Welcome to The Renaissance!

the renaissance 107 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA (804) 649-3373 RenaissanceVA.com Coined as Richmond’s best-kept secret, The Renaissance is one of its largest Victorian ballrooms, offering a true one-stop shop wedding experience. With our downtown location, parking is convenient and plentiful, and we are close to most downtown hotel rooms, making it easy for guests to stay close by.. We are booking 2018+ seasons; inquire today!! Ask about our special rates and bundles!

Ballroom, Historic Venue

824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

107 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA (804) 649-3373

Reviewed on 1/15/2018 Karen L

If you are looking for a top notch venue for a reasonable price, the only place in Richmond is The Renaissance. Tommy, Jon, Precious, and their entire staff are incredible in executing your dream wedding. From the moment we first contacted Tommy up until the end of our wedding... Read More day, The Renaissance team was there to ensure our day was absolutely perfect. Our New Year’s Eve wedding consisted of just over 150 people and the venue itself was perfect. There were about 20 tables and did not feel crowded with that many people. There was also a large space for the dance floor! The staff was able to accommodate some out of the box ideas for us and did not shy away at a challenge. When we arrived to drop items off before our wedding day, Precious and her team took detailed notes of where each item should be placed. When we arrived on our wedding day, everything was set up exactly the way we envisioned and even with a few little unexpected surprises added that made everything look wonderful. We added on the professional photo booth as well which we highly recommend as it was a great keepsake for the guests.The bar had an expansive selection of beers and alcohol available and multiple guests commented to us about how nice and accommodating the bar staff was. One unique request we had was that we wanted to eat privately before the guests at our wedding ate so we could take time to walk around to all of the tables to visit with our guests. Upon making this request, the staff advised us that this had never done before, but they were open to trying it out. I cannot begin to explain the level of efficiency with which this task was carried out. After the ceremony, we were able to enjoy a quiet meal, just the two of us, in the bridal suite. We highly recommend that all couples do this. The quality of the food was beyond what we expected. Many guests commented on how tasty both the food and appetizers were during our reception; and since we were able to eat and enjoy our meal as well, we couldn’t agree more. If your worried about price, don’t be. It was almost unreal how much we got for how nice the venue was in comparison to other venues of this size in the area. All of the items we added on were also competitive in price which is directly attributed to how well the staff is regarded in the wedding industry and the relationships they have built with other vendors in the area. If you're lucky enough to have your wedding at The Renaissance, you’re in for a real treat!

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Kristen T

Sometimes the words aren't there, but I'll try. The Renaissance was beyond wonderful for us and knew exactly what they were doing. They cared about our needs, our initial confusions, our questions. They were absolutely unbelievable. I don't want to imagine this process without... Read More their expertise. Emails were answered, prices were up front (and FAIR!), contract was clear, their recommendations were top-notch. It was an amazing experience for my bride and I and we will be forever grateful that we even saw them when looking at venues. Tommy is pure class, Jon knows what he's doing in the kitchen - it was delicious. The staff there CARE about you and your guests and are a combination of genuinely awesome and extremely well-trained that you just don't find anymore. A special shout-out to Precious, my mother regularly brings you up in conversation, 3 weeks after the fact. The venue is beautiful, everything (EVERYTHING - food catering/seating/planning/setup/clean up/staffing/decorating/security/alcohol/parking) was done in a way that we would never be able to accomplish. There are extras available that they just handle with ease - we loved the photo booth! It was great and we'll never have any regrets. Thanks again! Mike and Kristen

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Sue B

I cannot begin to tell you all how incredible our wedding experience was with the Renaissance. Tommy and his team are amazing! They have been in this industry for decades, and know more than anyone else about EVERYTHING wedding related. We decided to do our wedding reception at... Read More the Renaissance and are the luckiest people in the world to have had that honor. I looked up and down for a great place in Richmond and while we found some wonderful places, we ultimately fell in love how the Renaissance treated us and how beautiful it was. The pictures don’t do it justice. Other venues were neither as kind nor accommodating to our needs. Tommy welcomed all of them and was so excited about our wedding. He was always quick to respond to all my emails, phone calls, and open to all the ideas that I threw at him. There is no other place in Richmond that could have been any better. Highlights: Having an Indian and American reception, it was important for us to have Indian food. Tommy broke the rules for us and didn’t hesitate to incorporate our own Indian caterer because it was a cultural exception. Tommy helped us find amazing vendors and gave advice when we were on the fence about certain layouts, colors, and ideas. He helped us feel comfortable with our decisions all the way and helped us get great deals on everything we needed to make it successful. Tommy was always honest about everything and his expertise is priceless. He knows everything there is to know about weddings and his attitude is amazing. He has been published in many national magazines and articles about his wedding expertise. No one is as passionate as he is about them. All of our guests were raving about the food, drinks, staff, and how beautiful the Renaissance is. It’s a very special place to us now. If you are on the fence about booking the Renaissance, don’t even think twice. They are the best people in Richmond, the most dedicated and most passionate wedding people ever. They will TAKE CARE OF YOU and you will never look back. Thank you for making our celebration the absolute best!!!

