Book Your Wedding with The Rose Garden

A BALLROOM IN HARAHAN, LA

Situated in the Elmwood area of New Orleans, Louisiana, the impressive venue of the Rose Garden is easily accessible and a welcoming sight for guests. Staff at this venue work thoroughly to guide couples through the process from start to finish, making sure everything is organized before the big day and runs smoothly during the special event. The Rose Garden can hold both the ceremony and reception onsite.

has a capacity for 150 to 600 guests and features an oak parquet dance floor covering an area of 1,200 square feet. When booking a package for this room, amenities include:

• Bridal suite
  • Wedding consultant
  • Three-hour reception
  • Elegant decorations
  • Professional DJ and sound system
  • Waiters and bartending services for the full bar
  • Extensive menu including the chef’s specialty dishes
  • Wedding and groom’s cakes
  • Imprinted napkins
  • Free parking
  • Security guards
  • A honeymoon gift including a bottle of champagne

The Rose Garden has full-service bridal consultants to ensure that everything runs smoothly and to plan, from the time the venue is booked until the last guest leaves.

Renowned for exceptional cuisine, the Rose Garden’s chef and culinary team work tirelessly to produce an outstanding menu that caters to all tastes. Hors d’oeuvres are hand passed by the waiters, guests can also feast their eyes as well as their stomachs on the spectacular dishes presented at various stations in the reception room.

A number of additional amenities are available for each wedding, including:

• Ice sculptures that can be brought onto the premises for an additional cost
  • Carving stations with a uniformed carver
  • Additional food displays, such as a smoked salmon display, bananas foster flambé station, grillades and cheese grits and a French market salad station

Say "I do to the Rose Garden Venue!"

Trusted in New Orleans for over 40 years. The Rose Garden has been catering wedding receptions and corporate events (from 50 to 350 guests) since 1972. Our elegant Grand Ballroom coupled with our unmatched experience and commitment to personal service and delicious, tantalizing food are a perfect combination for your reception Come check out New Orleans best kept secret, more affordable than you imagine! Say "I do to the Rose Garden Venue!"

Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

5616 Citrus Blvd, Harahan, LA (504) 737-1300

Reviewed on 12/26/2016 Alexander d

Where to begin! When I walked into the room I looked at my future wife and we both knew this was the place we had always dreamed of for our wedding reception. The staff didn't feel like staff, they felt like family and still do to this day. They made every request we had happen... Read More and took care of everything we asked. They went above and beyond to provide us with everything we needed and wanted. The food one word AMAZING they set up a area away from guest so we could eat and boy did we eat because it was amazing. The dj kept things rocking all night and had guest dancing all night. There are so many things I'm forgetting but the bottom line is if you are looking for a place that takes care of everything and makes you wedding effortless then this is the place for you. We always said if they pulled off everything they said they would the money would be well spent. They went above that and exceeded all expectations and made our day so special. People keep telling us that it was the best wedding they have been to. So if you looking for a great place great price and great family call fran and book the Rose Garden

2016-12-27T08:34:35 Response from the vendor

Awe! We love y'all Alex & Amanda! This sweet review made my day! Both of your families were so much fun and full of excitement. Merry Christmas~ Amie & Fran

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Leslie F

The Rose Garden is such a special place to get married. Fran made us free like family right from the beginning. I felt like she really would take care of us and have or best interest in mind throughout the whole process. I also found it to be affordable in comparison to... Read More similar venues. Throughout the planning process I enjoyed collaborating with Amie on everything. Her reminder emails were very helpful and kept me on track. She was always available to answer my questions by phone or email and she was quick to respond even when I wasn’t. Both Amie and Fran gave good advice based on their experience of helping many brides. They told me straight up when something wasn’t a good idea, but were still willing to accommodate my every request if it was possible. I initially worried about decor, but realized that there really wasn't much I needed to add. With the customizable uplighting the room looked great and went well with my colors. My decorating needs ended up being very minimal. The food was amazing! The pre-event dinner put my mind at ease and let me know in advance that my guest would love the food. And they did! There was something for everyone and I especially appreciated the effort to accommodate my dad who has a restricted diet. The only issue occurred when some people not familiar with the New Orleans style reception were unaware that they had to get up and help themselves. The night went by very quickly and we were grateful to have the private dining area for my husband and I to slow down and enjoy the meal together. Everything happened just about as planned and I never felt like we were being rushed out at the end of the night. If there were any problems behind the scenes we sure didn’t know about it. And when things did come up, like forgetting both garters, Fran saved the day with an extra one she had on hand. Overall it turned out to be a gorgeous wedding. Weeks afterward I am still getting comments from my guest on what a beautiful wedding it was or how much fun they had. I can’t thank the staff at the Rose Garden enough for the personalized service in helping me put it all together. From the experienced knowledge and patience to providing unexpected, extra special touches that really made a difference (and saved me money). I highly recommend The Rose Garden for your ceremony and reception. You won’t be disappointed!

