The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Nestled upon the tranquil shores of Lake Chatuge, The Ridges Resort and Marina is a luxurious getaway spot that's located between Young Harris and Hiawassee, Georgia. Surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains and their lush forests, the resort offers not only comfort and entertainment, but a number of naturally romantic settings for weddings as well. Whether it's a lavish gala or an intimate gathering, wedding ceremonies, receptions and rehearsals are available here.

The Red Banks Ridge Ballroom. This spacious room can accommodate large wedding parties with up to 235 guests. Featuring wooden rafters, an oversized stone fireplace and windows overlooking the mountains and lake, it's an ideal spot for couples wanting a setting that's both rustic and elegant. There's an adjacent outdoor terrace here as well, which guests are free to use during a reception.

The Chatuge Event Pier. For those couples who want to say "I do" right on the water beneath an open sky, this pier may just be for what they're looking. Able to hold as many as 200 guests for either a ceremony or reception, the pier is more than 3,000 square feet in size, making it a great place to host a memorable celebration.

The Lakeside Lawn. Another picturesque outdoor site, this manicured lawn rests beside the lake and offers stunning views of the mountains. The lawn may be used for a ceremony or reception.

The Oaks. Rich, wood-paneled walls give this room its rustic charm. In addition to the inviting atmosphere, the room has floor-to-ceiling windows that look out onto Lake Chatuge, as well as an outdoor patio. There's space enough for 94 guests to dine inside, while 50 can be accommodated on the patio.

High Cove Ridge Room. This cozy spot includes a unique interior shape and large bay windows. Providing lake views as well as doors leading to the grounds outside, the room can be used to host smaller receptions, cocktail hours or a rehearsal dinner with up to 100 guests.

Fireside Room. A room reminiscent of a private cottage, this intimate space is ideal for up to 45 guests. It has a large stone fireplace, as well as views of the marina, mountains and lake, giving it a warm and welcoming ambience.

Lakeside Pavilion. This covered pavilion features open walls and is surrounded by stately trees and a mountain backdrop. For a seated reception, between 60 and 70 guests can dine under the pavilion, while up to 120 people can gather in the area when additional lawn space is used.

All ceremonies taking place at the resort must be followed by a reception. There is no option to have a ceremony only. Should couples wish to get married elsewhere, they're permitted to have just the reception at the resort.

All tables and chairs are provided for receptions and ceremonies. These include dining tables, as well as cake, DJ, gift and guest book tables. Linens are available for no extra fee and come in a choice of white, black or ecru. All glassware and tableware is also provided by the resort.

Depending on the package chosen, reception events range in time from three to five hours in duration. All packages include a one-hour open bar for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. There's also a champagne toast during dinner.

Catering is taken care of by resort staff. This includes all food and beverages, with the only exception being a wedding cake. Although there's a preferred vendors list for other services, couples are free to use their own vendors if they want.

A few of the extra perks and unique add-ons that come with having a wedding at the resort include:

• Deluxe wedding night accommodations for newlyweds
  • Complimentary cake cutting
  • A bridal luncheon party (fee)
  • Rehearsal and ceremony coordinator
  • A post-wedding brunch (fee)
  • A pontoon boat sendoff for newlyweds (fee)
  • A welcome cocktail party (fee)
  • Option to have an event party boat for up to 25 people (fee)

Romantic Lakeside Venue

Say, "I do!" in the magical mountains on Lake Chatuge. The splendor of The Ridges Resort & Marina makes it a dream destination for weddings. Begin the rest of your life in a beautiful setting, with wonderful people, and the one you love.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Cruise, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