Reviewed on 2/11/2018 Mary K

“Our wedding was everything we hoped and dreamed!” Those were the words of my daughter and son-in-law at the conclusion of their wedding and reception. If you want a venue and a team of people who truly care about making your wedding dreams come true, come to The Renaissance.... Read More From your first tour with Tommy Waters, in which he listens to your ideas and is ready to make them work, all the way to your wedding day where Chef Jon Beattie, Emmett Hickam, Precious, and the rest of the team have your day run like clockwork and make your dreams come true. The Renaissance is truly perfection! The team is available throughout the whole process and is accommodating and responsive. They help make your wedding planning fun, exciting and less stressful. They truly take care of everything and are there to answer any questions, both during the planning stages and on the day of your wedding. I still have family members complimenting us on the wedding while the compliments truly deserve to go to The Renaissance. Don’t delay! Choose The Renaissance and you will have the wedding of your dreams!

Reviewed on 1/22/2018

We had an awesome Rehearsal Dinner experience at The Renaissance. Everything was top notch! Tommy worked with us on the planning and the Staff executed everything to perfection. The meal was absolutely delicious. I would highly recommend The Renaissance for any event!!

Reviewed on 1/18/2018 Donna G

Thank you for a magical evening on December 30, 2017. The professionalism shown by the staff at the The Renaissance made for a worry-free magical evening! The setting was absolutely gorgeous! Everything was perfect from the cocktail hour, appetizers, sit down dinner for 56,... Read More to the plated desserts! I was especially pleased with the detailed communication from beginning to end. No question went unanswered!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Amy V

In my husband’s words: “If I could give Tommy a 10-star rating, I would”. Five stars is not sufficient to rate how outstanding Thomas Waters with The Renaissance is to work with. From our first tour of the facility to the very last planning meeting, Tommy was helpful,... Read More approachable, took time to get to know our specific needs, and customized our package for our needs. He was easily reachable through email or phone, and the personal attention made it seem like we were his only clients! Our guests were amazed at the beauty and classy look of the ballroom, and could not stop talking about the food! Even a week later, they kept talking about how delicious the food was – especially the Duchess mashed potatoes. One of my favorite things about the Renaissance is the bridal suite. This is a little room just for the bride/bridal party to freshen up before and during the reception. It’s like a mini living room with an adjacent bathroom…this was literally the selling point for me! It was SO nice to be able to use the restroom in my own private bathroom and change into my going away dress in a comfortable space. The only complaint I have is that the reception staff seemed to be disorganized at times. A small anniversary dance gift was supposed to be placed at the DJ table, and the staff didn’t find the gift until a while after the anniversary dance. Also, I had dropped off glow sticks to use at our exit, and at the end of our reception, the staff could not find the glow sticks until we were almost ready to walk out. That being said, this was a small hiccup in the grand scheme of the night. Overall, we are so pleased with our experience and the amount of planning and coordination that Tommy invested in our wedding reception. When my husband and I arrived at The Renaissance and glanced into the ballroom, I was taken aback at how beautiful it was. The whole night felt like a fairy tale. We would choose The Renaissance again in a heartbeat!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 MG V

We held our dinner rehearsal here at the Renaissance. It was absolutely fantastic. The entire staff was welcoming, helpful and very accommodating. They made sure I always had a drink in my hand and I had enough food to eat. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.... Read More Not to mention, the food was to die for!! I highly recommend this location. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Fhanel S

Were do I begin?! Tommy is Awesome!!! From planning the wedding to my wedding day his staff was simply amazing! I was waited on hand and foot the day of the wedding. Everything went so smooth..if anything went wrong I have no knowledge of it. The venue is beautiful so many... Read More different ways to style it. Best venue I’ve seen in RVA. Affordable, you are really getting more for your money! Not one time was I pressured into anything. I simply explained what I wanted and Tommy executed without a problem. The food was AMAZING. Normally wedding food is hit or miss but The Renaissance of RVA had my guests wanting more!!! The staff were super professional they made me and my guest feel like we’ve known them forever. They enjoyed the photo booth with my baby boys and even joined us on the dance floor. It was a special day and it was all because of the staff at The Renaissance of RVA. If I could do it all over again I would not change a thing!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Natalie W

