The Ribault Club

Fort George Island, FL

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with The Ribault Club

A COUNTRY CLUB IN FORT GEORGE ISLAND, FL

The Ribault Club is a beautiful special events venue located on Fort George Island, Florida. It has lovely waterfront views and direct boat access. The grounds feature lush gardens and towering palm trees. The building itself has a contemporary look with a few charming rustic touches. It's suitable for ceremonies and receptions and it can accommodate large or small wedding parties. There are a number of indoor and outdoor spaces available.

The Ballroom is an elegant space that features 14-foot-high ceilings and customized wall and ceiling lighting. Large windows offer views of the water and the lawns of the side yard. This space can accommodate up to 150 guests with space for a small dance floor.

The Dining Room is slightly smaller than the ballroom and it can accommodate up to 100 guests. It can be used on its own or in conjunction with the ballroom for larger wedding parties. This room has a long rectangular shape, which works well for ceremonies because it's easy to create a long aisle for couples to walk down.

The Foyer is a long hall that connects the dining room to the ballroom. Accommodating up to 150 guests, it can be used in conjunction with the other two rooms to create one large continuous space.

The Side Yard is a popular space for outdoor ceremonies and it's the largest outdoor event space at this venue. It can accommodate up to 350 guests and it features meticulously maintained lawns as well as lush palm trees. One corner of this yard also has views of the ocean.

The Back Yard is a smaller outdoor space with direct ocean views. It can accommodate around 200 standing guests and 150 seated guests. Surrounded by decorative shrubberies and trees, the space has an intimate and private feel.

The Ribault Club does not provide any catering or beverage services for weddings. It has an open vendor policy, which means that couples are permitted to contract any licensed professionals for their event. The Ribault Club has a list of preferred vendors that they have worked with in the past, but couples are not required to select their vendors from this list.

This venue provides tables and chairs for up to 400 guests. It has rectangular or round tables to choose from and also provides extra tables for necessities, such as a sign-in table, a cake table and a table for presents. However, no place settings are provided.

The Ribault Club has event coordinators on site to help couples plan their wedding. These coordinators provide a variety of services, including coordinating with vendors and helping with decorating services. Couples can also choose to have their coordinator on hand on the day of their event to help the event run smoothly.

The Ribault Club is a beautiful, versatile venue and it offers wedding parties a variety of fun and useful extra perks.

• Carriage rides available
  • Direct beach access
  • Boat ramp for boat arrivals
  • Boat rentals available
  • Bookstore
  • Access to art exhibits

Exclusive Venue, Expert Planners

Tucked away on pristine waterfront parkland, among majestic southern oaks, the Ribault Club is an historically restored and intimately secluded venue that is as timeless as it is contemporary. Our staff creates, designs and manages weddings, that guests will long remember.

$ – Inexpensive

Country Club, Historic Venue

11241 Fort George Road, Fort George Island, FL (904) 251-1050

True Southern atmosphere

Reviewed on 11/10/2013 Denise L

Love this historical site as a wedding venue. Dining rooms, full kitchen, dressing rooms and I can use my own caterer!

Intimate and Naturally Beautiful

Reviewed on 12/02/2012 Amanda J

The Ribault Club is the perfect venue for a wedding if you are looking for something intimate and naturally beautiful. The isolated location provides intimacy and the mixture of giant oak trees, palm trees (and path to the water) is so naturally beautiful you won't need to... Read More jazz-up the place with over the top decor and flowers. Hotels and banquet halls pale in comparison to this place. We had our ceremony outside under the tree, the dance floor outside under strings of lights and the food stations and dining tables both inside and out providing a relaxed, comfortable atmosphere where everyone could mingle about. The Ribault Club provides a gorgeous backdrop for every single photo taken during the wedding. Between the charm of the building itself and the richness of being surrounded by nature (not cars, streets, and more buildings), beautiful photos are effortless. The staff and wedding coordinator are beyond helpful and do everything in their power to make your day special. Their attention to detail is phenomenal. Our girls got ready in the several rooms upstairs while the groomsmen had a room downstairs. It was the perfect set up all the way around. You will start and finish your wedding day stress free. I had so much FUN that day thanks to the staff at Ribault Club.

Intimate and Ideal

Reviewed on 7/07/2012 Katherine H

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect setting for my wedding. The Ribault Club was simply perfect. We also used their wedding coordinator services and if I could give Chrissy 6 stars, I would. We had a destination wedding and she made sure everything was exactly how I... Read More pictured it. She listened to me and gave us a day we will never forget.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Jessica P

Absolutely LOVED getting married at the Ribault Club. The price was inexpensive in comparison to most Jacksonville venues, and you just can't beat the charm of the live oak tree, spacious ballroom, and open windows. The ONLY downside of the entire experience was hurricane Irma... Read More bringing in lots of mosquitos. Unfortunately mosquito treatment is not included in the cost of the venue's maintenance fees, so we had to come out of pocket for that. Again though, this was a minor issue. Chelsi was great in helping us to secure the venue/rehearsal time and during our final walk-through. She was thorough and always answered my e-mails in a timely manner. We had the most amazing wedding. Would definitely recommend this venue to other engaged couples in the area.

