Book Your Wedding with The Sullivan Event Center

A BACKYARD IN ROCK HILL, NY

The Sullivan Event Center in Rock Hill, New York, is one of the Hudson Valley's premier wedding destinations for all seasons. It is an award-winning venue earning the 2015 Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor, as well as being named a Top Ten New York Resort and a Top Catskill Vacation Property by ResortsandLodges.com. Such pedigree and distinction is well-earned for a space that effortlessly brings the outdoors inside. The Ramada Rock Hill hotel is located inside the Sullivan Event Center.

Taking inspiration from the beauty of the Hudson Valley, The Sullivan was designed with stone and natural wood and decorates itself with earth tones, landscape murals and fireplaces. Its beauty flows through its two distinct wedding venues:

Bernie’s Holiday Restaurant. The banquet room inside Bernie’s Holiday Restaurant can accommodate up to 200 guests.

The Grand Ballroom. Seating arrangements can be made for 300 guests in the Grand Ballroom.

If a touch of nature indoors is not enough for the happy couple, The Sullivan offers ample space outside for both wedding ceremonies and wedding receptions.

The Sullivan wants to make the wedding process for the to-be-weds as easy as possible. To do that, they offer two simple packages that can be further customized to the happy couple's unique tastes.

The Standard Wedding Package. The Sullivan offers a standard wedding package for a minimum of 100 guests. Included in the package, the bride and groom receive a personal wedding planner, a complimentary food tasting appointment and a complimentary suite for their wedding night. The wedding guests can expect discounted hotel rooms, a cocktail hour with a choice of eight hand-passed Hors D'oeuvres, a 5-hour open bar, a domestic and imported cheese display, a fresh fruit display and a complimentary champagne toast. The dinner can be the couple's choice of a traditional sit-down, buffet style or station menu and the desserts can be plated or arranged artistically at stations as well. The package also includes white table linens. Different colors are available for an extra fee.

The Deluxe Wedding Package. For couples who want to celebrate a little more lavishly, The Sullivan offers the deluxe wedding package that also requires a minimum of 100 guests. Much like the Standard Package, the Deluxe Package includes a personal wedding planner, a complimentary food tasting appointment, a complimentary suite and discounted hotel rooms for guests. However, unlike the standard package, the deluxe package features a top-shelf 5-hour open bar, ten hand-passed Hors D'oeuvres, bouquets, corsages, boutonnières, floral arrangements for the tables and a choice of napkin and linen color at no additional charge. Along with the cheese and fruit displays, there is also a fried calamari platter and a carving station available. The happy couple can have an upgraded traditional sit-down dinner, buffet or a station menu. Coffee and tea service is provided with either the plated or station dessert menu. Couples choosing the Deluxe Wedding Package will also receive a small wedding cake. An upgraded champagne toast is also included.

The Grand Wedding Package. Everything in the Deluxe Wedding package is included in the Grand Wedding package, including a basic wedding cake. However, this elite wedding package also includes up-lighting, simple floral arrangements and stylish table cloth toppers.

The Sullivan offers upgrades and extra perks with each of their wedding packages. These include:

• On-site Wedding Planner
  • Gluten-free organic or vegan menu options
  • Coat check
  • Valet parking
  • Sunday farewell brunch
  • Bottled sparkling water
  • Late night snack menu
  • Hotel concierge can help plan excursions to the nearby Catskills

The Sullivan is the ideal wedding destination for any bride and groom looking for a venue deeply connected to nature that offers stress-free planning and an elegant backdrop for their special day.

We make your dreams come true!

With us, it’s personal. You’re not a number and this isn’t a wedding factory. We want your wedding to be exactly how you have always pictured it. From the tiniest of details to the menu options, we work with you through the entire process to make your wedding day a reflection of who you are as a couple. At The Sullivan Event Center, it's not just about a wedding, it's about a wedding weekend with family and friends. From rehearsal dinner to Sunday Brunch, we can create the wedding weekend of your dreams. Check out our reviews. Every bride has the same experience. That's why we received "The Best of The Knot" Complete wedding packages start at $99 per person. Call an schedule a visit and come see what we are talking about.

