not only the top musicians, but great entertainers

A world class wedding band of Berklee professors & alumni. We have the biggest selection of classic & contemporary songs! We'll put on a top-notch show and make it an unforgettable celebration! We have young, full on energy musicians in the band, who know how to engage the crowd of different age!

Instruments

Accordion, Cello, Fiddle, Flute, Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trumpet, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Klezmer, Latin, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Fe7719fa d8df 43f7 b18c 942ee8fef3e2~rs 100
D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100

Serving New England & NY! (617) 838-3718

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Ali H

The Sweetbeats absolutely floored us and exceeded all expectations - having them play your wedding/event is a no-brainer. Musicianship 10/10 Sound Quality 10/10 Entertainment 10/10 Band Leader 10/10 Price 10/10 Do not have any hesitations if you're considering a wedding band... Read More - here's what you'll get: -Sergei (band leader) - He's incredibly well organized and easy to work with. His response rate is fast (text, email, phone - he's got you quickly). He's very flexible and trustworthy - even when I made a few mistakes on my own end! He's got everything you need from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception. There wasn't a single moment where I thought that something could be off. -The band - They absolutely killed it. Knocked it out of the park completely. We had a 7 piece band (male and female vocal, guitar, bass, keys, drums, sax) - the sound and musicianship was incredible. They played every single song from my "DO play list" and avoided all of our "DON'Ts". They included some phenomenal renditions of fan favorites and even surprised us with a few remixes of songs that in all honesty were played better than the originals. The male vocalist may or may not have been Bruno Mars by the way he performed, and the female vocalist was hitting ridiculous notes. The instrument solos were lively and energetic. The band was on the dance floor frequently which made for an incredible dynamic that the guests were eating up. And the band looked like they were genuinely enjoying themselves as well which is important in crowd dynamic. -Cost effective - the package that we got was extremely reasonable compared to other Boston-based bands out there. I've been in wedding season for the past two years, and I honestly can't think of other bands that generated that kind of performance for the fees we were quoted. Having the Sweetbeats play our wedding was a stress free option and I can't tell you how many guests would come up to us with glowing reviews, saying that the band "made their entire weekend", and I've never seen some of my friends and family dance they way they did. Trust in Sergei and the Sweetbeats - you won't regret it!

2017-09-27T21:39:44 Response from the vendor

Hey Michael and Ali, Thank you SO much for such a rave, detailed review! We truly appreciate it! You guys were SO much fun to party with! We're so happy that you liked our performance! Musicians in the band are still talking how much they... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Ashley M

The Sweetbeats are even better than you think they'll be when you book them. They are absolutely amazing - if we could, we'd give them 10 stars! Sergei is friendly, communicative and professional with all upfront planning. He worked closely with my husband and I to educate us on... Read More the process, cater their services to our needs, and ensure he had all the information needed to make our night a success. The band performed wonderfully, helped us facilitate the flow of the evening, got the crowd up and dancing, and created such a great energy for the entire night. Though all the band members were super talented and wonderful, the sax stole the show at our wedding! Kudos to Sergei and the entire crew - they were such an awesome and memorable part of our day!

2017-07-06T18:04:55 Response from the vendor

Hey Ashley and Sean! Thank you SO much for such a wonderful review! I'm so glad you were pleased with the band, the way we worked, the planning that we did and the show that we put up for you! We had a lot of... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Karen C

Oh. My. Gosh. The Sweetbeats were easily the best part of our wedding!! From the very beginning, Sergei and the band were so responsive and helpful, making sure everything about our day was perfect....and it was! They learned songs that were special to us, and even incorporated... Read More my dad into the band. All of our guests have told us that the Sweetbeats were the best band they've ever seen, not to mention how much fun we had with them! They were involved in all of our family traditions and SO MUCH FUN. If you have a group of people who like to dance and appreciate good music - book them immediately. I cannot have imagined our wedding without the Sweetbeats there - it wouldn't have been the same!