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Marissa H

I unfortunately was one of the few who had a wedding that was impacted by hurricane irma. However I have never seen such unprofessionalism in a venue before . Specifically the manager Chrissy is not the most pleasant and seemed to care less about my feelings . I was informed 24... Read More hours before my wedding day that the venue would be closed and my wedding had to be canceled. Unfortunately I was informed via email in an unsympathetic manner. Not even a recommendation of what I could do in this type of emergency, or even suggestions for rescheduling . She just like that left us hanging with little to no notice . We weren't even reassured that we would be getting our money back. It was beyond unprofessional and I wouldn't recommend this venue to anyone. Luckily our wedding was moved to a far more beautiful location and we had an extraordinary wedding at the winterbourn inn. I couldn't be happier that the ribault club canceled on us, it was a blessing in disguise.

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Alyssa C

The wedding venue is simply beautiful... you cannot go wrong with being able to pick your own vendors! Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Renee W

The Ribault Club is a perfect venue for couples who wish to have a unique wedding. With little supplied and hardly any rules regarding vendors, it's easy to make your day custom to you. I did choose a coordinator package with the club but in hindsight I don't think it was really... Read More worth it. I also didn't care for the "relief" coordinator who was supposedly in charge of breaking down my decor but instead watched my maid of honor and her mom do all the work. She even made ME (the BRIDE) take trash out to the dumpster down by the road because we could not leave anything in the club. The staff was very helpful with preparing for the wedding but not so much with breaking it down. Overall, the Ribault Club was a great venue and I would recommend it to other engaged friends.

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Rachael H

I worked with Angie as my day of coordinator and she is so kind and thorough that it put me at much ease for the wedding. The venue is of course stunning and so organic. Our only complaint was clean up.

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Milbrey W

Beautiful venue, beautiful scenery! Everything was perfect start to finish, I highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 2/27/2016

Completely gorgeous, with tons of Florida charm. We had a beautiful outdoor wedding, and the wedding planner helped take care of all the details with us. Since we were allowed to use the entire facility, there was plenty of space for everything we needed. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Monique R

We hosted our wedding at the Ribault Club on Friday, July 24th 2015. After looking at well over 15 venues throughout the greater Jacksonville and St. Augustine area we settled on this venue for the price and flexibility. The Ribault Club is hands down the most affordable venue... Read More in Jacksonville and includes Chivari chairs, tables, and a beautiful backdrop to make any vision come to life. With the flexibility given, we book a Friday event to cut the price in half and then loved that we were able to bring in our own food and decorations. We ended up having a food truck which was an unbelievable hit, so delicious, and such a money saver! Overall, I give the club 5 stars for the location, ample parking, price, and value included within the rental fee. Where my review drops is the people you will have to interact with at the club to make your vision come to life. Chrissy, the one and only event manager currently on staff, was distant and difficult at times. It was frustrating not being able to get the answers I needed to have peace of mind for our event which is the job of a venue event manager. I regret having to write this in a review but want others to be aware. Should this overlooked? I would say absolutely! Despite the customer service and lack of response, it was still the best venue choice and our wedding was so GORGEOUS! I wouldn't change anything in the world. Just be prepared to put in a little more effort with this vendor than with others you may book. I hope this is helpful in making your upcoming wedding decisions!

Idyllic Location and Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 1/26/2015 Kathryn D

We found the Ribault Club to be the perfect location for our outdoor wedding in early November, 110+ guests. There was ample space for the bridal party to get ready. Ceremony under the tree was perfect. Lorna was our contact, she was fabulous and clearly had a handle on... Read More everything. When weather became a challenge, the variety of rooms made for great backups. Lorna worked well with our vendors (brought our own alcohol, Chef's Garden for catering, Brooke Raulerson and Aubri Bleil at Artistic Florist for floral and day-of planning, Christina Karst Photography, St. John's Illuminations lit the trees and dance floor, and Casey Powell and Sara Jane Maples at Modern Classic Beauty for hair and makeup) and she gave good advice and structure at our pre-wedding meeting. Ultimately, our guests were blown away with the beautiful setting. Cons: roads to the island were a challenge. Pros: Gorgeous, ambiance, size, indoor/outdoor, historic, natural, southern charm, flexible and accommodating.

perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 5/14/2012 Alicia M

I found the Ribault Club in a magazine and couldn't have picked a more perfect setting. We got married under the oak tree and took pictures on the beach. It was all very southern and perfect! The club requires that you hire a wedding planner which I thought would be helpful... Read More since I was planning the wedding long distance. However, although my planner came very highly recommended, she was less than helpful and truly caused more stress than was necessary on the day of my wedding. She is the only reason I did not give this 5 stars.

