not only the top musicians, but great entertainers

A world class wedding band of Berklee professors & alumni. We have the biggest selection of classic & contemporary songs! We'll put on a top-notch show and make it an unforgettable celebration! We have young, full on energy musicians in the band, who know how to engage the crowd of different age!

Instruments

Accordion, Cello, Fiddle, Flute, Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trumpet, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Klezmer, Latin, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment

Serving New England & NY! (617) 838-3718

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Ashley M

The Sweetbeats are even better than you think they'll be when you book them. They are absolutely amazing - if we could, we'd give them 10 stars! Sergei is friendly, communicative and professional with all upfront planning. He worked closely with my husband and I to educate us on... Read More the process, cater their services to our needs, and ensure he had all the information needed to make our night a success. The band performed wonderfully, helped us facilitate the flow of the evening, got the crowd up and dancing, and created such a great energy for the entire night. Though all the band members were super talented and wonderful, the sax stole the show at our wedding! Kudos to Sergei and the entire crew - they were such an awesome and memorable part of our day!

2017-07-06T18:04:55 Response from the vendor

Hey Ashley and Sean! Thank you SO much for such a wonderful review! I'm so glad you were pleased with the band, the way we worked, the planning that we did and the show that we put up for you! We had a lot of... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Danielle M

The Sweetbeats were PHENOMENAL! Everyone at our wedding had such an incredible time at our wedding and everyone continues to comment on how AWESOME the bad was. Not only did they provide excellent music, that had our guests on the dance floor ALL night, the way they interact... Read More with the guests, dancing and singing on the dance floor, was so much fun and so memorable for all! I wish I had a camera rolling all night so I could relive it all over again. THANK YOU to The Sweetbeats band for your incredible talent! The band manager, Sergei, is a delight to work with. Extremely helpful and very quick to respond to any questions or special requests. I believe he actually helped us find our venue in the beginning (we worked on booking the band before we even had a venue selected)! Thank you Sergei!! The day/night was amazing!

2016-11-24T18:06:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you SO much Danielle for an amazing review! Congratulations on your marriage! We had SO much fun to play for you! Please stay in touch with us! I hope to see you at one of our public events!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Karen C

Oh. My. Gosh. The Sweetbeats were easily the best part of our wedding!! From the very beginning, Sergei and the band were so responsive and helpful, making sure everything about our day was perfect....and it was! They learned songs that were special to us, and even incorporated... Read More my dad into the band. All of our guests have told us that the Sweetbeats were the best band they've ever seen, not to mention how much fun we had with them! They were involved in all of our family traditions and SO MUCH FUN. If you have a group of people who like to dance and appreciate good music - book them immediately. I cannot have imagined our wedding without the Sweetbeats there - it wouldn't have been the same!

2016-10-24T13:20:06 Response from the vendor

Hi Olivia and Davis! Thanks for the amazing review! You guys were SO MUCH FUN too - we LOVED partying with you! Please stay in touch with us! I hope we'll party with you again soon!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Brittany M

The Sweetbeats were INCREDIBLE!! As one of our top priorities for our wedding weekend, we hired The Sweetbeats nearly two years in advance! We asked our photographer if she had any great band recommendations, and she immediately told us we had to hire The Sweetbeats! We really... Read More wanted the dance floor to be packed the whole night, and they DEFINITELY made that happen!! Sergei was phenomenal to work with - so organized, quick to respond, professional, etc. He was great at working with us on ceremony music suggestions, our set for the reception, and anything else we had a question on! It was really awesome having such a dedicated point person for the band - made everything run seamlessly, no day-of surprises! All of our guests were raving about their song selection and performance - we heard a lot of "that was the best band ever!!!" from everyone :)

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Kimberly M

WOW! I cannot even explain how awesome this band is! We were so incredibly happy with them and couldn't have asked for a better band! They made our wedding so special and beyond what we could have imagined. I highly recommend them, you will not be disappointed! We also had a... Read More singer and keyboard player come to our ceremony at the church to play and sing all our songs. They were amazing!! If you want something more special and personalized for your ceremony, I would also recommend this. The lead singer had such an amazing voice and I couldn't have been happier with them. You guys rock!!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Marissa K

The Sweetbeats were absolutley fabulous! We choose our wedding date based on their availability. So glad we did. They made the wedding! Best wedding band I've ever seen!

2017-07-05T13:37:06 Response from the vendor

Hey Marissa and Nicholas! Thanks so much for such a great review! I'm so glad we were available for your date - June 24, 2017! It was an honor to perform for you! All the best to both of you!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Jason L

The Sweetbeats kept the dance floor packed and the energy high throughout our entire wedding. Sergei was extremely helpful and responsive through the entire process and was able to take into account all of our special requests. Aside from the reception, they played beautifully... Read More for our ceremony as well. We could not have asked for a better band to help ring in our marriage!

