The Rapids Theatre

Niagara Falls, NY

• Ceremony Area

Historic Venue

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Planning

1711 Main St, Niagara Falls, NY (716) 205-8925

Want a fun, fantastic and even relaxing wedding?

Reviewed on 9/09/2014 Emily V

Our wedding was amazing! And not just because I'm the bride. From the start the rapids and Rich's catering crew were fantastic. I live in LA and had to do all my venue hunting from afar. Working in entertainment I wanted a venue to reflect my and my husband's lifestyle. The... Read More minute I saw The Rapids website I called my mom and sent her to take a look. Trusting she knew my taste, she called and said it was perfect. Not just because of the beauty of the space, but because Marie was so welcoming and helpful. Marie is the owner, but she also acts as wedding planner during your day. When she told me "if something goes wrong you won't even know about it." I knew I had chosen right. I wanted a day where I could just sit back and be pampered. Not be stressed over where's the cake, that's not the right centerpiece, etc. And That is what happened. I arrived at the venue to champagne, fruit and cheese. In my own green room away from all the commotion. I can be a control freak, but I didn't have to be because I trusted Marie from the start. She got to know my family, how we work and what our style is. Go to the Rapids! Even if it's just for a concert. They have done a fantastic job preserving such a beautiful theater, that could have easily fallen into disrepair. Thanks Marie and all the Rapids crew!

A Diamond in The Rough

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Rachel B

This is Western NY's best wedding reception venue BY FAR! It is beautiful, vibrant, elegant, and perfectly laid out for the reception of your dreams. And it isn't the cookie cutter reception hall you're so accustomed to. What's more is that they have made the perfect team... Read More with their exclusive caterer, Rich's Catering. I'll be honest, when I pulled up outside for the first time at this venue in Niagara Falls, NY, I was skeptical. The area isn't the greatest because of how blighted that city is in general. (Although the police station is right next door, so it is totally safe!) But that made the surprising beauty and elegance of the interior of the venue that much better! Marie, the owner, thinks of this place as her baby and personally attends each reception to make sure everything goes without a hitch. Between Marie and Steve (from Rich's), every detail is perfectly coordinated and so impressive! It's like having two wedding planner/coordinators included in the price of the venue/catering. If I could do it all over, I would, because I had such a wonderful, relaxed time at our wedding! But obviously, I would stick with my decision to use Rapids and Rich's! They were delightful. Even down to the small details of the entire staff being attentive and making sure we always had a drink in our hands so we didn't have to break conversation or leave the dance floor, even without asking. Everything from large details like decor to small items like place cards were exquisitely done. On top of all this, your DJ gets to plug into the concert quality sound system (this is also an amazing concert venue), you get a lighting engineer, AND a sound engineer, all to make sure everything looks and sounds amazing on your big day! I can't say enough about The Rapids Theatre, Rich's Catering, Marie Hutchins, or Steve Guagliardi. Our day was perfect, and I wouldn't change a thing. Don't book anywhere until you've seen this place for yourself!

PERFECT

Reviewed on 10/14/2012 Shawne Jennifer G

Our wedding was just PERFECT thanks to Marie and the entire staff of the Rapids. We were looking for a venue that was different from the generic "hall" and found the Rapids simply by googling "unique wedding venues"... The interior is restored and absolutely gorgeous, the staff... Read More is beyond outstanding, and the price is reasonable... I could go on and on about this place, but it wouldn't do a justice - call Marie and make an appointment for a walk through or check them out on Facebook... If you're looking for something a little different without sacrificing a-plus service, you won't be disappointed!

Rapids Theatre

Reviewed on 12/05/2011 Michele P

Wonderful venue if you are looking for a reception or event site with personality. Staff is friendly and accommodating.

Could not have been more perfect!

Reviewed on 10/23/2011 Erin M

I cannot say better things about Marie and her staff at Rapids! I had to add them to this site just to be able to give them the reivew they deserve. She listened to every little request, her attention to detail is impeccable and best of all, SOOO easy to work with! I would... Read More recommend this venue to anyone looking for something new and unique, and who loves a perfect wedding reception!

Start a Conversation!