3499 US Highway 76 West, Young Harris, GA (706) 896-1886

Reviewed on 5/14/2015 Taryn J

I just had my wedding at The Ridges Resort and Marina on April 25, 2015. Picking The Ridges as my wedding venue was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We had our rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception all on their property. The mountains and lake in... Read More the background make for amazing pictures; day or night. Reasons I picked The Ridges Resort and Marina include: The beautiful floating pier. The updated gorgeous lodge rooms. The rooms were all updated recently with new furniture and big chunky side tables and four post bed frames. The rooms had very comfortable beds with nice thick bedding. The are private villas you could rent, as well. You can stay in one-, two-, three-, or four-bedroom villas. The villas are gorgeous and spacious. In my opinion they are worth the price. They were basically apartments with full kitchens, common areas, and nice patios. The three-bedroom villa we stayed in Friday night had two patios and the upstairs bedroom was huge. The groom and his friends used a three-bedroom villa to get ready in the day of the wedding and they said it was a perfect environment. The homey and comfortable feeling you get right when you enter the lodge. It consists of big comfy furniture and plenty of room for people to sit around and enjoy each others company. Everything is in walking distance. My guests were able to walk from their room, or villa, to the ceremony, rehearsal dinner, and the reception. No golf carts were needed to get people around. There are fire pits on the property and they ended up being a great place for everyone to gather, have a drink, laugh and unwind. There were actually two of them so after our rehearsal at the Pavilion we sat down at that one and later moved to the one right outside the lodge. People who weren’t tired after the reception ended were also able to hang out by the fire pit and enjoy each others company. After our Saturday wedding, we decided to stay an extra night and relax on Sunday. We hung out by the fire pit and my son played on the playground. We rented a pontoon boat for the day and went fishing. It was the perfect way to end a perfect weekend. Kristin Hogsed was absolutely wonderful to work with. Kristin was our main person we communicated with from the beginning. Kristin helped create a custom wedding package with us to get us as close to our budget as we could. Kristin replied quickly to our countless emails and handled all of our small questions and details with friendly professionalism. She was so good at handling everything for the rehearsal, things we weren't even thinking of, AND with our rowdy group she kept us focused, even though everyone was so excited. On our wedding day Kristin was right there the whole time, making sure everything was going according to schedule and keeping me calm as I was getting ready to walk down the aisle with my dad. She made my most important day my most special day and we can't thank her enough. If given the chance to redo my wedding weekend, I wouldn’t change a single thing about the venue and the staff we worked with. The Ridges Resort and Marina is the perfect wedding venue! Gabe and Taryn Johnston

Late Summer, Brunch Wedding

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Kelly O

We had our (brunch!) wedding at The Ridges on August 31, and everything (weather included) was perfect!! The Ridges created an incredible mimosa bar for our cocktail hour/reception- our guests LOVED it! Everything was set up as requested, the entire staff was amazing all... Read More weekend, and Kristin was the glue holding it all together. It's a stressful process to plan any wedding, anywhere- But from the moment we arrived on wedding weekend Kristin had it all under control. She was available to us the entire weekend and she was SO receptive & attentive to my stressed-out-bride-to-be self. :) We rented their party boat for a fun way to say thank you to our awesome wedding party after rehearsal- such a great idea!! Everyone had a blast! We just can't say enough about how wonderful our entire day/weekend was! If anything didn't go as planned on wedding day- Matt & I are still unaware of it! Highly recommend this location for a wonderful lakeside venue!!

The Ridges Resort and Marina

Reviewed on 9/30/2014

My daughter's wedding ceremony and reception was at The Ridges on September 20, 2014. The experience was top notch from the planning to the actual day. Kristin and her staff went over and beyond to provide the vision my daughter had for her wedding. The ceremony was outside... Read More on the lawn overlooking the lake with the cocktail hour on the patio around the fire pit ( the crab cakes and fried spanakopita were an excellent choice). We were blessed with perfect weather and were able to have the reception and dance floor on the lawn. The staff set up everything as planned and were very accommodating. Many of our guests stayed at the lodge or in the onsite villas which added to the enjoyment of the weekend. We had many compliments about the venue and how friendly the staff was especially the awesome ladies at the front desk. Kristin texted me the morning of the wedding to ask if there was anything I needed that she could pick up for me on her way to the venue. She was with us every step of the day and night. We could not have asked for a better on site coordinator than Kristin. I highly recommend this venue for a wedding or other group function. Thanks again Ridges for a memorable time! Pam

