The Skybox At DiamondView

San Diego, CA

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Ultimate Skybox at Diamond View Towers is a unique San Diego, California, venue for hosting an event. Located on the tower’s top floor, the Ultimate Skybox offers guests spectacular views of the city’s skyline, the bay and Coronado, as well as a view down onto Pecto Park. With the ability to accommodate a wedding ceremony, reception, bridal shower or a rehearsal dinner, the venue has versatile space that can be set up to meet a wedding couple's needs.

The Ultimate Skybox can accommodate up to 160 guests for a standing reception, depending on how the floor space is set up. For a seated dinner taking place between November and May, the venue can hold up to 100 guests. However, should the couple wish for a dance floor, only 80 guests can be accommodated for a seated dinner.

For events taking place between June and October, the venue can cater to 150 guests for a seated dinner. When a dance floor is included in the event’s floor plan, the venue can only hold 130 guests.

The venue also has a patio for guests to enjoy, which offers a refreshing view of San Diego’s skyline and is an ideal spot for an urban photo shoot. A 12-foot-long outdoor fireplace and designer lounge furniture inside are all available for guests to use.

The staff at the Ultimate Skybox provide a preferred vendors list to couples wishing to rent the space, and any food, bar and rental companies contributing to the event must be selected from this list. Other vendors, such as those supplying music or flowers, are permitted as long as they meet the building’s insurance requirements. Couples are free to bring in alcohol, although a licensed bartender must pour any alcohol being served. The venue doesn't charge a corkage fee.

All events are limited to six hours and must be completed by 11:59 p.m. Setup and breakdown times are included in this six-hour time slot. Staff at the Ultimate Skybox provide these services in the rental fee.

Smoking is not allowed on the patio or inside the venue space. Guests wishing to smoke must go downstairs and outside to a designated smoking area.

The venue offers three 42-inch flat screen monitors in the main room, as well as a large 9-foot by 12-foot drop-down projection screen, which couples are free to use during the event. The projector can accommodate a DVD or a laptop presentation. In addition, there are two 42-inch monitors in the bar area, however, these only have cable TV access.

The Ultimate Skybox excels at hosting memorable events with unique add-ons.

• State-of-the-art sound system and lighting
  • A large exclusive bar area
  • Blackout window shades for added privacy
  • Customized floor plans
  • Private event security

Stand out over and above on your wedding day!

Located on the top floor of the Diamond View Tower, you will find a one of a kind event space - The Ultimate Skybox. The Ultimate Skybox has breath taking views of the San Diego City skyline and looks directly into Petco Park. Call today and let's discuss your vision of your dream wedding!

Rooftop

Planning, Service Staff

350 10th Avenue, San Diego, CA (619) 993-0710

Great Venue for a modern wedding

Reviewed on 5/16/2014 Ernie G

When looking for a venue for our wedding, my partner and I were looking for something tasteful and modern. The Skybox fit the bill beautifully. The venue overlooks Petco park and has great views of the San Diego skyline as well as Coronado and the bridge. On our wedding day,... Read More there was a game at Petco and it was a great addition to the energy of our party. In addition, there was a special event at Petco so we also got fireworks which was completely awesome. The people who manage the Skybox are great and Louisa, our wedding coordinator, made sure that the whole day ran like clockwork. We were guests at our own wedding and didn't have to lift a finger. At the end of the evening, the staff packed our car with the wedding gifts and left over items so all we had to do was get in our car and drive away. If you want a modern setting with great views of San Diego, and an incredible staff, The Ultimate Skybox is it.

Spectacular venue for a wedding

Reviewed on 5/05/2014 Meg R

The Ultimate Skybox was the very first venue we visited at the beginning of planning our wedding, and I'm glad it was. We knew immediately that it was the right place for our event. We worked with Pilialoha and Louisa from Creative Affairs, and they were very helpful... Read More throughout the entire planning process. We had a limited budget as well as a DIY mindset, and Pili and Louisa didn't try to push us in any other direction. All of our guests were breath-taken after entering the venue the night of the wedding. Between the amazing views and the Padres game going on that night, they all were fully impressed and had a fantastic time. The Skybox is great because you have a wide variety of vendors from which to chose, and there are no minimums in terms of food or rental orders. Also, we really liked that we could provide the alcohol and wine for our open bar -- which really helped us with our budget. We had an amazing night, which we'll remember forever. And we would highly recommend the Skybox and Creative Affairs for any wedding or special event!

