The River Road &Jasmine Houses & Gardens

Garden

Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

2204 North Lake Drive, Columbia, SC (803) 315-4953

Reviewed on 7/01/2017 Cori E

I am still getting compliments and I got married a month ago! The venue is absolutely beautiful and Sarah and her mom were the best. They were flexible and accommodating! Very helpful! The food was one of my favorite parts of the night! We had the shrimp and grits, Parmesan... Read More crusted chicken, Mac and cheese, chicken and waffles, and spinach casserole.. I had a bite of it all and was very pleased! If you want a romantic, outdoor wedding with charm and character, this is the venue for you!

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Michael H

As a parent, father of the groom, if you have ever dreamed of what the perfect setting would look like for two families to be joined via their children, "This is IT!" From the initial search of venues through the final night of ceremonies, The RR&JH&G staff was top-notch. Sarah... Read More listened to Lindsay & Jon intently and helped them develop an afternoon & night that all enjoyed and will remember with smiles. The Cake was astonishing, food was 5-Star, atmosphere was warm & loving. All we had to do was show up and enjoy the day. Everything else was handled with utmost respect and concern for the Bride & Groom experience. The value of this venue was well worth the investment in our eyes. Thanks to everyone there for a magical day. MWH

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Morgan D

While I had always dreamed of a Charleston wedding, the travel and $$ just wasn't going to work for us. We began to look at Columbia venues and The River Road & Jasmine Houses & Gardens was the first venue on our list due to its affordability. What we weren't expecting was to be... Read More blown away by the beauty of the venue and the assistance of Sarah, Elizabeth, and the rest of the staff. If you're worried about budget, I can almost guarantee you this is the most budget friendly venue you will find in the Columbia area. But it won't feel like it! You will feel like you're in an exclusive secret garden made just for you! I cannot recommend this place enough. For the bride/groom who NEEDS to feel in control, this is the place for you. Sarah will sit down with you as many times as you need to feel comfortable with the logistics. By the time the big day came around, "control" was the last thing on my mind. I had learned to trust Sarah, and for good reason. Our day was even better than we ever imagined! Thank you, River Road & Jasmine Houses & Gardens!!!

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Alice R

The River Road House and Jasmine House Garden is without a doubt the most wonderful wedding experience that you could possibly imagine. As the mother of the bride it was important to me that my daughter’s vision of her wedding day be fulfilled perfectly and a truly unforgettable... Read More experience, Sarah and her staff provided that and more. After visiting other local venues we stumbled onto this hidden gem and instantly my daughter Whitney and her fiancé Zack were ready to be married there. The pathway to the garden provided the feel of the enchanted fairy-tale theme that they wished to continue throughout their story. The beauty of the garden is just one aspect of this wonderful place. The River Road house also provides a large, open area for an indoor ceremony if you prefer or if it should happen to rain on your special day. There is also a bridal suite for the bride, bridesmaids, and flower girls to gather and get prepared for the wedding ceremony. It is perfect! The Jasmine House is the starter for your reception which is unforgettable as well. The food provided by the venue is amazing and Sarah makes a delightful wedding cake. After indulging in some great food and cocktails, the house opens up to a tented area for your band or dj to set up for the evening’s merry-making. I can’t say enough about this venue, it is just perfect and everything is done for you except for extras that you might want to add to personalize your special day. Thank you to Sarah and the entire Christmus family and staff for an enchanting evening.

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Lachelle R

The River Road & Jasmine Houses & Gardens was absolutely amazing. Sarah & her team made sure everything went smoothly the day of my event. I love how RRJ provides your wedding director, your wedding cake, and food for the reception. They will also provide a lot of your... Read More decorations for the day of your event as well. This made the planning for my wedding so much easier. My wedding cake was beautiful and delicious. All of the food was wonderful as well, and so many guest commented on the mashed potato bar. Sarah was easy to contact during the whole planning phase leading up to my wedding. She allowed me to meet with her several times and visit RRJ to make sure I had everything I needed and to make sure I knew where I wanted things set up. Since my wedding, I have had so many guest comment on how beautiful my wedding and reception venue were due to the natural beauty of the gardens. I highly recommend The River Road and Jasmine Houses and Gardens for your wedding!

Reviewed on 4/11/2016 john d

I fell in love with The River Road and Jasmine Houses the first time I visited, our search for a wedding venue was over as soon as we walked in. River Road and Jasmine Houses offered everything that I had dreamed of for a perfect wedding. My husband I were married there on March... Read More 5th, 2016, and the entire experience was top notch. Elizabeth and Sarah were awesome. The planning experience was stress free, well organized and very helpful. They were able to customize our southern taste and incorporate it into an elegant and unique menu. They took the time to listen to our ideas and offer advice and suggestions when needed without being pushy or impersonal. Sarah and Elizabeth made us feel like family from day one; comfortable, appreciated and respected. The food was outstanding. The bar service was perfect. The wedding cake was as delicious to taste as it was beautiful to see. The venue itself provided an elegant and intimate setting that was perfect for our 125+ guest. I truly cannot say enough positives about the venue, Sarah, Elizabeth or the rest of the staff. The perfect people & place to make any day amazingly special.