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Marvin C

Dear Kristin: I hardly know where to begin. When you plan an event like this, it becomes easy to forget little things. You were right there to make sure that even a seasoned event professional like myself, kept up with the smallest of details. I promised to be calm and... Read More collected throughout the event, and hope that was the case. Thank YOU for all of your assistance in the planning and implementation process. We are grateful to your Banquet & Culinary Team. What a tremendous effort from start to finish!! Due to the very nature of our professional lives rotating around the hospitality industry, there were quite a few, very impressed, guests who know a thing or two about overwhelming product and service. The Red Banks room was set exactly as specified, and that was perhaps my biggest stress point. As you witnessed, the décor was intense regarding implementation and having the set up just right was key. We were quite impressed with the banquet service staff! Having the entrée’s “paraded”, instead of the traditional tray-up, was unexpected and very much noticed! One of our guests is a lobbyist from Florida and has attended numerous affairs for political groups and persons. This guest made mention of the impressive service delivered by the staff. Not only were the servers professional…they smiled! Chef and his team provided such a memorable entrée! The filet and shrimp combination was a great choice and one that I would recommend to anyone. As the evening blurred right by, we decided to cut our wedding cake, forgetting that it would have been nice to que your staff! Without a mention, the cake was plated and served. The entire wedding ceremony and reception was simply incredible, and we can’t think of any more superlatives that would relate our feelings better. Please also share our thanks with your guest services team at the lodge. Our out-of-town guests were all so complimentary of their stay with you. I’m sure you will see many again in the future. The front desk staff was attentive and friendly, and the housekeepers were efficient and fast-moving. We were in and out of our suite so much throughout the weekend. Each time we walked in, it was cleaned, straightened, etc…and yet we never actually saw anyone! The morning breakfast(s) were also enjoyed by all, but especially us, as that seemed to be what we relied on once the day got going with the list of things to do, etc. Kristin, we are most grateful to the staff and management of the Ridges Resort. We referred to this as “an event 20 years in the making”, based on our long wait for our marriage to be recognized by the state of Georgia, and of course, nationally. We were probably most apprehensive about how an LGBT wedding event might be perceived in this rural area of the state. There was never a blink on the part of your team. The Ridges Resort staff made us feel safe, at home, and welcomed. If anything, we felt like the staff went above and beyond to make everything perfect…and it was, PERFECT! I am going to post this letter on several websites so others can know what to expect at The Ridges Resort & Marina!!! With Sincere Appreciation, Marvin & Patt Copeland-Griggs

Reviewed on 2/23/2016

We had our daughter's wedding at the Ridges on November 7, 2015. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate and we were not able to have the ceremony overlooking the lake. This lead to our one major problem in what overall was a wonderful weekend. Somehow throughout all of the... Read More discussions we had not seen pictures of the plan for the ceremony inside Red Banks. We had a different expectation of what is usually done. My best advice is make sure you see pictures of everything that is important to you. Through a lot of discussion and negotiation with our wedding coordinator we were able to come to a compromise and our daughter and her husband had a beautiful ceremony. Throughout the weekend Kristin went above and beyond and remained professional and pleasant. She even brought in her husband to help. It is my understanding that a staff member, Bo (sorry if spelled wrong) was also wonderful. He worked with our coordinator. There was unfortunately one staff member who was not as pleasant and had an unhappy demeanor at every encounter. Because of the hard work of Kristin and our coordinator she did not effect the outcome. Our only other concern was the general condition of the resort. It needs some tender loving care. The setting is beautiful but the owners need to put some money into repairs. Several guests had hot water problems in the main lodge as did we in the 3 bedroom villa we had for the weekend. I also noticed broken windows in the lodge above guest rooms and we had broken furniture in our villa. I am hoping that these issues are being addressed. Also make sure you get conformations for any reservations that you make. There seems to be some confusion there,though we worked everything out. Now for the wonderful. First the setting, so much beauty and atmosphere. Even in the rain we had great outside times. On the Friday before we played lawn games and sat around the fire pits. The rain also cleared enough for us to get beautiful wedding pictures. My daughter and her husband arranged for the rehearsal dinner to be in the Fireside room with food from the Blue Otter. The room looked beautiful and the food was presented very nicely. The atmosphere was relaxed and fit perfectly with the wings and pizza. The cocktail hour took place in The Oaks. This was something we worked out as part of our indoor plan and it was wonderful and a great indoor option. As far as Red Banks this is what sold the Ridges to my daughter and the room was great. She loved the warm tones and feeling of the room. We could not use the fireplace, while it was raining it was warm, but this would have been beautiful. The fireplace setting lends itself to many options. Now the food. This was important to us and the Ridges met and exceeded our expectations. First they allowed us to have a nice food tasting a few months before the wedding and we felt confident in our choices. The beef is exceptional, get it!. Another favorite was the scampi station. It was smokey in the room but all agreed it was worth it. Also the bartender, Robert was exceptional. So nice and pleasant. I would make sure he has help that can serve if you have a crowd that drinks. Overall I would recommend the Ridges, work with Kristin and make sure you are on the same page about everything. I took a star off because of the one unhappy staff member and some of the repairs that need to be make to the resort. My daughter and her husband had the wedding weekend of their dreams and we thank the Ridges for that.