Perfect Southern wedding venue

Reviewed on 5/10/2012 Crystal A

The Ribault Club's beauty speaks for itself. The grounds are incredible and the clubhouse is just perfect, especially for brides who want a Southern plantation feel. The space is large enough for a large wedding, but small enough for a smaller wedding, because different areas... Read More can be used. Lorna and Chrissy, the coordinators there, are wonderful. They were always responsive, which is helpful for couples like us who were planning from out of town. Lorna and Chrissy were also knowledgable, experienced, and provided a lot of suggestions and advice. We got married on Sunday, which was a better value. I only gave a lower rating on flexibility because being in a state park, it seemed hands were tied on certain regulations and restrictions. The only other downfall of the Club is that it is quite far from guest accommodations. We were initially worried about the long drive for our guests, but it was not a problem. It also feels more private because it is on state park land so is secluded by trees. I highly recommend this beautiful venue.

Beautiful

Reviewed on 12/10/2011 Elizabeth K

From the moment my husband and I saw the ribault we knew it was exactly what we had been looking for! We also really liked that we were able to pick our vendors freely and not have to pick from a preferred vendor list. They were very accommodating! The woman from the office even... Read More emailed me and told me there was a Sunday bride and would I be interested in splitting the dance floor and lighting with her!! I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful place to get married!

Wedding ceremony and reception site

Reviewed on 11/23/2011 Holly D

Beautiful southern country charm setting. Looked all over florida for a big oak tree for the ceremony and it was wonderful. Wedding planners were top and their recommendations were fabulous!

A beautiful place to visit or get married!

Reviewed on 6/14/2011 Keely B

This was my dream wedding venue! Chrissy was my day of coordinator and she was great! We were married under the tree right behind the club and it was amazing! If you are looking for a breathtaking wedding venue this is your place!!

Gorgeous

Reviewed on 12/17/2010 Katie Dahlin R

If you love an outdoor wedding The Ribault Club is amazing. The tall palm trees share the yard with the most beautiful oak trees. We got married under the tree that is behind the club and the pictures turned out great.

Unique, historic setting

Reviewed on 8/31/2010 Susan H

The Ribault Club on Ft. George Island outside of Jacksonville is a dramatic, lovely setting for a wedding and reception. We knew it was the place we wanted for our wedding the moment we saw it, and our guests were just as impressed with it as we were. The building is a... Read More carefully restored late 1920s country club, in a beautiful waterfront setting. The staff was a pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Tammy B

The natural setting/beauty;Mosquitos, drive time

Reviewed on 11/17/2008 April T

It was a nice indoor/outdoor venue. There's a nice breeze because it's on the island but not too much of a beachy feel.;After it rains biting gnats come out. We were constantly applying bug spray!

Reviewed on 9/22/2008 Elise B

The Ribault Club is a beautiful wedding site. It is located on the water and offers a lot of different places to take pictures.;The Ribault itself is expensive and only includes tables and chairs. Despite the high cost it will charge you 'vendor fees.' For example you book... Read More a $500 dance floor but the Ribault will charge you an extra $150 to get it put in their building. Also if you're wedding is on Saturday everything has to be out by Sunday morning which will make all of your vendors much more expensive. Finally in our case the staff at the Ribault Club is not very easy to work with.

Reviewed on 9/24/2007 Cameron H

The mansion is gorgeous and classic. There is plenty of space (we rented the entire downstairs). Outside is classic southern, Florida surroundings. There is the water, palm trees and massive oaks. We were married under one of the oak trees. The room for the women to get... Read More ready is really nice as well. We just fell in love with the site as soon as we saw it.

Reviewed on 9/08/2007 Tazmin H

Guests had option to go inside or outside. The outside was beautiful, fitting perfectly with our classic southern themed wedding;Be careful what time of year you get married. The flies tend to get worse during the hotter months

Reviewed on 8/28/2007 Cari S

It is a remote location with no traffic or other events going on. Beautiful property with big old oak trees. We had both the ceremony and the reception there.;Since it's off the beaten path a bit, it may be a little difficult for out of towners to spot. Balloons or signs... Read More indicating the entrance would have been helpful for us. It also will take longer to get to than one might think since the closest hotels are in Fernandina Beach and Amelia Island.