2017-07-05T13:51:26 Response from the vendor

Hey Jason and Rachel! Thank you so much for the great review! We really appreciate it! I'm really glad that you enjoyed our high energy entertainment at the reception as much as our performance for the ceremony! I'm also honored that you liked the "entire... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Jason L

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Cristina H

We hired The Sweetbeats for our wedding and would HIGHLY recommend The Sweetbeats for any event! As soon as I reached out for information, Sergei (the band leader) was extremely responsive and professional. He encouraged us to come see the band at a show--we went on New Year's... Read More Eve and booked them the next day, as Sergei sent the contract through immediately, even though it was New Year's Day. The planning process was extremely organized, detailed, and tailored to our musical taste. Sergei made sure we felt comfortable and even gladly accommodated a special request we had for my dad's best friend to sing "Fly Me to the Moon". The band accompanied his song and even played the song in the key of G Major, as requested by our guest, which is a great example of this band's talent. Each band member is a phenomenal musician, and as many of them hail from the esteemed Berklee College of Music, you can rest assured that the vocalists and instrumental solos will be top notch. On top of their obvious musical talent, this band knows how to put on a SHOW -- with vocalists and back-up musicians alike interacting with the crowd to create the perfect, impossibly fun and unforgettable night. We had The Sweetbeats perform the classical processional songs on the guitar at the ceremony and jazz standards on a grand piano during the cocktail hour in addition to the reception.

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Keri A

Sweetbeats was absolutely amazing!! They were our band for our October wedding at the Wychmere in Harwichport, Cape Cod. Sergei, the band manager, made us feel confident that everything would go smoothly from the first phone call we had with him. He was beyond meticulous and... Read More professional. Prior to the wedding he took the time to have another call with us and went over every detail to make sure he had a full understanding of how we wanted the announcements to go as well as the song lists. The musicians were so talented and professional and they sounded amazing. The band's energy and interactive nature really got the party going and set the tone for the evening. They had all of our guests up and dancing the whole night and everyone was raving about how amazing the band was. We are still hearing from our guests how our wedding was one of the best and most fun weddings they have ever attended and we believe that a big part of this is due to Sweetbeats!! I would highly recommend booking them for weddings or any other important events!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Karen T

My daughter was married on Friday, 11/11/16, and The Sweetbeats played at her wedding. They were awesome!!! Everyone who attended danced all night - no one wanted the brand to stop. I would highly recommend The Sweetbeats. In addition, Sergei (Brand Manager) was terrific to... Read More work with and made the process extremely easy. Loved the entire band, and particularly the lead singers and sax player. Just awesome!

2016-11-24T18:12:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much Karen for the great review! We all really appreciate it! It was great to play for Danielle and Dan's wedding! We had A LOT of fun! We hope to see you at one of our public shows soon! :) Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Susan C

These guys were simply amazing, could not have imagined a better match for our wedding! People have been talking about them since the reception and we would not hesitate to recommend them to others. Will definitely try working with them again if the opportunity arises

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Erin G

The Sweetbeats was the best band I have ever heard! My husband is a drummer, so he is very picky about bands. We absolutely loved them!!! They went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was a huge success! Our wedding was on the Cape. The Sweetbeats showed up two hours prior... Read More to the event to make sure they would be setup and ready to go for the wedding on time. And finally, they kept everyone dancing! The music was amazing!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Zoe M

The band was great live (even better than the promo videos) and got everyone on the dance floor. They were great for ceremony as well. Just all around a classy, versatile bunch. Would highly recommend The Sweetbeats to anyone looking for a great band for any occasion.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Brian C

This was the one part of the wedding I really stressed over because I have no experience hiring bands. The Sweetbeats looked like they would be a lot of fun, and we were not disappointed! They were extremely professional during planning, and at the reception they responded... Read More immediately to the personality of our crowd. We highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Olivia C

What a night! The Sweetbeats was great! I mainly coordinated with Sergei over phone and he was very professional and courteous throughout the entire process. My husband and I wanted to sing and play guitar and keyboard at our wedding and the band even learned our song and... Read More accompanied to us. Our guests LOVED the audience participation! The Sweetbeats is pro, and we heartily recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Linda B

The Sweetbeats was fantastic! I was a little nervous about booking sight unseen, but I listened to some great sound bytes and saw some demos on line, but I must say the group was even better in person! I talked with Sergei a number of times to communicate our requirements and... Read More received exceptional/professional service! My highest recommendations go to The Sweetbeats!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Jim N

The band had everyone out of their seats and on the dance floor...all night long! We couldn't be happier! The energy of the band was fantastic and the music was excellent. The band appealed to all of our group from 20 to 80. We were so pleased to have The Sweetbeats for our... Read More Big Day and look forward to inviting them back for our 1st year anniversary! They kept the evening lively and we danced all night long!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Maria K