Best.Wedding.Ever.

Reviewed on 4/10/2014 Julie B

What can I say, I feel like the luckiest girl in the world! We had our wedding at the Skybox on March 22, 2014 and it was everything I wanted and more. Let's start off by saying the the Creative Affairs team is simply amazing. We had Pilialoha as our event coordinator and... Read More then Louisa as our onsite coordinator. Both of them were fantastic. They made everything so easy. I was a little scared of the whole wedding planning process in the beginning. I had no idea where to start. Pilialoha made herself available any time, any day of the week for our calls or emails. She always responded promptly with exactly the help and information we needed. She provided vendor referrals, a budgeting spreadsheet, checklists, timelines etc. Pili took a scary, overwhelming process and made it so easy and fun! Louisa did an amazing job making sure the Skybox was transformed into the space we had envisioned. The night of the reception, Louisa was so attentive and wonderful. I was so busy chatting with guests, I was having a hard time finding any time to eat. Louisa asked me what I wanted from the stations and made me a plate. Every time I moved to another area of the room, she made sure my plate followed! Louisa is incredibly sweet and personable too. I enjoyed chatting with her more so than some of the guests. Professional, attentive, sweet, just wonderful! The Skybox as a venue is simply magical. I wish I could have been there when guests arrived and first got a glance at the panoramic views. Throughout the evening I was asked by numerous guests, "How on earth did you find this place?" and "This is the best wedding I've ever been to!" There are no words to describe how beautiful the sunset was over the bay. At night, the Skybox transformed into a twinkling box of light above the city. A fantastic venue indeed!

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Valerie F

This site is positively GORGEOUS. Our organization booked Skybox for a conference party, and our guests were in awe of how beautiful this venue is. Also, Stephanie, our venue coordinator was super responsive and so on top of everything, that we were actually able to enjoy our... Read More own event (imagine that). Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 4/28/2017 Holly C

The Ultimate Skybox was the perfect venue to host our Corporate Event. It is a unique and modern event space with amazing views of San Diego. Our coordinator, Rachael was wonderful and very responsive during the entire planning process. I highly recommend hosting your next event... Read More at the Skybox!

2017-04-28T22:55:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the wonderful review. We hope to work with you again soon!

Reviewed on 4/08/2017 Ashley M

We had the best experience having our wedding here on April 2, 2017. This was actually the first venue at which we looked, and the only reason we didn't sign on right away was me saying "we cant go with the first place we see." But we found ourselves comparing every other space... Read More to this one, and we called them soon after to reserve the date. Everyone at Creative Affairs (which manages events at the venue) was fabulous and so willing to work with us at every twist and turn. Whenever we had a question or issue, the crew was willing to accommodate and make it work. And when the big day came, everyone commented on how beautiful the space is and what a wonderful event it was. We were grateful for the flexibility to bring in our own vendors, but that they had a list of preferred vendors. We ended up going with some of their preferred vendors and we were so glad they were familiar with the site, it made things so much easier. Overall, it was a magical experience and a perfect day.

Reviewed on 2/18/2017 Summer L

My husband and I grew up in California but spent a lot of time living in NY and D.C. For our venue we wanted a location that was a good combination of west and east coast. The Skybox fit that perfectly, it had a laid back vibe with the views of the Coronado Bridge and Petco... Read More park and a patio that had a great lounge feel. Since our wedding was going to be small we wanted to make sure the venue worked with our wedding size of 50--60 people. The Ultimate Skybox worked out great and all of our guests said it was one of the best venues they had been to. The venue along with the Creative Affairs team helped us have a perfect wedding in December.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Stacey E

