Swoon at first bite

The Troubadour Baker offers custom cake and dessert catering services for your special day. A natural whimsy inspires our decorative style. Our work is known to be light on sweet and packed with authentic flavor. We can work with you to create a custom flavor combination that will delight. Services include traditional tiered cakes, individual cakes, pies and tea cakes, as well as bite-sized dessert canapés. NEW YEAR SPECIAL! Is your big day happening January-April 2017? Get $100 off your booking of $600 or more. See our website for details.

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

Seattle metro area
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 8/30/2015 Abbie B

Working with Michael for our wedding cake was wonderful and easy. I really loved how Michael approached our first meeting. Instead of offering stale samples from a premade menu, he chatted with us and asked us what flavors WE liked. The result was exactly what we were looking... Read More for and our guests raved about it! It was a beautiful simple vanilla cake with fresh fruit and whipped mascarpone frosting--it was perfect for a hot summer wedding.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Jenna P

Michael was truly wonderful, and the cake couldn't have been better! Michael met with us and really listened to our wants/needs. I could not have been happier with the cake, and we are still getting compliments on how delicious it was!

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Dana P

Michael was incredibly easy to work with. I came in with a scattering of ideas, and wasnt sure how to articulate what I wanted. Michael interpreted everything perfectly and created a beautiful cake for us on our wedding day. It was so delicious that people were coming up to us... Read More later and complimenting us on how good it was (and how they wanted seconds!). I would hire Michael again in a heartbeat and recommend him to anyone.

Reviewed on 8/20/2016

Michael was a pleasure to work with and has a great listening ear to fulfill exactly the outcome that my daughter wanted. His cake was amazing and so delicious. I heard many compliments about it . I would recommend him for any event.

Reviewed on 8/15/2016

Michael baked us a cake that looked amazing and tasted even better! He was a pleasure to work with and accommodated us graciously despite our lack of planning and last-minute scheduling, baking us several delicious test cakes so we could decide on our favorite flavor... Read More combinations. At the wedding, we got lots of comments from delighted guests who were surprised that a wedding cake could taste so good!

Reviewed on 4/01/2016 Laura C

Michael was great to work with! He was willing to create any flavor I desired, which I did not experience with any other baker consultations. He created an amazing 3-tier lavender and mascarpone cake that blew me away! The flavor and texture were amazing. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 Jana P

Best cake we've ever had! Was so impressed with Michael and his cakes! We had been to many cake tastings throughout our year engagement and The Troubadour cakes were by far the best and at the best price! Michael helped create with me a unique cake for the wedding! He also did... Read More the cake for my bridal shower. Every guest at the shower and wedding loved the cake so much they came back for seconds! Michael even created a surprise grooms cake that he also uniquely designed for us! Could not have asked for a more delicious cake, Michael you were so easy to work with, listened to all my thoughts and we looooove your cakes. Not only are they the best cakes we've ever had they are so beautifully designed! We will definitely be returning customers for future cake/bakery needs! Thank you thank you!!

Delicious Memorable Cake!

Reviewed on 8/23/2014 Patty K

We had our wedding earlier this month. Michael was a pleasure to work with and the white peach cake we had for our 180 guests was absolutely delicious. I feel that oftentimes, wedding cakes are an afterthought at weddings, but definitely, at our wedding, so many of our guests... Read More commented on how delicious the cake was! In addition, the cake was a very good value compared to the costs quoted by other vendors. We would strongly recommend the Troubadour Baker!

Best Tasting Cake

Reviewed on 7/05/2011 Michelle Y

We had a very special wedding cake in mind, with a snare drum base design and 2 different flavors. The cake was as moist and delicious as the taster cakes we received. Truly, many of our guests told us it was the best cake they ever tasted! It was indeed very, very good. The... Read More cake looked a little bit different than I had hoped... the colors weren't as vibrant and we didn't get all the right design accents, but it still looked good - and the taste and value more than made up for it. Many of our guests went back for seconds.

Michael Seidel

Michael Seidel has been helping to make special days even more delicious for over 10 years. He is committed to working with you to create a sweet finish to your event that will delight you and your guests. He has worked in various parts of the industry since 2005, formerly the pastry chef at Tilikum Place Café and The Tin Table. He trained at the Pastry and Specialty Baking Program at South Seattle Community College under Chefs Christopher Harris and Jean-Claude Berger