2016-10-24T13:20:06 Response from the vendor

Hi Olivia and Davis! Thanks for the amazing review! You guys were SO MUCH FUN too - we LOVED partying with you! Please stay in touch with us! I hope we'll party with you again soon!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Jeanna L

All musicians in the band came on to the dance floor, even guitar, sax and bass. We had never seen that with any other wedding bands before! We had no idea it was even possible! Our guests danced to every song and at some point during the evening, we were afraid our guests would... Read More not have time to eat since they did not want to miss a single song on the dance floor. No one wanted the night to end and I highly recommend this talented group of this young, high energy professional musicians.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Liz G

We are obsessed with the Sweetbeats! They're full of energy, fun-loving, extremely talented musicians, and played everything we wanted- our guests couldn't have been happier and the dance floor was packed the whole night! Sergei, the band manager, was super organized and... Read More flexible- they did everything just as we requested. I can't recommend them enough- but be sure to reserve them soon as they book up quickly during the summer! Thank you, Sweetbeats for making sure our wedding was the best of 2017! :-D

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 David J

The Sweetbeats were incredible at our wedding. Our guests had an amazing night dancing, the Sweetbeats have a lot of energy and enthusiasm. Overall, they were a pleasure to work with and made our special day even more fun.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Sara M

The Sweetbeats was outstanding! During the planning stage of our wedding, Sergei guided us through every step and kept in constant communication to ensure that the reception would be perfect. He was excellent to work with, very professional, and incredibly accommodating. Our... Read More songs for special moments during the reception were wonderfully done and we could not have asked for more. We highly recommend The Sweetbeats if you want a wedding that you and your guests will never forget. Thank you very much again!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017

Most amazing performers!! Made our daughter's wedding phenomenal and memorable!! Guests are still remarking on how it was the most fun event they had ever attended and we owe it to the great energy and vibes of the Sweetbeats!! Thank you!!

2017-10-26T09:38:42 Response from the vendor

Thanks a lot for leaving such a rave review! It was really great to perform for you! Thank you for being such a great crowd, you guys were so much fun!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Ally C

The SweetBeats Band put on an absolutely incredible show for our wedding. We are a few weeks out from our wedding date and still have guests raving about how it was the best wedding band they’ve seen! From start to finish, Sergei provided and collected lots of details to make... Read More sure everything fit our style, taste, and wishes for the wedding. Our reception went perfectly, the crowd was on their feet the whole time (even the people who don’t typically dance!) and the band transitioned songs beautifully so nobody ever sat down. The lighting and sounds were great. My husband and I had the pleasure of meeting the band the first time when they were playing at a local pub, and knew we wanted them at our wedding. They are unique and beyond other bands for the individual talents that are highlighted in different ways, and also how they are wirelessly connected so different musicians will play and dance in the crowd. So much fun! I can’t thank the sweetbeats enough for such an unbelievable time and surpassing all of our expectations. We will relive these exciting, special, and celebratory moments for the rest of our lives.

2017-10-26T09:21:20 Response from the vendor

Hey Ally, Thanks SO much for such a rave review! To know that you guys were happy with us means a lot to me! I can not express enough how special your wedding was to me personally and the band! The guys in the band... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Sean V

The Sweetbeats played as an 8-piece band at our Maine wedding on September 9, 2017. Throughout the entire process Sergei (the bandleader) was quick to respond and eager to ensure that our concerns were addressed. The band had great sound and high energy which our guests fed from... Read More from the first song on. When we finally wrapped it up, everyone was exhausted from dancing. One point to mention is that we had booked the band having seen the promo videos. However, by the time our wedding's season arrived the singers were different. That said, the new talent was comparable and in some ways perhaps better than their predecessors. Thanks to Sergei and the eight who played our wedding.

2017-10-26T09:40:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Sean for such a great review! I'm glad you liked our new lineup! On behalf of all the band, I wish you and Jeanna health, wealth and happiness! Thanks again!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Rita R

We hired the Sweetbeats/Jazzlanders for our atypical jazz wedding reception with a weird timeline. I work at a major company and attend many events - corporate events, weddings, concerts, etc. - where there's a lot of good music. These guys were the most professional I've ever... Read More observed at these types of events. They also kindly learned a Russian song for me upon request and were gracious, flexible, good communicators and just all-around awesome. Finally, it was really important for us to have good music as we had a lot of professional musicians in the audience - and the band did not let us down! I highly recommend them for everybody and every type of event.

