The Skybox At DiamondView

San Diego, CA

Book Your Wedding with The Skybox At DiamondView

A ROOFTOP IN SAN DIEGO, CA

The Ultimate Skybox at Diamond View Towers is a unique San Diego, California, venue for hosting an event. Located on the tower’s top floor, the Ultimate Skybox offers guests spectacular views of the city’s skyline, the bay and Coronado, as well as a view down onto Pecto Park. With the ability to accommodate a wedding ceremony, reception, bridal shower or a rehearsal dinner, the venue has versatile space that can be set up to meet a wedding couple's needs.

The Ultimate Skybox can accommodate up to 160 guests for a standing reception, depending on how the floor space is set up. For a seated dinner taking place between November and May, the venue can hold up to 100 guests. However, should the couple wish for a dance floor, only 80 guests can be accommodated for a seated dinner.

For events taking place between June and October, the venue can cater to 150 guests for a seated dinner. When a dance floor is included in the event’s floor plan, the venue can only hold 130 guests.

The venue also has a patio for guests to enjoy, which offers a refreshing view of San Diego’s skyline and is an ideal spot for an urban photo shoot. A 12-foot-long outdoor fireplace and designer lounge furniture inside are all available for guests to use.

The staff at the Ultimate Skybox provide a preferred vendors list to couples wishing to rent the space, and any food, bar and rental companies contributing to the event must be selected from this list. Other vendors, such as those supplying music or flowers, are permitted as long as they meet the building’s insurance requirements. Couples are free to bring in alcohol, although a licensed bartender must pour any alcohol being served. The venue doesn't charge a corkage fee.

All events are limited to six hours and must be completed by 11:59 p.m. Setup and breakdown times are included in this six-hour time slot. Staff at the Ultimate Skybox provide these services in the rental fee.

Smoking is not allowed on the patio or inside the venue space. Guests wishing to smoke must go downstairs and outside to a designated smoking area.

The venue offers three 42-inch flat screen monitors in the main room, as well as a large 9-foot by 12-foot drop-down projection screen, which couples are free to use during the event. The projector can accommodate a DVD or a laptop presentation. In addition, there are two 42-inch monitors in the bar area, however, these only have cable TV access.

The Ultimate Skybox excels at hosting memorable events with unique add-ons.

• State-of-the-art sound system and lighting
  • A large exclusive bar area
  • Blackout window shades for added privacy
  • Customized floor plans
  • Private event security

Stand out over and above on your wedding day!

Located on the top floor of the Diamond View Tower, you will find a one of a kind event space - The Ultimate Skybox. The Ultimate Skybox has breath taking views of the San Diego City skyline and looks directly into Petco Park. Call today and let's discuss your vision of your dream wedding!

Rooftop

Planning, Service Staff

350 10th Avenue, San Diego, CA (619) 993-0710

Great Venue for a modern wedding

Reviewed on 5/16/2014 Ernie G

When looking for a venue for our wedding, my partner and I were looking for something tasteful and modern. The Skybox fit the bill beautifully. The venue overlooks Petco park and has great views of the San Diego skyline as well as Coronado and the bridge. On our wedding day,... Read More there was a game at Petco and it was a great addition to the energy of our party. In addition, there was a special event at Petco so we also got fireworks which was completely awesome. The people who manage the Skybox are great and Louisa, our wedding coordinator, made sure that the whole day ran like clockwork. We were guests at our own wedding and didn't have to lift a finger. At the end of the evening, the staff packed our car with the wedding gifts and left over items so all we had to do was get in our car and drive away. If you want a modern setting with great views of San Diego, and an incredible staff, The Ultimate Skybox is it.

Spectacular venue for a wedding

Reviewed on 5/05/2014 Meg R

The Ultimate Skybox was the very first venue we visited at the beginning of planning our wedding, and I'm glad it was. We knew immediately that it was the right place for our event. We worked with Pilialoha and Louisa from Creative Affairs, and they were very helpful... Read More throughout the entire planning process. We had a limited budget as well as a DIY mindset, and Pili and Louisa didn't try to push us in any other direction. All of our guests were breath-taken after entering the venue the night of the wedding. Between the amazing views and the Padres game going on that night, they all were fully impressed and had a fantastic time. The Skybox is great because you have a wide variety of vendors from which to chose, and there are no minimums in terms of food or rental orders. Also, we really liked that we could provide the alcohol and wine for our open bar -- which really helped us with our budget. We had an amazing night, which we'll remember forever. And we would highly recommend the Skybox and Creative Affairs for any wedding or special event!

