The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Tangier is a food and entertainment venue located in Akron, Ohio, that has been hosting weddings for more than 50 years. The exterior of the building is unique with a Middle Eastern-inspired dome. It features elaborate yet elegant decor, which sets it apart from other venues.

There are 11 rooms that are able to be used for ceremonies, receptions, cocktail hours, bridal showers and rehearsal dinners, from intimate events to the most extravagant. A few of the favorite rooms for weddings include the following:

Ideal for a large reception, it has a maximum capacity of 1,000 people. Banquet tables are arranged with 10 guests per table. It features a dance floor and an amazing chandelier.

Archways with timber finishes surround the room. It features both booths and table settings. The room is suitable for receptions of up to 200 guests. The banquet room has richly hued decor and features a dance floor.

The Fountain Room is suitable for a cocktail hour or reception. Can accommodate 150 guests for a seated dinner. It is such a stunning room with soft lighting that it requires minimal decorating. This room photographs beautifully.

This space is suitable for intimate ceremonies. The Wine Cellar appears very romantic as it is lit by candles.

This space is suitable for receptions of up to 60 guests.

The Cabaret Room is suitable for receptions.

The Moroccan Room has a maximum capacity of 30 guests so is ideal for intimate receptions.

The Press Room has a maximum capacity of 30 guests so it is ideal for intimate receptions.

There is a set wedding package menu to select from, which consists of unparalleled variety in dining options. Select from red meat, poultry, seafood, pasta, pork and vegetarian options within the plated or buffet selections. The culinary team at the venue are also happy to create any special family favorites to ensure a personally enjoyable experience. Past brides were particularly impressed by the meatballs enjoyed during cocktail hour.

As well as the catering, the main wedding package includes a wedding coordinator, five hours of room rental, four hour open bar, glassware, napkin and linen color choice, cake cutting, service fees and gratuities. The main wedding package also includes free parking, decorating, china, centerpieces, a bridal table and coat check. A champagne toast is included for the bridal table and immediate family tables.

Multiple events can be held at the same time due to the size of the venue. Staff are extremely professional and accommodating both in the planning stages and during the event.

Some of the offerings to be taken advantage of at The Tangier include the following:

• Menu tasting for to-be-weds and up to four guests (possible fee, waived on receipt of reception deposit)
  • Bridal 'ready' room for entire day and night
  • Discounted package for Friday and Sunday weddings
  • Chocolate fountain
  • Designated bus loading area

The Tangier Restaurant

The Tangier has been providing the Akron community with food and entertainment for three generations. The 11-room facility plays host to a variety of popular events, from wedding receptions, corporate galas and sales meetings to a mix of entertainment at The World-Famous Cabaret.

Ballroom, Restaurant

532 W Market St, Akron, OH (330) 376-7171

So Fantastic!

Reviewed on 9/10/2014 Danielle D

The Tangier provided me and my bridesmaids with an all day sweet complete with food and drink! The venue is spectacular! Our wedding planner Jessie was so professional and accommodating, she was with my reception the entire time and everything went fantastically! Even thou there... Read More were two other events happening during my reception, the focus was entirely on me and I didn't even notice the other wedding or reunion! The Tangier is so huge its easy to see why. I would highly recommend future brides have your wedding at the Tangier. It was a night that my husband and I will never forget!

Great experience

Reviewed on 7/31/2014 Darla W

We had our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception at The Tangier. I worked with Jessie for our reception. She was great! So helpful and totally understood what I wanted. My fiance and I live out of state, so it was so nice to be able to email her with questions/concerns. Our... Read More day ended up exactly like I wanted it. The staff was awesome. They set everything up, helped my mom pack up the car at the end of the night. Everyone was very courteous and polite. Food was great. They were very flexible with the items we wanted to bring. Great service. Great Coordinator. Beautiful room. Loved everything! If I had to do it all over again, I would choose Tangier again!

Great wedding reception venue!

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Ashley F

I had my wedding reception at the Tangier and I was overall very happy!! The room that we had our recption in was BEAUTIFUL. Angelica, the person at the tangier that we worked very closely with set up everything for us and I feel that she went above and beyond to make our night... Read More perfect! The prices were very reasonable and I would recommend The Tangier!!!

