The Pavilion at Pepper Plantation

Awendaw, SC

A unique and versatile space to host your event!

A beautifully designed, lakeside venue with "southern charm" awaits you! With its award winning design, this barn-inspired pavilion is a "hidden gem" of a stunning equestrian community in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina!

$$

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Barn, Waterfront, Country Club

Service Staff

1145 Chandler Rd., Awendaw, SC

Amazing Venue!

Reviewed on 6/14/2013 Beth B

I absolutely loved having my wedding at Pepper Plantation. This rustic wood barn provides the perfect canvas for an assortment of wedding styles, and Rachel, the site manager, is very easy to work with. I got lucky and had PERFECT weather on my wedding day, but even without it,... Read More the breeze from the water would have made for a great evening.

Amazing setting!

Reviewed on 6/24/2013 Brooke M

This venue is so unique in Charleston and makes for a beautiful indoor/outdoor wedding! Working with the venue manager was also a breeze and they will work with you on your contract to make your wedding what you want it to be! Also, they don't make you use certain venders.... Read More Great venue all around!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 4/02/2013 Amanda A

What a beautiful location for my Spring wedding. I was married on March 16th, 2013 and it couldn't have been a more perfect day. All of my out of town guests loved the setting. We set-up lawn games on the grassy area, had the ceremony outside and the reception and band... Read More inside. Our ceremony was at 4pm so, although we were required to be out of there by 10pm, it was the perfect amount of time. A special thanks to Rachel for being so accommodating. I recommend hiring a "day of" planner through an event planner because they help make everything run smoothly.

Reviewed on 6/17/2015 Allie F

We had our 5/30/15 wedding ceremony & reception at Pepper Plantation. I cannot say enough good things about this venue. We lucked out & had perfect weather, but now that the reception hall has A/C (they installed it last month), this venue is perfect for any time of year! The... Read More ceremony right by the pond was gorgeous. We got so many compliments on the venue - the guests loved the open feel and being able to spread out on the covered porch, walk to the dock, etc. Music has to be shut down by 10pm, but we did a 5:30 ceremony, cocktail hour from 6-7, then reception from 7-10 & that was plenty of time (I thought it would seem too short, but it didn't). If you get married here, I HIGHLY recommending renting the bridal cottage for the day. We got there around noon to get ready and had hair & makeup come to us. It was so easy to not have to worry about transportation. One other suggestion would be to get someone to spray for mosquitos the morning of the wedding (we used Eco Mosquito in Mt. Pleasant, a suggestion from Rachel at Pepper & they were great). I had heard before having our wedding out there that the mosquitos can get bad if you don't spray, but we had no issues! Highly recommend this venue!

Perfect venue

Reviewed on 5/05/2015 Emily N

I could not ask for a better venue for my big day! The weather was perfect for the ceremony overlooking the pond and I loved that the reception was at the same location. My bridesmaids and I got ready at the bridal cottage, which was on site and had everything we needed.

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Megan L

We had our wedding reception here and loved the venue! It was very easy to get in touch with the site manager and they provided a detailed contract with guidelines. This place was beautiful already and so we didn't have to provide a lot of extra decorations. It is necessary to... Read More rent everything from other vendors (not provided by pepper) but that allowed flexibility for the vendors that we wanted. Also, the venue was a great space because there was an adequate amount of parking and indoor and outdoor space for the guests. We loved the dock out back and the huge wrap around porches. It is a short drive from the mt pleasant area, which is where most of our guests ended up staying. There is a time limit for guests to be out by a certain time, but it was a reasonable time and we were able to have an amazing time at our reception. Overall, this venue was amazing! We definitely recommend !!

The Pavilion at Pepper Plantation was amazing

Reviewed on 6/11/2014 Amy K

The venue is really a blank canvas and can be decorated any way you wish it to be. I love the layout of the building, the lawn, the lake, gazebo, etc. Very spacious and beautiful venue for a wedding. Rachel was a pleasure to work with and we did not have any issues at all. We... Read More rented the cottage for the bridal party to get ready in and that was very convenient. Would highly recommend this venue!