Best.Wedding.Ever.

Reviewed on 4/10/2014 Julie B

What can I say, I feel like the luckiest girl in the world! We had our wedding at the Skybox on March 22, 2014 and it was everything I wanted and more. Let's start off by saying the the Creative Affairs team is simply amazing. We had Pilialoha as our event coordinator and... Read More then Louisa as our onsite coordinator. Both of them were fantastic. They made everything so easy. I was a little scared of the whole wedding planning process in the beginning. I had no idea where to start. Pilialoha made herself available any time, any day of the week for our calls or emails. She always responded promptly with exactly the help and information we needed. She provided vendor referrals, a budgeting spreadsheet, checklists, timelines etc. Pili took a scary, overwhelming process and made it so easy and fun! Louisa did an amazing job making sure the Skybox was transformed into the space we had envisioned. The night of the reception, Louisa was so attentive and wonderful. I was so busy chatting with guests, I was having a hard time finding any time to eat. Louisa asked me what I wanted from the stations and made me a plate. Every time I moved to another area of the room, she made sure my plate followed! Louisa is incredibly sweet and personable too. I enjoyed chatting with her more so than some of the guests. Professional, attentive, sweet, just wonderful! The Skybox as a venue is simply magical. I wish I could have been there when guests arrived and first got a glance at the panoramic views. Throughout the evening I was asked by numerous guests, "How on earth did you find this place?" and "This is the best wedding I've ever been to!" There are no words to describe how beautiful the sunset was over the bay. At night, the Skybox transformed into a twinkling box of light above the city. A fantastic venue indeed!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Amanda D

From the moment my fiancé and I walked into the Skybox while venue searching, we knew it was the place for our wedding reception. Instead of traditional ballroom receptions that include brown carpets and almost no windows, the Skybox is sleek and modern and the view is... Read More breathtaking! Pictures just don't capture how incredible the space is. My now husband and I keep saying that we wish we were there when our guests arrived to see their reactions, but everyone expressed how amazing the venue was. Our wedding happened to fall on a Padres game day with fireworks at the end, and everyone thought we bought the fireworks for ourselves! The Skybox is so unique and beautiful. At the very least, tour this place!!

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Paulette B

We had our daughters wedding here and it was the most beautiful venue we could have ask for. The staff at Creative Affairs was there to handle our every wish. Make your event the experience of a lifetime and entrust it to the staff at Creative Affairs at the Skybox. Happy... Read More Family The Blakes

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Victoria T

Absolutely amazing venue. All our guests were so impressed with the view and absolutely loved the place! They were beyond helpful and they also add in a wedding coordinator 3 months out which I had no idea I would need so badly! They were amazing and made my day so special! I... Read More couldn't recommend this place more!

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Evie L

My wife and I got married in Oct 2016 and had our wedding reception at the Skybox. I would highly recommend Skybox for an elegant/modern/classy reception location! It is a beautiful facility, with gorgeous views of downtown and as far out as the ocean and Coronado bridge.... Read More Instead of a DJ we had a live jazz band at the reception (Third Season Jazz) and it was the perfect venue for that type of ambience (the band was definitely 5-star as well!) We worked with Chauncey from Creative Affairs and she was detail-oriented and very attentive to our needs. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/02/2017 Lorena V

If you want have a spectacular wedding and reception, look no further! The Skybox will give you the ultimate in everything you want in your wedding. Not only do they provide exceptional service from start to finish, they also provide you with vendors they have worked with over... Read More the years to complete your big day. Amanda McPhail, owner of Creative Affairs leads an amazing team to assure that your day is perfect. We were honored to have Chauncey Cannon coordinate our wedding and she blew us away with her kindness, professionalism, charisma, and amazing personality. We love her! Our wedding was on August 11th and guests are still talking about how beautiful our wedding was from the views of the city, ambiance, food, and music; we all had the time of our lives. We wish we could do it again and change nothing because it was perfect! Thank you Skybox and Creative Affairs for everything! We are forever grateful to you for giving us the wedding of our dreams!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Jenna J

When my fiancé and I walked through the skybox we know it was the right wedding venue for us! Not only was the view breathtaking, but planning a wedding there was easy and simple with the help of Chauncey Cannon at Creative Affairs. Her level of professionalism and commitment... Read More shines through in her work. Needless to say, our wedding day was perfect, and I recommend both Creative Affairs and the Skybox to any couple looking to plan an unforgettable wedding! We had a modern reception with a space just perfect for 200 people. We were able to fit in plenty of stations, a gelato bar, with plenty of space for dancing, etc. and decorate the space to our liking. Our guests swooned over the view the entire time.