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Ballroom, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

283 Rock Hill Dr, Rock Hill, NY (845) 798-6018

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Meg H

There may not be enough words to describe what a great experience we had with The Sullivan/BHR. Happening upon this incredible venue was such a stroke of wedding luck and I cannot recommend it highly enough! Randy, Tony, Shane, and the whole team are just fantastic at putting... Read More together and pulling off an epic weekend. When we first met Randy, we felt like something clicked and he really understood exactly what we were looking for -- mainly, to give our guests a great time with good food and drink and a comfortable environment. We decided to hold our reception at BHR, the beautiful event space next door to the Sullivan hotel. Tony went above and beyond helping us secure rooms at the Sullivan so that we could have a true wedding weekend with many guests staying over Friday and Saturday nights and almost everyone staying Saturday. Randy was always receptive to our ideas and shared great ones of his own. With apologies for the length of this review, I must share that Randy and his team went beyond anything we could have imagined for our wedding. We desperately wanted to have our ceremony outside. So many venues make the call on rain early in the day. I understand why, but we would have been so disappointed. Randy recognized how much we wanted this and he and his amazing team came up with what we terms "Rain Plan C" - holding our ceremony under a beautiful tented area in the courtyard of BHR instead of the outdoor gazebo at the Sullivan. He and his team were willing to wait practically until the beginning of the ceremony to make that rain call. We truly felt supported, understood, and so comfortable with this team. Throughout our experience with the Sullivan, we never felt that we were being nickel and dimed or that the goal was to squeeze more money of us. Far from it. for example, BHR offers the same price for a sit-down, buffet, or station dinner. Randy suggested that stations - an option I wasn't really familiar with - was a great way to showcase different food, give our guests variety, etc. Boy, was he right. Our guests raved about the food (and the speed with which they were able to get it - Randy's team knows how to feed a crowd!). Shane is a renaissance man who was there helping us every step of the way that weekend. He gets it all done and connected us to everything we needed. It is very clear that the team at the Sullivan/BHR knows what they're doing and do it extremely well, so you can feel very confident in their hands. With all of the incredible features of our wonderful wedding weekend, it's hard to believe that it was also at such a competitive price. We are so grateful to the whole team for all you did to give us such a fabulous wedding weekend. I could write another 3500 words! Brides, grooms, families, do not miss checking out this venue.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Carolyn N

We had our wedding there in October 2016 and it was beyond expectations. The staff was wonderful--especially Shane and Randy. Every time I thought I needed something they were right there behind me with it already in hand. The venue was beautiful, the food was amazing and it... Read More was great to have hotels right there for our guests. I would recommend having your wedding at this venue to anyone in a heartbeat--the Sullivan really helped make our wedding perfect.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Carolyn N

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Jennie S

Upon researching venues we knew we wanted to shop local, so finding a venue in Rock Hill was absolutely perfect. Randy, Shane and their team were absolutely amazing from start to finish providing a stress free wedding weekend we will cherish forever. No stone went un-turned and... Read More from the start I was confident that everything would be taken care of. With all of the stress that goes into planning a wedding, the day itself should run smoothly and that's exactly what happened. The food, ambience, Shane and his team, everything was wonderful! The Sullivan Event Center was the perfect choice for us and I cannot say enough about how happy we are about the way everything turned out!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Amanda M

My now husband and I had actually already decided on a venue before checking out the Sullivan, but we figured why not. After our meeting with the hotel manager Tony and the owner Randy, they treated us to dinner at Bernies. We sat there across from each other at dinner knowing... Read More we were canceling the date we held at the other place first thing in the morning. We loved everything about the Sullivan, we were really looking for a venue at a hotel to cut down on the traveling for our guests, and this was it! We could tell right away that Randy, Tony and Shane would allow us to let our dream wedding come to life! They were there to help us every step of the way from the planning to the end of the reception. And oh the food….omg the food...our guests won't shut up about how amazing it was! My only regret from our wedding day is missing out on the amazing dessert table they had. The dinner and apps that they made sure we had were delicious!!!(they did serve us cake, we just never left the dance floor to eat it!) The venue space was beautiful and really was everything i had envisioned it would be. The rooms were also great and super comfy! Overall we most certainly recommend the Sullivan for any event!!! It was such an amazing experience working with everyone there!!!

