy to be the first for many of our guests! It was so much fun to secretly hop into a golf cart (Leslie drove us down!) and head down to the green for a front row view- simply stunning, talk about a fairytale wedding!! My fiancé and I did our wedding ourselves and never could have pulled this off without the help and support of Leslie Santiago. Being newly engaged and starting your venue touring can be so overwhelming- we must have looked at 5 or 6 venues in New England, and we just kept coming back to the Oaks- it's beautiful in every season (we saw it for the first time covered in snow and ice and still fell in love) and also for Leslie who we knew would have our backs and take good care of us, which she certainly did. The entire staff for the evening was wonderful and kind to me and my fiancee, along with our families, doing everything they could to make us feel comfortable and ensure we were having the best day ever :) Make sure you take time to check out The Oaks as you begin your quest for the perfect wedding venue! Your mind will be made the second you step into Leslie's office! THANK YOU LESLIE!! :)