The Still Life Photography

IL, NYC, RI, MI, WI, IA, NJ, OH, NC, LA, PR and more!

Wedding Photography

Jay & Nicole Vega decided to pursue a career together in the art of Photography. Met & married in Chicago in 2012, two people set out on a business venture of a lifetime. Now traveling the U.S. , seeing the world in "still life" is seeing the world as we do everyday. Through the lens, we capture life moments from birth, to milestones, to special ceremonies you would like to cherish forever.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Engagement, Trash The Dress

$0-$999

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

IL, NYC, RI, MI, WI, IA, NJ, OH, NC, LA, PR and more! (773) 891-7406

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Corliss B

I can't put into words how happy I was to have TSL Photography by our side on our wedding day. Nicole was amazing. She made sure we had as many shots as we needed and accommodated all of our requests. She made sure to follow up with us every step of the way from beginning to... Read More end. Her professionalism made my wedding nerves disappear. Nicole and her husband Jay were an essential part of our wedding day and they did not disappoint. They made sure we got our wedding photo sneak peeks on a blog within a week or so of the wedding with our usb to follow a week later. They were amazing. We are already thinking about booking them for when we start a family. Baby shoots and so on :-)

2017-01-28T11:28:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! You guys were a blast, and we had such a great time!

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Tracey B

Nicole is THE BEST! From the minute we met her for our engagement photos (which I was a little reluctant about doing!) she instantly made us feel comfortable. I am not the type of person who likes a lot of attention on me, but I instantly felt like she was just a friend we... Read More were hanging out with and I felt so at ease. The engagement photos were done so quickly and they were amazing - we got so many compliments! Fast forward to the wedding - one word: unbelievable. I can't even describe it any other way. It was ridiculously hot the day of the wedding, but Nicole did an amazing job. Everyone was ready earlier than we anticipated, so we were able to do photos outside for a few minutes then go inside for a break. We never felt rushed. Every photo she took - from the first look to the end of the reception - is perfect. The pictures truly show how fun of a wedding we had and captured all of the best moments. I couldn't have asked for anything better!

2017-01-28T11:30:59 Response from the vendor

Tracey! Your wedding was off the chain. You guys were so easy & fun to work with. :) Wishing you all the best in marital bliss for years to come!

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Jamie K

I got married this weekend and I am so happy I hired Nicole. She was professional, creative, polite, flexible, easy-going and accommodating. She took all the candid shots while I was busying being a bride. I didn't have to worry about anything. She knew exactly what to do. That... Read More is just what I needed to have a perfect wedding day. I highly recommend Nicole as a wedding photographer. She's awesome!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Sara S

Working with Still Life was one of my favorite parts of our wedding. Nicole was extremely responsive to my emails which I really appreciated. She totally got our vision for the wedding and all our pictures have shown that. Not only did she take wonderful pictures but everyone... Read More has said they really tell the story of the wedding and how it was the best day of our lives

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 McKenna R

We hired Nicole to shoot our engagement pictures in Lincoln Park. We ended up having to cancel and re-schedule a few times due to conflicts and she could not have been more understanding and professional. We were at total ease the entire session and could not have been more... Read More happy with the end result. Our photos turned out absolutely beautiful and, to make things even better, her turnaround time was so fast. She truly made sure we had any and every shot needed to make us happy and her editing was perfect. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Katie Y

We had the pleasure of working with Nicole from our engagement photos to our wedding day. She was absolutely WONDERFUL to work with. We couldn't have asked for a more wonderful photographer. She captured every little detail. She was so kind during the whole process not only to... Read More my husband and I, but to our bridal party, family, and guests. We are so so happy with her work!

Reviewed on 2/19/2017 Diana W

Nicole was so awesome! I was really nervous about our wedding pictures because I always feel awkward being in front of the camera but she made my husband and I feel so relaxed and natural. She also did a fantastic job commanding my huge and crazy family. We got all the pictures... Read More we wanted and most importantly, they are all beautiful and we love them! Not to mention how insanely fast she got them back to us! I couldn't be more pleased, and I couldn't recommend her enough! Thanks Nicole!

