"Your Day...Your Way"

Weddings are one of a kind, emotionally charged events. Connecting with you, and setting the stage to showcase your unique vision is my passion. Seeing your joy as you share your love story with family and friends is one of my greatest pleasures. Like you, my couples are active professionals with a unique vision. You have high expectations, and a decisive personality. Creating an unforgettable experience where your guests feel like family, is just as important as the aesthetic. I support all love, #marriageequality!

Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Planning

All Texas Locations & Destination Weddings (210) 516-2074
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Grecia M

My experience with Helayne was amazing. Since the first day we met, I knew she had to be a part of my wedding. I could not have had the wedding without her help! I got married April 7th, 2017 and the entire wedding planning process went so smooth and it was so enjoyable!... Read More Helayne is professional and amazing at what she does. My wedding day was magical and more than I could have ever imagined, because of Helayne. She truly cares about her clients and advocates at whatever possible circumstance. I had absolutely no worries or stress having Helayne as my wedding planner. No worries and no stress?! Is that possible!? It is when you have Helayne! Helayne kept in constant contact with us since the day one. I recommend her 100%!!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Rachel B

I wish I could give this an infinite amount of stars. Helayne was the best decision we made ( besides marry each other) for our wedding. She was calm, collected, and poised. Truely a master with a plan! Our outdoor ceremony had to quickly more indoors due to rain and Helayne... Read More and her team made it all work flawlessly. Beyond her incredible wedding planning skills, she's a joy to be around and gives off the best energy. She got down to business and handed everything so we could enjoy our day. I knew from the moment I met her I wanted her around- really she's beautiful inside and out and makes your wedding day perfect for you. Thank you!

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 J M

There's not enough great things that I can say about Helayne and her services throughout the entire experience. She is one of the most professional and well organized individuals that I have ever met. I can say with 100% confidence, that Helayne and her staff were instrumental... Read More to making our wedding day a great success. Looking back on the event now, there is not one thing that we would have changed. Tatiana and I had a vision that we wanted to create for our ceremony and reception and Helayne was very influential in making it a reality. Helyane had a number of thoughts, ideas and recommendations throughout the 10 months leading up to our wedding day that made it a night to remember. We first met Helayne at a Wedding Expo where we were both clearly overwhelmed by the magnitude of what we needed to accomplish in a short period of time. Helayne was helpful from that initial encounter and put us both at ease when she also provided vendor recommendations with her honest opinion based on our budget and what we wanted to accomplish. We clearly got the sense that she was very knowledgeable about the entire wedding industry and that she had done this before. The checklist and timelines that Helayne provided were perfect and made the experience a seamless process. They allowed Tatiana and myself to approach the hectic week of the wedding with limited stress about vendors, entertainment, guestlist and the venue. Helayne was a pleasure to work with and I can honestly say that our wedding would not have been the success that it was had it not been for her. Helayne’s services are a very necessary expense that will save you a number of gray hairs and stress for the most important day of your life.

2016-12-22T16:27:18 Response from the vendor

Jason, it has been my pleasure getting to know you and Tatiana. Being there for you throughout this process, seeing the joy on your faces as Tatiana surprised you with the Second Line Parade, and showering you with confetti (not once but twice) was priceless.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Haley C

Amazing, detailed, experienced!!! Did I catch you eye yet? Is is weird to be jealous of the brides that get to work with her now? I was looking for a planner to help with the day-of wedding planning. I will admit, I am a bit anal (understatement) and had lost out on two planners... Read More already. Now, I know that God was just making me wait until I met Helayne. Was referred to her by Anne at The Girl General (also awesome) and I knew from the first moment that she was the one I was waiting for. I know, corny, but it takes someone who I completely trust for me to let go and trust implicitly. Someone who would take the reins and not be afraid to shoot someone the "ojos" when they aren't doing what they are supposed to. That is Helayne. She is organized, funny, happy, not too sappy, not afraid to get dirty (not literally). We had so much fun in our meetings leading up to the wedding day, but still seemed to get everything done. She was always there in the background nudging me in the right direction and then took over EVERYTHING so that I could focus on getting married! She reminds me of a duck, so composed on the top of the water, you would never know her legs are kicking a million miles a minute below the water. Things I never even thought about, were taken care of. Matt and I were able to see the reception room and enjoy 20 minutes alone with our drinks of choice (yes, she asked us what our drink of choice was and kept us full all night) and apps before the reception started. Even during the day, I was feeling kind of bloated and needed some GasX (sorry for the TMI). I was trying to figure out how to not inconvenience anyone and still get what I needed. Then, Helayne magically showed up with some. I am talking over and above the call of duty there. haha. She anticipated everything and was one step ahead of everyone the entire process. I could write more, maybe a novel, but I think you get the picture. Just go ahead and hire her, you will enjoy your day, and it will be everything you dreamed up and more!