August 1 Wedding at The Ridges

Reviewed on 11/09/2015

Overall, we had a great experience with The Ridges for my daughter's wedding and reception on August 1. Kristin, the wedding coordinator was great to work with throughout the planning process and during the wedding weekend. She is personable, efficient and organized and she... Read More goes above and beyond the call of duty to ensure all of your special requests are met. The service was excellent and the food was amazing for all events...rehearsal dinner, reception, and post wedding breakfast! The Ridges is a beautiful venue with lots of potential. Our only negative would be that the property and grounds could have been in a little better condition for our event weekend. The venue has been undergoing some management transitions over the past year, and hopefully more focus will not be put into keeping the property in tip top shape going forward. I do recommend The Ridges but suggest you visit during the season in which you plan to use the facility and make a detailed list of expectations before committing. Overall, we had a great experience and look forward to visiting the Ridges again for a less hectic occasion!

Reviewed on 5/14/2015 Taryn P

We chose to have our daughter's wedding at the Ridges Resort and Marina and it's one of the best decisions we made. The wedding was on April 25, 2015 and the weekend could not have been more perfect. The entire staff was so friendly and helpful and the property was absolutely... Read More beautiful from the lodge to the floating pier to the fire pits! Kristin was our wedding coordinator and did such a fantastic job. She was there the whole weekend helping with every detail to make sure everyone was where they needed to be and to ensure not only the ceremony went off without a hitch but the entire celebration. After you have been planning such a big event for almost a year you just want it to live up to your expectations and frankly it surpassed ours, and we have Kristin and everyone at the Ridges to thank for that. We highly recommend a Ridges wedding! John & Therese Powers

Best Day Ever

Reviewed on 11/07/2014 Jonathan M

Our wedding at The Ridges was awesome. Kristin, the wedding coordinator at The Ridges, went out of her way to make sure that everyone was comfortable and knew where to be. Our guests felt right at home and the Sangria was a big hit during our Cocktail Hour. Our pontoon boat... Read More send-off was unique and special to us. It was the perfect day to marry my best friend.

