Seamstress: Custom Designs and Alterations

Whether you need alterations to a gown purchased off the rack or want to design something truly unique, I can help! I specialize in period pieces, special designs for the men in your party and unusual sizes.

Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Fashion Services, Fashion

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Camille R

Heather is PHENOMENAL! I explained my vision and she executed it perfectly. She went above and beyond and stayed within my budget. I just love her and her work. She made me look like a perfect princess on my wedding day.

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Camille R

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Lauren J

Heather is a fantastic seamstress! I came to her with a pretty short turnaround time on my wedding dress (just over a month) and she was able to alter it very quickly. Not only did she alter what I was aware of (as someone with no sewing experience!) but she noticed things that... Read More could have been better done in the first place (pearls on the straps did not cover all the strap material) and offered to fix them for me - she did a great job with adding the pearls as well. She also was able to alter an adorable giraffe jumpsuit that I've needed fixed for a few months to perfection! I conveniently wore that for wedding festivities as well :D She's friendly, efficient, and a delight to work with.

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Heather M

I can’t say enough about this amazing woman!! I am the extreme when it comes to things being perfect, especially on my wedding day and Heather Gabriel succeeded any expectations I had! She not only customized my dress with but took an ordinary traditional dress and made my... Read More vision come to life! She was efficient, quick, personable, and very professional. If you saw my pictures of my dress it would take your breathe away! Imagine romantic Moulin Rouge meets Victorian Goth, deep reds,purples, and black of course! Not only did she customize it but she designed it! I told her the look I wanted and she worked her magic and it was perfect! I also work crazy hours and she accommodated me which is never the case at a bridal store! VIP service! She even gave me advice on undergarments for this particular dress and she did all my bridesmaids dresses too in a very short period of time; not to mention one was preggo and one had to be take in three sizes! You would have never known!! Her studio is the most quaint little boutique feel! Definitely VIP service! I can’t tell you enough how much I was dreading the alterations process of the wedding and it was my favorite! I would recommend her to anyone I know. She is definitely 100% a genius at her craft! There isn’t enough stars to choose for the experience I had!! Well done Heather Gabriel!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Jim W

She is super talented, creative and fast ... a magician with fabric!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Lauren K

Heather made me an absolutely stunning memory quilt for my parents for Christmas last year. I gave her a pile of baby clothes that my two girls had worn from birth to toddler (they’re only 5 and 6 now) and asked her to work her magic. Boy did she ever. The layout was beautiful,... Read More and the accent fabrics complimented each and every piece. My parents were thrilled! I have already asked her to make one for each of my girls for when they go to college with clothes spanning from birth through senior year of high school. I also plan on having a dress made for a special occasion I have coming up, and there’s no one else I would even consider doing it. You can tell she works love into every project, and that’s one of my favorite things about her. She’s definitely worth every penny, but the best part is that she is really reasonable when it comes to cost. Excellent work for an excellent price! Unfortunately, I was married before I met her so I didn’t get to use her for my wedding dress. But my 10-year anniversary is only two years away, and guess who will be asking Heather to make a new dress to renew her vows?

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Rudy M

Heather is an outstanding seamstress. She can alter anything! Most recently, we had a rush order of 70+ custom / personalized sports jerseys for our company open house and she work day and night with the custom fabric vendor to get them sewed (including correcting some of the... Read More collar blanks) and delivered to us on time and neatly prepared. Needless to say, the employees were over the top and have worn their jerseys to multiple functions. We will definitely use the Singing Seamstress again for any custom work, as she has tremendous pride in her work and takes customer service to a new level.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Shelly J

She met with me to help me decide how to create a memory quilt of my daf’f shirts after he passed. I was very emotional but she was patient with me as we had to keep choosing more and more fabric. She even gave me a minute as I stepped away to wipe away my tears. Then the... Read More miracle occurred, she sent me my first picture of the quilt. All I can say is, it was so beautiful in the beginning stages, and it became more beautiful because she sent me pictures throughout the entire process. She created the most amazing quilt for me and she made 6 coordinating pillows from the left over material. She is just so creative and listens when you want something special done and if you are struggling understanding the entire quilting process, she helps you understand what is going to happen and updates you throughout the process. . Overall, my experience with her was amazing and I already have plans for her to create a few more items for me. I am lucky to have found such an honest and kind creator.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Ron D

My husband was very please with the 3 shirts that Heather made for us. They were of the Christmas theme as he is a Santa Claus. Workmanship was outstanding. Fit very well. Very professional and we received them even sooner than they were promised. We will be ordering more... Read More clothing items from Heather. We are very glad we found Heather as it is extremely hard to find someone who is as skilled as Heather. Thanks for a job extremely well done.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Bruce R

Heather is amazing! I gave her a vision for a custom Santa suit and it surpassed all of my expectations. I will definitely be commissioning her for more. She is simply the best!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017

I am a short lady who needs some extra help with tailored items. I asked Heather to make a black blazer for me. Best time and effort I could have made!!! The jacket is goregous and I am happy it's cooler and there are many opportunities to wear it!!!! Thank you Singing... Read More Seamstress!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Paloma V

Heather is just simply amazing! I took my wedding dress to her for alterations and she just did an amazing job! When I read all her good reviews I knew I had to take her my dress! From now on I will only let her do alterations on any of my future gowns etc. Thank you so much... Read More Heather!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Samantha H

Heather was AMAZING! She took my wedding dress that was pretty to STUNNING by adding my own customizations (That weren't simple cut and dry requests) to make the MOST PERFECT dress for me! I couldn't be happier with my decision to go with her! She is a magician and so nice and... Read More fun to work with and I hope I can work with her again!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Meghan J