Romantic Secret Garden Feel

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Anna C

My husband and I were first looking at RR&J as only a reception venue. It was quite a drive from our church, so we were tempted to cross it off the list. But, every venue we toured after visiting RR&J just seemed to fall short of our expectations. So, we decided to move the... Read More entire event out to RR&J, and it was the best decision we could have made for our special day (and our budget!). Elizabeth and Sarah are so nice, welcoming, and really make it feel as if you're having your event at a family home. The gardens were lush and green for our September wedding, so we only needed minimal floral arrangements. They cater in-house, and the food was absolutely delicious! Our guests are still talking about their Shrimp & Grits. And, for what they can't do, they have fabulous suggestions for DJ's, florists, etc. Our big day was truly perfect, and we're so thankful that we booked with the River Road and Jasmine Houses and Gardens.

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 1/20/2015 Kelley C

My wedding was held at the River Road and Jasmine House on December 27. Everything was absolutely perfect! The décor already at the venue leaves little for you to have to add. They are very friendly and helpful here. The food was DELICIOUS! I received many compliments on the... Read More venue and the food. It was an elegant, classy, yet laid back affair. The outdoor tent with heaters was wonderful. The string lights outside were so pretty! I couldn't have asked for a better venue.

Wonderful, Magical Day

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 Kelly F

We are so pleased with our venue, The River Road and Jasmine Houses and Gardens! We found it based off of others' reviews, and our experience was also wonderful. From beginning to end, Sarah and Elizabeth Christmus made the entire planning process as stress-free as possible. If... Read More we had any questions at all, Sarah was always more than willing to meet with us to discuss - we also had her do our cake, which turned out beautifully, and she even put together a tasting for us when I couldn't decide what I wanted. The RR&J worked well with all of our vendors, even allowing them to come in a little early day-of to begin setting up. All of our guests commented on how beautiful the venue was and how delicious the food was. The RR&J was also very affordable, especially considering the "mostly-inclusive" factor. Sarah was even able to recommend a pastor to us, who was also wonderful. We opted to bring in our own alcohol, but other than that and a few decorations here and there (photos, baskets for programs, favors, etc.), the RR&J handled everything day-of. Most of our guests were from Columbia, Lexington, and the Upstate, and I think the location of the RR&J was fairly convenient for all - we even had guests from California, Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia, but with affordable hotels close-by, I think the location of the RR&J is great. I think we ended up with around 150-160 guests total, which felt perfect, spatially, though our initial projections were closer to 200, and Sarah seemed to think that even with that many guests, we would be fine. Overall, we are very happy with The River Road and Jasmine Houses and Gardens and would definitely recommend them!

Everything was great

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Ashton B

I went to River Road after visiting several venue locations and being completely blown away by their pricing. After visiting River Road and Jasmine Houses I knew that was the place! Their prices are obviously not money hungry like everywhere else. You are also getting a very... Read More beautiful place with nice personal touches everywhere that you wouldn't get at other places. The Christmus family was great to work with as well!

Wonderful Event!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Jill B

I had my rehearsal dinner at the River Road and Jasmine Houses in June. The venue was absolutely beautiful and the food was wonderful! It is a truly unique place and there is nothing like it in Columbia. I highly recommend them to anyone for any type of wedding event.

absolutely beautiful place

Reviewed on 11/07/2013 angel h

This venue is awesome. Intimate yet big enough for 150 guests to mingle and have a good time. The Christmas family are sweet and work with you. I highly recommend this venue no matter the season

Couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 10/08/2013

My husband and I were married at the River Road and Jasmine Houses this past March, and we couldn't be happier with our decision to use this venue! I live out of town, and Sarah was so accommodating in meeting with us whenever we were in town, and made the planning process so... Read More easy! On the day of the wedding, everything went so smooth. At the reception, everyone raved about the food (Sarah and Elizabeth helped me plan the perfect menu!) and the wedding cake that they made. I had guests telling me that was the best cake and wedding food they had ever had! I can't say enough about how wonderful this venue is. If you're looking for a place that is professional, knowledgeable, and will go above and beyond for you, this is it! Thank you so much for an unforgettable day!

Beautiful

Reviewed on 9/19/2012 Jeri G

Sarah and Elizabeth were a pleasure to work with. They were very flexible when in came to scheduling visits to the venue and everything turned out beautiful. They are a great duo!

River Road & Jasmine House

Reviewed on 5/25/2012 Raychel D

This is an expensive venue, but I was able to book it for a great deal. The family that owns the houses was very accommodating and understanding of our budget. They took care of practically everything for us, and our special day was absolutely gorgeous and effortless. The only... Read More complaint I can even think of is that the sound for the ceremony was very low. I spent a lot of hours picking the perfect pre-ceremony and processional music, and it was hardly heard by anyone.

Magical Venue

Reviewed on 12/16/2011 Michelle M

I can't say enough about how beautifully decorated this venue was! Every guest has gone out of their way to say how GREAT the food was and the cake "the best they'd EVER had at a wedding". The Christmus family did EVERYTHING linens, decorations, food, cake and photography and... Read More truely made it the most intimate and gorgeous wedding ever. I am biased but when EVERY guest even the most critical of guests says its the best wedding they've ever been to you know they did it right.

review

Reviewed on 7/27/2011 B W

Very pretty, reasonable price, not too happy with the catering service, I would recommend having someone else cater

Rating for River Road & Jasmine House