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Lisa D

I absolutely loved with with Nicole. She s so talented and captured shots that I would have never imagined. I was blessed to have the best team because her husband Jay helped photograph my wedding. I can't wait to hire him for headshots, he's amazing. Their most important... Read More qualities: kind, calm and compassionate. I can't imagine getting married without them!

2017-02-08T08:00:57 Response from the vendor

Lisa! You already know how we feel about you & Brent and you're ENTIRE wedding! Thank you SO much for these sweet words. Jay & I look forward to seeing you guys again soon!

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Kaity B

Nicole was absolutely wonderful to work with for both our engagement session and out wedding day. She is fun to have around, takes charge when necessary, and takes beautiful shots! We forgot to take ring shots on our wedding day (completely my fault) and she even invited us over... Read More to her home to take some weeks later. She had them edited that same night! Can't wait to use her again in the future :) Thanks, Nicole!

2017-02-01T08:38:55 Response from the vendor

Thanks Kaity! You & Jack had such an amazing day. :) All the best and I look forward to seeing you guys again someday! ;)

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Laura H

We are thankful to have found The Still Life Photography to capture our wedding. Nicole is a talented photographer with vision, experience, and an open mind. Not only did she bring so many great ideas, but she understood and valued all of my ideas- both the ones we discussed in... Read More advance and my on-the-spot ones. She is so easy to talk to and get along with. Everyone in our wedding parties felt as ease and comfortable around her, which made for great pictures. She is an absolute professional with a warm, hard working, yet easy-going spirit. My wife and I highly recommend her to everyone we know. We love looking at our engagement and wedding photos and we are so thankful for her wonderful quality and affordable prices. We plan to use her for any of life's photographable moments in the future!!

2017-02-01T08:40:28 Response from the vendor

Hey Laura! I STILL get compliments on your wedding day first look. :) Those pictures melt everyone's hearts - you guys were so amazing to work with and made it all so easy! Wishing you all the absolute best throughout life, and hope to see... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Amy D

Nicole & Jay are the best! Not only are they the nicest couple, they are ninja's! They took some amazing photos at both of my daughters weddings last year. and we never seen them taking them. They took the time to go over things with the couples before their big day & made sure... Read More the took the photos they requested. I highly recommend them !!!!

2017-01-31T13:37:11 Response from the vendor

Top notch ninja's at your service! :) Your so sweet, Amy. THANK YOU! We hope to see all of you guys again someday!

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Laura J

Nicole was wonderful to work with, she was always available to talk before the wedding. Open minded, hardworking, and reliable. I highly recommend her work. The final Product of pictures was amazing. We recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Jackeline P

My husband (then fiance) were worried we waited until too late to book a photographer (yikes!). We were debating between two photographers, one being Nicole. In communicating with Nicole, and asking both her and the 'competition' (which there really was none in hindsight)... Read More questions in order to help me narrow down my choices from 2 to 1, her customer service beyond ANYTHING ELSE blow whatever POSSIBLE competition there was, out the water. Considering my experience in retail, and appreciating where my hard earned money goes, customer service [aka a lack thereof] is truly a deal breaker if not handled correctly. Nicole was VERY responsive, NOT pushy whatsoever and can I just tell you the ABSOLUTE SWEETEST person ever to work with?! I kept telling Nicole I would send her inspiration shots I would like, and of course, as a crazed bride, never got around to it. Did it matter? Heck no! She delivered and my photos are GORGEOUS and definitely tell a story. I cannot thank Nicole enough. She has captured images that I will never forget and I am eternally thankful for that. Thank you, Nicole!

2017-01-28T11:40:26 Response from the vendor

Jackie & Harvey - you guys were awesome. Thank you so much for your sweet words. I had a lot of fun and I'll never forget that Mother/Son dance...totally brought tears to my eyes. All the best!

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Kendra C

Nicole was absolutely AMAZING as our photographer for the wedding. She took our own personal style and ideas into account but also came prepared with multiple poses that turned out just BEAUTIFUL. We couldn't be happier with all of our photos- I would absolutely recommend The... Read More Still Life Photography to anyone in the market for a wedding photographer. We were blown away with how gorgeous our photos turned out! She's super talented and such a joy to work with!!

