A Personal Touch and Flawless Execution

Every day I get to live my dream of helping couples like you tell their story through the details of their wedding. After working for and learning from some of San Antonio’s premier planners and designers, I created The Road to Marriage to connect with my own clients on a deeper level. I love everything about weddings, from the look on your face when you see each other for the first time on your wedding day to the organized chaos behind the scenes. I’ve customized my services to support you at just the right moments to alleviate your stress. Your wedding is one of the most unforgettable moments of your relationship, so planning your wedding should be a stress free and delightful process.

Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Planning

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

All Texas Locations & Destination Weddings (210) 516-2074

Reviewed on 2/25/2018 Vanessa R

Helayne was exactly what we needed for our big day! My husband and I were planning our wedding on our own when it was suggested to us multiple times to get a coordinator. We did our research and The Road to Marriage stood out to us immediately. After speaking with Helayne on... Read More the phone it looks us all of 2 seconds to look at each other and say "lets book her". Helayne is very knowledge in the wedding industry, detail oriented, and did a great job of balancing our needs and wants and inputting her suggestions. On our wedding day she was running around making sure everything was going smoothly and making adjustments as needed because we were behind on our timeline. If running behind wasn't enough, an unexpected event happened and Helayne was still cool as a cucumber. I can't thank Helayne enough! We received multiple compliments from our guests about what a great job she did which speaks volumes about her dedication to her couples. I would recommend The Road to Marriage in a heartbeat. :) Mr. & Mrs. Jose Flores

Reviewed on 1/15/2018 Chelsea P

I honestly cannot say enough good things about Helayne and her team. She helped to tie up so many loose ends and made the big day effortless for The Bride and wedding party!! If you are planning a wedding, you ABSOLUTELY want this special lady on your team! I would recommend her... Read More services to any and every bride!

2018-02-01T13:35:49 Response from the vendor

Chelsea, you are so sweet! Thank you for choosing TRTM, we are honored to be apart of your wedding day memories.

Reviewed on 1/13/2018 Amanda E

Our wedding was simply amazing! Our guests were in awe, vendors pulled us aside and complimented every detail, the owner of the venue even commented that our wedding was the most beautiful that they have had to date. Absolutely none of which would have been possible without... Read More Helayne. You can hire the best caterer, buy the perfect dress, splurge on the most beautiful flowers, but at the end of the day the most important and memorable part of your wedding is the execution and harmonization of all the details. This is a rare quality that Helayne and her staff have perfected, and at a level of professionalism and empathy that you will not find with anyone else. She was the backbone of our wedding. Helayne took care of every single detail of our wedding and allowed us to enjoy and take in everything about our day stress free. She held our hands from the first day we met her, throughout our wedding, and even after our wedding day. She found us the perfect venue and connected us with the very best vendors. She listened our vision and desires and perfected them, even providing expertise recommendations to enhance and personalize our ideas. She made sure that we covered every little detail, some of which I would have never even thought of! We planned our wedding for a little over a year and Helayne always made herself available, she set up and attended all vendor meetings, she made sure that all our decisions fulfilled our vision, but most importantly she removed all the stress from our wedding and allowed us to enjoy each other and our guests. Our wedding was the best day of our lives and we will forever be grateful to Helayne.

2018-02-01T13:39:56 Response from the vendor

Amanda, sharing this journey with you and Robert was a gift that I feel blessed to have been given. Your trust and support mean everything to me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Reviewed on 1/07/2018 Kathryn H

Highly recommend! Worth every penny.

2018-01-07T12:32:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Kathryn for this glowing review! Being there for you so you could celebrate on Sam's wedding day was my pleasure.

Reviewed on 12/06/2017 Emily F

The Road to Marriage made our wedding experience an unforgettable one. Helayne is such an amazing, organized, hard-working, breath of fresh air whom I cannot imagine going through this process without. She made us feel confident throughout the entire process, and didn't quit... Read More until the job was done. On the day of, everything could not have gone smoother. We even received a compliment from a bartender that our event was the most well run, organized, and professional event they had ever seen at their venue. To me, that says it all. Thank you so much for your attention to detail, and being our voice so we could just sit back and relax. :)

2018-01-07T12:34:34 Response from the vendor

Emily, I know I speak for both Ana and I when I say that working with you and Andy was a treat. You have been one of the sweetest couples, and we're so grateful you chose TRTM.