Reviewed on 5/21/2016 Jillian O

There are so many incredible things to be said about this location that I am not sure where to start! We had our wedding at the Sullivan on march 19, 2016. Like any bride I was nervous. A lot goes into the planning of this special day and you want it to be perfect. I can say... Read More that my wedding was absolutely perfect and that was due mostly to the wonderful staff at the venue. I had to worry about literally nothing on the day of my wedding. They took care of everything. Shane acknowledged all of my little details I wanted or had planned out and executed them flawlessly. He made me feel comfortable and confident that everything would work out the way it was intended to. All of the staff was amazing. Everyone was so warm and welcoming, it didn't feel like we were at a hotel. It felt like we were family. The ceremony was at BHR next door to the hotel. The room was incredible and that was all done by the coordinating staff there. I left that in their capable hands and it turned out stunning. After the ceremony we took photos on their beautifully maintained grounds. There were so many different options for photos since they have several outdoor wedding sties. After pictures we joined our guest at the hotel for our reception. The ballroom was breathtaking! No decorations needed for the room itself since they have wonderful wall up lighting options available, stunning chandeliers and beautiful mirrored walls. The food- Two months later I still have people telling me that we had the best wedding food anyone has ever tasted. Ramada at the Sullivan offers many food options. We opted to have different table stations people could visit with different types of food. We had an Italian station, an Asian station, a carving station, and a mashed-potini bar which consisted of mashed potatoes in martini glasses with gourmet topping choices! The food and drinks were amazing, the music flowed all night, and the staff was on point. I went the whole night without worrying about a thing! The staff worked hand in hand with my DJ to keep things flowing so when it came time for toasts and cake cutting they were on top of it. The bridal suite it lovely. There is a huge bathroom with a beautiful tub. The room was large enough hat myself and five bridesmaids were able to get ready all together, plus we had other guests in there with us as well. Shane was really a lifesaver. Anything we needed all day he offered to get us. He even ran next door to the restaurant Crust and brought us back lunch when we were hungry. All of my guest were very pleased with their accommodations. The rooms were all beautiful and very very clean. There was a common area with a pool table and small game room where people were able to hang out once the reception was over. The room rates were very reasonable. I couldn't have asked to have had a better wedding. Everyone there went above and beyond for us for anything we needed. We felt like family! Even during the planning stages, it was all so easy and convenient. The owner, Randy is knowledgeable and friendly and so easy to talk to. There are options for everyone's tastes! I love that people still compliment me on how fabulous our wedding was. It was a day we won't ever forget! I tell everyone to get married at Ramada at The Sullivan!!!! Thanks you to everyone at Ramada at the Sullivan and BHR for making our wedding dreams come true!

Reviewed on 1/14/2016 Katrina D

Best Wedding Venue in Upstate, NY!! (Sorry in advance for the long review, however, it's difficult to give such an amazing vendor a short review!) There were a few criteria when deciding where my fiance and I were going to have our wedding. First major decision was the... Read More location. We could have picked a destination wedding, went to NYC or Long Island... However, we are residents of Sullivan County and after doing some research of other venues, we decided that we were going to be married locally and choose local vendors to give back to our community! When it came to choosing our venue, we knew where we wanted to go, The Sullivan Hotel and Bernie's Holiday Restaurant in Rock Hill, NY. We know the owner, Randy, and many of the staff at The Sullivan Hotel and Bernie's Holiday Restaurant and knew we were in good hands! The Sullivan Hotel and Bernie's Holiday Restaurant was the absolute perfect choice!! From the first initial meeting with Randy, all uncertainty went out the window. One thing Randy said that was proven to be true, "We start with a handshake, and after the wedding we're family and leave with hugs and kisses!" We were married New Year's Eve at Bernie's Holiday Restaurant and had a block of rooms reserved at The Sullivan Hotel (which is adjacent to the restaurant). It was the wedding of the century! There are so many good things to be spoken regarding The Sullivan Hotel, Bernie's Holiday Restaurant and its staff; however one thing comes to mind: TOP NOTCH!!!! I have worked in event planning in the past and one of my philosophies when hiring vendors is: hire vendors you trust, have industry knowledge and good experience and let them do the job you hired them to do! With very little direction, Randy and his staff executed a flawless evening!! Food was amazing, cost was extremely reasonable, venue was updated and beautiful, Reception Staff was attentive, knowledgeable and friendly, Hotel Staff was so accommodating and let us hang in the lobby til late hours of the event! Even the special accommodations we requested were perfect!! Prior to the wedding, communications were always answered, staff was flexible to our changing needs and we never felt hesitant or scared that we made the wrong decision! The day of the wedding went off without a hitch, Randy was at the reception, executing the evening, directing and helping us, the other staff was extremely attentive to me and my husband, and there was never a need or want that wasn't anticipated by the staff and / or handled ASAP! I couldn't speak more highly of The Sullivan Hotel, Bernie's Holiday Restaurant, Randy and his exceptional staff!! I was told by many guests that it was the best wedding they have been too!! I can't help but believe them b/c it was the best wedding I've been to myself!! Thank you for an unforgettable day for my husband, myself and all our friends and family!