Mrs. Heather is not only an amazing seamstress, but a beautiful and inviting spirit. She delivered her services an extremely professional and efficient manner. The turnaround time for my wedding dress was quick with a perfect fit. The cost was very reasonable and the work was... Read More excellent. She will now be my personal seamstress for all of my needs. Thank You, from Meghan , a truly grateful bride

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 m b

Words cannot express how thankful I was to find Heather. I was trying to find the best quality yet affordable seamstress and she is seriously the BEST! She updated me every step of the way, she would make sure I liked something before she'd do it. The sparkly belt (don't know... Read More the correct term) that I purchased to add to my dress ended up being too short but she went to the store, picked up some fabric, and she made it look like it was part of the belt. My dress looked absolutely stunning. I am so glad I trusted her with my dress. She is so friendly, sweet, and genuinely put in love when altering my wedding dress. She actually cares about each client vs the big alteration places that just go through your wedding dress like it's an everyday dress and they charge out the wazoo too. My worries were gone with Heather. Thank you so so much!!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Leah C

Heather is amazing. She took the time and listened to my suggestions and was able to finish work in timely manner. She also took the time to answer all my questions and be accommodating to my hectic work schedule so I would work with her. She really goes the extra mile to... Read More make sure you are happy with your dress. I highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Elizabeth B

I wish I could give her 100 stars. Heather goes above and beyond to make dreams come true. I decided to wear my mothers dress from 1985 and it needed some revamping! She made my moms dress into a dream dress! I'm so glad I found her! I recommend the Singing Seamstress to... Read More EVERYONE!!! She can do it all!!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Kiersten M

I love Heather's work! I brought her my crazy, overly beaded Lazaro gown and she was able to work her magic on it. It fits perfectly and has a bustle that complements it as well. She does great work and has the best pricing. I completely recommend her to any other Houston... Read More Brides!

2017-07-25T12:54:57 Response from the vendor

The dress looked spectacular on you! I can't wait to see your bridal portrait :)

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Tiffeny C

Heather is the most patient seamstress in the world, dealing with making 12 bridesmaids dresses, (some out of town ) ,, and myself having Bride brain, she was VERY understanding. The fabric was difficult , she made my vision come to life! Thank you, thank you Heather for being... Read More so professional and understanding!!! !

2017-07-25T12:55:46 Response from the vendor

It was a year long journey with you and your bridesmaids and I'm happy to say that I made a friend. Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of your very special day :)

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Sammy B

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am a very petite lady and even with the dress being 00, it had to be taken up and in and Heather did an amazing job! I was worried that it would be difficult to alter the dress since it is completely lace and has a keyhole back but Heather had... Read More several tricks up her sleeve that she was able to use to ensure that the look of the dress did not change as alterations were made. I love it! It fits perfectly! And her prices beat every other store in Houston! Thank you, Heather!

2017-07-25T12:57:55 Response from the vendor

I love working on dresses from that designer and yours looked fabulous on you when we got through! I can't wait to see your bridal portrait :)

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Elejah S

I can go on for days about how amazing Heather is. She had my dress ready in just TWO days! She's so passionate about her work and her personality is just delightful. I couldn't thank her enough for the amazing job she did on my dress!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Chelsea L

We love Heather! She has done custom costuming work for me and my daughter - both for stage work and for ballroom exhibitions. She is skilled with all kinds of fabric needs, is great about working with your design needs, and even has reasonable rates, both for advance notice... Read More and rush jobs. I have sent many friends and professional contacts to her, and they have all been so happy with my recommendation and her work. She is absolutely fabulous!

2017-07-25T12:56:36 Response from the vendor

You ladies are so much fun to work with! Thank you for your kind review :)

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Alina C

Heather did an amazing job on my dress! The dress was missing a few pieces as I bought it off the rack from a gently used store, and Heather worked on getting the dress in better shape, and also made some adjustments to the straps, which gave the dress a totally different... Read More back/strap look. She also made some great suggestions (such as sewing on the belt) so that it was easier for me to deal with the day of the wedding. Thanks so much, Heather! I definitely recommend her.

Reviewed on 4/06/2017 Carly M

There are not enough words to explain how amazing Heather is!! I'm new to the Houston area and didn't have any idea where to start looking for someone to trust with such an important task. A couple of searches and I saw amazing reviews for the singing seamstress. My dress... Read More needed some serious work. It was probably 4 sizes to big and had a bolero that also needed to be altered quite a bit. She hit the nail on the head at the first fitting! I'm glad I listened to the reviews. I am so impressed with her work!! I already hired her again to alter another dress :) thanks Heather!!

Reviewed on 3/13/2017 Christina S

Heather did an awesome job altering my wedding dress and veil! When I bought the dress it was about 2-4 sizes too big so there was a lot of work to be done to it. I also had her add a belt and she did the bustle. Everything turned out wonderful and my dress fit like a glove! So... Read More happy with everything!!

Heather Gabriel

As far back as I can remember, I've been the one altering clothes for dolls, for myself, for my friends. Off the rack can be boring so I love adding embellishments too! It just seemed a natural thing that I graduate to doing it for a living (and I've been at this for over 30 years!). I will tell you a secret ... there's nothing like having a client, bride, groom or otherwise, look at themselves in the mirror wearing something that I've either made or altered and seeing the look of absolute glee grace their beautiful faces. Makes my week and I love helping people feel fabulous!