The Pittsburgh Shrine Center

Cheswick, PA

1877 Shriners Way, Cheswick, PA (724) 274-7000

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Lauren A

I recently had my wedding at the Shriner Center on May 27, 2017. Everything turned out amazing! We received so many compliments about the hall, location, parking, food, and much more! I found it very difficult to find a hall that held over 300 people and looked at many venues.... Read More For the price, location, and overall look-- no other venues compared! I highly recommend the Shriner Center for your special day!

Always a Great Event

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Stacey P

As a daughter of a Shriner, I've been to many, many, many events at Syria. The staff is always friendly, and will do just about anything to make you comfortable. It's pricey, but just about everyone who was at the wedding who'd never been to the Shrine came up to me and... Read More complimented the beauty of the venue! You won't be disappointed if you choose Syria for your venue!

syria shrine

Reviewed on 12/28/2012 Elyse R

As the mother of the bride I couldn't be more pleased with the ENTIRE wedding experience at the Syria Shrine. Mikki, her staff, Deb & her staff were nothing but pleasant and accomodating to all of us! Thank you to everyone & I would highly recommend the Syria Shrine to anyone... Read More looking for a fabulous venue.

Stratwood catering

Reviewed on 2/23/2012 Krista M

The best food ever! I recieved a million compliments on the great food and amazing service. They were extremely helpful and kind. Everything was absolutely perfect!

Great venue bad service

Reviewed on 1/24/2012 rebekka p

I had my wedding this past January at the Syria mosque the place was gorgeous but the week following my wedding I heard over and over ' beautiful wedding great food we had so much fun, BUT the bartender was terrible she was so rude' At my wedding the bartender was the person I... Read More booked everything with, I wish someone would have said something to me that night so I could have told her to knock off the additude..... So if booking this venue beware of micki she was very rude to my guest

Amazing venue

Reviewed on 11/09/2011 Dawn H

The Syria Shrine is an amazing venue that we received many compliments on at the reception. It is a huge room with a sunken dance floor which gives everyone in the room a great view. They worked with us on the bar options as they have two standard bar packages but we wanted to... Read More bring in our own beer and wine. They allowed us to bring in our own beer at our cost and gave us the better bar package at the cheaper cost. The wedding coordinator was very helpful and answered any and all questions I had. At the reception they brought champagne and appetizers into the conference room for the bridal party which was much needed after pictures.

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2011 Alexis B

The Syria Shrine along with their caterers, Stratwood, did the most amazing job. Everything was perfect. They took their time to get to know me as the bride and made sure everything was the way I wanted. There wasn't a single thing I would change!!

Review for The Shrine Center

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 LeeAnne B

The inside of the reception hall had beautiful stained glass windows, gold ceilings, and a tiered seating area for guests. There was not a bad seat in the place for our guests to see our first dance, cake cutting, etc. The hall is absolutely gorgeous, very clean, and I highly... Read More recommend having a reception there. The Bradley House of Catering, which caters at this hall, will do all of the decorating for you, which made things very easy for me!;There are a lot of extra fees, be aware. Also, the location does not have a liquor license, which has pros and cons, you can bring your own alcohol which saves money, however the cost for soda, juices and mixers per person is outrageous. You are also required to take out a liability insurance policy.