2017-09-27T21:46:58 Response from the vendor

Hey Rita and Vlad, Thank you very much for having us perform for your wedding! All the guys in the band loved playing for you from the beginning to the end! You have a true love for good music and that is something we all... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Brittany M

The Sweetbeats were INCREDIBLE!! As one of our top priorities for our wedding weekend, we hired The Sweetbeats nearly two years in advance! We asked our photographer if she had any great band recommendations, and she immediately told us we had to hire The Sweetbeats! We really... Read More wanted the dance floor to be packed the whole night, and they DEFINITELY made that happen!! Sergei was phenomenal to work with - so organized, quick to respond, professional, etc. He was great at working with us on ceremony music suggestions, our set for the reception, and anything else we had a question on! It was really awesome having such a dedicated point person for the band - made everything run seamlessly, no day-of surprises! All of our guests were raving about their song selection and performance - we heard a lot of "that was the best band ever!!!" from everyone :)

2017-09-27T22:04:59 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for such an incredible review Brittany and Jonah! It was a real treat for us to travel from Boston to Nantucket to perform for your wedding! You guys have such an amazing group of family and friends and you really made us... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Kimberly M

WOW! I cannot even explain how awesome this band is! We were so incredibly happy with them and couldn't have asked for a better band! They made our wedding so special and beyond what we could have imagined. I highly recommend them, you will not be disappointed! We also had a... Read More singer and keyboard player come to our ceremony at the church to play and sing all our songs. They were amazing!! If you want something more special and personalized for your ceremony, I would also recommend this. The lead singer had such an amazing voice and I couldn't have been happier with them. You guys rock!!

2017-09-27T22:11:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much Kimberly and Sean for having us perform for your wedding! We also really enjoyed your ceremony and it was an amazing idea on your side having our singer and the keyboard player playing a duet at the church! It was very... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Marissa K

The Sweetbeats were absolutley fabulous! We choose our wedding date based on their availability. So glad we did. They made the wedding! Best wedding band I've ever seen!

2017-07-05T13:37:06 Response from the vendor

Hey Marissa and Nicholas! Thanks so much for such a great review! I'm so glad we were available for your date - June 24, 2017! It was an honor to perform for you! All the best to both of you!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Jason L

The Sweetbeats kept the dance floor packed and the energy high throughout our entire wedding. Sergei was extremely helpful and responsive through the entire process and was able to take into account all of our special requests. Aside from the reception, they played beautifully... Read More for our ceremony as well. We could not have asked for a better band to help ring in our marriage!

2017-09-27T22:18:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for a rave review! It was a pleasure to help you guys throughout entire process! We loved doing the special requests for you and your ceremony was gorgeous! Love and best wishes to both of you!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Cristina H

We hired The Sweetbeats for our wedding and would HIGHLY recommend The Sweetbeats for any event! As soon as I reached out for information, Sergei (the band leader) was extremely responsive and professional. He encouraged us to come see the band at a show--we went on New Year's... Read More Eve and booked them the next day, as Sergei sent the contract through immediately, even though it was New Year's Day. The planning process was extremely organized, detailed, and tailored to our musical taste. Sergei made sure we felt comfortable and even gladly accommodated a special request we had for my dad's best friend to sing "Fly Me to the Moon". The band accompanied his song and even played the song in the key of G Major, as requested by our guest, which is a great example of this band's talent. Each band member is a phenomenal musician, and as many of them hail from the esteemed Berklee College of Music, you can rest assured that the vocalists and instrumental solos will be top notch. On top of their obvious musical talent, this band knows how to put on a SHOW -- with vocalists and back-up musicians alike interacting with the crowd to create the perfect, impossibly fun and unforgettable night. We had The Sweetbeats perform the classical processional songs on the guitar at the ceremony and jazz standards on a grand piano during the cocktail hour in addition to the reception.