We don't even know where to begin!! From the very moment we stepped into the venue, we knew it was the perfect reception space for our wedding and to show off this beautiful city. Rachael, from Creative Affairs, was our coordinator throughout the entire process, making sure... Read More vendors, time lines, little details and the like were all in order. Creative Affairs services came with the venue and they were so great about letting us coming back to see the venue with other vendors or family when we needed to along the planning stages. Rachael even called the night before to check in and see if I needed anything, and greeted us on our wedding night with our signature drinks upon entering. Her calm nature and confidence was certainly a plus! We feel so lucky to have been able to work with her, and the rest of our vendors through Skybox. It was truly a dream team and we are happy to say that literally everything was just perfect! Everything from decor, timing, seating, set up...it was all just spot on! Thank you again for all your hard work and for making our wedding day the most memorable day of our lives. <3 S + A

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Sophie K

September 3rd was unquestionably the very best day of our lives. From my first inquiry, our experience was so very professional but what happened in the 9-months that followed was truly remarkable. We visited the venue (sometimes announced, other times unannounced) on multiple... Read More occasions, always with a warm reception. Sarah Finley (our assigned coordinator) became a very trusted resource and virtually a member of our family since being assigned to our "team". Although throughout the entire process she was available to us, even meeting in-person early on, the final 3-months were incredible. We had no idea what we were doing and she guided us, reassured us, and supported us in each way we needed. On the day of, she made us and our families feel incredibly comfortable and at ease. Countless people commented on her amazing attitude, attentiveness, responsibility, and calm demeanor throughout the entire evening - there are few words to describe how much we appreciate Sarah, the breathtaking Ultimate Skybox, and the memories we created.

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 MJ B

You think it's beautiful from the pictures - but I promise you will be even more blown away by visiting in-person! It was the perfect place for our wedding and once we saw the place, nothing else compared. It is modern and gorgeous. Not to mention, they provide you with a day-of... Read More coordinator! We worked with Rachael, who was amazing; I honestly don't know what I would have done without her. Everyone at our wedding was completed awed by the Skybox. Let's be honest, it's a pretty obvious choice!

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Lisa D

Planning a wedding is stressful enough as it is. Planning a wedding in an unfamiliar location across the country introduces a whole new level of challenges. Choosing the Ultimate Skybox and having Creative Affairs was the absolute best decision. Rachael was the coordinator... Read More assigned to us and we could not have been more pleased. She brought so much experience. She is very well connected with the community and the vendors. Her attention to detail was second to none. To top it off, she is such a pleasure to work with. It felt as if she was completely dedicated to our event for the 2 months leading up to the big day. The venue speaks for itself – it is impressive! Your guests will undoubtedly enjoy the view of the San Diego Skyline. Our wedding was classy; it was beautiful, and so much fun. Thank you Rachael and Creative Affairs!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016

As mother of the bride I couldn't have been happier that my daughter and her fiancé chose the Skybox. What an amazing venue for an afternoon ceremony and evening reception. The ease of working with the staff was a pleasure, especially Sarah who was fantastic. She made sure... Read More to keep me in the loop on all the emails and met with me and our decor person and caterer several times. We asked for a set up that had not been done before and they were so easy to work with and accommodated us at every turn. I'm still getting calls from guests telling me what a wonderful venue and wedding. Thank you Skybox and Sarah Finley!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Cristie M

My husband and I got married here on April 22, 2016 and it was the most perfect day and night. Sarah Finley from Creative Affairs was a pleaser to work with and was soo on top of it . Even in my "Bridezilla" moments, she kept her calm and looking back, I could not have asked... Read More for a better wedding day and event. We had both the ceremony and wedding at the venue. While logistically this made the most sense for our guests, it did take quite a bit of planning to pull off both events under one roof, but the room transition was handled seamlessly while the guests enjoyed cocktail hour. The Ultimate Skybox is an absolutely stunning venue with amazing views, floor to ceiling windows and a huge patio. I really liked how everyone was close by which made for a very fun and intimate wedding. We definitely were trying to stick to a strict budget and felt like I was not compromising on anything with my wedding at this venue. I was able to pull off the wedding of my dreams all with in my limited budget.