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Erin Y

We wanted a breathtaking and amazing space for our wedding reception and we definitely got that with The Ultimate Skybox. This place is amazing from the views, the creative affairs staff, the building, just everything is amazing. We recieve so many compliments on our wedding and... Read More how amazing the space was. It was the perfect vibe and views for a downtown wedding. You will definitely have an amazing wedding and you can't go wrong booking this venue for your reception!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Andrea A

Creative Affairs Inc. has blown us away from the beginning. My family is fortunate enough to have collaborated with them for two weddings. After seeing what they could do at my sister's wedding two years prior, I knew with out a doubt, I would be working with them. Stefanie is... Read More truly a fairy godmother to us. Things were handled before you even realized they need to be handled. They are responsive, professional and up for anything. We decided to do a destination wedding and Stef was there for us every step of the way. She was able to find us the most amazing vendors in a place we didn't know much about. She was always accommodating and made us feel comfortable. She guided us in decision making so that we could ultimately have the day/weekend of our dreams. We've been told by ALL of our guests that it was one of the best weddings they've ever attended and we know that this would have never happened with out the help of Creative Affairs Inc.

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Julieta A

Our guests are still raving about our reception venue. It's fun, relaxed, can't beat the view!!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Jeaniebel G

Well.. What can I say!!! This place is FABULOUS! I had my wedding there on 4/22/2017 and it was pretty much perfect. The venue was perfect and beautiful. Rachel @ the skybox made planning and my entire wedding planning experience so perfectly wonderful. It was great to find the... Read More perfect venue, but it is even better when the staff is as wonderful. I would give this place 10 stars if I could.

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Greta S

Best venue in San Diego! The views of Coronado, Petco and the San Diego skyline are spectacular. Skybox is particularly magical at night. All of our guests raved about the view and it really created the ultimate wedding reception experience! The Creative Affairs team that... Read More coordinates events for Skybox is fantastic! We first met Amanda who showed us the venue and we were impressed by how down to earth she was as well as detail-oriented and organized! We knew our wedding reception would be in good hands with Creative Affairs. Jessica was the coordinator who was assigned to our wedding and she was also fantastic to work with! I'm a Type A personality and had lots of random questions leading up to the wedding and Jessica always responded to my e-mails quickly. I really trusted her advice when it came to the layout, logistics, timeline, etc...She is so sweet too! Our reception was perfect! Thanks, Creative Affairs!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Joyce P

From the minute we walked into the venue, we knew it was the perfect place. The view of Petco Park and San Diego's skyline is breathtaking. Our guests were in awe the entire night. Our coordinator, Rachel, made the planning and executing of our surprise wedding for our guests... Read More such a memorable moment for my husband and I. Her fellow team members Sarah and Jessica were just as awesome and everything was perfect!

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Valerie F

This site is positively GORGEOUS. Our organization booked Skybox for a conference party, and our guests were in awe of how beautiful this venue is. Also, Stephanie, our venue coordinator was super responsive and so on top of everything, that we were actually able to enjoy our... Read More own event (imagine that). Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 4/28/2017 Holly C

The Ultimate Skybox was the perfect venue to host our Corporate Event. It is a unique and modern event space with amazing views of San Diego. Our coordinator, Rachael was wonderful and very responsive during the entire planning process. I highly recommend hosting your next event... Read More at the Skybox!

2017-04-28T22:55:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the wonderful review. We hope to work with you again soon!

Reviewed on 4/08/2017 Ashley M

We had the best experience having our wedding here on April 2, 2017. This was actually the first venue at which we looked, and the only reason we didn't sign on right away was me saying "we cant go with the first place we see." But we found ourselves comparing every other space... Read More to this one, and we called them soon after to reserve the date. Everyone at Creative Affairs (which manages events at the venue) was fabulous and so willing to work with us at every twist and turn. Whenever we had a question or issue, the crew was willing to accommodate and make it work. And when the big day came, everyone commented on how beautiful the space is and what a wonderful event it was. We were grateful for the flexibility to bring in our own vendors, but that they had a list of preferred vendors. We ended up going with some of their preferred vendors and we were so glad they were familiar with the site, it made things so much easier. Overall, it was a magical experience and a perfect day.

