The Rattlesnake Club

Detroit, MI

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Rattlesnake Club in Detroit, Michigan, offers distinctive private event spaces, designed for wedding celebrations. As the home of renowned cuisine, unparalleled service and swank surroundings, your wedding ceremony and reception is unforgettable. The venue ceremony sites are available to you when you hold your wedding reception at The Rattlesnake Club.

Stroh River Place Atriums. This pair of six-story atriums offers the pinnacle of elegance to your wedding event. The combination of brick, glass and marble sets an eclectic tone. Each separate atrium holds 1,000 guests for a cocktail reception or 300 guests for a seated dinner.

East Patio and Garden Terrace. Take in the views of the river from the East Patio and Garden Terrace. The East Patio features an appealing marble and cedar bar with market umbrellas covering the outdoor tables. The Garden Terrace offers granite-topped tables for your guests' dining pleasure. This space is also ideal for ceremonies. The East Patio capacity is 200 for a cocktail reception and 100 guests for a seated dinner. The Garden Terrace capacity is 200 for a cocktail reception and 80 guests for a seated affair.

Clock Tower Courtyard. A water fountain surrounded by foliage serves as an enchanting backdrop for a wedding ceremony. Iron sculptures mix artistically with aged brick, exuding an urban chic style. This new event space is one to behold.

Stroh Private Room. Your event can be completely contained inside the Stroh Private Room. With a private bar, this room works well for cocktail receptions. Some couples use it as a pre-function room in conjunction with other event spaces. The full capacity of the Stroh Private Room is 100 for a cocktail reception and 70 for a seated dinner.

Renaissance Room. A wall of windows allows a view of the Detroit skyline. The Renaissance Room is ideal for intimate cocktail receptions with room for up to 80 guests for a standing affair and 40 seated guests.

Grill Room. A bit more casual but no less comfortable, the Grill Room is ideal for a dinner or cocktail hour. Guests always appreciate the views from the windows. This space fits 60 standing guests and 40 seated guests.

Surrounded in luxury and with the assistance of the attentive event staff with The Rattlesnake Club, your wedding can't help but be an unforgettable experience. The team assists with layout planning and day-of coordination as well.

The event team works cohesively with the catering team to ensure a flawless event every time. Your wedding event at the Rattlesnake Club includes full service by the event team to set up and break down all furniture and equipment.

The culinary team assists with menu planning to ensure that you have exactly the reception menu you wish for your once-in-a-lifetime event. With a focus on fresh, the food can't miss. If you have special tastes or requests, the team works to accommodate your wishes. The team prepares hors d'oeuvres, food stations, specialty entrees and buffets.

Beverage service is also provided. With a fully-stocked bar, bartenders serve craft beers, specialty cocktails and wine. You can choose the bar style you wish to fit your desires and budget.

Eclectic style and acute attention to detail by the staff at The Rattlesnake Club ensures that your wedding day is filled with memories to treasure. If you have special ideas that you want to put into action for your wedding, the staff invites your requests.

Host your rehearsal dinner in one of the smaller private dining rooms. The Rattlesnake Club offers rehearsal dinner packages with passed hors d'oeuvres, starters, entrees and desserts. Packages include beverages.

Detroit's Premier Wedding Destination

The Rattlesnake Club is the premier Downtown Detroit wedding destination for a unique setting, creative cuisine and outstanding service. Our outdoor ceremony spaces and 6-story Atriums will complete your special day. Remember our beautiful private rooms and patio for showers and rehearsal dinners.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Restaurant

Food + Catering

300 River Place Drive, Detroit, MI (313) 567-4400

Unique, beautiful, knock-your-socks off good food - An amazing place to have your wedding vision really come to life