Great Venue for Destination Wedding in North GA

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Amber V

We got married at The Ridges and we couldn’t be happier with our wedding day! Our wedding was in October and we had an outside ceremony overlooking Lake Chatuge and the reception was at the Red Banks Ballroom at The Ridges. First of all, it was beautiful! It was a clear, fall... Read More day and the leaves were beautiful and the lake is gorgeous and makes the venue unique. You can see the lake AND the mountains in some of our photos. We loved the Ballroom as well. It got cold that night so I am glad we chose to use the Ballroom but The Ridges has a beautiful pier and lawn area for outdoor receptions. Secondly, the staff at The Ridges is very helpful especially the wedding coordinator, Kristin. Kristin was approachable, knowledgeable and listened to me when I had concerns or questions. She also offered suggestions to help us stay within our budget, which I really appreciated. She approaches her job with a genuine interest in the couple. Thirdly, having our wedding at The Ridges was logistically simple and it made the whole weekend more relaxed and enjoyable for our wedding party/guests and us. Our villa at The Ridges was the perfect place to get ready with my bridesmaids. I did not drive anywhere on the day of the wedding—which is exactly what I wanted! We had our Rehearsal Dinner, Bridesmaid Luncheon, Wedding/Reception within a 5-mile radius. Also, The Ridges has a great location and our guests had so many choices for fun activities during the wedding weekend—my bridesmaids and I visited the nearby Equani Spa the day before the wedding, some guests hiked Brasstown Bald, others played golf, attended fall festivals or enjoyed the local wineries. At the end of the Reception we had a sparkler send-off and a getaway in a pontoon boat on Lake Chatuge. It was the perfect ending to our special day. We will cherish the fun memories of our wedding day in the mountains forever!

Best Day of My Life

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Absolutely wonderful! I had my wedding here on June 20, 2014. Almost every guest had traveled to Georgia for the wedding and made it into a vacation. The resort has many activities and amenities that our guests were able to have fun and enjoy themselves the few days before the... Read More wedding. I would like to give a huge thanks to Kristin Crisp and Lori McClure, the wedding coordinators, who were amazing through the whole process of planning. The wedding day was perfect! The scenery, the setup, the food and the service was excellent! Every guest raved about the beauty of the resort as well as how flawless the wedding was. I highly recommend The Ridges to anyone who is planning an out of state wedding or wants that "country themed" wedding. They helped in making my wedding the best day of my life.

The Best Day Ever.

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Kristyn C

Where to begin? Our wedding was June 21st and it was perfect. Well, not exactly perfect, but the staff at The Ridges made sure to make our day exactly as we planned. You see, we decided to get married outside in the middle of June. Oh and our reception was outside as well...with... Read More no tent. While the backup plan (the Red Banks room) is beautiful, it wasn't our vision and we were ready to do whatever we had to to not have our wedding or reception inside. Since the staff (Hayley Burch) knew of our vision, she did everything in her power to make sure everything was outside. Although we had to move our ceremony back an hour since it did rain on our day, we were able to get everything done outside! We canceled our cocktail hour to accommodate the weather and went ahead and did family pictures before the ceremony (we had a first look ahead of our ceremony and family pictures). In response to what other people have said about Kristin Crisp, she was fantastic! She swooped in and picked up where Renee left off. She was responsive to emails, she was so helpful. She even suggested that we use farmhouse tables and chairs for our head table (which we did). She made sure that everything was ordered, booked, and tasted. At the end of May, I found out that Kristin had a pregnancy scare. She was put on bedrest through our wedding. Even though she was in the hospital bed, she still responded to emails, made sure that everything was ready to go for our wedding. We could not have been more pleased with Kristin and everything she did for us. I know that our wedding day wouldn't have been the same without her. And with that said, Hayley came and stepped in while Kristin was in the hospital. She was equally fantastic and made everything run smoothly on our wedding day. I know there were last minute decisions that had to be made (because of the pesky weather), and she made sure everything was under control. Even when she told me about the rain coming (before I headed to my first look spot), she was professional and concise with us. She explained that everything would have to be pushed back at least an hour so that everything could get set up and if that was OK with us. Again, this allowed us to take the family pictures and get the bridal party pictures out of the way. I loved The Ridges staff and they really did a great job with everything. They accommodated everyone. They were friendly and just plain awesome! Thank you The Ridges for hosting our wedding and just being amazing! We appreciated it so much and we will be back up there in a few months!

