Best Service, Best Product, Best Price!

Offering the finest rental tuxedos at the lowest price. We provide more choices of colors, styles, and sizes than any other tuxedo rental company in Metro Detroit. You will always be assisted by quality professionals & your satisfaction is guaranteed! Locally & independently owned and operated.

Custom Designs, Group Discounts, Private Appointments Available, Rentals, Fashion Services, Bow Ties, Cummerbunds, Shoes, Ties, Tuxedos + Suits, Vests, Menswear, Fashion

33437 Woodward Ave., Birmingham, MI (248) 644-5055

Hottest Groomsmen Ever

Reviewed on 2/28/2014 Julie J

Great tuxedos. I wasn't pleased with the quality/service at Men's Wearhouse, but liked the convenience of their locations. My husband's brother suggested The Tux Shop and the service we recieved was incredible AND their prices actually beat Men's Wearhouse. For the groomsmen... Read More that didn't live local, they were able to call in their measurments and everythign turned out great! Would highly reccomend if you're not interested in using the classic men's wearhouse/president tuxedo look.

AWESOME

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

My now husband, was in charge of finding his and the groomsmen's tuxedos for the wedding, so naturally he went through the very first tuxedo place he found (Men's Wearhouse). They were charging over $200 per tuxedo rental, and two weeks before the wedding, told us the sizes... Read More they had in the navy blue tuxedo we'd requested were limited and they couldnt get it in the sizes we needed. They offered no options, but said we would have to change our wedding colors. This was obviously very upsetting considering our entire wedding was built around our colors. I began searching for every tuxedo shop around to see if there was anyway we could figure this out, but was pretty convinced I'd just have to change my wedding colors and all of my decorations, when I found the Tux Shop. The owner heard my story, and said it's absolutely no problem, and was amazed that anyone would suggest for a bride to change her wedding colors, especially two weeks before the wedding. They were able to work with us on such short notice, and even when two of our guys (the groom and best man) were in another state. The staff was so fun, and professional. I have already suggested The Tux Shop to two of my friends getting married next year, and I would recommend anyone to go through them.

AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Katherine J

After a horrible exiperence at Men's Warehouse due to not having my simple request. I went in here and met with Jeff and told him what I needed and within minutes he was able to pull everything off the shelf and it was perfect! Everything that I wanted and needed for my wedding!... Read More Sizing and fittings were a breeze for the guys and the suites looked amazing on them! Jeff I can't thank you and your team enough for helping with our wedding day! Truely Amazing! I tell everyone that this is the place to go for formal wear! And the pricing was perfect, way cheaper than Men's Warehouse or having to buy the suites!! Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Todd L

Working with Jeff and his team was great! The service is very personable and they took care of every need or concern I had. They had a large selection of tuxedos to pick from along with all of the accessories to go along with it. Jeff even came in on a Sunday early morning for... Read More me even though they were closed that day! He knew I was catching a flight out of the country that day and went over and above to come in and make a final adjustment so I was completely happy with my fit for the trip. Now, that is customer service at its finest!! I would happily refer anyone to The Tux Shop in Birmingham. Great experience, service, product, etc. Thanks to Jeff and his team for making my experience seamless and enjoyable.

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Todd L

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Laurie P

Jeff is amazing. He went out of his way to accommodate all 10 guys the day before the wedding. Everyone looked so handsome and polished. Thanks, Jeff and staff!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Zachary D

Matt and his staff are great to work with. Had a lot of my groomsmen come in from out of town and they were able to quickly adjust to their fitting needs in a day's time. In addition, the tux shop has a wide selection of Tux's to choose from, including modern fits. I highly... Read More recommend the Tux shop for all formal events.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Andrew K

My wedding party looked really sharp. The owner is really dedicated to his customers. Unfortunately, we had a few hickups. The woman that took our original fittings and preferences no longer worked there the week before the wedding. When I went to try stuff on a few days... Read More prior, they had like nothing. Big waste of my time. Came in the next day and it was smooth sailing from there.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Nikki P

