"Your Day...Your Way"

Weddings are one of a kind, emotionally charged events. Connecting with you, and setting the stage to showcase your unique vision is my passion. Seeing your joy as you share your love story with family and friends is one of my greatest pleasures. Like you, my couples are active professionals with a unique vision. You have high expectations, and a decisive personality. Creating an unforgettable experience where your guests feel like family, is just as important as the aesthetic. I support all love, #marriageequality!

Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Planning

All Texas Locations & Destination Weddings (210) 516-2074
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Emily S

When I look back on my wedding planning experience, Helayne is the one person/thing that comes to mind. After a decision to get married in 4 months (after dating for nearly 4 years), I knew that whichever wedding planner we hired would need to be prepared to get down to business... Read More quick. After putting in a request for information, I heard back from Helayne within minutes, and was on the phone hiring her just a few hours later. To add to the chaos, we were planning a "destination" wedding from out-of-state... A difficult feat in itself! From the moment I spoke with Helayne, I was confident that she was the person to help guide us through the process. She took the time to help educate us on wedding details and things to expect, and never once assumed we knew what was going on... She truly helped guide the way through every decision, both big and small. She was good at showing us "both sides of the coin" when considering different options, and while she would give her recommendation when asked, she never forced her opinions or ideas on us. Throughout the process I trusted Helayne, and I am so glad that I did. While something goes wrong with every wedding day (ours was moved inside), she helped quickly transform our vision and even surprised us with a beautiful Ceremony display that was unexpected. She obviously cares for her clients, but also cares for the various vendors that she connects her clients to. This is such an amazing benefit to hiring her - she is well-respected and people enjoy working with her. My sweet husband really has one thing he wants to mention: "While I knew that there were so many details that go into the wedding, I didn't know how many details Helayne would handle that I never could handle in the first place. She isn't just valuable to you, she is valuable to your family, friends, and vendors." From the both of us, if you're considering a wedding planner, look no further. She will have your best interests in mind, and help to make the experience of planning a wedding fun, organized, and memorable. We love you Helayne!

2017-07-26T22:44:57 Response from the vendor

There are no words to describe how humbled I am to receive such an incredible review. Working with you, Houston, and your wonderful families is an experience I will always treasure. Thank you for making me feel like a member of the Alexander/Simon clan. Love... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Samantha S

My husband and I were looking for a day-of coordinator for our July wedding, with only 6 months to plan and execute. Helayne was in touch within hours after my initial contact, and within a day we knew we'd found the right person for the job. What we didn't know was how... Read More incredibly blessed we'd be not only by Helayne's work, but by her friendship. She is detailed oriented, task-focused, and has the ability to juggle about a million things at the same time. And even though I'm sure things went wrong on our wedding day, we never noticed a single one of them. Helayne kept us calm when we wanted to get frustrated, helped us laugh when we were tense or nervous, and walked every step of the way with us as we traveled the road to marriage. She made sure our families and friends were well taken care of, she took a genuine interest in our relationship and well-being, and because of that we were able to trust her at every moment to get us through our big day. As we've reflected on the entire process, we are certain that hands-down, Helayne and The Road To Marriage were the BEST choice we made during wedding planning....other than choosing to marry each other! We couldn't imagine the last 6 months without her. Well done, H! We're going to miss you!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Haley C

Amazing, detailed, experienced!!! Did I catch you eye yet? Is is weird to be jealous of the brides that get to work with her now? I was looking for a planner to help with the day-of wedding planning. I will admit, I am a bit anal (understatement) and had lost out on two planners... Read More already. Now, I know that God was just making me wait until I met Helayne. Was referred to her by Anne at The Girl General (also awesome) and I knew from the first moment that she was the one I was waiting for. I know, corny, but it takes someone who I completely trust for me to let go and trust implicitly. Someone who would take the reins and not be afraid to shoot someone the "ojos" when they aren't doing what they are supposed to. That is Helayne. She is organized, funny, happy, not too sappy, not afraid to get dirty (not literally). We had so much fun in our meetings leading up to the wedding day, but still seemed to get everything done. She was always there in the background nudging me in the right direction and then took over EVERYTHING so that I could focus on getting married! She reminds me of a duck, so composed on the top of the water, you would never know her legs are kicking a million miles a minute below the water. Things I never even thought about, were taken care of. Matt and I were able to see the reception room and enjoy 20 minutes alone with our drinks of choice (yes, she asked us what our drink of choice was and kept us full all night) and apps before the reception started. Even during the day, I was feeling kind of bloated and needed some GasX (sorry for the TMI). I was trying to figure out how to not inconvenience anyone and still get what I needed. Then, Helayne magically showed up with some. I am talking over and above the call of duty there. haha. She anticipated everything and was one step ahead of everyone the entire process. I could write more, maybe a novel, but I think you get the picture. Just go ahead and hire her, you will enjoy your day, and it will be everything you dreamed up and more!