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Rebecca S

We were extremely thankful to have met Helayne at the Wedding Fair. From the moment my daughter and I met her, there was no doubt that we wanted her as our Wedding Coordinator. Her expertise, knowledge and professionalism is invaluable and made every step of our daughter's... Read More wedding truly beautiful and memorable. We could not have asked for anyone better.

2018-01-07T12:35:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you Becky! Taking this journey with your family has been a gift that I will always treasure.

Reviewed on 12/03/2017 Margaret R

My wedding day was magical thanks to Helayne. After getting engaged I considered the services of a wedding planner but did not think they were necessary. You see, as a professional part of my job is planning large events for 600+ people. I’d say I’m experienced in coordinating... Read More event timelines, budget, and facilitation, however many of my friends and colleagues advised me against using my own services on my special day. They stressed the importance of not only finding a wedding planner, but choosing the perfect one. Looking back I’m so grateful for their advice. I met with lot of planners but many seemed insincere or just not quite the right fit for me, until I met Helayne. I found her to be composed, genuine, organized, and she asked intelligent questions. I made my husband attend all of our meetings because she provided such great tips and insight. At each meeting we’d each take out our phones and write ourselves notes capturing all the great information. Had I not chosen Helayne I know I would have missed out on so much. I should also mention I’m a perfectionist with exceptionally high standards. My husband is the exact opposite and flies by the seat of his pants in every decision he makes. Helayne was able to eloquently communicate with both of us allowing us, especially me, to avoid unnecessary wedding stress. Less than two weeks before my wedding my husband and I were still waiting on pricing communication from our reception venue. Of course I was freaking out and Helayne made herself available for every late night and early morning text. She facilitated communication between the venue and myself helping every step of the way. One the day of my wedding, when I would feel myself getting stressed of anxious, I’d just look at Helayne and see her beautiful smile or reassuring thumbs up. It was exactly what I needed to ease my nerves. I am absolutely grateful for her services. Although I’ve always known Helayne was the perfect choice for me, what impressed me the most has been the comments made by my friends, family, and wedding guests. Friends said, “Wow, she did so much! She was on top of her game!” My dad stated, “Her directives during the church entrance and before the toast really helped me out. I was so nervous!” My wedding guests, “Where did you find her and give me her information!” Again, I can’t say enough about Helayne’s abilities. My wedding day was magical thanks to her.

Reviewed on 11/30/2017 Andy F

Helayne and Ana, thank you so much for everything! When we first met you it was like a breath of fresh air, we were pulling our hair out dealing with multiple vendors without a real plan. You were able to get everything on track, deal with our problem vendors while allowing us... Read More to focus on our upcoming wedding and our own sanity! The day of the wedding, everything ran flawlessly with Ana leading the team to perfection. Thank you for everything, y'all are the best!!

2018-01-07T12:59:16 Response from the vendor

Thanks Andy! Reviews from my grooms are extra special because, I know that they're always a little skeptical about having a Wedding Planner. Your sweet review has made my day!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Kyle B

Helayne Nicholson is a God-send. Her expertise, vendor referrals and recommendations are invaluable. Helayne kept us organized, moving and on time (no easy thing task with our busy schedules and essentially a three month wedding plan timeline.) Helayne was gracious - even on... Read More days when the pressure got to us - and was an angel of reason when we needed it. In working together, we had a dream wedding. She was attentive to what made us unique and what we wanted for our special day. If you're looking for the right person to walk with you on 'the road to marriage', look no further. Helayne is one of the biggest blessings for which you could ask. Thank you Helayne!!!

2017-09-06T12:48:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you Felicia & Kyle for such a sweet review. It was my pleasure to be there for you two every step of the way.

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Samantha S

My husband and I were looking for a day-of coordinator for our July wedding, with only 6 months to plan and execute. Helayne was in touch within hours after my initial contact, and within a day we knew we'd found the right person for the job. What we didn't know was how... Read More incredibly blessed we'd be not only by Helayne's work, but by her friendship. She is detailed oriented, task-focused, and has the ability to juggle about a million things at the same time. And even though I'm sure things went wrong on our wedding day, we never noticed a single one of them. Helayne kept us calm when we wanted to get frustrated, helped us laugh when we were tense or nervous, and walked every step of the way with us as we traveled the road to marriage. She made sure our families and friends were well taken care of, she took a genuine interest in our relationship and well-being, and because of that we were able to trust her at every moment to get us through our big day. As we've reflected on the entire process, we are certain that hands-down, Helayne and The Road To Marriage were the BEST choice we made during wedding planning....other than choosing to marry each other! We couldn't imagine the last 6 months without her. Well done, H! We're going to miss you!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Amber D