Reviewed on 6/08/2016

This is a spectacular venue for a wedding, not only because of the tremendous view, but the services of Sarah Finley from Creative Affairs was above and beyond what I could ever have expected. She worked seamlessly with my florist, caterer (Authentic Flavors -Joy is awesome!)... Read More and our band. We threw together a surprise wedding in 2 weeks and Sarah and her team kept me and my husband smiling the whole time. It was a complete success and I will definetely book the venue again!

Reviewed on 5/01/2016 Victoria Y

VIEW: Getting married? Do yourself a favor and just come check it out. The view is the best in San Diego, and it's a great way to wow guests right away. SPACE: The room itself is great, if a little board-roomish. To compensate for this, we hired a furniture company to come... Read More bring quirky funky chairs and couches, which more than compensated for it. Made it all a really great experience. SERVICE: With the rental comes a day-of coordinator, assigned 3 months before the wedding itself. Ours was a charming young woman named Chauncey, who worked with us every step of the way, holding us to a checklist, asking us questions we didn't even know we needed to answer, and basically guiding us through the entire thing. We cannot say enough nice things about Chauncey, personally or professionally. I have no idea what kind of experience it would've been without her, and I shudder to even consider it. So much of the ease and flow of the entire day was because she was back there running the thing from start to finish. Couldn't have been better.

Reviewed on 4/29/2016

I wanted to give a big special thanks to the Creative Affairs Team. Ever since the very beginning, I received such a warm welcome from the staff that I have met. As a new bride to be, and with my husband overseas serving our country, I felt so overwhelmed having to plan a... Read More wedding on my own. However, Chauncey and Rachael helped walk me through every step of the way through the planning process of a wedding. They were comforting, professional and an expert in their trade. As I toured the Ultimate Sky Box, I knew that this was where I wanted my wedding to be. It was perfect and I knew my fiance would love it just the same. On the day of the wedding, I was a frantic bride. I was apprehensive with the thought that something could go wrong. They assured me that everything would be fine and as I entered the venue, it took my breath away. It was absolutely gorgeous! Chauncey did such a great job taking charge as our coordinator. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding and it would not have been possible without the Creative Affairs Team!

Reviewed on 4/29/2016

The Ultimate Skybox was a perfect venue for our wedding ceremony and reception. It is so versatile, and Chauncey and Pili from Creative Affairs were so helpful on our wedding day and throughout the planning process. I would recommend this venue to anyone having a party. It is... Read More such a happy and beautiful place.

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Shannon H

Could not have asked for a better experience with Creative Affairs at the Skybox! I plan events for my work, and am pretty particular about how things run; I never thought I would feel comfortable handing control of my wedding over to someone else! But after meeting with... Read More Chauncey, I knew she'd caught my vision immediately, and I felt totally at ease letting her and her team take over. I can honestly say that my wedding day was 100% stress-free because of their work! After the wedding was over, I heard about a couple of potential big issues that could have derailed the whole party--a couple of guests drinking too much can ruin things quickly---but the fact that I had zero sense of any potential issues the night of is a true testament to Creative Affairs. They handled everything so professionally and quickly that no one had any idea! Cannot speak highly enough about Creative Affairs and their team. I wish we could do it all over again!!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Kimberly N

We had our wedding at the Ultimate Skybox and there could not have been a better venue for us! This venue is by far the most gorgeous and modern space for a wedding. When we entered it for the first time I knew we wanted to get married here. I can say I was pretty devastated... Read More that it was forecasted to pour the day of our wedding and we had to move the ceremony inside. However, to my surprise I actually think it was even better inside! The rain turned out to only be a light sprinkle for about a half hour and Rachael our amazing coordinator left the doors open afterwards so our guests could enjoy the patio. Our guests have raved about the view and with it being cold, I think everyone enjoyed being able to stay inside and venture out when they wanted to. I am so grateful our big day was better than perfect and I would recommend the Ultimate Skybox and Creative Affairs to anyone!

Reviewed on 4/19/2016 Taryn B

We love San Diego and the Ultimate Skybox is a perfect wedding ceremony and reception venue in this city! Beautiful atmosphere and fantastic views of downtown San Diego. This venue is no comparison to hotel ballrooms. We traveled from Northern California to have our wedding here... Read More and it was beautiful!