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Tyler B

Wow, I cannot say enough about Helayne. My wife and I debated whether or not we should have a wedding coordinator, and I was leaning toward saying no, but I can't imagine having planned our wedding without one. After meeting Helayne, we both knew that it would be worth it to... Read More hire her. Every step of the way she exceeded our expectations. At our first meeting gave us an extremely detailed checklist that we used for the entirety of the wedding planning process. From then on we continued to be impressed. On the day of our wedding it rained and she came up with three options to save the day, and everything ended up being perfect. Her energy was always calming and assertive, meaning that she knew she was going to be able to handle whatever we threw at her, and make our day go off flawlessly. As someone who was skeptical at first, I can tell you that you certainly won't regret having Helayne on your team as you plan your day.

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 Sylvia S

I had the pleasure with meeting Helayne during the initial consultation. We ultimately did not choose Helayne as our wedding coordinator as we had some budget restrictions however, I have nothing but complimentary things to say about her! Helayne was very responsive via email... Read More and answered every question I had and provided great advice. From the moment I met Helayne, you could tell that she is very professional and truly enjoys what she does. Her subtle confidence and the way she held herself made me want to choose her as our wedding coordinator after meeting her just once! Unfortunately, my fiancé and I had to make a tough decision and things did not work out but I highly recommend Helayne for anyone who is looking for a wedding coordinator!

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Tatiana H

Book her while you still can! Helayne was an absolute dream to work with. We booked her as our day of coordinator and we can't say enough good things about her services. We joked that that her second job was a marriage counselor because she did a wonderful job of helping us... Read More navigate differing opinions when it came to planning. We met with her several times leading up to the wedding and each time she had great advice (planning, timelines, questions, vendors - you name it, she had a thoughtful response) and helped keep us on track. Throughout the planning she was quick to respond to our emails or phone calls. The majority of the venders we contracted had previously worked with her and were incredibly complimentary of Helayne as well. I know that things went wrong on the day of our wedding, but to her credit I have no clue what they were. Our family and guests were incredibly complimentary of her as well – many mentioned how discrete, hard working, and calm she was throughout the wedding day. By far the best money we spend on the wedding!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 David V

Helayne is everything you can ask for in a planner and manager. She was impeccably prepared and organized for our event, and when things changed at the last second she adapted and adjusted like a pro. We would not have made it through the day without her. She is the absolute... Read More perfect mix of friend, teammate, manager, and attack dog. She will be there for you when you need her. She has an amazing ability to anticipate what you need and how to help. I would happily recommend Helayne to anyone.

2016-12-22T16:40:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you Dave for this unbelievable review. You've captured my personality to a T, and I'm so glad that Katelin and Lisa found me so I could be there for all of you. I'm proud to have been your attack dog, especially when you were... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 David M

Helayne helped us organize our thoughts and decide what we really wanted and then took care of putting the pieces together. During our wedding day we did not have to worry about anything because we knew we had Helayne watching after things. We just wish we hired her sooner!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

Helayne is absolutely great. She did a fantastic job for my daughter's wedding. The big day was spectacular and she helped make that happen. Many quests came up to me to let me know how great she is for she paid attention to all details and treated all guests, family, friends,... Read More vendors with kindness and direction. Thank you so much for you and your wonderful staff for helping make this such a memorable wedding!!

2016-11-02T07:29:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you Sylvia! I loved every minute of being there for your family.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Nicole D

Helayne and her team were easy to work with and possessed endless poise and patience throughout my sister's wedding weekend. As MOH, that was so appreciated!

2016-11-02T07:43:55 Response from the vendor

Nicole, thank you for such a sweet compliment.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Danielle M

There are not enough words to describe the gratitude we have for Helayne. She was a huge part of what made our wedding day a success. From our first encounter to our big day, she was determined to carry out our vision. She is incredibly personable, decisive and an absolute joy... Read More to work with. She was so great at making us feel comfortable and putting us at ease throughout the entire process. Her mannerisms, attention to detail and patience made the event flawless and allowed us to relax and focus on absorbing this memorable occasion. I didn't have to worry about vendors arriving on time or setting up appropriately, as Helayne was all over it. There was no detail left out. She exceeded all of our expectations, and trust me, our expectations were high. When deciding on if you need a wedding planner, the answer is YES; and when deciding on who, the answer is Helayne! She won't let you down.