Helayne was a God send. My mother-in-law had attending a wedding previously that Helayne was the coordinator. She was so impressed that she suggested her for our wedding. Helayne came in at the very end of planning for our wedding as I had done most of the planning while still... Read More working over 100 hrs a week. She was amazing!!!! She tightened up any loose ends that I had up to day of the ceremony. She met with my event coordinator and may sure our day was absolutely perfect in our eyes. She was punctual, efficient, organized, and thorough. I could only imagine all the mishaps that might have happened if we did not have Helayne. She gets the job done and done well! Thanks for all your help and I will definitely recommend you to any of my family/friends/colleagues in need of a wedding coordinator!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Emily S

When I look back on my wedding planning experience, Helayne is the one person/thing that comes to mind. After a decision to get married in 4 months (after dating for nearly 4 years), I knew that whichever wedding planner we hired would need to be prepared to get down to business... Read More quick. After putting in a request for information, I heard back from Helayne within minutes, and was on the phone hiring her just a few hours later. To add to the chaos, we were planning a "destination" wedding from out-of-state... A difficult feat in itself! From the moment I spoke with Helayne, I was confident that she was the person to help guide us through the process. She took the time to help educate us on wedding details and things to expect, and never once assumed we knew what was going on... She truly helped guide the way through every decision, both big and small. She was good at showing us "both sides of the coin" when considering different options, and while she would give her recommendation when asked, she never forced her opinions or ideas on us. Throughout the process I trusted Helayne, and I am so glad that I did. While something goes wrong with every wedding day (ours was moved inside), she helped quickly transform our vision and even surprised us with a beautiful Ceremony display that was unexpected. She obviously cares for her clients, but also cares for the various vendors that she connects her clients to. This is such an amazing benefit to hiring her - she is well-respected and people enjoy working with her. My sweet husband really has one thing he wants to mention: "While I knew that there were so many details that go into the wedding, I didn't know how many details Helayne would handle that I never could handle in the first place. She isn't just valuable to you, she is valuable to your family, friends, and vendors." From the both of us, if you're considering a wedding planner, look no further. She will have your best interests in mind, and help to make the experience of planning a wedding fun, organized, and memorable. We love you Helayne!

2017-07-26T22:44:57 Response from the vendor

There are no words to describe how humbled I am to receive such an incredible review. Working with you, Houston, and your wonderful families is an experience I will always treasure. Thank you for making me feel like a member of the Alexander/Simon clan. Love... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Haley B

Amazing, detailed, experienced!!! Did I catch you eye yet? Is is weird to be jealous of the brides that get to work with her now? I was looking for a planner to help with the day-of wedding planning. I will admit, I am a bit anal (understatement) and had lost out on two planners... Read More already. Now, I know that God was just making me wait until I met Helayne. Was referred to her by Anne at The Girl General (also awesome) and I knew from the first moment that she was the one I was waiting for. I know, corny, but it takes someone who I completely trust for me to let go and trust implicitly. Someone who would take the reins and not be afraid to shoot someone the "ojos" when they aren't doing what they are supposed to. That is Helayne. She is organized, funny, happy, not too sappy, not afraid to get dirty (not literally). We had so much fun in our meetings leading up to the wedding day, but still seemed to get everything done. She was always there in the background nudging me in the right direction and then took over EVERYTHING so that I could focus on getting married! She reminds me of a duck, so composed on the top of the water, you would never know her legs are kicking a million miles a minute below the water. Things I never even thought about, were taken care of. Matt and I were able to see the reception room and enjoy 20 minutes alone with our drinks of choice (yes, she asked us what our drink of choice was and kept us full all night) and apps before the reception started. Even during the day, I was feeling kind of bloated and needed some GasX (sorry for the TMI). I was trying to figure out how to not inconvenience anyone and still get what I needed. Then, Helayne magically showed up with some. I am talking over and above the call of duty there. haha. She anticipated everything and was one step ahead of everyone the entire process. I could write more, maybe a novel, but I think you get the picture. Just go ahead and hire her, you will enjoy your day, and it will be everything you dreamed up and more!