The Ridges

Reviewed on 6/18/2014 Candice T

I'm writing this so what happened to mewon't happen to any other bride. The months leading up to my wedding the wedding coordinator Kristin Crisp was very responsive. Whenever I reached out to her she was very quick to respond. There was some times that I would have to repeat... Read More myself from time to time of something I had already asked/informed her of but I wasn't the only bride so that is understandable. When meeting with Kristin in person however I had to lead the conversation. She never seemed to have a clear plan for what we needed to discuss that day. She's the expert. She should have led me and my husband with an action plan. She tended to sit there and wait for us to talk. My husband doesn't tend to notice things like that but when he first met her and asked me what does she actually do I was worried. The weekend of the wedding was where the problems really started. When we had our rehearsal Kristen seemed extremely lost. She had to keep looking at notes of where to go and most of my party didn't know what was going on because they either couldn't hear her soft spoken directions or because she kept changing the directions. Finally I had to step in. Reign the party together and say ok lets make sure everyone knows what they are doing so we can go to dinner. Again I'm not the expert nor am I the one paid to do this. Actually I'm paying a lot of money for the help. Worse yet was the day of the wedding. I don't know what upset me more. The fact that while I'm setting up my wedding and trying to get things ready and situated. Kristin is where?? She is showing off the resort to new potential clients. She had at least 3 appointments on my wedding day. In the meantime me and my family are having to set up where tables should go and how they are to be arranged. Something the dinning hall manager (who was amazing even while injured) did not know about and in spite that i had spoken to Kristin about it on several occasions included the day before. Kristin finally comes in around 3 asking ok where are we at? Again when she talks to me theres a level of uncertainty to whats going on. This is her profession and she should have more of a competent understanding to whats going on. The previous coordinator Renee was that kind of person and I was extremely let down when she was replaced. Additionally the front desk manager Vicky was extremely unprofessional and rude to my mother and guest. We booked a villa and were needing to get in there at noon on Saturday to begin preparing for wedding. We asked if there was anyway they could make a special consideration for the wedding party and clean that villa first since check out is 11. She said no and then by passed my mother before the conversation was over to waive the next person up. She was very abrasive and when you are in an industry dealing with customer service especially at that price range then you work with your customers and go above for them in service. Not disrespect them. Lastly we are spost to have a suite ready for us for the night after the wedding. It wasn't and none of the workers knew what was going on. That eventually got fixed around midnight. Kristin did try to make up for it by giving us a free weekend stay but honestly it doesn't make up the lackluster presentation by her. In spite of the ridges my wedding was beautiful

2014-07-01T13:06:15 Response from the vendor

On behalf of The Ridges Resort and Marina, we wanted to respond to a review posted by one of our brides. At The Ridges, it is always our first priority to make sure every bride and groom’s special day is handled with care and attention... Read Less Read More

Best place for a wedding

Reviewed on 4/05/2014 Jing F

The people there were amazing, they did everything they can except make the weather not rain on my wedding day. But even so, they kept trying their hardest to keep the seat dry. The food was amazing, the resort was beautiful, and the most important is the service, you can't... Read More asking for better people! Everyone was so accommodating, the wedding would not have happen without them. Highly recommended!

Carol

Reviewed on 3/13/2014

From the venue, to the food, to the service, it was all excellent. Kristin was GREAT to work with and thought of everything.

Fall Wedding

Reviewed on 11/20/2013 Darlene C

After visiting many venues throughout Florida, Georgia and North Carolina, we settled on the Ridges Resort because of our years of vacationing in the area, and because of the cozy, casual atmosphere. It also provided an affordable price for what we received. We felt the staff... Read More and especially the event planner were very personable and attentive, both before and during our stay. We were felt the wedding festivities went BETTER than expected, since there are normally little things that go wrong. The Ridges Resort was consistent in their service, as well as the food, from Rehearsal BBQ, to Wedding ceremony, Cocktail hour and Reception. The Resort Lodge provided a cozy comfortable environment for our family and friends to congregate when we were otherwise engaged in wedding festivities. We were so pleased our guests enjoyed the Resort and nearby festivals/activities during their stay. To sum up, The Ridges Resort is an outstanding location for a personal, intimate experience where the scenery is spectacular and the amenities are superb!! We were very satisfied with the whole experience!

2013-11-20T13:04:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. We hope that you and your family and friends are able to return soon! Looking forward to seeing you all again!!

Best Day of My Life...