Reviewed on 12/17/2015 Erica R

Our wedding experience at the Sullivan was simply phenomenal!!! Everything from the service to the food was absolutely perfect. We wanted our wedding to stand out and be a special event to anyone attending including us; everyone at the Sullivan made our dreams come true! We... Read More are a very particular couple and had a clear vision for our big day and Randy, and everyone at The Sullivan most definitely understood our vision. The ceremony was the perfect spot for exchanging our vows and it was seamless. On the day of your wedding, the last thing you want to do it worry about the little details…at The Sullivan…leave it all to them!!!!! During the party, the bartenders were friendly, attentive and fast; the cocktail hour was buzzing and quite delicious; (people are still talking about the food! This is NOT your average wedding fare, this is real food and not a factory pumping out bland, fried items) and the main space and dance floor were just the right size to accommodate a couple hundred of our closest friends and family. The main space is classic and beautiful…none of that tacky carpet and wall treatments that most venues have. Beautiful chandeliers that look like large cut white paper shining down on the enormous room and easy access to the huge bar. The hotel rooms are boutique style…spa-like and were spotless. The bed was one of the most comfortable we have ever slept in. This was a total dream wedding. We’ll never forget all of the smiling faces and how many comments we received from friends and family about what a tremendous wedding it was. Many people have commented about our wedding with almost all saying the same things: it was the best food ever at a wedding, the ambiance was simply breathtaking and everyone was so nice and accommodating. The memories from this perfect day will last a lifetime, and everyone on the Sullivan staff deserves a big pat on the back for their excellent service and for creating such a wonderful environment for people to create amazing memories for a lifetime.

Reviewed on 11/27/2015

Looking for a wedding venue in the Catskills, The Sullivan in Rock Hill, NY, provides everything to make a couple's dream a reality. Excellent food, accommodations, and amenities, Randy and his staff make the magic happen to create the Wedding of a lifetime. No matter what the... Read More vision or budget, The Sullivan doesn't just meet expectations, but exceeds them. The secret is getting out, The Sullivan has it all!

Reviewed on 11/08/2015

I wish I could leave more stars for the Sullivan because that's how great the experience of having our wedding there was. We were a Brooklyn couple who wanted our dollar to go farther with our wedding, so we decided to look upstate NY. Luckily, my mom found the Sullivan through... Read More some google searching, and we are so glad she did. The value we got having our wedding there was amazing. It was beautiful, convenient, filled with some of the best food I've ever had and a staff that endeared themselves to all our guests. I am not exaggerating when I say that more than half of our guests commented to us about how nice the staff was there. There were not only nice, but by the end of it, they were family. We had a Halloween wedding with a full costume reception and the staff at the Sullivan all got into the spirit, with Randy the owner bringing in a makeup artist for his staff to look ghoulish for the night - on his own dime! Who does that?! They went the extra mile with everything. Whatever you want or need, they can make happen. From our traditional and eloquent hospitality hour, to our raucous Halloween party, they were extremely nimble and adapted to the tone as we changed it. It truly was a joy working with them, and I highly recommend this venue to everyone.

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Tim M

If you're looking for a venue in upstate NY that provides first-class service, a beautiful setting, and EXCELLENT value for your dollar, The Sullivan has it all. My wife and I couldn't be happier. We felt like family. There's a warmth to the Sullivan and it's staff that's... Read More palpable. Our guests kept saying, "This place is great. Everyone is so wonderful. How did you find it!?" Living in Brooklyn, we wanted a venue upstate--within a reasonable drive of the city--that could provide one stop shopping: a hotel and reception venue, rehearsal dinner and Sunday brunch. Our guests parked their cars on Friday night and didn't start them until Sunday. Friends were able to work Friday in the city and be at the hotel for drinks Friday evening. Randy Resnick, the owner, renovated the hotel a few years ago. While other hotels in the area were run down, The Sullivan is modern, clean, and has a vibrant, positive vibe. We held the rehearsal at Bernie's Restaurant next door to the hotel (100ft. walk) - also modern and classy. Both at the Rehearsal and Reception, the food was delicious. Randy began his career as a chef and it shows. The staff takes pride in their food. Our guests were full and happy. The staff and service were first class. Through the planning and event , Randy--the owner--was the point person. At other hotels an Assistant Wedding Coordinator needs approval from an Assistant Food and Beverage Manager and so on. Randy has assembled a first class team each authorized to make independent decisions: Tony the Hotel GM, Shane the Reception Coordinator, the front desk staff (Corina and Billy), Kim and Angela at Brew, Bonnie and the housekeeping staff. Everyone gave a level of service I've never before experienced. I've run out of space otherwise I'd keep singing their praises. I'll always feel indebted to Randy and the Sullivan for making our dreams come true. If you'd like any more information, I'm happy to discuss: please contact me at mahontim at Hotmail.