2017-07-04T22:20:06 Response from the vendor

Sometimes the universe puts people in our paths and you know from the moment that you meet them that they're going to be someone very special. Haley you were one of those people for me. Thank you for not only trusting me with your wedding... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Grecia M

My experience with Helayne was amazing. Since the first day we met, I knew she had to be a part of my wedding. I could not have had the wedding without her help! I got married April 7th, 2017 and the entire wedding planning process went so smooth and it was so enjoyable!... Read More Helayne is professional and amazing at what she does. My wedding day was magical and more than I could have ever imagined, because of Helayne. She truly cares about her clients and advocates at whatever possible circumstance. I had absolutely no worries or stress having Helayne as my wedding planner. No worries and no stress?! Is that possible!? It is when you have Helayne! Helayne kept in constant contact with us since the day one. I recommend her 100%!!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Rachel B

I wish I could give this an infinite amount of stars. Helayne was the best decision we made ( besides marry each other) for our wedding. She was calm, collected, and poised. Truely a master with a plan! Our outdoor ceremony had to quickly more indoors due to rain and Helayne... Read More and her team made it all work flawlessly. Beyond her incredible wedding planning skills, she's a joy to be around and gives off the best energy. She got down to business and handed everything so we could enjoy our day. I knew from the moment I met her I wanted her around- really she's beautiful inside and out and makes your wedding day perfect for you. Thank you!

2017-07-04T22:28:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you Rachel! I knew you and Tyler were meant to be one of my couples when we high-fived about your labels. I was beyond blessed that you shared your journey with me. Until we meet again my friend, best wishes.

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Tyler B

Wow, I cannot say enough about Helayne. My wife and I debated whether or not we should have a wedding coordinator, and I was leaning toward saying no, but I can't imagine having planned our wedding without one. After meeting Helayne, we both knew that it would be worth it to... Read More hire her. Every step of the way she exceeded our expectations. At our first meeting gave us an extremely detailed checklist that we used for the entirety of the wedding planning process. From then on we continued to be impressed. On the day of our wedding it rained and she came up with three options to save the day, and everything ended up being perfect. Her energy was always calming and assertive, meaning that she knew she was going to be able to handle whatever we threw at her, and make our day go off flawlessly. As someone who was skeptical at first, I can tell you that you certainly won't regret having Helayne on your team as you plan your day.

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 Sylvia S

I had the pleasure with meeting Helayne during the initial consultation. We ultimately did not choose Helayne as our wedding coordinator as we had some budget restrictions however, I have nothing but complimentary things to say about her! Helayne was very responsive via email... Read More and answered every question I had and provided great advice. From the moment I met Helayne, you could tell that she is very professional and truly enjoys what she does. Her subtle confidence and the way she held herself made me want to choose her as our wedding coordinator after meeting her just once! Unfortunately, my fiancé and I had to make a tough decision and things did not work out but I highly recommend Helayne for anyone who is looking for a wedding coordinator!

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Tatiana H

Book her while you still can! Helayne was an absolute dream to work with. We booked her as our day of coordinator and we can't say enough good things about her services. We joked that that her second job was a marriage counselor because she did a wonderful job of helping us... Read More navigate differing opinions when it came to planning. We met with her several times leading up to the wedding and each time she had great advice (planning, timelines, questions, vendors - you name it, she had a thoughtful response) and helped keep us on track. Throughout the planning she was quick to respond to our emails or phone calls. The majority of the venders we contracted had previously worked with her and were incredibly complimentary of Helayne as well. I know that things went wrong on the day of our wedding, but to her credit I have no clue what they were. Our family and guests were incredibly complimentary of her as well – many mentioned how discrete, hard working, and calm she was throughout the wedding day. By far the best money we spend on the wedding!