Reviewed on 4/29/2017 Miejie D

We had our wedding in their fountain room, and the whole process was great! Angelica, our coordinator, was so patient with us changing some details around and asking for a second tasting, and she was so helpful every step of the way, especially when we had technical difficulties... Read More with our music. The venue is gorgeous, and really doesn't need extra decorating, which makes one less thing to worry about. The food is all so delicious (especially the stuffed pork)! The serving staff was excellent, and our bartender was fantastic. And the best thing was that the pricing was all-inclusive; we didn't have to worry about rentals or a separate bar cost. Thank you so much to Tangier for making our reception amazing!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Juliann B

We had our daughters wedding and reception at this wonderful facility. I can't express how wonderful they treated us. The staff is very attentive and professional. Looking back at our daughters special day I would not change anything. Thank you tangiers for helping create a... Read More beautiful event for our daughter.

Reviewed on 8/22/2016

Your wedding day is the best day of your life and Angelica and the staff at the Tangier certainly delivered! Angelica made planning a breeze and kept things stress free! From the phenomenal facilities to top notch food, Tangiers blew myself, my husband, and our guests away! My... Read More sincerest thanks to Angelica and her staff for making our wedding day the best day of our lives! Do yourself a favor and check out Tangiers before booking anywhere else!

Reviewed on 6/10/2016 Sandy E

I had my wedding there and it was absolutely amazing!!! Angelica was so easy to work with. She was so sweet and made the experience so much fun! They were so accommodating and the service was excellent! Also, the atmosphere is so different and unique! It's a beautiful... Read More venue.

Reviewed on 11/24/2015

As parents of the bride the day could not have been more perfect! Antoinette and Angelica were fantastic from start to finish. The decorations were beautiful the staff was awesome and the food incredible. Thank you for making our daughters wedding day amazing. Robin Glasgow

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Dina P

I recently had my wedding here with about 500 guests and it was everything I ever dreamed of! The venue was beautiful and we had lots of space even with that many guests. Angelica does an amazing job and is so hospitable. The fountain room was perfect for our cocktail hour... Read More and then later switched to the dessert room. The ballroom is perfect because you can see everything that is going on. Also I like how the bars are inside the ballroom and not out in the hallway like other halls. The dance floor is big so plenty of room to dance and has nice uplighting around the dance floor as well. My wedding couldn't have gone any better and Angelica is so accommodating! Loved everything!!

Mother of the bride

Reviewed on 11/17/2015

Absolutely beautiful they did an amazing job everybody loved it I cannot say how much we enjoyed the whole night All the staff were extremely friendly and very helpful highly recommend Can't wait for my other kids to get married Lol

The Tangier

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Kathryn K

I booked The Tangier Fountain Room for my wedding in 2017 - and so far, Antoinette and the whole staff have been great! Any questions I have they have been answered, even with my wedding being two years away. I'm so excited to have my wedding at this beautiful venue!

2015-11-05T08:48:01 Response from the vendor

I am very sorry that you are having trouble getting in contact with us at Tangier. Please give us a call at (330)376-7171 and ask for Angelica or Antoinette. We have both reviewed all of our emails from the past few weeks and are unable... Read Less Read More

Amazing venue!

Reviewed on 9/11/2015 Danielle B

We got married in the wine cellar and our reception was in the fountain room. It was beautiful - exactly what we wanted for our wedding day! Angelica is amazing; she was with us every step of the planning and made the day run smoothly from start to finish.

Unique Venue with Excellent Food

Reviewed on 7/18/2015 Amy

The venue was perfect for our vintage/music wedding. They have multiple rooms that could fit different wedding types and styles. The history in the building is amazing and the food was excellent. The service was very good overall. They did a great job setting up everything... Read More we made or requested. Very easy to work with. Made for a very memorable day. Thanks!

Phenomanal Venue

Reviewed on 5/26/2015 Jaclyn K

The Tangier is a phenomenal venue! Everything is inclusive in your price and the value for everything you get is very reasonable. All inclusive is a Bride's dream come true (especially if you are doing the planning yourself like I did, while working 2 jobs!)The main coordinator,... Read More Angelica, was a pleasure to work with and very accommodating; she made my life easier throughout the planning process. The space is gorgeous, we used the Caberet Room, which is spectacular and unique. PERFECT for us! The food is scrumptious, no matter what you order! I brought her my favors and a few décor items that I had made myself and her and the Tangier team went above and beyond any specifics that we talked about. The room looked amazing, I was blown away! They spent the whole evening making sure My Husband and I and all of our guests were accommodated. We had an absolute blast on our wedding day and couldn't have asked for a better venue, food, or coordinator for the reception!! They did a flawless job!