A perfect wedding

Reviewed on 9/29/2015

We are a same-sex couple and elected to have both our ceremony and reception at the Rose Garden with a guest list of 60 people. I can't say enough glowing things about them! Fran and Amie provided custom service to us, helped us with all aspects of the wedding, and kept... Read More everything smooth. The food was beyond incredible! Enormous numbers and variety of hors d'oeuvres, all delicious. Several primary dishes that our guests couldn't say enough wonderful things about. The décor is classy and beautiful. The staff were amazing and treated us like Kings! They made our special day the best it could possibly have been. If you are getting married in New Orleans area, they cannot be beat.

2015-09-30T10:22:25 Response from the vendor

Thom & Lucas~ We enjoyed celebrating with both of you and your families. The relationship you share is so special and we wanted your day to be the same! Thank you for your kind words~ Amie & Fran

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Lynn D

My review is ridiculously belated, however, I wanted to share that The Rose Garden was absolutely perfect for my daughter's and son in law's wedding reception! The venue was gorgeous!!! The food was delicious!!! The drinks were delicious!! The staff were attentive!! Amie and... Read More Fran were absolutely amazing from our first meeting to the night of the reception!! EVERYTHING WAS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!!

2017-08-01T10:40:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this sweet review! We love all of our Rose Garden families! Keep in touch~ Amie

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Hannah H

From start to finish, the incredibly knowledgable, friendly, and professional staff at The Rose Garden were a blessing to work with. We worried about nothing and had full confidence that they were taking great care of us. The food, DJ, and overall atmosphere was fantastic! We... Read More will recommend The Rose Garden with highest praise to all engaged couples we know. Thank you so much to Mrs. Fran, Amie, and everyone at The Rose Garden for giving us a wedding reception we will cherish forever!

2017-07-22T11:29:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you for this sweet review! Keep in touch~ Amie & Fran

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Diana D

The entire staff at The Rose Garden was absolutely wonderful! Tommy and I were completely worry free when it came to our reception, thanks to all the help from the awesome staff at The Rose Garden. It was an amazing night that we will never forget...Absolutely everything we... Read More could have dreamed of!

2017-07-20T11:24:45 Response from the vendor

Diana~ We loved celebrating with you and Tommy! Thank you for the sweet review and keep in touch! ~Amie

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Angel S

My overall experience at the Rose Garden was phenomenal,Fran and Amie went above and beyond to meet all of our needs everything was BEAUTIFUL and professionally done,we would recommend this venue to everyone!!!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Christina W

Fran and Amie were awesome. Our wedding was beautiful and way better than I dreamed it would be. they made my dreams a reality I would recommend anyone to go to the Rose Garden you will not be disappointed.

2017-06-07T19:37:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you for this wonderful review! Keep in touch~ Amie & Fran

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Bryan S

Fran and Amie went above beyond to ensure my wife and I had everything we wanted on our ape I am day. They made the process very easy and helped us every step of the way. The wedding was gorgeous and exceeded all of my expectations.

2017-06-07T11:29:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your sweet words! ~Amie & Fran

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Bryan S

Reviewed on 4/25/2017

I want to thank you for the most beautiful wedding reception ever! You definitely exceeded our expectations. I have received so many compliments on your venue, your food, your kindness and attention to detail.. Many said it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to. The... Read More bride, groom, parents, siblings and guests were all beyond words. Yesterday Wayne and I ate the rest of the food that the kids didn’t eat and believe me they are so picky that we got lucky! LOL I still cannot get over the beauty of it all, the love they have for each other is amazing and I’m ready for the next chapter. Many have inquired and I have highly recommended this venue to them. I hope I get invited to a wedding there soon! LOL Warmest regards and gratitude, Sylvia & Wayne Dragon and family

2017-04-25T14:40:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind review Sylvia & Wayne! We loved celebrating with Ciara & Jeff! Please keep in touch~ Amie

Reviewed on 2/11/2017 Bethany B

The Rose Garden truly overdelivered on our wedding reception. My husband and I did not have to worry about a single detail and were able to enjoy our reception to the fullest with our guests. The food was amazing and prepared to our tatse! So many of our guests raved about the... Read More food and the amazing selection. We planned for 200 guests, and the reception space very comfortably held us all and provided seating at tables for most of our guests. We had the time of our lives and felt as though the Rose Garden appreciated having us there.