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 J M

There's not enough great things that I can say about Helayne and her services throughout the entire experience. She is one of the most professional and well organized individuals that I have ever met. I can say with 100% confidence, that Helayne and her staff were instrumental... Read More to making our wedding day a great success. Looking back on the event now, there is not one thing that we would have changed. Tatiana and I had a vision that we wanted to create for our ceremony and reception and Helayne was very influential in making it a reality. Helyane had a number of thoughts, ideas and recommendations throughout the 10 months leading up to our wedding day that made it a night to remember. We first met Helayne at a Wedding Expo where we were both clearly overwhelmed by the magnitude of what we needed to accomplish in a short period of time. Helayne was helpful from that initial encounter and put us both at ease when she also provided vendor recommendations with her honest opinion based on our budget and what we wanted to accomplish. We clearly got the sense that she was very knowledgeable about the entire wedding industry and that she had done this before. The checklist and timelines that Helayne provided were perfect and made the experience a seamless process. They allowed Tatiana and myself to approach the hectic week of the wedding with limited stress about vendors, entertainment, guestlist and the venue. Helayne was a pleasure to work with and I can honestly say that our wedding would not have been the success that it was had it not been for her. Helayne’s services are a very necessary expense that will save you a number of gray hairs and stress for the most important day of your life.

2016-12-22T16:27:18 Response from the vendor

Jason, it has been my pleasure getting to know you and Tatiana. Being there for you throughout this process, seeing the joy on your faces as Tatiana surprised you with the Second Line Parade, and showering you with confetti (not once but twice) was priceless.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 David V

Helayne is everything you can ask for in a planner and manager. She was impeccably prepared and organized for our event, and when things changed at the last second she adapted and adjusted like a pro. We would not have made it through the day without her. She is the absolute... Read More perfect mix of friend, teammate, manager, and attack dog. She will be there for you when you need her. She has an amazing ability to anticipate what you need and how to help. I would happily recommend Helayne to anyone.

2016-12-22T16:40:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you Dave for this unbelievable review. You've captured my personality to a T, and I'm so glad that Katelin and Lisa found me so I could be there for all of you. I'm proud to have been your attack dog, especially when you were... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 David M

Helayne helped us organize our thoughts and decide what we really wanted and then took care of putting the pieces together. During our wedding day we did not have to worry about anything because we knew we had Helayne watching after things. We just wish we hired her sooner!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

Helayne is absolutely great. She did a fantastic job for my daughter's wedding. The big day was spectacular and she helped make that happen. Many quests came up to me to let me know how great she is for she paid attention to all details and treated all guests, family, friends,... Read More vendors with kindness and direction. Thank you so much for you and your wonderful staff for helping make this such a memorable wedding!!

2016-11-02T07:29:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you Sylvia! I loved every minute of being there for your family.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Nicole D

Helayne and her team were easy to work with and possessed endless poise and patience throughout my sister's wedding weekend. As MOH, that was so appreciated!

2016-11-02T07:43:55 Response from the vendor

Nicole, thank you for such a sweet compliment.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Danielle M

There are not enough words to describe the gratitude we have for Helayne. She was a huge part of what made our wedding day a success. From our first encounter to our big day, she was determined to carry out our vision. She is incredibly personable, decisive and an absolute joy... Read More to work with. She was so great at making us feel comfortable and putting us at ease throughout the entire process. Her mannerisms, attention to detail and patience made the event flawless and allowed us to relax and focus on absorbing this memorable occasion. I didn't have to worry about vendors arriving on time or setting up appropriately, as Helayne was all over it. There was no detail left out. She exceeded all of our expectations, and trust me, our expectations were high. When deciding on if you need a wedding planner, the answer is YES; and when deciding on who, the answer is Helayne! She won't let you down.

2016-10-30T21:47:44 Response from the vendor

Being there for you, Lauro, and your families was a priceless gift. Witnessing their love for you and your love for each other is a memory that I will always cherish. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your wedding.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Lisa C

I am so happy we found Helayne. She was recommended by another planner and we were so blessed that she was available. We met on a rainy Saturday morning and she was on-board before we left the coffee shop that morning. She is a great listener keeps track of the details. I,... Read More as well as many of our guests, was impressed with her excellent service and professionalism. I would definitely procure her services again.

2016-10-30T21:08:27 Response from the vendor

Thanks Lisa, making sure that you could relax and enjoy Katelin & Dave's wedding was my primary objective. I'm so glad that you found me!

Helayne Nicholson

I'm a Midwest girl at heart, born and raised in Illinois. I know, I'm a Yankee, but it can be our little secret. When I'm not living my dream as a Wedding Planner, I am a devoted wife, an indulgent pet parent of two rambunctious Boxers, and an avid reader in search of my next culinary adventure. In my previous life, I was a teacher in Phoenix, Arizona. As an educator, I have honed the skills necessary to provide you with a stress-free experience. My ability to remain calm under pressure, conscientious attention to detail, and creativity are all attributes that culminate at your flawless event