2017-07-04T22:20:06 Response from the vendor

Sometimes the universe puts people in our paths and you know from the moment that you meet them that they're going to be someone very special. Haley you were one of those people for me. Thank you for not only trusting me with your wedding... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Kyle B

Helayne Nicholson is a God-send. Her expertise, vendor referrals and recommendations are invaluable. Helayne kept us organized, moving and on time (no easy thing task with our busy schedules and essentially a three month wedding plan timeline.) Helayne was gracious - even on... Read More days when the pressure got to us - and was an angel of reason when we needed it. In working together, we had a dream wedding. She was attentive to what made us unique and what we wanted for our special day. If you're looking for the right person to walk with you on 'the road to marriage', look no further. Helayne is one of the biggest blessings for which you could ask. Thank you Helayne!!!

2017-09-06T12:48:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you Felicia & Kyle for such a sweet review. It was my pleasure to be there for you two every step of the way.

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Amber D

Helayne was a God send. My mother-in-law had attending a wedding previously that Helayne was the coordinator. She was so impressed that she suggested her for our wedding. Helayne came in at the very end of planning for our wedding as I had done most of the planning while still... Read More working over 100 hrs a week. She was amazing!!!! She tightened up any loose ends that I had up to day of the ceremony. She met with my event coordinator and may sure our day was absolutely perfect in our eyes. She was punctual, efficient, organized, and thorough. I could only imagine all the mishaps that might have happened if we did not have Helayne. She gets the job done and done well! Thanks for all your help and I will definitely recommend you to any of my family/friends/colleagues in need of a wedding coordinator!

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Grecia M

My experience with Helayne was amazing. Since the first day we met, I knew she had to be a part of my wedding. I could not have had the wedding without her help! I got married April 7th, 2017 and the entire wedding planning process went so smooth and it was so enjoyable!... Read More Helayne is professional and amazing at what she does. My wedding day was magical and more than I could have ever imagined, because of Helayne. She truly cares about her clients and advocates at whatever possible circumstance. I had absolutely no worries or stress having Helayne as my wedding planner. No worries and no stress?! Is that possible!? It is when you have Helayne! Helayne kept in constant contact with us since the day one. I recommend her 100%!!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Rachel B

I wish I could give this an infinite amount of stars. Helayne was the best decision we made ( besides marry each other) for our wedding. She was calm, collected, and poised. Truely a master with a plan! Our outdoor ceremony had to quickly more indoors due to rain and Helayne... Read More and her team made it all work flawlessly. Beyond her incredible wedding planning skills, she's a joy to be around and gives off the best energy. She got down to business and handed everything so we could enjoy our day. I knew from the moment I met her I wanted her around- really she's beautiful inside and out and makes your wedding day perfect for you. Thank you!

2017-07-04T22:28:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you Rachel! I knew you and Tyler were meant to be one of my couples when we high-fived about your labels. I was beyond blessed that you shared your journey with me. Until we meet again my friend, best wishes.

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Tyler B

Wow, I cannot say enough about Helayne. My wife and I debated whether or not we should have a wedding coordinator, and I was leaning toward saying no, but I can't imagine having planned our wedding without one. After meeting Helayne, we both knew that it would be worth it to... Read More hire her. Every step of the way she exceeded our expectations. At our first meeting gave us an extremely detailed checklist that we used for the entirety of the wedding planning process. From then on we continued to be impressed. On the day of our wedding it rained and she came up with three options to save the day, and everything ended up being perfect. Her energy was always calming and assertive, meaning that she knew she was going to be able to handle whatever we threw at her, and make our day go off flawlessly. As someone who was skeptical at first, I can tell you that you certainly won't regret having Helayne on your team as you plan your day.