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 5/04/2014 Tara V

Absolutely perfect place to create the perfect wedding! The pavilion has multiple fireplace areas, outdoor covered porches, a pond, a dock with a covered gazebo and a grassy area for outdoor ceremonies. For this venue we choose our own vendors for catering, rentals and decor.... Read More All of our guests absolutely loved the venue as did we! The management is very easy to work with. There is also a cottage across the street for the bride to prepare prior to the ceremony with kitchen, etc.

Pepper Plantation

Reviewed on 11/19/2013 Colleen T

This venue was amazing! Rachel was great to work with and very easy to communicate with. Everyone was raving about the venue. It works great for a free-flowing wedding where people can be inside, outside, on the porch, on the dock. The fireplaces were a great hit and I can't... Read More say enough about how beautiful everything turned out. Also, the Cottage being onsite and available to purchase made the day much less stressful! I was right there and didn't have to worry about having to travel to/from the venue. Also enjoyed that we had the ceremony and reception in the same place so there wasn't any lag time and no travel for our guests. We had our ceremony on the back lawn and it was perfect!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 11/28/2012 Christina F

I loved having my wedding at Pepper Plantation. The vendue is gorgeous! It was perfect for the barn, natural, organic vibe we were wanting. It is also great that it is a private place so you dont have to have a liquor license. For that, we saved money by buying all of our... Read More alcohol and having a friend bar tend.

Beautiful Location

Reviewed on 10/04/2012 SUMMER W

This was my first choice behind the infamous Cotton Dock at Boone Hall. Pepper has the same classy, rugged, just different from the norm appeal. You can dress it up as much as you like-- add a tent, paper/metal lanterns, indoor furniture or keep the ambiance cool, bright, and... Read More fun. I decided to go with bamboo chairs and bright teal tablecloths and bright orange beautiful flowers for my "decor". It was absolutely beautiful. Negatives-- zero tables or chairs on location,(besides the outside beach chairs), very small catering area (my caterer had to rent a mobile kitchen $$)and no a.c. The cost was 3,000 to rent. If they are having several events each weekend-- there is more than enough money to get a a.c. unit installed. It could have been disastrous with the heat in Charleston--- But it's just the risk that you take. With it being a lot less money to rent than other locations around Charleston-- You end up adding a lot to the price with renting tables and chairs. It is a beautiful location for your pictures though! And Rachel, the manager is very easy to work with.

Beautiful Venue, but...

Reviewed on 6/14/2012 Jade L

I LOVED having The Pavilion at Pepper Plantation as my venue and backdrop of both the wedding and the reception. My guests loved the ability to hang out inside or out, and the experience was wonderful. BUT I caution future brides because the venue is now part of the Town of... Read More Mount Pleasant and rules have changed. It is not going to be a good place for an evening wedding unless you plan on being wrapped up by 10pm, and even before then, you better watch the noise...

Really Beautiful

Reviewed on 6/04/2012 Hannah L

Overall, I am very satisfied with my choice of this venue for my wedding. I grew-up riding and showing horses, and so as soon as we pulled-in the driveway for the first time, I connected immediately with the setting, as it is part of an equestrian community. The venue is large... Read More and spacious inside, with beautiful exposed beams and a stone floor, and the massive indoor/outdoor fireplaces make quite an impression. We also loved the huge wrap-around porch, and the lake made for a romantic and serene backdrop for our ceremony. Having use of "The Cottage" for the entire day was also fantastic, as it gave myself and my bridesmaids a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere to get ready in, and that was key during a day that can be quite stressful! We also loved the fire pit, as we set-up a S'mores station there during the reception, which was a big hit with our guests. I only have two negative comments: 1) There were some pieces of trash along the water's edge, as well as exposed lining, which certainly took-away from the landscape, and 2) when we signed the contract, our rental was to be from 10 am - midnight. A few months before our wedding, the property was annexed into the town of Mt. Pleasant, and the end-time for our event (and all events) was forced to be changed to 10 pm, but we were never offered any form of compensation. While I understand that this change was beyond the management's control, some sort of acknowledgement of a change in the terms of the contract would have been appreciated. Besides those two comments, however, I am very happy that we chose to spend our big day at The Pavilion, and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a "country-chic" venue!