2016-10-30T21:47:44 Response from the vendor

Being there for you, Lauro, and your families was a priceless gift. Witnessing their love for you and your love for each other is a memory that I will always cherish. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your wedding.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Lisa C

I am so happy we found Helayne. She was recommended by another planner and we were so blessed that she was available. We met on a rainy Saturday morning and she was on-board before we left the coffee shop that morning. She is a great listener keeps track of the details. I,... Read More as well as many of our guests, was impressed with her excellent service and professionalism. I would definitely procure her services again.

2016-10-30T21:08:27 Response from the vendor

Thanks Lisa, making sure that you could relax and enjoy Katelin & Dave's wedding was my primary objective. I'm so glad that you found me!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Amanda S

Sitting here two weeks after our wedding my husband and I are still talking about what an amazing job Helayne did. When we first hired her 10 months prior, I wasn't sure if we "really" needed to expense it but decided to go for it. WOW!!! We are so HAPPY we did! I couldn't... Read More imagine the weeks leading up to the wedding and especially the day of the wedding without Helayne. She is kind, organized, detail oriented, and a great multi-tasker. She handled all of the vendors for us in the weeks leading up to the wedding which was great because that made less stress for us. The day of the wedding Helayne and her assistant did not stop. From the moment I arrived to the bridal suite that morning with all of the decorations they took over and went until everything was cleaned up at midnight. We had discussed where everything was to go and etc. prior to the big day so all I had to do was give them the decorations and they got to work. We did have a mishap of the a/c going out in the bridal suite and I went to Helayne and she got right on it for us. Everything went off without a hitch during the ceremony and reception (well except the DJ but that's another story....) She made sure order was kept during the reception. With a guest count of 160 and open bar order can be lost pretty quick if someone is not there to keep it. Overall, If you are a bride to be reading this review and doing your research and are asking yourself.... 1. Do I need a planner/day of coordinator? The answer is YES you really do! You will be so thankful to yourself once the day comes and when it is all said and done. 2. Is Helayne who we want to hire? The answer is DEFINITELY YES! You will not be disappointed at any step of the way. She will get you guys through your wedding day and takes so much of the stress away. Thank you Helayne! Wes and I enjoyed this past year with you. Our day would not of been so flawless from our end had we not of had you. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts and wish you all the best!

2016-10-30T22:07:01 Response from the vendor

I had a blast working with you and Wes. You two deserved every moment of happiness that my girls and I could give you. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Meghan E

I could write an essay on the amazing qualities of Helayne! I'll try to keep it short though. Helayne is on top of her stuff. She replies promptly to communication. She always had budget/timing/wants & needs/FLOW in mind. Without her, my wedding would not have been the same. Her... Read More cool, calm, and straight to the point way of approaching things was clutch in times where I was clearly losing my mind. My fiancé and I spoke often of her during the days after and pondered how she managed to keep us all organized. Not only that, I had close family members mention numerous times "Man that woman is on top of things!" I have a very large family and insisted there be 16 children involved in the wedding party. Helayne took it with a grain of salt and made it happen beautifully. I had a bridesmaid who was being extremely moody, Helayne handled it perfectly and with class. Her and her girls were on top of it during the ceremony and reception and packed everything up afterwards with (my aunts words "impressive speed". Helayne! I need you in my life! Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart! You will forever be in our hearts!

2016-10-30T20:07:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you Meghan and Aaron! You are such a magnificent couple, and I'm humbled by your review. Taking this journey with you and watching you glow on your wedding day was a pleasure.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Peter G

Helayne is wonderful to work with. Since the beginning she has always been available for any questions or doubts we have. She is very good about bringing up things we had never even thought of for our wedding. She is very well organized, which made us feel at ease throughout the... Read More process of wedding planning. I would definitely recommend her.

2016-10-30T22:23:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you Peter! Working with you and Stef has been such a great experience.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Jenna C

Helayne is an absolute joy to work with! She is always upbeat yet cool, calm ,and collected at the same time. Helayne is an extremely organized individual and on top of all of the details. I myself am a bit of a control freak and Helayne exceeded every one of my expectations. I... Read More would highly recommend her services to anyone looking for an event coordinator!

2016-10-09T21:55:49 Response from the vendor

As a fellow Type A personality, I know how high those expectations can be. I'm honored to hear that I've exceeded them. Helping you let go and enjoy being a bride has been a pleasure.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Jerelle J

Helayne is the most amazing person I have came across. She has helped me and my partner every step of the way to making our special day effortless. We aren't the easiest people to work with as we are very particular... but Helayne has always been there to answer every question... Read More we may have and makes amazing suggestions as well. When she pointed us in the direction of the LGBT wedding expo we were able to get in contact with so many vendors and see first hand what we wanted. Can't wait for our big day... all thanks to Helayne. We definitely highly recommend her for friends, family, and anyone looking for that person to make everything seem effortless so you can focus on your special day.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Katelin V

Helayne is a wedding must. We had a short six months to plan the wedding and she jumped right in. Our wedding venue is not at all a traditional venue. Helayne fearlessly took on our concept of wanting a beer garden, family style reception. She walked our space to help us make... Read More it a reality. She kept in touch with our vendors and us to make sure we were all on the same page every step of the way. Her organization, attention to detail, and creative thinking has made our dream wedding a lasting memory.