I've been working with Tommy for over 2 years and he and his entire team have been amazing. They are great to work with, very accommodating and they made us, our friends and family feel welcomed. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and has that vintage feel that I wanted.... Read More Absolutely love them!!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Mary D

The Renaissance, Tommy W., Precious, and the entire staff are top notch. Tommy worked with us in our planning, providing advice and guidance whenever we asked for it. The reception was better than I imagined it could be. Several of our guests complimented the staff, and several... Read More asked us to please pass on compliments to The Renaissance. Go visit - pictures do not do it justice. It is a lovely venue with a staff who truly aims to please (and they did)!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Nicole M

Beautiful venue and staff. I had an amazing time and it's a memory I will forever hold dear. Definitely worth the price.

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Christine d

My wedding reception at The Renaissance was absolutely wonderful. Tommy was great to work with and made everything so easy. I didn't have to worry about a thing on the day of. The food was fantastic, all our our guests were raving about it saying it was some of the best wedding... Read More food they've had. I would absolutely recommend meeting with the team at The Renaissance!!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Lamitra C

My husband and I cannot be more grateful for the opportunity to have such a beautiful ceremony and reception at the Renaissance. Throughout the process, Tommy and Emmett were nothing other than AMAZING! Tommy has the best personality in the world and I always enjoyed our... Read More conversations. He promised us that our day would be all that we dreamed of but he didn't warn us that it would be MORE THAN WE DREAMED OF. Emmett is great to work with because he is extremely creative and collaborative. On the day of, he showed nothing but kindness! I cannot end this "shout out" without thanking all of The Renaissance Staff (Jon (the chef), Precious, waiters, bartenders, and everyone else who helped!) It was truly the wedding beyond our dreams and we cannot thank you all enough. We will be sure to recommend this venue to others! FYI: We also planned this wedding from Chicago and The Renaissance always worked around our visiting schedule to make sure we felt comfortable before the day of and could take care of business onsite. Mr. and Mrs. Cotman 7/8/2017

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Darlene S

I can't say enough about how wonderful my daughter's wedding was. Tommy and the staff were incredible to work with and very responsive to everything. Tommy also made us feel that our wedding was the most important wedding on his books! My daughter and her new husband both said... Read More it was the best day of their lives!!! I would recommend the Renaissance to anyone!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Brad S

When my daughter first walked into the Renaissance, it was apparent this is where she wanted her wedding and reception to be. She and her fiance had a vision to have a Harlem Renaissance themed wedding. The million dollar question was could their vision be turned into... Read More reality. The answer was an astounding yes! Tommy and his crew went above and beyond and turned my daughter's wedding day into the fairy tale every girl dreams of and deserves. While the staff did an unbelievable job transforming one room into an elegant wedding venue, they out did themselves transforming the reception hall into a 1920's Harlem jazz club. The wedding colors of black and gold were everywhere to include the chairs and seat cushions, table fixtures, linens and trimmings. The lighting was elegant and our guests had plenty of room to socialize, dance and enjoy themselves. While the food is sometimes overlooked at a wedding, we all enjoyed meals mostly seen in four and five star restaurants. The pastries were perfect and the bar was expertly manned with no shortages of drinks. The staff was totally professional as they balanced what needed to be done while not interfering with the event. As the father of the bride, I couldn't have been happier with The Renaissance. The smile on my daughter's face was all I needed to see that the entire Renaissance staff delivered on their promise to provide a world class event at a world class venue. Again, my thanks to Tommy and his entire staff for everything they did in making my daughter's day magical.

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Trina C

We loved working with the Renaissance family. The staff here is friendly, impressive and professional. They treated us with a personal touch that made our special night run smoothly, leaving a lasting impression on us, and our guests. We chose this venue for many reasons.... Read More Having catering, a coordinator, and a wedding planner to help over see even the smallest detail was priceless. The elegant foyer offered a grand entrance that set the mood for our guest upon arrival, with its warm and classic beauty. As we walked around we noticed that every room, hallway, staircase and corner in this fabulous space would be the perfect backdrop for photos. I fell in love with the Grand Ballroom as it was the perfect setting for our family and friends to mingle, dine and dance. We also chose to hold both the ceremony and reception here because of the added convenience to us and our guest. I would recommend meeting with this group and taking a stroll through this gem to see for yourself.