Good overall

Reviewed on 4/17/2012 meghan v

Overall, the pavilion was beautiful. However with the new noise ordinances and houses being seen from the plantation barn, the mood does get ruined when driving up to the venue. They are beginning to have the houses encroach on the magic on the location. Also, I believed having... Read More the wedding at the end of March would be ok with no AC and the barn doors open, well, air conditioning would have been nice! It was pretty hot after all the dancing.

The Pavilion as a wedding venue

Reviewed on 3/21/2012 Sarah M

This site could not be more beautiful or accomodating to guests. It rained on the day of the wedding, but the Pavilion was spacious enough to be able to convert the ceremony to an indoor one! If you're fortunate enough to get a sunny day, your pictures will be breathtaking. The... Read More site manager was very easy to work with, as well. HIGHLY recommend this site.

pepper is great for rustic wedding

Reviewed on 11/25/2011 Rebecca L

we had our wedding here- 150 people for sit down dinner and band inside. There was plenty of space and we had the ceremony outside in front of the water. Great place for photos, and whole evening was a blast!

The Pavilion at Pepper Plantation

Reviewed on 10/31/2011 laurel s

What a perfect place for a wedding and reception!! We did not do a lot of decorating because the beauty of the pavilion speaks for itself. It is very rustic, gorgeous, and clean. The onsite cottage was a perfect place for the bridal party to get ready before the ceremony. Many... Read More of our guests were raving about the location, and we were SO happy that we chose it. My only complaint was that my bridesmaid lost a pair of diamond earrings in the cottage, and I haven't received any responses from the staff post-event on if they or their cleaning staff were able to locate them. Other than the one minor complaint, everything was perfect, and the staff were all very responsive and polite leading up to the big day!

Amazing dream location!

Reviewed on 10/05/2011 ASHLEY 830@ F

I just got married on 9/17/11 and everything/everyone at Pepper Plantation was amazing. The Pavilion is incredibly spacious and just an all around beautiful venue. We also rented the onsite cottage which I highly recommend. We booked a year ago and the management has been... Read More wonderful and very accommodating. I HIGHLY recommend you use this venue, you will not be disappointed!!!!

Gorgeous Venue!!

Reviewed on 6/04/2010 Kristen M

My husband and I had our wedding and reception here in May 2010. We had so many compliments from my guests about our venue, The Pavilion at Pepper Plantation. So many people who lived in the area didn't even know it existed. The setting is beautiful so you don't even really need... Read More many decorations. It is simple, classic and elegant and would be great for everything from a simple small wedding to a big elaborate bash. If you are considering this venue you should definitely take a drive out for a site visit because words do not do it justice. Pros - BEAUTIFUL, versatile, natural setting, plenty of parking, several settings within this venue (covered gazebo/dock, lawn overlooking pond, pavilion )no catering restrictions Cons - The site director will book your event but there won't be anyone on staff the day of your event (except for the people you hire), the pavilion is not air conditioned (catering area and bathrooms do have a/c) be prepared to make accomodations for guests

2011-07-29T14:26:06 Response from Kaitlyn, the member

Hi! We are looking to have a wedding here in May 26, 2011. I saw your wedding was May 16, 2010 and I'm wondering how it went with no AC. Was it really hot?! Thanks for your help!

TO The Pavilion at Pepper Plantation