Reviewed on 10/16/2013 Brittany Y

Unique spaces are fairly popular now - but we definitely did not want that traditional banquet hall experience. If you book with The Rattlesnake Club--- you and your guests will be absolutely blown away!! I have had the pleasure of dining at the Rattlesnake often, but to have... Read More your wedding there is a completely different experience. Working with Amy for over a YEAR was courteous, responsive and professional. She is a very busy woman planning many events and always got back to me. Everything we discussed was implemented beyond our expectations. Having the unique outdoor ceremony space along the Detroit River awed my guests; having an outdoor cocktail hour in a 2nd beautiful space was unique, and having a non-traditional, knock-your-socks-off 6-story atrium for your reception space is unbelievable. My guests could not stop raving about how beautiful, professional and ABSOLUTELY OUT OF THIS WORLD DELICIOUS the space, staff and food was. Every staff member was absolutely professional and fun. Alex was my day-of site coordinator, and she was stellar as well. No need to hire a day-of coordinator (or a wedding planner for that matter) if you book with the Rattlesnake. They will make you feel like kings and queens from start to finish. It was everything I ever dreamed, hoped, and planned for. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Beautiful Venue w/ Great Service

Reviewed on 9/21/2013 Nicole

Great food with amazing and friendly staff. The event manager is pleasant and so great to work with. She was on top of everything the entire night of my wedding. Both myself and my husband were extremely impressed with her. Our guests raved about the food! For the price,... Read More you cannot beat the Rattlesnake Club. Definitely a classy place!

Excellent!!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/11/2013 Carolyn W

Amy did an amazing job with planning our 120 guest wedding. She made sure to update my plan every time I got new information about guests and was flexible to the floor plan. The only bad part was that favors weren't handed out until very late in the night and many of the guests... Read More were gone. Overall I would recommend the Rattlesnake to ANY person for a reception venue. It was DELICIOUS and fabulous!

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Bridget B

My husband and I could not have dreamed of a more perfect venue for our April Wedding. Michelle was an absolute pleasure to work with from our first tour to the Wedding Day. She helped us through every step of the process, answering thousands of questions and took away so much... Read More of my wedding planning stress. On the day of the wedding, Michelle made sure everything ran smoothly and that we had nothing to worry about. The food was outstanding and was presented beautifully. The entire staff at The Rattlesnake were a joy and could not have been more accommodating and respectful. Thank you for making our day so special!

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Jessica L

After having a disappointing experience with another venue, we chose The Rattlesnake Club for our wedding ceremony and reception for 1/28/17. We're so happy we did! We had a limited timeline, around 5 months, and working with Michelle made this stressful time so much easier.... Read More Whenever we had a question, we had a quick response and she's got great ideas! We needed some accommodations and all of our needs were met and more. The Stroh Atrium space is just gorgeous, it looked just perfect! We were able to drop off out center piece elements and other supplies a few days prior to the event and everything was set up so perfectly the day of. The food was amazing (as in best ever, according to many guests!), the drinks were strong, and the coffee bar was just what we needed towards the end. All of the staff were great and took care of us, tending to all the details. So many of our guests have told us that ours was "the best wedding ever!" and I have to agree! Thank you Michelle for helping us create our dream wedding!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Lisa S

The service at the Rattlesnake Club was outstanding! Michelle made the entire planning process stress-free and when we showed up that evening everything was beautiful and exceeded our expectations:) We had a small wedding celebration dinner in the Renaissance Room and from start... Read More to finish the staff really made the evening special. I cannot say enough about how wonderful it was to work with Michelle and I would highly recommend any event at the Rattlesnake Club. The food was delicious, the perch and the filet were the hits of the night. Before dinner we were able to go down to the Riverwalk and got some amazing pictures. All our guests agreed it was the perfect evening:)

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Amanda R

The rattlesnake lived up to its good name. So organized and amazing wait staff. The event coordinator Michelle made herself very available through the whole wedding planning process

