Let Your Wedding Become A Delicious Experience

The Social Affair is the Premier Boutique Caterer in St. Louis and is honored every time someone invites us to plan an event. We believe it is our responsibility to honor our clients and guests with delicious food, presented beautifully and served impeccably.

Cuisine

American, French, Italian, Seafood

Dietary Options

Vegetarian

Catering Clean Up, Catering Delivery + Setup, Chef Stations, Family Style, Passed Appetizers, Servers, Food + Catering

2232 Thurman Avenue, St. Louis, MO (314) 735-5527

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Chase M

Just absolutely the best!!!! Kelly and The Social Affair were absolutely my favorite part of our big day. The food was wonderful guests were raving about it, TSF also did my flowers and they were amazing. Kelly and her staff have just so much imagination and got to know my... Read More partner and I to create a menu that reflected us. very happy. I would highly recommend to all couples looking for amazing wedding food.

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Georgia G

I am SO glad we chose the Social Affair for our wedding caterer. Kelly and her team did an absolutely phenomenal job. She is SO talented -- her presentation was absolutely beautiful, the food was superb, and she was an absolute joy to work with. Kelly has STYLE and made our... Read More whole experience completely stress-free. The flavor of all the food was incredible -- we are a foodie group and even had a group of professional Chef groomsmen, and all of them were blown away with the quality of the food. The compliments rolled in all night long. The Social Affair went above and beyond to make our day perfect from start to finish. Highly, highly recommend.

Wedding Celebration at the Kemper Art Museum

Reviewed on 12/01/2014

We had our wedding party about a month ago and we are still receiving compliments on how fun the southern grits bar was...and of course the cookies with kahlua! Kelly is amazing! Her food, style, presentation and service is sophisticated and unique. I have already... Read More recommended her to friends and will be using her as our "go-to" for future events. Treat yourself one afternoon and visit her space - it welcoming, beautiful and great for the neighborhood. You can get carryout, too!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Ashley H

Kelly and her team went above and beyond to make our day amazing. They do more than just food they provide outstanding service. They go above to decorate your stations to match your decor as well as flowers. The food was beyond amazing... I highly suggest the taco bar :) She was... Read More willing to work with us and adjust things as we requested. I am so happy that we choose Social Affair to be our caterer.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Gina W

I don't even know where to begin expressing my gratitude when reviewing The Social Affair. Aside from making some DELICIOUS food, Kelly has the most amazing vision... she can seriously make any dream come to life. When I said I wanted a nacho bar, some of my guests couldn't... Read More quite figure out what that meant at a wedding. Lucky for me (and for them), Kelly was in charge! She took my breath away when I saw every tiny detail that she thought of. In fact, in every picture I notice more and more things that she included. I had a dream and a vision, and Kelly took that and made it even more incredible that I could have imagined. My guests continue to stop and tell me how perfect it was! Not only is Kelly phenomenal at her job, but she's also the most genuine and pleasant person to work with. She kept us calm and optimistic despite a minor crisis that we thought might affect the wedding. This was so far above and beyond anything she had to do, and I will be eternally grateful to her for that. I recommend Kelly and The Social Affair without any hesitation. I would give them 10 stars if I could. Her staff worked SO hard the night of the wedding to keep everything running smoothly, and I got to sit back, relax, and just enjoy my day!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Allison T

The Social Affair was a delight to work with. Kelly made our special day beyond amazing with her delicious food. Our guests are still talking about the food. I am trying to find an excuse to have another party so I can use her again.

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Ashley W

Kelly and her team knocked our idea for a sophisticated Southern BBQ rehearsal dinner out of the park. She executed our vision perfectly and even worked our love of golf into a specialty cocktail. The food was incredible and Kelly's attention to detail in it's presentation... Read More blew my mind. She is so intentional and does everything with such passion and purpose. If you're looking for someone to take your next event and make it into an experience, Kelly and the Social Affair are just the right fit!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Kevin M

Kelly and her crew were outstanding! She found and arranged some tastings for us, assisted in selecting and assembling the menu, and handled all the details from that step forward. Our reception was a brunch, and our guests raved about the fabulous appetizers, delightful... Read More cheese selection, extravagant charcuterie, tasty and creative salad jars, and the indulgent quiche! The only thing we arranged was the wedding cake, which her crew cut and served. Her support staff were polite, helpful, and very professional. We found her pricing competitive, though a bargain at this quality! Our only regret was not having a frig full of leftovers! We will use her again -- though not for our next wedding ;-) -- and we recommend her without hesitation!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Courtney K

Kelly and the Social Affair team are spectacular!!! Our food was delicious and two months later our guests still talk about the brisket and mac n' cheese!!! Kelly provides so much more than just a traditional meal for your wedding day. We sat down together and talked about all... Read More the foods we love and what we wanted on our wedding day. The menu Kelly created was perfect and fit our personalities so well. If you are looking for delicious food, amazing presentation, and impeccable service there is on other way to go!!!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Joseph R

Food was absolutely delicious and amazingly well-prepared. We had a couple people with dietary issues and everyone was accommodated.