2017-01-28T11:32:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Kendra!! Your day was a blast. :) I still can remember how amazing you & your venue looked...and knowing you did it all yourself. Wowzers. Hope to stay in touch and all the best to you & Josh!

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Shaina H

We hired The Still Life to take photos for both our wedding ceremony and reception. Nicole was incredible. She arrived early, and the minute that she arrived she was non-stop taking advantage of every single photo opportunity, getting shots that I would have never thought of.... Read More Her attention to detail was awesome- She knew what photos to take, she was attentive, and kept the whole process as stress-free as possible (even when taking the family photos!), she definitely put me (the bride) at ease! She even let us know when her booked time was almost up so that we could get any last photos that we wanted. She really went above and beyond, we couldn't have asked for a better photographer! A few days later she put up a sneak peak of our photos, and we absolutely love every single one. Nicole really has an eye for for capturing things beautifully in both candid and posed shots. I cannot wait to see the rest! I highly recommend The Still Life and I will be hiring them again for any photography needs!

2017-01-28T11:36:40 Response from the vendor

Shaina - you both are so kind. Thank you so much for this review and allowing me to be a part of your day. I wish you both all the best in the future!

Reviewed on 9/04/2016 Brittany R

I found Nicole through Thumbtack while looking for a wedding photographer. I was impressed with her pricing and previous work I'd seen. She was able to meet me in person within a week. It took me all of 10 minutes to decide to hire her - she is super friendly, flexible, and... Read More very passionate about photography. She kept in touch with me throughout the wedding planning process, showed up early the day of the wedding, and had tons of great ideas for photos. She also sent me pictures throughout the day to give me a preview of her favorite photos, and she had a blog of photos posted within a couple of days. Also, she made sure my husband and I stuck to our timeline for the reception and captured photos of everything. I just received all of my wedding photos a couple of days ago and am in love with them! She did a fantastic job of capturing the day. I'd recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

2017-01-28T11:33:57 Response from the vendor

Hey Brittany! Thank you for the sweet words. You guys seriously, with all those fun props, were a BLAST to hang with. :) Wish we could do it all over again. Hope to stay in touch and all the best to you both!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016

We had The Still Life Photography booked for our wedding and the owner Jay called an hour before he was supposed to show up and said that we wasn't going to make it because he had "the flu". We understand things happen and people get sick, but an hours notice and no replacement... Read More option for the contracted time was completely disrespectful/disappointing. This is one of the most unprofessional business experiences I have ever encountered. For anyone who wants a dependable photographer for a very special occasion, then I would highly recommend looking elsewhere as we were able to book a new photographer last minute that ended up saving my brides day and producing even higher quality photos.

2017-01-27T15:52:58 Response from the vendor

Hi Andy, I'm sorry, again, for the unfortunate tardiness Jays illness caused on your wedding day, should you have had us fulfill our end agreement in shooting your wedding. After corresponding with Maegan (bride) today, and refunding your full payment within 48 hrs of your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/21/2016

Our wedding got snowed out and Jay and Nicole were very flexible with rescheduling our outdoor pictures. They accomadated our picture idea requests and encorporated all of our props. They made the whole experience fun, exciting, and worthwhile. Jay and Nicole are down to earth,... Read More easy going people; whom made this experience the best I've ever had while taking pictures. I continually recommend their services to anyone I talk to about needing a photographer because not only are they amazing people, they are wonderful photographers, and beautiful artists in the world of photographs. Can't wait to do more photographs with them in the future!

2017-01-28T11:35:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you Melissa & Adam! That day was so relaxing for us and you guys felt like old friends by the end of the shoot. We still talk about how awesome it would be to do that with every couple. :) Hope to work with... Read Less Read More

Nicole & Jason Vega

Some years ago, my husband bought me my first professional camera. He then got one. I decided right then I knew I would be devoting my life to Photography, and I was taking him with me. Practicing on our kids (we have 3 young girls) I slowly booked family sessions. It wasn't until I did my first "favor" wedding that I realized, wow. This is everything. Being able to share in the happiest moment of someone's life was not only rewarding in many ways, but the happiest place I've been in my career. The feeling is mutual for Jay & I, and I'm just thankful we are on this journey together.