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Danyelle N

From the minute we toured the Rattlesnake Club we knew that was our place. It is a beautiful venue (just on it's own) paired with a fantastic restaurant, you cannot go wrong. Amy and staff were amazing to work with! Communication was timely and pleasant, accommodations were made... Read More when we requested, no small detail was overlooked and our wedding was the most perfect day! We cannot thank Amy, Michelle, Chenari, the chef and wait staff enough for helping to make our special day all that we dreamed.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kristal C

I planned my entire wedding on my own. This venue was perfect and spectacular!! Imagine a beautiful sunny summer day with the wind just right, not a cloud in sight, and a view of the river while looking into the love of your life eyes, saying "I do". I was able to create my... Read More entire vision through this venue. I realized that I didn't even need to go overboard with the decor. It was so elegant and modern just as is. The food was very delicious and they gave my guest plenty. The best part of this venue was the Coordinator Amy, she felt like my sister, throughout my entire year of planning. They also gave me great leads to other vendors and whenever I wanted something changed at the last minute they did it with no hesitation. They were very patient and flexible. I gave them 4 stars only because I had to work with a different coordinator during my reception time, (for an understandable reason) and I didn't feel as connected with her as I did with Amy. But overall, the Venue, Food, Service and last but not least, my Coordinator Amy was five stars in my book! I would recommend the Rattlesnake to any and everyone who is getting married.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Jenna P

My husband and I could not have asked for a better experience. From the beginning our wedding coordinator at the Rattlesnake Club, Michelle Taylor, was extremely responsive (to our gazillion emails), friendly and extremely flexible. On the day of our wedding there every staff... Read More member, bartender, waiter, etc. was friendly, professional and congratulated us multiple times - nice touch! The food is absolutely amazing at the Rattlesnake Club and was the main reason we chose this venue. We also enjoyed the fact that we were the only wedding at this venue as it is a one wedding venue, and not a reception hall. The rattle snake also gives you a tasting to help you narrow down your choices which is extremely helpful. If you are looking for an amazing, downtown, riverfront venue with great staff, we would highly recommend working with the Rattlesnake Club! Thanks Michelle and staff for everything!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Gail D

The Rattlesnake was absolutely wonderful as a venue for our rehearsal dinner. The staff was so attentive and friendly. The event coordinator did a beautiful job of making sure every detail was correct. The food was excellent. The atmosphere was unique and perfect. We loved it... Read More and would have it again there in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 9/04/2016 April A

I would tell any couple thinking of booking this venue for their ceremony/rehearsal to DO IT! Our wedding was unique, well executed, and beyond beautiful. Michelle and the entire staff were such a joy to work with, they truly made our day everything we had dreamed of. I am... Read More still getting texts about how amazing the food was!

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Ally C

We can not say enough nice things about the Rattlesnake Club. It was an absolutely incredible experience and the venue played a huge part in the "specialness" of our day. Both my husband and I have been in many weddings where, despite the fact the bride and groom pay for most of... Read More it and spend hours deliberating on tastes, they never taste a bite. Rattlesnake, wouldn't serve our food until we were seated, and began the night with a plate of appetizers for the wedding party, who had been absent for much of cocktail hour. This small detail alone is a true stand out of the Rattlesnake Club. Not only do they serve delicious food, but they ensure that the bride and groom are taken care of. We served salmon, which Some of our parents had objections too, but after the event, the fantastic reviews quickly had my new mother in law saying "you were right, salmon as a good call." As I said I can't stop raving about the place, it rained on our wedding day, and the guests said that they didn't notice that not having the cocktail hour outside was even even the intention. That's how flawless the Rattlesnake is. I can't thank Amy and Michele enough for their care, consideration and attention to the details of our day. They are a gem to any ones wedding.