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Beccy A

Kelly and her team at The Social Affair were the perfect choice for our wedding catering. We needed to accommodate a range of dietary needs for our guests, and Kelly met with us several times to make sure that the menu would maximize versatility without compromising quality.... Read More Many of our guests still talk about the quinoa bar she assembled; the mini-tacos were also a hit! Kelly also incorporated some design elements that we requested, plating some of the food on dishes from the bride's grandmother. She also anticipated some of our needs given our event schedule and made sure we had plates of food waiting for us immediately after our ceremony. We definitely recommend The Social Affair for anyone's catering needs!

Reviewed on 12/26/2016

Kelly and her team are remarkable. My partner and I wanted our wedding to be an amazing party for our family and friends to thank them for their love and support over the years, and Kelly made that happen. Working with Kelly was such a wonderful experience. She is extremely... Read More knowledgeable and goes the extra mile to make sure your event is everything you dreamed of and more. Our May wedding day turned out to be 20 degrees cooler than expected. The day before our wedding I called Kelly in panic since our reception was outdoors under a tent. Within minutes, Kelly secured heaters to be delivered the next morning. Our food was beyond fabulous – from the passed hors d'oeuvres, to the dinner stations, to the desserts (that included mini wedding cake cupcakes with our initials on them). The food and bar presentations were beautiful – they looked like something from a magazine. Kelly used the design on our wedding invitations to make the labels for the food stations – they were elegant. Six months later, our guests are still raving about the food at our wedding. The Social Affair is more than just a catering company, they take care of your every need. This is not just a job for Kelly, it’s her passion. We can’t wait until we host another event so that we can work with Kelly and her team again.

Reviewed on 7/03/2016 Amy C

Kelly was absolutely amazing to work with. From our first meeting with her to our trip to pick out rentals, she was so organized and professional. And her food was AMAZING. We have guests who are not the most adventuresome, and foodie friends, and EVERYONE was impressed. No... Read More one ever remembers a wedding for having great food, but I think ours was the exception as we continue to get compliments on how good everything was. A little different from standard caterers that have set menus to choose from, she asked us about our favorite restaurants, favorite foods, dislikes, allergies, and created a menu unique to us. The presentation was gorgeous, and her staff and their service was so friendly and well done. She made everything so easy for us. We really can't say enough great things about her, and we would recommend her without hesitation to anyone, for any occasion, and we would love to work with her again!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Kinsley M

Kelly and The Social Affair truly made our wedding fantastic. After meeting with a few other caterers, our event director at The Sheldon let us know that they had recently added The Social Affair as a preferred vendor. I contacted Kelly with a barrage of dietary requirements- we... Read More needed options for gluten-free, dairy-free, vegans, folks keeping Passover- all with a St. Louis-style BBQ flavor profile and family-style dining. Not only did she meet the challenge- she surpassed it with refined and lovely detail. In planning, Kelly was attentive, helpful, and delightful to work with. On our wedding night, it was everything we hoped for and more. Our guests raved about the food, the dessert bar, the friendly staff. I cannot say enough good things about The Social Affair!

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Veronica S

Kelly & her team at the Social Affair did a wonderful job! She worked to create a beautiful menu within my budget, that included all my husband and I's favorite foods. Instead of traditional cakes, Kelly created small cakes for each table. I am still receiving complements on... Read More this! Would definitely use again, and recommend to all!