The Sweetbeats, in particular band leader Sergei, helped create a perfect evening for my wife and me for our wedding! The band was simply amazing, could not have imagined a better match for our Big Day! People have been talking about them since the reception and we would not... Read More hesitate to recommend them to others. Will definitely try working with them again if the opportunity arises!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Lindsay C

We hired them for our Wedding this past August. I reached out and Sergei responded within a few minutes! He took the time to listen to our hopes for the evening, the primary being that people would just get up and dance. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, he helped us work... Read More out what the night would sound like. What a night! The Sweetbeats was so great! Their energy, talent, and fun surprises wowed our guests. We received so many compliments about them. And they did such a great job keeping people on the dance floor and having fun! The vocalists and even the sax came onto the dance floor many times entertaining, dancing with the crowd! Everyone loved the band!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Emily H

We highly recommend the Sweet Beats band! From our first contact with Sergei, he was extremely helpful and professional. He encouraged us to come listen to the band at one of their shows, and we made the decision to book them that night based on how much the crowd got into it!... Read More Sergei was very responsive to emails and calls throughout the whole planning process and answered any questions we had. When it came to our wedding day, the band was amazing! They are so talented, and they were also so nice and fun to have around! The dance floor was always full and it was very clear that everyone was having a blast! Based on some suggestions of songs and artists we like, the band came up with some awesome song choices that kept the crowd engaged. We got a lot of feedback after the wedding about how much everyone loved the band! All we wanted for our wedding day was to have fun with our friends and family and we can confidently say the Sweet Beats were a huge part of making that happen. Our day would not have been the same without them!

2016-10-24T12:57:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you SO much Emily and Eric for such a rave review! We really enjoyed playing for you and hope to party with you again soon! All the best to both of you!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 BRENDAN K

AWESOME. The Sweatbeats and Sergei were so great to work with and very accommodating to the songs we wanted played. They had the wedding dancing all night. The entire wedding said they were the best wedding band they ever heard

2016-10-24T12:59:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We had a lot of fun partying with you guys! Love, health and happiness to both of you!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Jessica L

The Sweetbeats are absolutely phenomenal. We initially heard of them via a recommendation from our wedding venue salesperson, who also happened to be planning her own wedding. After talking to several bands and looking at performances, we settled on the Sweet Beats. We could not... Read More have made a better choice! Sergei is awesome and took the time to make sure he tailored the music and flow of the night to our tastes. We wanted to keep everyone on the dance floor for a nonstop dance party and the Sweet Beats delivered! I still have guests coming up to me to tell me how amazing our band was a full 2 months after our wedding. Thank you to Sergei and the Sweet Beats for helping to make our wedding the most memorable, fantastic, fun night of our lives!

2016-10-24T13:03:12 Response from the vendor

Hey Jessica and Koji! It was really awesome to party with you! Thank you so much for such a great review! We all really appreciate it! All the best to both of you!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Jenn Q

One of the best decisions I made when planning my wedding was choosing Sweetbeats! Leading up to the wedding, the band's manager Sergei was incredibly helpful and spent a lot of time making sure he knew how we wanted everything to flow and he definitely listened and delivered... Read More on our wishes! The band was so talented and fun. When I read their reviews before choosing them I thought it was awesome how everyone was saying the band came into the crowd and interacted with guests while they were playing and they did just that at our wedding! Even the music they played during their breaks was exactly what we wanted! An example of their professionalism - the microphones gave out during our toasts and the band was on the stage and acted completely calm so that our guests wouldn't think anything went terribly wrong. If I were to do it all again, I would choose Sweet Beats as my wedding band in a minute.

2016-10-24T13:14:30 Response from the vendor

Hey Jennifer and Ramine! It's so great to hear that you liked the band and our services! We really loved playing for your wedding and really hope to party with you again soon! All the best to both of you! Thank you!

Fantastic Wedding Band!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Erin F

The Sweetbeats were absolutely awesome. Leading up to the wedding, they were easy to work with, accommodated our special requests and on the day of the wedding they were the life of the party. The keyboardist played beautifully during the ceremony, the guitarist and percussion... Read More made for a lovely cocktail hour and when finally the band came out in full swing during the dance party, we had the time of our lives. It was such an engaging, charismatic performance with both the vocalists and the instrumentalists coming into the crowd to dance and play alongside the guests. The crowd went wild and we still get people telling us how much they enjoyed the band and the dancing. They went above and beyond and we definitely recommend them!

Meet The Manager

Sergei Ioannisyan

Sergei Ioannisyan is a world class performer/entertainer, drummer, composer, a founder of The Sweetbeats & The Jazzlanders bands since 2007, Berklee College of Music Staff/Educator, a numerous music awards winner. Sergei worked with the top musicians in the US and overseas, recorded an album with the jazz/fusion giant, two Grammy Winner Dave Samuels. As a band leader/manager of The Sweetbeats, Sergei was able to bring the band to the top list of the New England's bands - winning "Best of Weddings" 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and "Best Of Weddings Hall of Fame" by The Knot!