Reviewed on 8/09/2016

We cannot give enough praise to the Staff at the Rattlesnake Club for making our wedding perfect. We hosted our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception at the Rattlesnake. Amy and Michelle are so professional and accommodating. Although we have dined at the Rattlesnake Club... Read More before- we had never attended an event prior to our wedding. We were not sure what to expect with the service for a large event compared to restaurant dining. Our expectations were blown away! All of the staff was so professional, fun and welcoming. Our guests are still raving about the service and the quality of the food. The food, the staff and the venue are absolutely amazing. The Rattlesnake is the best hidden gem in Detroit for a wedding. We loved every minute of our wedding- thanks to the staff at the Rattlesnake... now if we could only do it all over again :)

Reviewed on 7/29/2016

We chose the Rattlesnake Club for my daughters July wedding as it afforded us a waterfront location to hold both the ceremony as well as the reception. We could not have been more pleased. We received excellent service throughout the planning stage. Michelle did a fine job of... Read More suggesting options and keeping us on track with the planning process. Her professionalism and responsiveness was appreciated. We received many compliments on the service staff that assisted throughout the event. The cocktail hour was a classic touch and provided the perfect transition from the ceremony to the reception and helped in setting the tone for the evening. The fare was superior and contributed to completing the perfect experience for my daughter, my new son-in-law and for our guests. I can, without hesitation give the highest recommendation for the Rattlesnake Club and would consider this one of Detroit’s premier wedding venues.

Reviewed on 7/29/2016

Amazing venue, beautiful space, and wonderful staff

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Kenyon R

I had an outstanding experience working with the Rattlesnake Club. I highly recommend the venue! The space is beautiful, the staff is friendly and organized, and the food is amazing. We had an outdoor ceremony in their garden/patio overlooking the river - and the view was... Read More stunning. After the ceremony we had a cocktail hour on their outdoor patio followed by dinner and dancing in the atrium. The transition between spaces was logical ans seamless. Amy, the venue coordinator was a pleasure to work with - very detailed oriented, organized, helpful and accommodating. Our guests raved about the hors d'oeuvres and the entrees (wild salmon, bbq short ribs, and wild mushroom and spinach ravioli). All of which were amazing! Amy coordinated with all of vendors and we had a stress free set-up. We had an absolutely wonderful wedding day and are so grateful to everyone at the Rattlesnake Club!

Perfect Day!

Reviewed on 12/01/2014 Hannah G

We are so thrilled that we picked The Rattlesnake Club for our Ceremony and Reception. Amy was very helpful and supportive during the planning process and always quick to respond to my many questions. The food at The Rattlesnake is incredible - several guests told us that it... Read More was the best "wedding food" they've ever had! The level of service is also very high. The outdoor ceremony space is stunning, as well as the cocktail hour patio and reception atrium. The value for what we received was off the charts... We absolutely recommend The Rattlesnake Club to anyone looking to marry in Detroit!

95% Perfection!

Reviewed on 8/25/2014 Samantha N

Amy E. is one of the best most attentive coordinators I have ever met. She was kind and generous and even sent a personal note to apologize for being ill and not responding to an email promptly. The Tasting was perfect, the menu selections worked out wonderfully so that we had 2... Read More entrees and one that converted to a vegetarian option. The day of our wedding everything was as my title says 95% perfect. Nothing that anyone else but the mother of the bride and the bride (myself) noticed (we have catering backgrounds) So one item was that our Limo was late arriving for the photo session around town so the horderves were never put on the limo for the wedding party as was stated in the contract. Then after cocktails and into the reception, the staff would not leave water pitchers on tables even though they were asked to because they were not fast enough to keep glasses full, and several full beverages were cleared repeatedly while guests were on the dance floor. Causing guests to repeatedly go back to the bar for a new one, which we had an open bar so it didn't change the cost, but the perception did not look so great on the staff for that one. So probably just some over eager folks trying to keep the tables looking nice, and coming from that background I totally understand and it wasn't noticed by many except us few who work or have worked in that field. Also my cake after being cut by my husband and I was just wheeled off to the side and was never cut or served as was outlined in my contract. I was able to get the top of the cake at the end of the night which is when I realized the rest was never cut and served so I just let it go, but It was a special cake made by a family member so I was pretty upset that no one was able to eat any. My husband and I never did make it to desert on any level because we were trying to visit with all our guests and get a couple dances in as well. Overall though it was told to us that it was the best wedding many had ever been to and that they thought the whole day was perfect! Thankfully the venue had an indoor space for us in case the weather did not cooperate, but we were lucky enough to have truly perfect weather that day. So the few things that went wrong were only noticed by a few so overall it was as I said 95% perfect!