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Keri A

Sweetbeats was absolutely amazing!! They were our band for our October wedding at the Wychmere in Harwichport, Cape Cod. Sergei, the band manager, made us feel confident that everything would go smoothly from the first phone call we had with him. He was beyond meticulous and... Read More professional. Prior to the wedding he took the time to have another call with us and went over every detail to make sure he had a full understanding of how we wanted the announcements to go as well as the song lists. The musicians were so talented and professional and they sounded amazing. The band's energy and interactive nature really got the party going and set the tone for the evening. They had all of our guests up and dancing the whole night and everyone was raving about how amazing the band was. We are still hearing from our guests how our wedding was one of the best and most fun weddings they have ever attended and we believe that a big part of this is due to Sweetbeats!! I would highly recommend booking them for weddings or any other important events!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Danielle M

The Sweetbeats were PHENOMENAL! Everyone at our wedding had such an incredible time at our wedding and everyone continues to comment on how AWESOME the bad was. Not only did they provide excellent music, that had our guests on the dance floor ALL night, the way they interact... Read More with the guests, dancing and singing on the dance floor, was so much fun and so memorable for all! I wish I had a camera rolling all night so I could relive it all over again. THANK YOU to The Sweetbeats band for your incredible talent! The band manager, Sergei, is a delight to work with. Extremely helpful and very quick to respond to any questions or special requests. I believe he actually helped us find our venue in the beginning (we worked on booking the band before we even had a venue selected)! Thank you Sergei!! The day/night was amazing!

2016-11-24T18:06:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you SO much Danielle for an amazing review! Congratulations on your marriage! We had SO much fun to play for you! Please stay in touch with us! I hope to see you at one of our public events!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Karen T

My daughter was married on Friday, 11/11/16, and The Sweetbeats played at her wedding. They were awesome!!! Everyone who attended danced all night - no one wanted the brand to stop. I would highly recommend The Sweetbeats. In addition, Sergei (Brand Manager) was terrific to... Read More work with and made the process extremely easy. Loved the entire band, and particularly the lead singers and sax player. Just awesome!

2016-11-24T18:12:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much Karen for the great review! We all really appreciate it! It was great to play for Danielle and Dan's wedding! We had A LOT of fun! We hope to see you at one of our public shows soon! :) Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Susan C

These guys were simply amazing, could not have imagined a better match for our wedding! People have been talking about them since the reception and we would not hesitate to recommend them to others. Will definitely try working with them again if the opportunity arises

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Erin G

The Sweetbeats was the best band I have ever heard! My husband is a drummer, so he is very picky about bands. We absolutely loved them!!! They went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was a huge success! Our wedding was on the Cape. The Sweetbeats showed up two hours prior... Read More to the event to make sure they would be setup and ready to go for the wedding on time. And finally, they kept everyone dancing! The music was amazing!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Zoe M

The band was great live (even better than the promo videos) and got everyone on the dance floor. They were great for ceremony as well. Just all around a classy, versatile bunch. Would highly recommend The Sweetbeats to anyone looking for a great band for any occasion.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Brian C

This was the one part of the wedding I really stressed over because I have no experience hiring bands. The Sweetbeats looked like they would be a lot of fun, and we were not disappointed! They were extremely professional during planning, and at the reception they responded... Read More immediately to the personality of our crowd. We highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Olivia C

What a night! The Sweetbeats was great! I mainly coordinated with Sergei over phone and he was very professional and courteous throughout the entire process. My husband and I wanted to sing and play guitar and keyboard at our wedding and the band even learned our song and... Read More accompanied to us. Our guests LOVED the audience participation! The Sweetbeats is pro, and we heartily recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Linda B

The Sweetbeats was fantastic! I was a little nervous about booking sight unseen, but I listened to some great sound bytes and saw some demos on line, but I must say the group was even better in person! I talked with Sergei a number of times to communicate our requirements and... Read More received exceptional/professional service! My highest recommendations go to The Sweetbeats!

Meet The Manager

Sergei Ioannisyan

Sergei Ioannisyan is a world class performer/entertainer, drummer, composer, a founder of The Sweetbeats & The Jazzlanders bands since 2007, Berklee College of Music Staff/Educator, a numerous music awards winner. Sergei worked with the top musicians in the US and overseas, recorded an album with the jazz/fusion giant, two Grammy Winner Dave Samuels. As a band leader/manager of The Sweetbeats, Sergei was able to bring the band to the top list of the New England's bands - winning "Best of Weddings" 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and "Best Of Weddings Hall of Fame" by The Knot!