Reviewed on 10/15/2012 Karina H

I just had my wedding at the Ridges Resort & Marina on October 13, 2012! The whole team did an amazing job and the day went off without a hitch!! Props go out especially to Renee Beebe. Without her the whole planning process would have been miserable! They took care of... Read More everything and I did not have to worry about a thing on the day of. They were SOOO accommodating to our every need. They have amazing venues and the food was spectacular. Everyone was raving about how beautiful everything looked and how wonderful the whole staff was. If you are planning a wedding in the Georgia Mountains, don't think twice about the Ridges. Thank you, thank you and thank you! Ryan and I could not be more appreciative of the job everyone did!

Fairytale Wedding

Reviewed on 6/01/2012 christi r

As I was walking around at my reception, a bridesmaid came up to me and asked, "How does it feel to be living in a storybook?" I replied, "I feel like a princess." The Ridges was the perfect backdrop for my storybook wedding. Renee, the wedding coordinator, was my own fairy... Read More godmother. She was a dream to work with. She and all the staff at the Ridges were sweet, flexible, and accomodating. I went to several venues in North Georgia, and looked at even more online. When I went to the Ridges, my fiance and I knew from the moment we arrived that we had found the perfect place. Upon walking inside, the staff knew our names when we walked in the door. The grounds were beautiful, and intimate. It was big enough to have things to do: boats, firepits, walking around the lake, eat at one of their lakeside restaurants. But all in the same location, so that we didn't have to get back into our car the entire time we were there. If they wanted to, guests could drive to Helen to do some mountain town shopping. I have heard from several guests that this was the most fun wedding they have attended. Because of the staff and the location, those who came could leave their cares behind, and rest and relax from Thursday - Sunday. I highly recommend the Ridges.

Amazing location... Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 4/07/2012 Danielle B

The ridges is the perfect place to have a wedding if you are looking for a place with incredible scenery, amazing food and hospitable staff. I love everything about this place and my husband and I come back every year on our anniversary to relive our wonderful experience... We... Read More had our ceremony over looking the lake and our reception in the main room by the restaurant. You feel like you have traveled to a remote destination some where in Colorado yet it's so close to Atlanta... Go check it out!

Great wedding Location

Reviewed on 12/13/2011 Megan D

We had our wedding here in November of 2011 and it is a beautiful place. We are so glad that we picked it. Pros: beautiful, catering, ceremony/reception site and accommodations all in one place. Friendly staff, excellent chef/food. Cons: Our "wedding coordinator" who came... Read More with the package we purchased was a challenge to deal with. She was not very responsive to phone calls and emails a lot of the time. My suggestion is set some guidelines and timelines with her upfront to keep that from happening. Overall though a great place for a wedding!

2011-12-14T14:19:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review. We have hired a new wedding coordinator, Renee Beebe, to help address this very issue. She started in October and is now handling all the weddings from here on out. She has 5 years of industry experience and... Read Less Read More

Beautiful wedding in North Georgia Mountains

Reviewed on 10/23/2011 ALISHA A

The Ridges Resort was the perfect venue for our wedding on 9*10*11. We chose the Lakeside Lawn area for the ceremony overlooking the lake and mountains. Our reception was held in the Red Banks Ridge room, complete with a beautiful fireplace and dancefloor. The staff exceeded our... Read More expectations. Every detail was executed as planned. Being an out-of-town bride from South Carolina, I was nervous about how everything would turn out, but the helpful staff assured me that everything would be alright. The food was phenomenal. This is a top-notch venue with a location that provides a beautiful backdrop for a wedding. We plan to return often in remembrance of our special day.

2011-10-24T21:52:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much! We look forward to having you and your husband for return visits for many years! :)

Meet The Director of Catering

Kristin Hogsed

The Ridges quickly became like family to me after working summers home from college at one of the property restaurants. After moving into banquet bartending, I had the "behind the scenes" scoop on setting up for a simple wedding to an unimaginably elaborate wedding! I was promoted into the sales office and then into my current position, Catering Sales Manager/Wedding Coordinator.Our intimate property hosts around 25 weddings each year. I am so lucky to work at such a beautiful property with some amazing folks.