Amazing Venue!

Reviewed on 7/30/2014 Kristen G

I would recommend the Rattlesnake to everyone who wants to have a different style wedding that isn't in your typical ball room. The food at the Rattlesnake is by far the best food any venue will serve you. Multiple guests said it was the best filet they have ever had. The... Read More platting of the meals is also spectacular. The Rattlesnake serves all of their guests with the same quality and service as they would if you were dinning in their amazing restaurant. Amy was excellent in making sure everything ran smoothly. Having the cocktail hour outside then moving into the atrium for the reception defiantly added to the experience. Many venues have their cocktail hour in the same place as the reception, but it was very cool to have the very unique spaces. Another plus of the Rattlesnake if they have nice linens and chairs so we did not have to spend money on any rentals. Overall I would highly recommend any couple to have their wedding at the Rattlesnake. Our wedding was able to be unique, different, and absolutely perfect!

Best Venue Ever

Reviewed on 7/11/2014 Liz W

I cannot say enough about how amazing the Rattlesnake was for our ceremony and reception. Amy (Head of Private Dining and Catering) is a miracle worker. She worked with me for over a year to make our event a success. The food was stellar and a great value. The outdoor ceremony... Read More and cocktail spaces took advantage of the perfect weather. The indoor reception space was not your typical event space, which is what we were after. I cannot recommend the Rattlesnake enough.

Super cool venue

Reviewed on 10/21/2012 Catherine B

When I first started planning our wedding I knew I wanted something different. I didn't want it to be at a banquet hall or a country club and I wanted there to be space for our ceremony at the same location. I came across an add for The Rattlesnake Club and showed it to my... Read More husband who said, "I am not getting married at a place called The Rattlesnake Club." So, I continued searching and after many tears and no luck finding the "perfect" venue, I suggested The Rattlesnake again and we went to take a look. It was AMAZING! As soon as we walked into the atrium my husband looked at me and said, "This is where we are getting married!" It is such a cool and unique space and the riverfront ceremony space had our guests in awe! The food was AMAZING! I had guests tell me that was the best steak they had ever eaten! Amy is super easy to work with and had every detail down on the day of. I had a day of coordinator (who was awful), but I really didn't need one with Amy. She really cares about the bride and groom and not just the venue, which I think you find with site coordinators. We could not have found a better venue!!

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 10/04/2012 Sarah D

Planning my wedding out of state, I did a lot of research online and it wasn't until we actually went and saw this beautiful, amazing venue - location, food, everything - that we knew it would be perfect. The outside ceremony site on the Detroit River is amazing, and the overall... Read More atmosphere of the Rattlesnake's location is truly beautiful - flowering trees, red brick buildings, black iron trim. It's very secluded from Downtown Detroit, but still a short walk to the Ren Cen. The food was absolutely amazing, our guests are still raving about it, and Amy was wonderful to work with. Not having a wedding planner of our own, it was so helpful to have a point person to coordinate with. I cannot say enough good things about the Rattlesnake Club and would highly recommend it to any Bride.

Beautiful venue, amazing food!

Reviewed on 9/17/2011 Colleen D

The Rattlesnake Club was an absolutely beautiful venue and the food was fabulous. The events coordinator, however, is what sold me on the venue. She was easy to work with, professional and very organized. I couldn't believe how much she helped out and it really helped the... Read More planning process and the day of to go smoothly. We got many compliments on how great the food was. I would highly recommend The Rattlesnake Club to anyone looking for a different, elegant venue.