Absolutely Incredible!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2014

My partner and I hired Kelly Spencer (owner of A Social Affair) to cater our reception last month. We chose to do heavy appetizers as opposed to sit-down dinner. Kelly assured us that there would be plenty of amazing food for everyone. And she did not disappoint. During... Read More our first meeting with her, we brainstormed our favorite foods, likes, dislikes, definitely NOTs, etc. And from that meeting, she created an incredible menu of delicious easy-to-eat-while-standing-or-sitting dishes. We chose the beef tenderloin as our main heavy dish. The meat was perfectly seasoned and placed atop a bed of tasty mashed potatoes, with a nice assortment of toppings and sauces. Weeks after the event has passed, we are STILL talking about the vanilla bean bread pudding! We also hired Kelly's staff and bartender. They were all very friendly and professional. Our wedding reception marked the first time either one of us have ever hired a caterer. Planning a party is challenging, and choosing the right caterer is a difficult decision. If I'm ever in need of a caterer in the future, I would look no further, and hire Kelly and her staff without question.

Incredible!

Reviewed on 9/27/2014

My husband and I have been married nearly a year and a half and every time our wedding is brought up in conversation with a friend or family member, they undoubtedly exclaim how terrific the food was. That it was the best they've ever had at any wedding they'd been to. To this... Read More day. Kelly Spencer of the Social Affair is incredible. She worked with us to put together a delicious menu that we loved and was within our budget. She is excellent at planning, not only the food itself, but the small details that don't necessarily come to mind when planning a reception. She accompanied us to Weinhardt to help us choose the table settings that would work well with the menu. Additionally, her presentation of the food was absolutely beautiful. We gave her an idea of what we envisioned and she put together the most beautiful and imaginative display of food we had ever seen. She even made lovely little labels for the food presentation, as well as the desserts which we had brought in separately from friends and bakeries of our choice. Every part of working with Kelly was wonderful. Our wedding reception flowed seamlessly because of her planning and attention to detail. The food was so delicious, my husband and I still talk about our regret in not going back for seconds! We truly felt that she wanted to help make our reception exactly what we wanted, but still managed to blow us away with her creative approach in putting it all together.

Over the Top Terrific

Reviewed on 8/20/2014 Karie H

I was way over my head planning a wedding, and couldn't even think of a dinner menu. After talking to The Social Affair they came up with the perfect food choices blending my Texas heritage with my groom's Georgia background. Seriously creative and perfect. They listed off idea... Read More after idea and all I could say was, "YES!". I know a lot of people think that this or that of their wedding was better than any other, but HONESTLY the food at my wedding was the best part. I had guests mention it to me months after the wedding. To top it off, they couldn't have been more efficient or gracious. I had a "backyard wedding" and the air conditioner decided to barely work (of course, the first hot day of that year!). I couldn't believe that there wasn't even a hint of how awful it had to be for them to keep working. I just wanted them to sit outside cool off some. When it was all said it done they quietly left with the kitchen cleaner than when they came AND leftovers packed neatly in the refrigerator. I should have paid double for the service and quality I received. Much love to this company and I cannot imagine anyone being disappointed with any of their services.

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 8/01/2014 Leslie S

I could not recommend The Social Affair more! The food is amazing & the service is stellar. The Social Affair catered my destination wedding rehearsal dinner & reception. I was clueless as where to start with the menu for both events. Kelly came up with many options in our... Read More price point that complimented our relaxed, beach theme. Every item was thoughtfully planned & executed to perfection. Kelly put more time & effort in to the presentation of the food than I would have ever imagined. Her attention to detail really made our event stand out...from the the shark fin cupcakes, to the gorgeous paper lanterns, to the seersucker directional signs (to correspond with the groomsmen's attire). It was such a beautiful event with the MOST delicious food! My guests raved and raved about how impressed they were with the food. It was a 100% enjoyable experience working with The Social Affair. I was so impressed, I had to use them again for my baby shower last year!

Blissfully stress free and Excellent food

Reviewed on 7/31/2014

Choosing The Social Affair to be my caterer was one of the best choices I made in the planning of my wedding. I wanted traditional St. Louis style wedding fare, and they helped shape the menu based on my vision. When I was stumped about what appetizers would work with my entree... Read More choices, they were there to help with many relevant ideas. The details that their team added to each dish helped make the food and the atmosphere of my wedding very memorable. The food was incredibly tasty, fresh, and locally sourced and all of my guest complimented the food saying it was the best food at a wedding they had ever experienced. The Social Affair does not make the experience of having catered food seem distant or cold like some companies do, but rather they end up feeling like a friend who is just as excited as you are about making your day feel like one of the best days of your life. The carefully selected team of servers working on the catering team the day of my wedding, were elegant, professional, and friendly. The whole experience stress free for me because I felt like The Social Affair was an extension of my hospitality to my guests. I highly recommend them for weddings and other functions.