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Alena S

The entire Renaissance staff was amazing. They made our special day flow with ease. They honestly felt like family by the end of the planning process. I would highly recommend their services for a beautiful and elegant wedding.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Carla P

The Renaissance is amazing! My daughter's wedding reception was held here on June 2, 2017 and I was pleased with every aspect of Tommy and his team! We booked The Renaissance over a year ago and the level of service and attention to detail was top notched the entire time. The... Read More food was simply divine, the decor exquisite, and the staff superb! We had over 200 guests and every need was taken care of with such professionalism and grace. The Renaissance is the place to have your event. Again thank you Tommy and the team!

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Nadia W

Omg the Rennisance was absolutely awesome! My hotel coordinator Tiffanie was a girls best friend and helped make my day go Amazing! I was almost sad to part from her. The hotel offered a great presidential suite for us, and their food omg their food was delicious! I got so many... Read More compliments! The ambiance of the hotel is stunning and gives great pictures. I honestly would recommend this hotel to anyone planning an elegant wedding!

Reviewed on 4/06/2017 Shana A

The Renaissance was the perfect place for our wedding. Tommy and his entire staff are kind, friendly and extraordinarily supportive and helpful in every way, making a potentially stressful occasion a lot of fun. Working together with our florist, Mona Ray, Tommy created a... Read More fairyland setting, even adding in some extras at no extra charge! The space is beautiful, and so many of our guests remarked on how perfect it was, with plenty of room to mingle and dance. I can't imagine a more breathtaking venue!

Reviewed on 4/01/2017 Sara G

Our wedding was absolutely perfect. We had both our ceremony and reception at The Renaissance. The team there is amazing and helps you with every little detail along the way. They will make sure your every wish is executed in elegant style. The Renaissance itself is a beautiful... Read More historic ballroom and you will be in awe when you see it! Our guests have said it was the best wedding they ever attended! Definitely 100% worth it :D Go check it out!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Elle B

Tommy and The Renaissance staff were amazing! I can't say enough good things about the venue and my experience throughout the planning process. Tommy was incredibly responsive and helpful at every stage. The day of our wedding went very smoothly and guests commented during and... Read More after the event on how tasty the food was and how professional and attentive the staff was towards them throughout the evening. All of the food was delicious and the ballroom was set up exactly as I had hoped! My husband and I were so impressed and overwhelmed with how beautiful everything looked when we first arrived at the venue. If you book with The Renaissance you won't be disappointed! The value is incredible and Tommy is there to help you every step of the way. We are so happy we booked The Renaissance - it truly was the best day of our lives!

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Jessica B

My planning experience with the staff from The Renaissance was nothing short of amazing. The venue itself is stunning, regal, and elegant. We fell in love with it from the first time we stepped inside the doors. They really sell themselves as a "one stop shop" with the... Read More adjacently located Shoppes at the Renaissance. Although we didn't use many of those vendors, it was nice having the options. The Renaissance is nothing without the excellent team of staff that accompanied us along the way. Tommy was essential to the planning and coordinating process in the days leading up to the wedding. He always welcomed us with a smile and a hug, provided great advice on vendors, colors, etc., and was eager and quick to answer any questions we had (and trust me, I had a lot!). As an awesome perk, we also had access to Richmond's best wedding planner, Emmett. He took our thoughts and vision for our special day and made it a reality. He was easy to work with, creative, passionate, and so organized. The vendors worked together seamlessly, the ballroom was decorated beautifully, and the bride and groom were taken care of all night - all thanks to Emmett's coordination with his team and passion for his couples. I never had to stress for one second because I knew Emmett, Tommy, and the rest of the team were going to do everything in their power to make our day special and unforgettable. An example: Tommy picked up our linens and other rentals the day before the wedding because he knew I was running around town taking care of other errands, and then returned them the Monday after our wedding when we left for our honeymoon! From the moment the ladies walked in the door the morning of the wedding, Precious made sure we were comfortable, happy, and having fun. We loved every second of our time here and would gladly recommend The Renaissance to any future couples who want their wedding planning experience to be stress free. This team goes above and beyond to make sure your wedding day is perfect.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Kelly C

The Renaissance was absolutely perfect!! Tommy was hilarious and so wonderful to work with. He is easy to contact, and he made the logistics of finding a venue so much fun! Jon and the rest of the kitchen staff are so talented, even when cooking for 200 people! Emmett was an... Read More amazing wedding planner. Throughout the ceremony, he took care of my husband and I non-stop by getting us food, drinks, and directing us where to go and when. I knew I had nothing to worry about with Tommy and Emmett- they did all of the hard work and let us relax and have a wonderful time. Everything was honestly perfect.

Meet The Director of Sales

This is the one you've heard about, lol If its a wedding this is the guy to talk with !!