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 Sylvia S

I had the pleasure with meeting Helayne during the initial consultation. We ultimately did not choose Helayne as our wedding coordinator as we had some budget restrictions however, I have nothing but complimentary things to say about her! Helayne was very responsive via email... Read More and answered every question I had and provided great advice. From the moment I met Helayne, you could tell that she is very professional and truly enjoys what she does. Her subtle confidence and the way she held herself made me want to choose her as our wedding coordinator after meeting her just once! Unfortunately, my fiancé and I had to make a tough decision and things did not work out but I highly recommend Helayne for anyone who is looking for a wedding coordinator!

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Tatiana H

Book her while you still can! Helayne was an absolute dream to work with. We booked her as our day of coordinator and we can't say enough good things about her services. We joked that that her second job was a marriage counselor because she did a wonderful job of helping us... Read More navigate differing opinions when it came to planning. We met with her several times leading up to the wedding and each time she had great advice (planning, timelines, questions, vendors - you name it, she had a thoughtful response) and helped keep us on track. Throughout the planning she was quick to respond to our emails or phone calls. The majority of the venders we contracted had previously worked with her and were incredibly complimentary of Helayne as well. I know that things went wrong on the day of our wedding, but to her credit I have no clue what they were. Our family and guests were incredibly complimentary of her as well – many mentioned how discrete, hard working, and calm she was throughout the wedding day. By far the best money we spend on the wedding!

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 J M

There's not enough great things that I can say about Helayne and her services throughout the entire experience. She is one of the most professional and well organized individuals that I have ever met. I can say with 100% confidence, that Helayne and her staff were instrumental... Read More to making our wedding day a great success. Looking back on the event now, there is not one thing that we would have changed. Tatiana and I had a vision that we wanted to create for our ceremony and reception and Helayne was very influential in making it a reality. Helyane had a number of thoughts, ideas and recommendations throughout the 10 months leading up to our wedding day that made it a night to remember. We first met Helayne at a Wedding Expo where we were both clearly overwhelmed by the magnitude of what we needed to accomplish in a short period of time. Helayne was helpful from that initial encounter and put us both at ease when she also provided vendor recommendations with her honest opinion based on our budget and what we wanted to accomplish. We clearly got the sense that she was very knowledgeable about the entire wedding industry and that she had done this before. The checklist and timelines that Helayne provided were perfect and made the experience a seamless process. They allowed Tatiana and myself to approach the hectic week of the wedding with limited stress about vendors, entertainment, guestlist and the venue. Helayne was a pleasure to work with and I can honestly say that our wedding would not have been the success that it was had it not been for her. Helayne’s services are a very necessary expense that will save you a number of gray hairs and stress for the most important day of your life.

2016-12-22T16:27:18 Response from the vendor

Jason, it has been my pleasure getting to know you and Tatiana. Being there for you throughout this process, seeing the joy on your faces as Tatiana surprised you with the Second Line Parade, and showering you with confetti (not once but twice) was priceless.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 David V

Helayne is everything you can ask for in a planner and manager. She was impeccably prepared and organized for our event, and when things changed at the last second she adapted and adjusted like a pro. We would not have made it through the day without her. She is the absolute... Read More perfect mix of friend, teammate, manager, and attack dog. She will be there for you when you need her. She has an amazing ability to anticipate what you need and how to help. I would happily recommend Helayne to anyone.

2016-12-22T16:40:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you Dave for this unbelievable review. You've captured my personality to a T, and I'm so glad that Katelin and Lisa found me so I could be there for all of you. I'm proud to have been your attack dog, especially when you were... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 David M

Helayne helped us organize our thoughts and decide what we really wanted and then took care of putting the pieces together. During our wedding day we did not have to worry about anything because we knew we had Helayne watching after things. We just wish we hired her sooner!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

Helayne is absolutely great. She did a fantastic job for my daughter's wedding. The big day was spectacular and she helped make that happen. Many quests came up to me to let me know how great she is for she paid attention to all details and treated all guests, family, friends,... Read More vendors with kindness and direction. Thank you so much for you and your wonderful staff for helping make this such a memorable wedding!!