Reviewed on 2/18/2017 Summer L

My husband and I grew up in California but spent a lot of time living in NY and D.C. For our venue we wanted a location that was a good combination of west and east coast. The Skybox fit that perfectly, it had a laid back vibe with the views of the Coronado Bridge and Petco... Read More park and a patio that had a great lounge feel. Since our wedding was going to be small we wanted to make sure the venue worked with our wedding size of 50--60 people. The Ultimate Skybox worked out great and all of our guests said it was one of the best venues they had been to. The venue along with the Creative Affairs team helped us have a perfect wedding in December.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Stacey E

We don't even know where to begin!! From the very moment we stepped into the venue, we knew it was the perfect reception space for our wedding and to show off this beautiful city. Rachael, from Creative Affairs, was our coordinator throughout the entire process, making sure... Read More vendors, time lines, little details and the like were all in order. Creative Affairs services came with the venue and they were so great about letting us coming back to see the venue with other vendors or family when we needed to along the planning stages. Rachael even called the night before to check in and see if I needed anything, and greeted us on our wedding night with our signature drinks upon entering. Her calm nature and confidence was certainly a plus! We feel so lucky to have been able to work with her, and the rest of our vendors through Skybox. It was truly a dream team and we are happy to say that literally everything was just perfect! Everything from decor, timing, seating, set up...it was all just spot on! Thank you again for all your hard work and for making our wedding day the most memorable day of our lives. <3 S + A

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Sophie K

September 3rd was unquestionably the very best day of our lives. From my first inquiry, our experience was so very professional but what happened in the 9-months that followed was truly remarkable. We visited the venue (sometimes announced, other times unannounced) on multiple... Read More occasions, always with a warm reception. Sarah Finley (our assigned coordinator) became a very trusted resource and virtually a member of our family since being assigned to our "team". Although throughout the entire process she was available to us, even meeting in-person early on, the final 3-months were incredible. We had no idea what we were doing and she guided us, reassured us, and supported us in each way we needed. On the day of, she made us and our families feel incredibly comfortable and at ease. Countless people commented on her amazing attitude, attentiveness, responsibility, and calm demeanor throughout the entire evening - there are few words to describe how much we appreciate Sarah, the breathtaking Ultimate Skybox, and the memories we created.

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 MJ B

You think it's beautiful from the pictures - but I promise you will be even more blown away by visiting in-person! It was the perfect place for our wedding and once we saw the place, nothing else compared. It is modern and gorgeous. Not to mention, they provide you with a day-of... Read More coordinator! We worked with Rachael, who was amazing; I honestly don't know what I would have done without her. Everyone at our wedding was completed awed by the Skybox. Let's be honest, it's a pretty obvious choice!

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Lisa D

Planning a wedding is stressful enough as it is. Planning a wedding in an unfamiliar location across the country introduces a whole new level of challenges. Choosing the Ultimate Skybox and having Creative Affairs was the absolute best decision. Rachael was the coordinator... Read More assigned to us and we could not have been more pleased. She brought so much experience. She is very well connected with the community and the vendors. Her attention to detail was second to none. To top it off, she is such a pleasure to work with. It felt as if she was completely dedicated to our event for the 2 months leading up to the big day. The venue speaks for itself – it is impressive! Your guests will undoubtedly enjoy the view of the San Diego Skyline. Our wedding was classy; it was beautiful, and so much fun. Thank you Rachael and Creative Affairs!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016

As mother of the bride I couldn't have been happier that my daughter and her fiancé chose the Skybox. What an amazing venue for an afternoon ceremony and evening reception. The ease of working with the staff was a pleasure, especially Sarah who was fantastic. She made sure... Read More to keep me in the loop on all the emails and met with me and our decor person and caterer several times. We asked for a set up that had not been done before and they were so easy to work with and accommodated us at every turn. I'm still getting calls from guests telling me what a wonderful venue and wedding. Thank you Skybox and Sarah Finley!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Cristie M

My husband and I got married here on April 22, 2016 and it was the most perfect day and night. Sarah Finley from Creative Affairs was a pleaser to work with and was soo on top of it . Even in my "Bridezilla" moments, she kept her calm and looking back, I could not have asked... Read More for a better wedding day and event. We had both the ceremony and wedding at the venue. While logistically this made the most sense for our guests, it did take quite a bit of planning to pull off both events under one roof, but the room transition was handled seamlessly while the guests enjoyed cocktail hour. The Ultimate Skybox is an absolutely stunning venue with amazing views, floor to ceiling windows and a huge patio. I really liked how everyone was close by which made for a very fun and intimate wedding. We definitely were trying to stick to a strict budget and felt like I was not compromising on anything with my wedding at this venue. I was able to pull off the wedding of my dreams all with in my limited budget.