The Old Medical School Building

Louisville, KY

Historic Charm in Downtown Louisville

Classic Romanesque architecture welcomes you into this tastefully restored facility in the heart of Downtown Louisville. We offer the distinct flexibility to choose your own caterer and provide your own alcohol. Begin a new chapter in your history with a unique piece of Louisville's history!

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Historic Venue

101 W. Chestnut St., Louisville, KY

Reception Hall

Reviewed on 7/10/2013 Teiarra L

I loved everything about this place, it was the perfect place my guest of 150.

Old Medical

Reviewed on 3/07/2013 Cara V

Beautiful venue for our wedding and in our price range.

BIG day

Reviewed on 6/21/2012 heidi m

I loved the old medical school building. Its got character and its a great price for what you get!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2012 Rosemarie M

With Lisa's Touch doing the decorating, my reception in this building was beautiful. The price was the main factor in choosing, and everything turned out great.

Best Venue in Louisville!

Reviewed on 1/31/2012 HEATHER B

My fiance and I went through numerous numerous vendors before stumbling onto the old medical school building. We had almost settled on another venue when we decided, as a last minute option, to check it out. The big thing that makes this venue different than other venues is... Read More the friendly staff and general PROFESSIONALISM of the venue. They were easy to talk to, expected us when we arrived, were accommodating and very honest and open about their pricing and policies. Other venues we spoke to treated us like a hassle when we were there to spend money and were very rude about regulations when we inquired. We had venues change pricing when we followed up and added extra fees they didn't discuss with us in the original meeting. They wasted our time. They also were top notch as far as value. We were able to reserve the day before the wedding, two rooms, and still spend almost $1000 than the other venues we looked into. I could not have been happier with this venue.

Great space!

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 Sara E

They were great to work with and I could bring in my own booze & food which saved me a ton of money. My only complaint was that we couldn't get in the building before noon without paying extra. That only gave us 2 hours before the ceremony to decorate!

very nice!

Reviewed on 7/26/2011 Kari B

This is a very affordable venue and a nice place to have the ceremony and reception! It is a beautiful building and very easy to decorate! They allow you to use your own caterer (even friends or family). Parking was a bit of an issue, only about 35 spaces so after all those are... Read More filled you have to park next door at the YMCA. But over all I was very satisfied! It is a very beautiful building!

Very nice for the price!

Reviewed on 7/25/2011 Starr H

Liked that you could bring in your own alcohol

Could have done better

Reviewed on 5/07/2011 Sarah R

I am regretting doing my reception at this site. The hours for the price were NOT a good value. It was difficult to get in there, hard to get in touch with the contact person sometimes and we had to pay way too much to have it and have time to decorate. We couldn't get the air... Read More conditioning turned on, so my guests were all sweating and complaining about the heat. The only good thing about it I guess was the dance floor, and that they returned our deposit to us quickly.

Amazing-great price!

Reviewed on 3/28/2011 brittany s

This venue is easy to decorate and near beautiful downtown. The historic building is gorgeous. Parking may be an issue for week night events-but we loved our experience.

Worked for my needs

Reviewed on 8/13/2010 Rachel T

The old medical school was chosen because of cost (they held 200 people for less than $1000), availability, because I could use any number of caterers that I chose, and because my husband is in med school- so it was a little nostalgic. The room was great, though it was downtown... Read More and the parking was a little bit rough, but it seemed to work out fine. They did a great job setting up for the wedding, and having everything there that I needed. The staff was extremely nice, but very hard to get in touch with, or to meet with on any kind of short notice. I would say that communication barriers were the most frustrating thing for this venue. Everything else was great, and though there were a few glitches I would choose them again, because it worked extremely well for my needs.