2016-11-02T07:29:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you Sylvia! I loved every minute of being there for your family.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Nicole D

Helayne and her team were easy to work with and possessed endless poise and patience throughout my sister's wedding weekend. As MOH, that was so appreciated!

2016-11-02T07:43:55 Response from the vendor

Nicole, thank you for such a sweet compliment.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Danielle M

There are not enough words to describe the gratitude we have for Helayne. She was a huge part of what made our wedding day a success. From our first encounter to our big day, she was determined to carry out our vision. She is incredibly personable, decisive and an absolute joy... Read More to work with. She was so great at making us feel comfortable and putting us at ease throughout the entire process. Her mannerisms, attention to detail and patience made the event flawless and allowed us to relax and focus on absorbing this memorable occasion. I didn't have to worry about vendors arriving on time or setting up appropriately, as Helayne was all over it. There was no detail left out. She exceeded all of our expectations, and trust me, our expectations were high. When deciding on if you need a wedding planner, the answer is YES; and when deciding on who, the answer is Helayne! She won't let you down.

2016-10-30T21:47:44 Response from the vendor

Being there for you, Lauro, and your families was a priceless gift. Witnessing their love for you and your love for each other is a memory that I will always cherish. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your wedding.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Lisa C

I am so happy we found Helayne. She was recommended by another planner and we were so blessed that she was available. We met on a rainy Saturday morning and she was on-board before we left the coffee shop that morning. She is a great listener keeps track of the details. I,... Read More as well as many of our guests, was impressed with her excellent service and professionalism. I would definitely procure her services again.

2016-10-30T21:08:27 Response from the vendor

Thanks Lisa, making sure that you could relax and enjoy Katelin & Dave's wedding was my primary objective. I'm so glad that you found me!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Amanda S

Sitting here two weeks after our wedding my husband and I are still talking about what an amazing job Helayne did. When we first hired her 10 months prior, I wasn't sure if we "really" needed to expense it but decided to go for it. WOW!!! We are so HAPPY we did! I couldn't... Read More imagine the weeks leading up to the wedding and especially the day of the wedding without Helayne. She is kind, organized, detail oriented, and a great multi-tasker. She handled all of the vendors for us in the weeks leading up to the wedding which was great because that made less stress for us. The day of the wedding Helayne and her assistant did not stop. From the moment I arrived to the bridal suite that morning with all of the decorations they took over and went until everything was cleaned up at midnight. We had discussed where everything was to go and etc. prior to the big day so all I had to do was give them the decorations and they got to work. We did have a mishap of the a/c going out in the bridal suite and I went to Helayne and she got right on it for us. Everything went off without a hitch during the ceremony and reception (well except the DJ but that's another story....) She made sure order was kept during the reception. With a guest count of 160 and open bar order can be lost pretty quick if someone is not there to keep it. Overall, If you are a bride to be reading this review and doing your research and are asking yourself.... 1. Do I need a planner/day of coordinator? The answer is YES you really do! You will be so thankful to yourself once the day comes and when it is all said and done. 2. Is Helayne who we want to hire? The answer is DEFINITELY YES! You will not be disappointed at any step of the way. She will get you guys through your wedding day and takes so much of the stress away. Thank you Helayne! Wes and I enjoyed this past year with you. Our day would not of been so flawless from our end had we not of had you. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts and wish you all the best!

2016-10-30T22:07:01 Response from the vendor

I had a blast working with you and Wes. You two deserved every moment of happiness that my girls and I could give you. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Meghan E

I could write an essay on the amazing qualities of Helayne! I'll try to keep it short though. Helayne is on top of her stuff. She replies promptly to communication. She always had budget/timing/wants & needs/FLOW in mind. Without her, my wedding would not have been the same. Her... Read More cool, calm, and straight to the point way of approaching things was clutch in times where I was clearly losing my mind. My fiancé and I spoke often of her during the days after and pondered how she managed to keep us all organized. Not only that, I had close family members mention numerous times "Man that woman is on top of things!" I have a very large family and insisted there be 16 children involved in the wedding party. Helayne took it with a grain of salt and made it happen beautifully. I had a bridesmaid who was being extremely moody, Helayne handled it perfectly and with class. Her and her girls were on top of it during the ceremony and reception and packed everything up afterwards with (my aunts words "impressive speed". Helayne! I need you in my life! Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart! You will forever be in our hearts!

