1. After paying a deposit, the trees were cut down on the ENTIRE right side across the lake for an RV park 🙄. I was NEVER contacted before the demolition started. I was casually told about it after it was done. So, my guests saw big piles of d...
irt and tractor equipment and we were not able to take group pictures on the bridge bc that’s what was in the background.
2. We paid to stay at the lodge for the entire weekend. There was no wi-fi and the tv in the media room didn’t work properly. The wi-fi had been out already for like a month. It could and should have been fixed prior to our arrival. An example of poor management.
3. They had to call in a pump truck 2 hours before the wedding started. It left an hour before. Management literally blamed the females and said we were using too much toilet paper and told us to start putting our toilet paper in the trash can instead of flushing it when we had to go to the bathroom 😳
4. The Manager and his friend/decorator from MS deviated from my plan and took it upon themselves to make changes the day before the wedding and the day of. We had met 2 weeks prior to the wedding to finalize everything.
5. I had friends/family complain about the Manager walking around smoking all weekend.
6. They left my $300 wedding cake out until the end which had to be thrown away bc it had bugs all over it. It should have been taken in when all the food was cleared out.
7. The catering business they used came dressed in shorts & t-shirts. And one guy had on a cap. They looked like employees for a landscaping business.
8. The servers were making to go boxes of the food we paid for WITHOUT our permission!! While my guests were still going through the food line to make their plates! Seven boxes had been made before one of my guests questioned them about it. They then stopped. 😱
9. I was told multiple times by the Manager that certain things would be done that were never done (the dirt piles and equipment, a cleaned out stall to back our trailer in, clear bowls on reception table or fake gifts wrapped in pretty paper on gift table)
10. Instead of taking unneeded chairs to a location where they could not be seen. They stacked them in a corner at my reception.
11. The day of checkout the Manager and his decorator friend arrived 1 1/2 hours before our departure and sat outside waiting for us to leave. Not only was it unprofessional, it was weird.
12. My wedding had dirt and equipment in the background but in the future there will be RV’s there. Yes, the trees were cleared out for a “high end” RV park...at a wedding venue😱
13. We paid $7,800 to this venue. None of this should have happened!!
14. I messaged the OWNER about all of this and his response was a simple emoji. Something close to this 😲.