Parents of the Bride

Reviewed on 2/07/2015

One evening, my husband and and I were dining at the Tangier. I mentioned to him, I would love to have our daughter's wedding reception here someday. That wish became a reality in July, 2014. There are many thoughts, plans, wishes and dreams that go into planning your... Read More daughter's wedding reception. From the size of the guest list, to your budget, to the availability of vendors and venues. From our very first meeting with Angelica George, our plans were carried out with attention to all our wishes and with professionalism. We were able to have an unforgettable reception with the Tangier. Cocktail hour in the fountain room with delicious appetizers, a sit down dinner for 450 guests that was served in under 20 minutes and a staff that catered to our every need. They offer so many personal touches that make that special day perfect. We highly recommend the Tangier for all your catered events. We thank them for all those wishes and dreams they made come true for our daughter and son-in-law. Tangier is in good hands with third generation Angelica George.

Disappointing Service

Reviewed on 2/05/2015 Marie L

We enjoined all the planning and ease of communication up to the wedding, but when the big day came there was nothing but disappointment. There was a lack of communication between our coordinator and the DJ, causing a waste of party supplies that wasn't even announced to our... Read More guests, and they would have never known it was there because it was placed in the back of the room. Pizza was brought in late night and no one knew about that either. Our food was taken away from us, and we never got to eat on our wedding day. They didn't ask us if we wanted it boxed up or anything, it was completely untouched. They did the same thing with the cake, and cut the pieces so big they ran out. It was very embarrassing to not have enough even though we had enough cake for 150 people, with 133 guests. I wouldn't recommend this location we were very disappointed.

10/19/13 Wedding

Reviewed on 11/10/2013 Kristen F

Everyone here is amazing! Angelica made it so easy to plan the reception. She knew all the right and wrong things to do! Everyone is so helpful all the way up until the reception is over. Loved Tangier! Would do it again if I could!

Awesome!

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Amanda S

Tangier was more than accomodating. Angelica was awesome to work with, food was amazing and any issue was taken care of asap!

don't book anywhere else until you check out The Tangier

Reviewed on 6/15/2013 rachel l

The Tangier was absolutely amazing. Mind-blown! We couldn't have asked for a better venue (in fact, I don't think there is a better venue in the Akron-Canton area). Angelica was nothing but wonderful and helpful. Her focus on detail really helped us in our planning. The... Read More food was great. The room was beautiful. The service was fantastic. Our guests were all surprised and thrilled with The Tangier as most of them had never been there before. It was such a classy place. I highly recommend this fantastic venue. Thanks for everything, Angelica!

Couldn't have asked for more!

Reviewed on 5/15/2013 Allison R

I was thrilled to have my wedding reception at The Tangier. Angelica was professional and extremely helpful. The food was perfect and everything was set up just as I requested. They made my day easy and unforgettable!

Outstanding Service

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Lisa B

I had my reception in the fountain room, and it was absolutely beautiful! We barely had to do anything because the room did all of the work. Angelica was pleasant to work with and was very flexible. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about it!

Our Guests Can't Stop Raving About Our Reception!!

Reviewed on 11/08/2011 Samantha K

We chose The Tangier's Fountain Room for our wedding this past October 22nd, and could not be more thrilled with the reception they provided us with! Kelly and her staff were incredibly helpful, creative, and professional throughout our day. We chose a seated dinner (as... Read More opposed to a buffet), and couldn't believe how quickly they served the entire room (about 150 people in under 10 minutes per course)! I can't even count how many of our guests came up to me, my husband, or our parents with comments about how amazing the food was and how elegant and unique our choice of venue was. :) We chose the Fountain Room for its character - similar vibes to the theaters of Playhouse Square in downtown Cleveland (but about half the price!) Kelly did a phenomenal job of taking the feel of what we were looking for regarding our wedding day (simple elegance) and designed a truly fantastic room around that concept.

Pure romance!

Reviewed on 10/26/2011 Kelly S

We had our reception in the Fountain Room and it was beautiful! The soft glow lighting, the atmosphere and the setup. The wedding coordinator, Kelly Givens Byers was so extremely helpful, experienced, accommodating and insightful. The Tangier EXCEEDED our expectations!

Beautiful venue

Reviewed on 10/20/2011 Laura J

The fountain room is breathtaking, the food was great Kelly made sure everything ran smoothly and as far as i know everyone enjoyed it all!

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/15/2011 Jami S

Kelly, the main girl there, was amazing. Very helpful and accomidating. Both me and my step sister had a wedding there! I had my wedding there too! AMAZING!