I'm really surprised with the service we received from the tux shop after all the reviews I read and the experience we had in the beginning. We went the men's warehouse at first and had an awful experience. One of my friends husbands got his tuxes here as well so we decided to... Read More give them a try too. The service was great and the prices were better than men's warehouse. We paid for all the groomsman tuxes so I paid for everything a month or two before payment was needed and then 3 days before our wedding when the guys went in to do their fittings, it all went south. My, now husband, spent almost 3 hours in the shop because "the didn't realize we needed shoes" although on the original order showed what shoes we wanted, none of the ties were in, and the order was messed up. We didn't change anything from the original order so I'm not sure how things could have been that messed up. So 3 days before our wedding, we weren't sure if we were even going to have the right tuxes and everyone matching. Not the kind of stress you want before your wedding. My husband had to go back again the next day to get things sorted out again and in the end, luckily everyone matched and it looked really nice which is the reason they are getting the 3 stars. I hope I'm a one off case as we were really happy in the beginning and were ideal customers keeping everything simple, didn't change our order, and paid much earlier than what is needed but yet we received the worst service when there with waiting 3 hours, my husband had workers dodging him the entire time, and then the owner said "oh I meant to call you to let you know it wasn't all in". Would have been nice to know and he didn't need to east 3 hours of his time and take work off for it.

Reviewed on 6/04/2016 Mike S

We used The Tux Shop for our wedding. The Tuxedos looked amazing!! We had great customer service. Jeff went above and beyond to help us out. I would definitely recommend The Tux Shop.

Great Attention to Detail

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Justin Z

Jeff and his team did a great job of helping us put together menswear for the groomsmen, father of the bride, and others who wanted to rent clothes. They worked with us to make the guys look great! I would highly recommend this vendor for your event.

Very accomodating for a wedding party of various body types

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Jessica R

My groom and his men looked sharp!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Meghan P

The Tux Shop not only provided tuxes but also style tips and advice! We went with the new navy blue tux and Jeff helped us pick out everything from the shoes down to the buttons. He was so helpful and took time with a very indecisive bride. The men looked fantastic and people... Read More were raving about the navy tux and cognac shoes all night long!! Can't thank Jeff and the Tux shop enough. Great service indeed.

Jeff and his team are awesome!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Ashley M

My husband and I went to the Tux Shop on Woodward for our groomsmen suits for our summer wedding after a referral from a friend. We were looking for navy blue, suits that were available for rent which can be tough to find. Not only did Jeff have a great option, he was willing to... Read More go out of his way to find us exactly what we wanted. Jeff was even able to assist us with matching the tie. He has ties available for purchase in the shop as well. We were extremely happy we decided to work with the Tux Shop on Woodward-- we had nothing but a great experience from beginning to end!

Groomsmen tuxs

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Jessica T

This experience with the Tux shop was nothing but exceptional. Jeff (the owner) and Elizabeth helped us throughout the entire process. They made sure i the groom not only looked how I wanted but my fellow groomsmen were satisfied and happy with there appearances as well. The... Read More process of a pre fitting was probably the best feature the Tux shop offered above others (men's wearhouse) If any changes needed to be made it was done so things would be perfect for the big day. Thanks for EVERYTHING!!!!

Great Selection

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Kylea P

We used the Tux Shop as we wanted personal service and wanted to feel confident the tuxes were going to fit to a tee. The owner Jeff helped us from the moment we walked in the store. They took the time to walk through a lot of different options and even recommended we wait to... Read More see what new styles come in to fit our vision a little better. Given we had groomsmen spread across the country, they made everything simple and seamless. When the guys and the dads went in for fittings a few days before, there were a lot of alterations needed, but they got everything done and things fit perfectly on the guys. They all looked so handsome and put together. The tuxes were also very affordable. We would recommend The Tux Shop as we got very personal service something you can't get at a larger chain.

Pinard/Dorairaj Wedding @ The Colony Club Detroit, MI

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

we were more than satisfied with the entire experience, from start to finish, at The Tux Shop. Jeff is a true professional and master of his trade!! Thank you to the Tux Shop family!!!

Great Vendor!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Tara K

Prior to visiting The Tux Shop, I went to several other tux stores trying to find the one that would best meet my needs. After meeting with Jeff at The Tux Shop, it was obvious that this was the place we would be using for our wedding. Jeff went above and beyond to make sure my... Read More grooms tux fit him perfectly. There was a very specific look I was going for and Jeff absolutely captured that! I would absolutely recommend The Tux Shop to all newly engaged couples looking for the perfect tux! Jeff is easy to work with and really takes the time to understand the look you are going for. So happy we used The Tux Shop for our wedding!

Great Service

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

They really worked with our custom order and offered a great deal! Highly recommend!

The only place I will ever go for a tux!