2017-02-11T15:49:08 Response from the vendor

Bethany & Michael~ it was so special celebrating with y'all and your adorable family! Thank you for your review, it truly means the world to us! Please keep in touch~ Amie & Fran

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 J H

Absolutely phenomenal! I don't even know how to begin to put in words how happy we are that we chose the Rose Garden as our reception venue. Our wedding reception was the evening of December 10th, and we couldn't have been more satisfied with our experience. This family owned... Read More and operated business is truly an asset to the Greater New Orleans area. Mrs. Fran and Amie were with us every step of the way. We always felt well informed and that we could ask questions at any time. To say that they were delightful to work with is an understatement. The food is delicious, the venue is beautiful, and the serving staff was friendly and professional. The prices are very reasonable as well. The packages include DJ services, and Mr. Keith did an excellent job providing the music for our reception. We had many guests traveling from all parts of the country, and we received so many compliments from everyone on their Rose Garden experience. I would absolutely recommend the Rose Garden to anyone needing a reception venue! Thank you to the Tusa family for making our wedding day so special!

2017-01-08T16:03:19 Response from the vendor

Jillian & Justin~ y'all are such a sweet, amazing couple! Jillian we enjoyed working along side both you & your mom the whole journey! Thank you for this wonderfully kind review! Please keep in touch~ Fran & Amie

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Maria B

Our celebration at The Rose Garden was wonderful. The staff was so attentive and the space looked wonderful. The pass around food was amazing. Our guest had a spectacular time as well. Thank you to The Rose Garden and their staff.

2016-12-06T15:59:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you Maria & Chris! We loved celebrating with y'all! Amie

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Melanie C

Our wedding was Awesome!!! As you can see in the pictures, it was a very fun wedding. :D The Rose Garden did an amazing job meeting every need/want, answered every question we had along the way and the food was amazing!!!!

2016-12-02T12:34:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Melanie & Robby!

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Joslin J

I wanted to write a review on my experience with The Rose Garden which can seem odd because my wedding isn't until February. Since the day I first met Fran she has every bit of amazing and sweet. Her and Amie ALWAYS are there for any question and concerns I have. They send out... Read More reminders and additional information when needed. If I had to refer a couple to a Venue it would definitely be here. I really look forward to my wedding, I know that they are going to make it as perfect and I want it... Joslin

2016-12-02T09:21:49 Response from the vendor

Joslin you are so sweet! I know February 11th is going to be amazing! Happy planning~ Amie

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Sarah C

This is the only option if you are having a wedding/reception! No worries for catering food, or decorating the reception hall, they do it all for you!! Amazing service! Amazing advice if you need any help!! I felt at home when talking with Amie and Fran! My wedding night was a... Read More dream come true thanks to the Rose Garden! Everything is beautiful, DJ included, photo booth, even voucher toward Haydel's Bakery!

2016-11-30T07:13:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the sweet review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your wedding day! Please give me a hint of which of my wonderful couples left this awesome review:) ~Amie

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Jessica P

The rose garden was everything we hoped it would be and MORE! This venue and the family that runs it are truly beautiful inside and out! AND THE FOOD! All our guests kept talking about was how amazing the food was!!! Fran and Aime are literally the best, they are so on top of... Read More everything that they make it impossible for you to forget a single detail! Nicole was out attendant the whole night of our wedding and she was awesome!!! We recommend anyone looking into venues to book with the rose garden! Thank y'all again for everything from the bottom of our hearts!!!! ~ Ronnie & Jessica

2016-11-18T11:04:18 Response from the vendor

Our 11/11 couple, we loved celebrating with both of you and your families! Thank you for the sweet review and please keep in touch Jessica & Ronnie! We wish you many years of love and celebration~ Fran & The Rose Garden crew

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Jessica N

The owners of the Rose Garden are amazing. Since the first day I went in to look at the venue, they have been hands on and there to answer every question. They sent monthly reminders of items I needed to get done for the wedding, which I loved! Aimee was especially helpful and... Read More full of knowledge and experience. This family and venue made my wedding perfect. I had no stress or freak outs because they handled everything so professionally and made the experience so perfect. My guests left full from the delicious food served continuously throughout the night and the bartenders were fun and fast to get the guests their drinks. Everyone left happy, especially myself and the groom. The photobooth pictures were very funny and I loved reading the comments left in the booklet we got to take home. Also, they gave us a dvd of the pictures which was fun to watch the next day. They were very easy to work with if you are a bride on a budget. The Rose Garden staff and owners were far better than any other place I looked at in the New Orleans area. ( I looked at over 6) If I could go back and do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing!

2016-11-07T11:09:01 Response from the vendor

Jessica & Alex~ Thank you for such a sweet review! We loved working with you; Y'all were always so fun to plan and talk with! We are so excited and honored to be a part of your special day! Please keep in touch~ Amie &... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Lindsay B

Me and my husband were will taken cared of by our personally server named Nicole! She was amazing! Amie and Fran are the sweetest people ever! They are very organized and are great at what they do! The Rose Garden is gorgeous and big! The food was delicious! The DJ was very good... Read More too! All the servers were great and very nice! We felt like royalty!

