The Tangerine Food Company

Serving Des Moines Area

Congratulations! It's your day to shine!

A wedding is a glorious celebration of you and your future. You'll design a menu, with our help, that compliments your dream; a specialty cocktail, your fiance's grandmother's favorite dish, a dessert from the old country - we'll make that happen. You say "I do" and we'll do the rest.

Cuisine

American, Fusion, Specialty

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Delivery + Setup, Chef Stations, Menu Tastings, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering

1960 Grand Avenu, West Des Moines, IA Serving Des Moines Area (515) 720-7510

Great food and great service!!

Reviewed on 8/31/2013 Paula Y

I spoke with several caterers before I met with Cherry at The Tangerine Food Co. Being a foodie, the food at our wedding was the most important aspect to us and we wanted a variety for our guests. Cherry and her staff hit it out of the park with a variety of food stations and... Read More desserts. Everyone loved the food and cocktails and the service was outstanding. I never had to worry about a thing! Would highly recommend them to anyone who wants great food and great service at their event!

The Perfect Package

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 Emma E

I knew I could relax after having my first meeting with Tangerine Food Company. They took are of anything having to do with the meal and were excellent about listening to what I wanted but also offering their wisdom and advice to help make the day run smoothly. The food was... Read More amazing of course! They even made our wedding cake. We wanted something simple but delicious and they sure delivered! If you're looking for scrumptious food with great service and a company you can trust, look no further!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Emily L

Tangerine came highly recommended by every wedding vendor that we met with for their service and quality. We were very pleased with the results. Susan was extremely organized and made me feel like we were in good hands. Their servers were pleasant and provided excellent service.... Read More My only (small) complaints are that they didn't have the bread and salads served on the tables as we requested and one of the entrees was not warm enough. However, the food was completely DELICIOUS! We got rave reviews from all the guests, and the cost was definitely reasonable. Good luck with your event!

Tasty food, responsive planning

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Lindsay F

I had an insane plan for my wedding catering. My husband is Indian, I'm a vegetarian, and my family is old-fashioned Iowan. Several guests had never tried Indian food before, while other guests had never been to an American wedding before. So, we decided to have a bit of a small... Read More plate/stations smorgasbord, giving everyone a chance to have something they recognized as well as try something new! Plus, I wouldn't be stuck with a blah "vegetarian option" made as an after thought. Tangerine didn't balk for a minute. We brainstormed up a menu, and then edited it to an equally awesome menu when I nervous about the price. I sent random Indian food recipes from the internet - the Indians in attendance loved the result. We only had a chicken option, but no one even noticed because there was such a variety, all so tasty, and so well presented (and believe me, I get a lot of guff from the family about being vegetarian - it would have come up!). My only critique is that the bacon was added to the Iowa Potato Salad instead of left out on the side, which bummed my veggie heart, because it looked fabulous. And the dessert table. Oh, you guys, the dessert table. I said, "individuals servings of good things." And they blew it out of the water. Our photographer spent 15 minutes taking glamor shots of the desserts. We had basically nothing left on the table afterwards, because everyone wanted to try more of all of it. Professional waitstaff, flexible and adaptable planning, and reasonable pricing.

Perfect!

Reviewed on 6/17/2014 Marsha S

They were more than willing to work with us. They listened and made suggestions. Their servers went above and beyond while they were there.