Reviewed on 11/18/2014

I recently married the love of my life, and The Tux Shop on Woodward made sure I looked my best while I did it. My groomsmen (3), best man, and I all got out tuxes here, and we all received fantastic service. One of my groomsmen was an out-of-towner, but that was no... Read More problem for The Tux Shop. Since people come in a variety of shapes and sizes, they provided fantastic attention to detail, and made sure our tuxes fit our different body shapes and styles in the best possible way. I have rented many a tuxedo in my day, and so many of them have been shapeless, poorly-fitting, and worn out disasters. I'm happy to say The Tux Shop has set the bar for the competition by giving not only great service, but a great product as well. I can't finish this review without commenting on their prices, as well. I expected to pay a bit more considering the shop is a bit smaller and more personal, but in truth I found their prices every bit as competitive as other chain tuxedo rental shops. That sealed the deal for me; this is the only place I will ever rent a tuxedo.

Excellent Customer Service & Quality

Reviewed on 11/09/2014

Jeff is a pleasure to work with - he is committed to accommodating his customers and goes out of his way to ensure that their experience is seamless. I highly recommend him, and urge you to rent/purchase formalwear for your next event from the Tux Shop on Woodward. ---... Read More Rental Tuxedos --- Being from New York and having my wedding in the Metro Detroit area, I wanted to give my groomsmen (mostly from New York) the opportunity to rent their tuxes from a local vendor, to avoid terrible customer service at places like Mens Warehouse, and rather than have to drag the rental tuxes back and forth on a plane. I saw on Yelp that the Tux Shop was highly reviewed, but when I called Jeff to inquire, I knew immediately I had found the right place. Jeff was friendly, professional and extremely knowledgable about his inventory and the various color/style/accessory options. From the initial consultation to the wedding weekend, Jeff was always there to answer my calls - in the mornings and the evenings - and worked with me to make sure every detail was perfect. When it came time for my groomsmen to pick up their rental tuxedos, Jeff opened his shop early on a Saturday to accommodate their schedules, and very quickly was able to make the necessary adjustments. He even personally delivered the tuxes to our hotel! --- Purchase Tuxedos --- Additionally, I knew that I wanted to purchase my tuxedo as the groom, so that it could be tailored perfectly for photos. I had planned to buy a tux in New York and saw various options, but when I went ot the Tux Shop on Woodward and saw the quality and the pricing of Jeff's purchase inventory, I ended up buying my tuxedo from him too! Jeff went above and beyond in making sure I didn't have to worry. In considering various sizing options, he made sure I had all the options I would need to make sure my fit was right, and so he shipped my tuxedo (with 2 different jacket sizes), 3 shirts (with different cuts and neck sizes), shoes and various accessories to New York well in advance of my wedding so I could have them tailored locally (and even covered the cost of shipping!), and he was very flexible throughout the process. It was easy to ship everything back to Jeff that I didn't end up using, and he even gave me a return shipping label. I am so happy I bought my tux through Jeff, and highly recommend him for anyone looking to get that perfect tux.

Great Experience

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Kimberly P

Jeff Nelson is awesome. It is nice to go somewhere where the owner is actually in the store and cares that everything is perfect. Jeff will do whatever it takes to make your tux or rental exactly how you want it to look, no matter how many alterations it takes. His... Read More ability to cater to every client and remember the details is unparalleled. I will be a customer for life and will recommend this place to all my friends.

Perfect

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Katelyn L

The groom and groomsmen looked so handsome in their tuxes from The Tux Shop! The tuxes looked tailed to each man and very nice quality. Easy staff to work with especially since we had some out of town groomsmen that had to send their measurements in. Highly recommend to any... Read More bride!

groom

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Jeaneen A

Great place to rent tux. I rented for all of my groomsman. Service, quality and value were all great. I would recommend.

Fantastic Choice!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Alex J

I originally signed up at President's Tuxedo in Birmingham figuring a tuxedo is a tuxedo regardless of where you get it. I was very, very wrong. After getting my wedding party to go get fitted I heard a lot of grumbling about the fit of the tuxedos and decided to look elsewhere.... Read More I went into The Tux Shop and Jeff blew me away with his quality service and products. After meeting with him I realized how little President's had helped me in picking out my tuxedo and how little options they had compared to The Tux Shop. I ended up getting some really nice tuxedos for my wedding and got a lot of compliments on how nice they looked (and fitted!). The Tux Shop had very comparable prices to the other shops in the area but way better quality, selection, and service. Jeff and his staff are extremely knowledgeable and helpful and I would definitely recommend going there if you're having a wedding in the area.