2016-11-03T07:30:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you Lindsay & Anthony for your sweet review! We had a blast celebrating with y'all and loved the special touches like your father daughter dance and the sweet "little bride" cake for your daughter! Please keep in touch! Amie

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 DaNiaga D

I absolutely loved my wedding!! This venue exceeded my expectations!!! It wasn't about the money to them they were truly interested in making my day a night I wouldn't forget. It's ran by a loving family that treats you like family. From the time I put down my deposit until days... Read More after the wedding they were attentive. Always making sure we were ok down to making sure we took care of things like our marriage license. The day of we had an attendant that never left of side during the reception. It blew me away after I said my vows & walked out in the foyer to see the owner sitting there holding my grandson. She walked him out & sat with him so that his noises calling for me wouldn't interrupt the ceremony. That warmed my heart. I never been to a venue that takes that much pride into making sure your day is perfect!!! The food was awesome!!! I have guest still telling me how great it was. Every detail was taking care of for me. I dropped all my decor off & they did an excellent job in creating beautiful & elegant tables. Wow is all I can say because when I look at my pictures I smile all over again!! I would definitely recommend them to anyone I know that's getting married. Job well done!!!

2016-10-21T14:47:09 Response from the vendor

Wow! Thank you Dee & Roman for this amazing review! We loved planning and celebrating with both of you! Keep in touch~ Fran & Amie

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Jasmine P

Rose Garden and leaders exemplify professionalism, the essence of New Orleans, kindness, excellence, etc. They understand the ends and outs of carrying out a successful wedding and definitely has the special touch of making the wedding party feel like family. The service, food,... Read More personality, business sense of Rose Garden, its leaders and workers sets the bar high for others in this field. Everything was superb and I will recommend Rose Garden to any and everyone. Rose Garden really created a beautiful atmosphere for me and my husband to have the wedding reception of our dreams. I will be forever grateful for Rose Garden and its team for allowing my day to be more special than imagined.

2016-10-20T17:51:33 Response from the vendor

Jasmine & Robert, thank you for your wonderful and sweet review!We are so happy to have helped to make your wedding reception such a wonderful memory! Please keep in touch and we hope to get to see you at the ARC Gala next summer! ~Fran... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/05/2016

Our wedding was there September 17, 2016. We had toured several venues before we met with this one, but from the beginning I knew they were THE ONE! They were above and beyond helpful from the beginning of wedding plans, and Fran and Amie assisted me with things that I didn't... Read More even realize I needed. On the wedding night, the attendant who helped me was AMAZING. Words cannot describe how awesome she was to me, and all of my guests even noticed her. I have to admit that I was a mess with staying on schedule and in top of "the little things," but she put me at ease a made sure I had everything I needed. I wish I had her with me the entire day! LOL. Since the wedding, I've had multiple comments from my guests about how the food was so delicious and the amount was neverending. They even joked about gaining 10 pounds just from the amount of food that was provided at the wedding. Ha! I would definitely recommend The Rose Garden to another Bridesmaid in the future, and would keep them in mind the next time I have to throw a big party. Thank YOU! ❤- Karen & Patrick Binnings

2016-10-05T17:39:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you Karen & Patrick for the sweet review! We loved celebrating with both of you! Thank you for sharing your most special day! ~ Amie

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Litany B

My husband and I absolutely LOVED this venue and each of its staff members! First and foremost, the value was amazing. They have package options to for every budget. The package we selected included all of the food, premium open bar, photobooth, DJ, wedding cake, and table... Read More linens and decor. We had 300 guests, and people keep telling us how excellent the food was and how they couldn't believe that it just kept coming all night! The staff are professional and personable. They are quick to respond to any questions and make you feel like yours is the only wedding they have booked. By the time our big day arrived, we felt like they were family. I highly recommend this reception venue!

2016-07-13T10:56:19 Response from the vendor

Litany~ You are so sweet, thank you for taking the time to share your review! We loved celebrating with y'all and hope to keep in touch for a long time! ~Amie & Fran

Reviewed on 6/04/2016

Andrew and I had our reception at The Rose Garden, it was everything we hoped/wanted and more! For this being a once in a lifetime event we honestly wouldn't have wanted it anywhere else, they exceeded our expectations. We would love to thank The Rose Garden for making our day... Read More all the more special. Happy thoughts from the Happy Couple! Corinne and Andrew

2016-06-06T09:46:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Corinne & Andrew! We loved sharing in your special day! ~ The Rose Garden Family

Vic & Fran Tusa

Fran & Vic Tusa have been married and working hand in hand, in the restaurant business, for over 40 years! Vic, the head chef, takes pride in preparing tantalizing dishes, that your guests will be raving about! While Fran's passion is helping all of our couples to have the most amazing experience in preparing for and celebrating their wedding day! Our family's goal is to help you make memories of a life time!