2016-10-30T22:38:24 Response from the vendor

Thanks Katelin! You and Dave are the epitome of my wedding philosophy, "Your Day...Your Way" I had an awesome time creating your unique vision.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Margaret A

I met Helayne at the Wedding Expo this year and within two minutes I knew that I absolutely wanted her as my wedding coordinator! During our first meeting, she helped my fiance and I prioritize our tasks and navigate the first of many "oh geez, I dunno!" moments. Throughout the... Read More process, Helayne has been extremely responsive to my millions of questions, helpful with choosing vendors, prompt at meetings and replies, and just on top of the game. My favorite part of working with Helayne has been how very upfront she's been in everything. Right from the start, she gave me no-nonsense advice and even helped us choose which of HER packages were best suite to our needs! I love working with someone who is a consummate professional, and Helayne professionalism has been perfection. I cannot give a higher recommendation. She is amazing.

2016-10-09T22:41:36 Response from the vendor

Margaret, working with you and Kris has been amazing. I have truly loved every minute of working with you both. You two are such an awesome couple and I'm lucky that you chose me to witness such a special time in your lives. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Juliann C

Helayne is amazing!! She is extremely detailed oriented, friendly, hard working, and really cares about her clients. She takes your needs and budget into consideration and puts together a great wedding. She allows you to be able to sit back and relax during the entire planning... Read More process. I HIGHLY recommend her for all of your wedding needs!!

2016-10-09T21:48:45 Response from the vendor

Thanks Juliann!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Paul R

Helayne has been an absolute pleasure to work with and it has honestly been the best money we have spent throughout this entire experience. We feel so fortunate to have found her at the bridal extravaganza last year in San Antonio. Her professionalism is unmatched, and in terms... Read More of her ability to communicate and stay organized, i doubt there is anyone better in the wedding business. We would recommend her to all couples that are planning a wedding. You will be so glad that you hired her.

2016-10-04T17:51:25 Response from the vendor

Wow Paul, if you and Kristal were trying to make me cry, you nailed it. Thank you for the privilege of being there with you through one of the most important times of your lives. Your praise means more than I can say.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Megan T

Helayne is simply amazing! She took care of everything from beginning to end! Without her my husband and I would simply be lost. Her attention to detail and organization are amazing. During the reception we were overbooked, my husband and I didn't even know there was a problem... Read More with the seating. She sprung into action made sure everything was perfect! She is like a wedding angel! We were so blessed to work with someone so patience and kind. There aren't enough words to express how thankful and grateful we are for everything that she did.

2016-10-04T14:18:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this glowing review, and for sharing such a special time in your lives with me. I feel like the lucky one, working with you and Edward was an honor.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Cris R

Helayne has worked with us for two weddings now. When my son and his bride wanted their wedding in San Antonio, my first phone call was to Helayne because the couple live in Oklahoma. She patiently worked with them through a very busy work schedule and was able to make their... Read More dreams come true within their budget. When you plan a wedding you have many personalities to deal with and she is an expert at being a mediator. Begin you plans with Helayne and end with your perfect wedding.

2016-10-03T17:06:04 Response from the vendor

Thanks Cris, being there for Megan, Danny, and your family for their 9/3/16 wedding was my pleasure. I loved seeing everyone again, and your family has a very special place in my heart. I hope we keep in touch!

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Hesitant R

My fiancé and I have recently met with Helayne and I am so impressed with her professionalism and honesty. She has put us in the right direction for our wedding next year. She asked great questions to have a full understanding of our vision and expectations. I can't thank... Read More her enough for the extra time she spent wit us. She knows a lot of vendors and has amazing advice for us. Thank you Helayne again for everything.

Helayne Nicholson

I'm a Midwest girl at heart, born and raised in Illinois. I know, I'm a Yankee, but it can be our little secret. When I'm not living my dream as a Wedding Planner, I am a devoted wife, an indulgent pet parent of two rambunctious Boxers, and an avid reader in search of my next culinary adventure. In my previous life, I was a teacher in Phoenix, Arizona. As an educator, I have honed the skills necessary to provide you with a stress-free experience. My ability to remain calm under pressure, conscientious attention to detail, and creativity are all attributes that culminate at your flawless event