Perfect Fall Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Taryn S

Wow! What a wedding! We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day/party! Thank you to everyone at The Sullivan and Bernie's Holiday Restaurant for their outstanding performance, diligence and hospitality! (Especially Randy, Tony, Shane and Sean). The entire team followed... Read More through with all promises discussed since the day we chose The Sullivan/BHR for our venue. Not one detail was missed from having the entire hotel and accommodating our out of town guests, handing out our welcome bags, allowing us to decorate early, making sure everything was on time and running smoothly. No one skipped a beat. Everyone has been nonstop ranting and raving on how perfect everything was! Food! Ceremony Site! Location! Literally everything! My husband’s father has owned & operated a bar & restaurant for over 20 years and was thoroughly impressed with the level of service and the quality of food served at our reception. Even the chef from my father-in-law's restaurant(who was one of our guests) commented on not only how good the food was, but that the quality of food was top notch! If you want to have a great wedding day and reception with down to earth people who understand and respect what you want, this is who you should choose for your special day. It was a tremendous value for the service we received! Randy and Tony were also able to help us with suggestions for bands/DJs & other vendors as well. A number of our guests were from the NYC area and loved how easy the drive up to The Sullivan was & its close proximity from the city! This really is a great spot if you are looking to do a Catskills/Hudson Valley wedding!

Amazing Fall Wedding!!!

Reviewed on 12/03/2014 Jennifer R

It's been 6 weeks since we celebrated our daughter's wedding on October 11. It was a magnificent fall weekend and we were able to get fabulous pictures with great views of the foliage. The majority of our guests were from out of town and so the entire Sullivan hotel was ours... Read More for the weekend. The rooms were immaculate, and the guests loved the convenience of having Brew, a bagel and beer cafe with a gourmet grocery attached, right across the street. We began the celebration with a rehearsal dinner from the restaurant next door called the Crust. We had a buffet of quality Italian food with delicious and unique pizzas along with salad. Throughout the weekend the drinks were plentiful. It was great seeing family and friends throughout the day while preparing for the wedding. Randy and his staff were amazing. The ceremony began promptly at 7:00. The cocktail hour lasted a little over an hour. The food was plentiful. We had sushi, fried rice in cartons, tuna tartar, lamb chops, pastrami and much more. Six weeks later everyone is still talking about how they had never been to a better cocktail hour. The dinner was served on time with a choice of fish, chicken, steak or a vegetarian entree. The staff catered to all of our guests' needs (vegan, gluten free, etc). Randy and his staff gave 100%. The guests left around 1 am and when I went to my room at 2, Randy and his staff were busy breaking down the ballroom and setting up for brunch the next morning. The brunch was another eating frenzy. We had lox and bagels, white fish salad, the works..... Nobody left this weekend hungry. We also had make your own omelettes with Randy himself cooking them. Randy, Shane, and Jesse were wonderful to work with and along with their staff made this wedding weekend spectacular. They couldn't have been more attentive! We cannot thank you enough!

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Kimberly A

Great place!!! Was there for a wedding last weekend and had an amazing time. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. Beautiful renovation!!!! The staff was so friendly and helpful. Even when we were being too rowdy after hours they were so nice when they asked us to calm down.... Read More The food was impeccable! Loved everything I ate!!! The owner owns the two restaurants next door as well. We went to the one called Crust the next day and OMG! Food again was to die for! We are thinking of going back for their New Years celebration!

Randy Resnick

Being a homegrown, born and raised, local guy from Sullivan County, Randy has a special connection to the venue that he renovated in 2003 and cares about nothing more than giving you the best experience possible. Randy is a professional chef with culinary and management degrees and more than 30 years’ experience in the industry. When you book your wedding at The Sullivan, Randy treats you like you’re family and by the end of the event he’ll be like a member of yours.