Reviewed on 12/23/2015 Sara C

We fell in love with The Ultimate Skybox from the minute we saw it, and didn't even want to look anywhere else. It was the perfect venue for us. The views are spectacular - our guests were blown away watching the sunset from the venue. The Skybox includes a coordinator, and I... Read More could not be more thankful for ours! Chauncey was amazing for the whole year of planning, keeping us on schedule and reminding us of everything that needed to be done, while making great suggestions and working with all of our vendors. I don't know what I would have done without her on the wedding day - she did everything from making sure the day ran smoothly to helping bustle my dress! This space would probably be difficult to host a large reception in, but ours was small and we did stations rather than a formal plated dinner. It is perfect for that kind of set up. We had such a wonderful wedding, and we are so glad we had it at this venue!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Sarah K

I love the ultimate skybox and I am so thankful we were able to have our wedding reception in this one of a kind venue. My guests were blown away by the spectacular views and outdoor space. We are still getting compliments from guests on how they had never been to a wedding like... Read More it. The Creative Affairs team helped make the event seamless-I got to enjoy my guests and dance because I knew they took care of every detail from set up to break down. Chauncey was a huge lifesaver in keeping me focused while planning. They have a wonderful vendor list with top notch professionals. I was so happy with how everything went that day, book it before someone else does!

Reviewed on 8/27/2015 Michelle G

Had my wedding at The ultimate Skybox and my guests can not stop talking about it!! Everything was perfect! Not only are the space and views amazing, but the customer service throughout the event was great! I have had many major events and this by far was the best! Thanks... Read More Skybox for making the day perfect!!!!

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Diana G

Where to begin, for starters my amazing wedding held place at the ultimate SKYBOX on June 13th, 2015 and I had the pleasure of working with Pilialoha throughout the entire planning process! My fiancé at the time and I met with her to have a tour of the venue and we instantly... Read More fell in love with the location. We gave Pili an idea of what we were looking for and she soon turned our dream in to a reality! She gave us lists of different vendors that could assist us in planning our wedding, which also did an excellent job! Throughout my wedding planning Pili would answer all my questions promptly and was very flexible, Pili truly made my experience amazing and helped me very much seeing that I was concurrently in school as well. As for the wedding day, Jessica was my go to person, and let me say she really impressed my husband and I! Our glasses were always full, she made sure that we ate and was prompt about handling any situation and making sure that everything was set up perfectly! My husband and I really did feel great that day and we have Pili and Jessica to thank for that! Our guests were raving about the venue, the service and the atmosphere! The view at the Sky Box is spectacular and would HIGHLY recommend the venue and Creative affairs! In having this location for our wedding we were also lucky enough to enjoy the watching the Padres beat the Dodgers, and to conclude the game and reception we were showered with FIREWORKS!!!! To me, my wedding truly was a fairy tale! Thank You ladies at Creative Affairs/The Ultimate Sky Box!!!

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Heather G

Amanda and the entire Creative Affairs team made our wedding at the Diamond View Tower perfect! The amount of support and effort they put into our wedding not only gave me piece of mind, but took so much stress off me so that I could focus on my new husband and we could enjoy... Read More our wedding together. From our first meeting, Amanda was a great source of information on all things wedding. We wanted something very urban with a great city view. So, she helped us coordinate our ceremony at Centennial Park followed by our reception at Diamond View Tower. Besides doing the expected wedding coordinator tasks (confirming and reviewing contracts, providing references and suggestions for vendors, hosting venue walk thrus...) Amanda took on so many other roles. She was our go to person for wedding etiquette, our task manager when we were too busy with work, and our voice of reason when we were feeling stressed or torn between two vendors. One of the most memorable things that Amanda did actually took place the day after our wedding. A family friend had lent me the six pence that she wore in her shoe when she married her husband 45 years ago. While at Centennial, the six pence fell out and I thought it was gone forever. Amanda went to the park and helped to look for the six pence. Luckily, they found it, but this shows that even after the ceremony is over, Amanda will be there for her bride and groom in any moment of need. We could not imagine planning any type of event without the help of the Creative Affairs team!