2016-10-30T20:07:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you Meghan and Aaron! You are such a magnificent couple, and I'm humbled by your review. Taking this journey with you and watching you glow on your wedding day was a pleasure.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Peter G

Helayne is wonderful to work with. Since the beginning she has always been available for any questions or doubts we have. She is very good about bringing up things we had never even thought of for our wedding. She is very well organized, which made us feel at ease throughout the... Read More process of wedding planning. I would definitely recommend her.

2016-10-30T22:23:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you Peter! Working with you and Stef has been such a great experience.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Jenna C

Helayne is an absolute joy to work with! She is always upbeat yet cool, calm ,and collected at the same time. Helayne is an extremely organized individual and on top of all of the details. I myself am a bit of a control freak and Helayne exceeded every one of my expectations. I... Read More would highly recommend her services to anyone looking for an event coordinator!

2016-10-09T21:55:49 Response from the vendor

As a fellow Type A personality, I know how high those expectations can be. I'm honored to hear that I've exceeded them. Helping you let go and enjoy being a bride has been a pleasure.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Jerelle J

Helayne is the most amazing person I have came across. She has helped me and my partner every step of the way to making our special day effortless. We aren't the easiest people to work with as we are very particular... but Helayne has always been there to answer every question... Read More we may have and makes amazing suggestions as well. When she pointed us in the direction of the LGBT wedding expo we were able to get in contact with so many vendors and see first hand what we wanted. Can't wait for our big day... all thanks to Helayne. We definitely highly recommend her for friends, family, and anyone looking for that person to make everything seem effortless so you can focus on your special day.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Katelin V

Helayne is a wedding must. We had a short six months to plan the wedding and she jumped right in. Our wedding venue is not at all a traditional venue. Helayne fearlessly took on our concept of wanting a beer garden, family style reception. She walked our space to help us make... Read More it a reality. She kept in touch with our vendors and us to make sure we were all on the same page every step of the way. Her organization, attention to detail, and creative thinking has made our dream wedding a lasting memory.

2016-10-30T22:38:24 Response from the vendor

Thanks Katelin! You and Dave are the epitome of my wedding philosophy, "Your Day...Your Way" I had an awesome time creating your unique vision.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Margaret A

I met Helayne at the Wedding Expo this year and within two minutes I knew that I absolutely wanted her as my wedding coordinator! During our first meeting, she helped my fiance and I prioritize our tasks and navigate the first of many "oh geez, I dunno!" moments. Throughout the... Read More process, Helayne has been extremely responsive to my millions of questions, helpful with choosing vendors, prompt at meetings and replies, and just on top of the game. My favorite part of working with Helayne has been how very upfront she's been in everything. Right from the start, she gave me no-nonsense advice and even helped us choose which of HER packages were best suite to our needs! I love working with someone who is a consummate professional, and Helayne professionalism has been perfection. I cannot give a higher recommendation. She is amazing.

2016-10-09T22:41:36 Response from the vendor

Margaret, working with you and Kris has been amazing. I have truly loved every minute of working with you both. You two are such an awesome couple and I'm lucky that you chose me to witness such a special time in your lives. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Juliann C

Helayne is amazing!! She is extremely detailed oriented, friendly, hard working, and really cares about her clients. She takes your needs and budget into consideration and puts together a great wedding. She allows you to be able to sit back and relax during the entire planning... Read More process. I HIGHLY recommend her for all of your wedding needs!!

2016-10-09T21:48:45 Response from the vendor

Thanks Juliann!

Helayne Nicholson

I'm a Midwest girl at heart, born and raised in Illinois. I know, I'm a Yankee, but it can be our little secret. When I'm not living my dream as a Wedding Planner, I am a devoted wife, an indulgent pet parent of two rambunctious Boxers, and an avid reader in search of my next culinary adventure. In my previous life, I was a teacher in Phoenix, Arizona. As an educator, I have honed the skills necessary to provide you with a stress-free experience. My ability to remain calm under pressure, conscientious attention to detail, and creativity are all attributes that culminate at your flawless event